Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Tokubetsu posted:

they key to backlot rn seems to be lock down the two buildings look at b site and just camp the whole game

That sounds a lot like rammaza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Mae posted:

That sounds a lot like rammaza Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Just played a kill confirmed backlot where the leading player kill wise was 33 kills but the game ended 35-30.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Aniyah and the mill map are pretty fun but gently caress backlot goddamn

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Hooked up a keyboard and mouse to my ps4 and its amazing how much less frustrating this game is. I still suck rear end tho. How does one play with goons these days?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

jerman999 posted:

Aniyah and the mill map are pretty fun but gently caress backlot goddamn

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I’ve got a whole group of working from home/now unemployed friends and man. Quads is a blast.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Just played a kill confirmed backlot where the leading player kill wise was 33 kills but the game ended 35-30.

Pubbies are too stupid to do even the most basic objective type.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Really wish they'd stop porting COD4 maps and at least *try* some of the actual 6v6 MW2 maps instead if they insist on bringing back maps.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Play less poo poo game modes, people. Goons are notorious about flocking to the worst modes then bitching about them.

Kill confirmed is used to stat pad and or work on gun challenges. Most people aren't picking up tags because they don't want the game to end early.

Likewise, domination is the worst game mode of them all. It promotes camping at its core if you're actually trying to win. Sure, Always Be Cappin is more fun but your team will get its poo poo pushed in by any competent team looking to lock down the map and anchor their spawns correctly. Dom is also used to stat/kill whore due to setting up on a headglitch and letting the other team run directly into their crosshairs from whatever lane the enemy spawn emerges from.

Play HP, HQ, or SND if you're actually wanting to play a competitive game mode with the least amount of bullshit. The downsides to these modes are more competitive players mainline these specifically so you'll see a higher ratio of sweats and full teams working together than you would in the other queues.

Crustashio posted:

Really wish they'd stop porting COD4 maps and at least *try* some of the actual 6v6 MW2 maps instead if they insist on bringing back maps.

I suspect they've started with COD4 maps due to MWR having already been made and it being less work to port into MW. I'm dissapointed they haven't yet remade Strike yet. It was the best map of the bunch, IMO.

I also suspect they'll begin to add MW2 maps to the buckets in the upcoming seasons considering they just remade the MW2 campaign as an addon and like like each COD release, a majority of the MP maps are pulled directly from the campaign levels.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

codo27 posted:

putin's new skin is, uhh....did they really have to put in more content to cater to the people with [TRUMP] as their clan tag?

Pretty sure that honor goes to D-Day's new skin, loving gross.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Forgot my melee key.
https://i.gyazo.com/0acc30f65361e8cc6f0eea3eedd0c43a.mp4

Capn Beeb posted:

Pretty sure that honor goes to D-Day's new skin, loving gross.

Where can I see these? Battlepass or store?

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 9, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Battle pass.

He has a cowboy hat and body armor. I'm having a hard time being offended by it or prison putin.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
The body armour says Police on it in big letters on both sides. Not making any comment on it myself, just pointing out I assume that's what's objectionable about it to the poster.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But he's already a troop.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah, still I'm not sure why people would be bothered that a game about military, police and criminals have characters that are Military, police and criminals. Like, just a weird game series to be playing in the first place if that type of thing is off putting to someone lol.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

You would say that, Cumblaster

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Rikimaru posted:

Dang the removing 3 squad and not adding duos just effectively killed this game for a buddy and I. 2 vs 3 was manageable but this 2 vs 4 is insanity. Hope they patch in duo's or give 3's back soon.

If you run with fill enabled you will honestly get paired with another duo 90% of the time. Ran with a buddy all afternoon today and we just kept getting paired with some other duo rocking clan tags. With the ping system it honestly wasn't bad at all getting some decent teamwork going. Scored a win and quite a few 2-4 place finishes.

Admittedly still not the same as running my regular quad(which I will all weekend), but definitely doable.

Note: All else fails and your pubbie squad fill luck sucks, grab an RPG and hit up some goons. Blow poo poo up and enjoy the chaos.

Retro42 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 9, 2020

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What do the different “Aim response curve type” options actually do?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I also switched over my Xbox to monitor and kbm today and game is more fun

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

this is art

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Prison tattoo Yegor is the best skin in the game.

agreed, until i finally get the full gopnik red Adidas ensemble

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Lemon-Lime posted:

They finally added customisation for the default soldier types.

e; not the Russians though. Tough luck for them.

allegiance skins are so much better than the corny coalition (aside from MULLHOLAND DRIVE DUMPSTER MAN, that ones rules)

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The gently caress are all you mark as tricks today? Here we are needing 4 now for a group and nobody on the discord

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Well, haven't played proper multiplayer in a while other than Warzone so I reinstalled (on my PC) to see what is up.

