Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That's -2. It'll be -1 once I move back, still don't actually object to voting Sandwolf but goddamn this feels like such a lazy lifeless plod to the lunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I would rather see ##vote kashuno

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

These last minute shrug votes are worrisome to me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What am I supposed to do DBD? Beyond Grandi’s case, which is “He’s trying to help, but it’s insincere and he’s only pushing his one read!” no one is even posting a CASE on me

So loving annoying when I’m lunched through pure loving apathy from the town, this is why people lurk

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Kashuno I don't think he responded very well to bif

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

That's -2. It'll be -1 once I move back, still don't actually object to voting Sandwolf but goddamn this feels like such a lazy lifeless plod to the lunch

agreed but I'm going to bed soon so idk what else to do

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Mr. Humalong posted:

It's not a shrug vote, it's not no lunching votes on a candidate that imo has some legit criticisms on them but isn't the worst

Like, if you're going to complain about this stuff then comment on people that had 2-3 votes a few hours ago when it wasn't only looking like Sandwolf being the target. You also didn't even throw down a serious vote until a second ago

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote Mr. Humalong

That poo poo looks HORRIBLE actually

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sandwolf posted:

What am I supposed to do DBD? Beyond Grandi’s case, which is “He’s trying to help, but it’s insincere and he’s only pushing his one read!” no one is even posting a CASE on me

So loving annoying when I’m lunched through pure loving apathy from the town, this is why people lurk

I mean it's just usually people are entirely apathetic as well or kinda pissed/fight tooth and nail to stay. You being in between both is throwing me off

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

It's not a shrug vote, it's not no lunching votes on a candidate that imo has some legit criticisms on them but isn't the worst

Like, if you're going to complain about this stuff then comment on people that had 2-3 votes a few hours ago when it wasn't only looking like Sandwolf being the target. You also didn't even throw down a serious vote until a second ago

lol ok nerd calm down

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##vote Mr. Humalong

That poo poo looks HORRIBLE actually

"don't want to cause a no lunch"

*throws out a fee fees hurt vote*

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m just trying to restrain myself because I’ve had people think my emotional reactions are scummy too so what the hell

I still think Moat is the best candidate for the lunch, they haven’t been very active recently (NOT SAYING THEYRE LURKING but deadline is coming up), they haven’t said anything else to seem more townie

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Liking Kash and DBD for scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

"don't want to cause a no lunch"

*throws out a fee fees hurt vote*

Mr. Humalong posted:

lol ok nerd calm down

Mr. Humalong posted:

Liking Kash and DBD for scum.

ah, a classic 'nice meltdown'

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Scum humalong got his feelings hurt aw

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Scum humalong got his feelings hurt aw

It's 2 hours to deadline and you're acting like it's 2 minutes

but also throwing out a random vote????

this is exactly what you're complaining sandwolf is doing!!!!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Trying to catch up had two cars break down and today still gotta eat dinner will try to be around for deadline

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

I’m just trying to restrain myself because I’ve had people think my emotional reactions are scummy too so what the hell

I still think Moat is the best candidate for the lunch, they haven’t been very active recently (NOT SAYING THEYRE LURKING but deadline is coming up), they haven’t said anything else to seem more townie

I genuinely have a really hard time reading you and always feel convinced you are town, so I have no idea if that's what it is again but I feel like you're probably town. Ugggh I am sleepy but I think I decided to watch an anime first so I will ##unvote for now and be sure to come back

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Mr. Humalong posted:

It's 2 hours to deadline and you're acting like it's 2 minutes

but also throwing out a random vote????

this is exactly what you're complaining sandwolf is doing!!!!

Multiple people have voted and won't be around for deadline.

Half of the game is lurking but thankfully starting to file in closer to the deadline, and also people are concerned about no lunching because of the votes being split between 4-5 people and not enough potentially committing to a majority. Of course people are going to start to vote for someone while the game gets closer to the deadline who has a few legitimate criticisms thrown their way.

What am I complaining about Sandwolf doing?? Certain not "random votes", I am iffy about his claim but other than his early lurker callout vote, don't think he's as bad as other people said.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Grandicap posted:

Oh poo poo, ok, the case I remembered making was on Hum, then I got off of Hum because Toalp unvoted him and I got ~vibes~ from it.
And then their response to me when I called them on it:

Like wasn't trying to engage with the vote, but throw out a logic puzzle to "get me".

I think there is something there, but it isn't as much as I thought before. I still like it more than Sandwolf. The scum reasoning for those lurker callouts is to appear useful and helpful while not having to case himself. He does put real reads inside of his lurker callout posts though, they are weak, quick hits, and then he transitions to mechanic talk. Am I talking myself into leaning more into voting Sandwolf? I think thats what this post is turning into. I started it trying to explain why Toalp is a real good vote (They still are), but I ended it with Sandwolf trying to be an active and helpful presence in the thread, while sideline sniping and mechanic talking instead of casing.
The Moat case was weak and just, well here lemme contextualize it:

right after eachother first.

Then into:

Which is disagreeing with Toalp, and just going back to his gut read, but then adding on a lurker element.
To defend the lurker bit on Moat he drops this:

I think Sandwolf is scum, trying to coast on his one real call from d1 so he doesn't have to fabricate real opinions.

##vote Sandwolf

This is an accurate representation imo

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Kashuno posted:

I wanted to vote Circl because I currently believe marking may not be a net benefit for town. Yami also being able to mark has me feeling pretty sure it's not just a town thing so I feel reasonable in believing that there are scum markers.

