Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Rinkles posted:

The new buffs might make Moze M4 viable with minimal gear requirements. You’ll just need a decent com

When the game dropped Bloodletter was the one I used (with Deathless), are there better choices now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Listerine posted:

When the game dropped Bloodletter was the one I used (with Deathless), are there better choices now?

Not that you can't get it to work, but I consider Bloodletter a bit of a trap, especially now that you can't heal with Hex grenades. Survivability just isn't that great without good gear, especially the grenade. I also don't like giving up health gate (a Borderlands mechanic that ensures you can't be one shot if you have at least 50% of your HP)

Blast Master is the default all round good Moze com (can't really say there's a definitive best one like w/ Zane, though). Boosts good skills and adds a lot of damage. As long as you don't reload you have a slowly growing buff to splash damage that tops out at 100% (I think it reaches that at about 50s). (Remember to take the Short Fuse cap stone). The cool thing is this bonus persists whilst you're in Iron Bear, and it applies to IB's own splash damage.

Blast Master actually makes for a decent IB com, especially since you can make IB's cooldown pretty short. If you want to spend almost all your time in IB without much hoppig out, though, you'll need Raging Bear or Bear Trooper. I've heard generally RB is preferred but it's an M4 only com and those can be painful to farm, even if you're capable of smashing M4 content.

But most of Moze's coms are actually workable, or fill some interesting niche.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm farming Billy the Annointed to try and get the Raging Bear mod for Moze.

I forgot how soul crushing farming bosses in the Borderlands series was. Holy poo poo.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Floppychop posted:

I forgot how soul crushing farming bosses in the Borderlands series was. Holy poo poo.

bUt fArMiNg iS tHe eNtIrE pOiNt oF tHe gAmE

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Floppychop posted:

At least you don't have to start from the very beginning of the level every time you want to kill a boss, unlike 2/TPS :shepicide:

The fast travel update makes farming for cosmetics and such much more tolerable

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Personally, if I had to choose between fighting the same boss over and over for X amount of time and fighting through a level of guys and then a boss over and over for that same amount of time, the latter sounds a lot more fun. Skipping the level full of guys before the boss means you get rewards faster, but that's a flaw in how the game is set up, it's encouraging you to do the less fun thing.

Shooting dudes is the fun part of the game, I kinda wish that the devs understood and rewarded this. Have a little bar that fills up as you clear areas out, then when you kill a boss it cashes out for better loot. Or add proving grounds style missions for every boss (and also make the rewards for them actually worthwhile). There are a lot of potential solutions that would be way better than what we have now.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Psychedelicatessen posted:

At least you don't have to start from the very beginning of the level every time you want to kill a boss, unlike 2/TPS :shepicide:

The fast travel update makes farming for cosmetics and such much more tolerable

I remember spending hours trying to get a certain pistol for Nisha on TPS, a one-shot shoggoth enemy dropped it. Never did get it. Never finished TPS with Nisha, either.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I think it's just Borderlands style farming that ends up getting to me. The loop of load > kill boss > quit > reload gets old fast.

Trials are a good opportunity for rift-style farming, but it's a missed opportunity.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Imo the rates we’re getting during these events should basically just be standard (maybe not the tinks). I spent ages doing the shakedown takedown and still didn’t quite get what I wanted, but with the standard rates I just straight up have no chance.

I did pick up a few raging bears though (the M4 coms also drop from the valks and wotan but the chances are usually minuscule), which is cool because I’ve (mostly) sworn off single boss farming.

Mayhem 2.0 sounds like maybe you’ll be able to reset bosses without save quitting, but the level reload might still be long.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Also, unless they changed how red chests work for the event, I finally got the cooldown bug! (Red chests have a ~40min reload cooldown, but for some save files the cooldown magically disappears).

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Something to edit your guardian ranks and cosmetics
https://github.com/FromDarkHell/BL3ProfileEditor

How do you deal with these guys?

Not the first one of them that ends up immortal, but I was at least able to skip the one in the takedown. None of my weapons did anything to them, nor melee. Couldn't get him to jump off the ledge either

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 11, 2020

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Too much loot....

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Strom Thermos posted:

Too much loot....

Seriously. The wife and I are playing right now and we're only playing on Mayhem 1 and she just said she's sick of looking at guns and deciding if they are good.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Is there some sort of Loot Tink thing going on? I’m bumping in to duos and trios of them in a lot of places and I’m starting to think it’s no coincidence and I’m not actually particularly lucky.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Is there some sort of Loot Tink thing going on? I’m bumping in to duos and trios of them in a lot of places and I’m starting to think it’s no coincidence and I’m not actually particularly lucky.