RE: Team Deathmatch on Shipment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vSe-mmw

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The spawns on Backlot are some of the worst I've ever seen. Getting trapped in the bottom corner happens to one team or the other so easily you'd think it was a map feature.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quad warzone feels way harder

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The lumber mill map is cool but as usual the spawns are kinda hosed, though this time it seems instead of being easily spawn camped because of funnels in the map the limits for flipping the spawn are way too small. Like multiple times I had people spawn very close / in front of me OR I got capped within seconds of spawning by someone in the area.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Quad warzone feels way harder

Personally I really like the feel of it better. Much easier to cover a location with 4 than with 3. Plus, hunting/sweeping in pairs means it's more dangerous to be caught alone somewhere.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Finally got around to plugging kbm into my PS4 (it's already plugged into my monitor) and yeah, feels much better. Still not as nice as it would feel playing at 144hz but I can't afford that

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are they ever gonna do something with the bunkers in warzone or what?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Hats off to Macys, jones and nighthand we had a really good game and got a quads win.

I really enjoy the oden with the solero scope you can spot those glowing bastards pretty far away.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Actually got a W on our first quads game ever with friends, so it's all downhill from here.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol welp, PS4 wants apparently 200 gb free to update Warzone, I have a 400gb babydrive from the original PS4 only, so I tried it on my PC to see if I can't just buy the full game there anyway. Somehow it runs like total rear end on the machine I can run Doom Eternal and Metro Exodus on nearly max settings just fine on, so guess I'm just deleting half the crap off the PS4 and sticking with the free stuff :v:

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Strobe posted:

The spawns on Backlot are some of the worst I've ever seen. Getting trapped in the bottom corner happens to one team or the other so easily you'd think it was a map feature.

The only way out of that as far as I can tell is to jump on the van and vault into the building which will be covered from ever exposed angle on the other side.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

After bouncing back and forth between PS4 only and crossplay since launch, and especially since all of the cheater talk, I've been sticking to PS4 lobbies for the last week or so. I can pretty confidently say that PS4 only lobbies are consistently way sweatier than crossplay, and Warzone is way easier if you leave crossplay on. Some other goons came to this conclusion way before me and I had trouble believing it, but it's almost undeniable imo.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

veni veni veni posted:

After bouncing back and forth between PS4 only and crossplay since launch, and especially since all of the cheater talk, I've been sticking to PS4 lobbies for the last week or so. I can pretty confidently say that PS4 only lobbies are consistently way sweatier than crossplay, and Warzone is way easier if you leave crossplay on. Some other goons came to this conclusion way before me and I had trouble believing it, but it's almost undeniable imo.

How can a console player possibly compete with someone using a KBM even with generous aim assist? I'm not sure I've ever seen crossplay as an option on any actual FPS before.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well, you can play this with a Keyboard and mouse on console anyways, but I think it has more to do with the most try hard teams all repeatedly denying the pop up that tries to trick you into turning crossplay on while everyone else is just like whatever. The game really aggressively tries to get you to turn on crossplay and you have to really go out of your way to turn it off.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

How can a console player possibly compete with someone using a KBM even with generous aim assist? I'm not sure I've ever seen crossplay as an option on any actual FPS before.

The guy in my friend group who normally tops our scoreboard plays on a controller with no aim assist. Granted he was previously really good at R6 Siege on consoles which doesn't really have any assist either, but a lot of it is about knowing where to have your crosshair at when you peek a corner. If you're already aiming on them, it doesn't matter anymore that they could have snapped to you faster. Having really good game sense will get you further than average aim.

Does anyone know how the SOCOM rounds in the M4 stack up in Warzone? I normally use them in normal MP but I feel like I'm having trouble even downing a person with them much less killing. With the 60 round mag I can kill two people before I even have to reload, but the SOCOMs make me need to reload just to down one guy unless they're close enough for me to get the entire clip into them. Are they just bad in Warzone or am I not hitting enough shots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i really really wish people realized loadouts were 10k because gently caress i've wiped twice at a buy station bc teammates thought my 7k could straight buy the loadout drop