I think this is a lame reason to lynch circl

I think he went about with his thing in a less townie fashion than Yami but honestly how new is he? I can see him getting excited and using it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ooh I didn't notice we were in Max territory here with the tied vote, how exciting

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

I think this is a lame reason to lynch circl

I think he went about with his thing in a less townie fashion than Yami but honestly how new is he? I can see him getting excited and using it

I did not vote circl once, simply voiced suspicion. I feel like that is being missed in these discussions about my views on circl

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Sandwolf posted:

Somber had to clarify but I actually have 1shot BP! But I am not told when it’s been used.

What is your flavor

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Meanwhile this is your post history:

Mr. Humalong posted:

A lot of this comes across as weird meta justifications to me.

(about toal)

Mr. Humalong posted:

I don’t like boogie’s vote for Moat. Or any of Boogie’s votes tbh

Mr. Humalong posted:

This seems odd.

(on grandi)

Mr. Humalong posted:

I would rather see ##vote kashuno

(you didn't speak on Kash at all before this)

and then this gem after providing toe-dipping critiques towards a few people:

Mr. Humalong posted:

This is what I didn't like about RF, which was I think he's playing a safe game and not trying to get noticed, which the same can be applicable to you. Then you did some lovely omgus wah wah poo poo for getting called out and made it look worse.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Kashuno posted:

I did not vote circl once, simply voiced suspicion. I feel like that is being missed in these discussions about my views on circl

Point taken just putting my opinion out

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Like am I crazy here? Does hum not look bad?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I would 100% also go for hum if we could swing it. I don't buy sandwolfs claim atm rho

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Votecount for Day 1

Sandwolf (4): Retro Futurist, ilmucche, Retro Futurist, ilmucche, Yami Fenrir, CirclMastr, Moatillata, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Kashuno, Deadbeat Dad, Kashuno
Kashuno (4): Infinitum, Bifauxnen, dmboogie, dmboogie, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, Hal Incandenza
Moatillata (3): CirclMastr, CirclMastr, Sandwolf, dmboogie, ilmucche
dmboogie (1): Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Toalpaz, Kashuno, Kashuno
Mr. Humalong (1): Moatillata, Toalpaz, Moatillata, Grandicap, Toalpaz, Grandicap, Deadbeat Dad
Toalpaz (1): Moatillata, Grandicap, Retro Futurist, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Moatillata, Grandicap, ilmucche, ilmucche
Grandicap (0): ilmucche, ilmucche
Bifauxnen (0): Yami Fenrir, Kashuno, Kashuno, Yami Fenrir
Infinitum (0): Bifauxnen, Kashuno, Bifauxnen, Kashuno
Retro Futurist (0): Toalpaz, Deadbeat Dad, Toalpaz, Hal Incandenza, Deadbeat Dad, Hal Incandenza
CirclMastr (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Grandicap
Hal Incandenza (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
ilmucche (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Deadbeat Dad (0): Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, Kashuno, Hal Incandenza
Yami Fenrir (0): Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (1): Kashuno

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 09th, 2020 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 42 minutes.

Deadbeat Dad was MARKED day one!

dmboogie was MARKED day one!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Like am I crazy here? Does hum not look bad?

Very ##vote hum I’ll be back in a bit

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
RF DBD Dmboogie your votes aren't super productive who of the two leaders would you pick atm?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Interesting kash, i would go for hum who else is here and would be willing to swap votes?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Seems like you're half resigned to being voted out but also kind of fighting not to be?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I mean it's just usually people are entirely apathetic as well or kinda pissed/fight tooth and nail to stay. You being in between both is throwing me off

Let me spoon feed you your own words that you have conveniently forgotten

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Moatillata posted:

RF DBD Dmboogie your votes aren't super productive who of the two leaders would you pick atm?

With your vote on Hum he'd b pretty much tied or 1 less than anybody else, don't see why a Hum lynch couldn't happen.

I'd feel most comfortable with Sandwolf out of you, him, and Kash right now. I don't like any of you 3 for my top picks though (Hum, RF), and would like to minimize claiming and just go with Sandwolf if our backs are against the wall, whether correct or not. Plus his claim to me is a bit iffy, which is probably the most damning thing about him to me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Interesting kash, i would go for hum who else is here and would be willing to swap votes?

I am here, not sure I would want hum over sand or kash... let me look closer

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Any reason you didn't include kash in this list?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

(you didn't speak on Kash at all before this)

And selective omission! Outstanding!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

This is what I didn't like about RF, which was I think he's playing a safe game and not trying to get noticed, which the same can be applicable to you.

Hm. I was tuning out the RF case cause I just always think of him as lurky and scummy no matter what so it was all white noise to me. But putting it this way makes me feel more suspicious of Hum and RF after all since this game really seems to be ruled by a heavy attitude of 'meh'

I would switch to either Hum or RF, Kash wanting to switch to Hum makes me a little paranoid though

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Mr. Humalong posted:

Let me spoon feed you your own words that you have conveniently forgotten

I still don't know what you're trying to get at here, explain to me like I'm a child because I'm either dumb or you're just flinging stuff at the wall

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'm playing in 2 games and modding another. I did not expect this game to start so soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

With your vote on Hum he'd b pretty much tied or 1 less than anybody else, don't see why a Hum lynch couldn't happen.

I'd feel most comfortable with Sandwolf out of you, him, and Kash right now. I don't like any of you 3 for my top picks though (Hum, RF), and would like to minimize claiming and just go with Sandwolf if our backs are against the wall, whether correct or not. Plus his claim to me is a bit iffy, which is probably the most damning thing about him to me.

I agree the claim seems weak this logic flows