Yeah I think it's one of the current events.

Just checked, it's on until April 16. Also, increased legendary drops in rare chests, so make sure to open the chest in the vault behind Graveward etc.

Listerine fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 11, 2020

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Greenplastic posted:

bUt fArMiNg iS tHe eNtIrE pOiNt oF tHe gAmE

Ask me about trying to farm Killavolt all day for a current level transformer shield and not getting it to drop until i opened up one of the ammo cases during the fight :v:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

The Shame Boy posted:

Ask me about trying to farm Killavolt all day for a current level transformer shield and not getting it to drop until i opened up one of the ammo cases during the fight :v:

God, the recent vending machine event was throwing Transformers (usually anointed) at me like candy.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Yeah I’ve probably gotten eight or nine transformers between drops in the wild and slot machines in the past week. I’ve just been throwing them away because even a current level version (30’s levels) they’re only worth a couple grand.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Are transformers worth saving?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Playing more Moze has given me a new level of hatred for anointed militants. Amara has it easy.

Katt posted:

They're very good, even outside of the various synergies (they absorb all shock damage, including your own, meaning you can heal your shields with your own splash damage---though extra elemental anoints can still lead to self damage).

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Right now I'm playing Moze and I am using a "Green monster" class mod. In practical terms, all I need to do is use a shock weapon with a long firing time and I can do shock, fire and corrosive damage all at the same time. I imagine with a powerful enough Transformer shield, I could aim at my own feet and just restore my shield with that. Right now though, I'm just using whatever shield has the highest numbers regardless of quality, because I have virtually nothing invested on the shield skill tree and my defence is suffering as a result.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Tombot posted:

Right now I'm playing Moze and I am using a "Green monster" class mod. In practical terms, all I need to do is use a shock weapon with a long firing time and I can do shock, fire and corrosive damage all at the same time. I imagine with a powerful enough Transformer shield, I could aim at my own feet and just restore my shield with that. Right now though, I'm just using whatever shield has the highest numbers regardless of quality, because I have virtually nothing invested on the shield skill tree and my defence is suffering as a result.

It's possible the extra corrosion and fire damage would end up hurting you.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Katt posted:

Oh, boy...

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Mr Scumbag posted:

Oh, boy...

I found dozens of them during the last event and sold off all :v:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
If you're on PC I have a bunch of them still

Frekkie Melody
Feb 8, 2020

Risky Bisquick posted:

If you're on PC I have a bunch of them still

I'd gladly take a 57 one if you have one to spare.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Yeah, the Transformer is one of the best (arguably the best) shields in the game. Having all shock damage charge your shield is pretty incredible. There's also an assault rifle that does small amounts of self-shock damage while you fire it, so you're constantly healing your shield as long as you hold the trigger down.

Alternatively, you can charge your shield by throwing shock grenades at your feet. Or (and this really helps in the Circles of Slaughter) kill enemies who exclusively do shock damage last so they follow you around and act as your personal medics during long fights.

So many possibilities... :allears:

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

...! posted:

Yeah, the Transformer is one of the best (arguably the best) shields in the game. Having all shock damage charge your shield is pretty incredible. There's also an assault rifle that does small amounts of self-shock damage while you fire it, so you're constantly healing your shield as long as you hold the trigger down.

Alternatively, you can charge your shield by throwing shock grenades at your feet. Or (and this really helps in the Circles of Slaughter) kill enemies who exclusively do shock damage last so they follow you around and act as your personal medics during long fights.

So many possibilities... :allears:

The shock version of the Handsome Jackhammer is great for this. Only problem is it doesn't to a ton of damage, so you end up going through a ton of ammo to take down tougher baddies.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Frekkie Melody posted:

I'd gladly take a 57 one if you have one to spare.

I'm jayemsa #3681 in discord, on after 9 et usually

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

How do you people move money to alts? I stack the bank with 100 level 57 items and then sell them on the alt. Is there an easier way?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Katt posted:

How do you people move money to alts? I stack the bank with 100 level 57 items and then sell them on the alt. Is there an easier way?

Just pulled this off of Reddit, don't have an alt myself to check it...

quote:

Best way to make money on your alt is to go to your main and spend all your money tipping Moxxie. She sends you a gun to your mail. I dropped 1.2 million in her tip jar and sold the guns on my alt for 1.6 million. Then you go farm a few bosses on your main , stock up that extra loot and the money, and repeat

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I empty the lost loot machine and sell the weapons you get mailed for every 100 manufacturer kills.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
Just trade a chunk of change to a friend with your rich character, quit and bring in your poor one. Profit!

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I forgot which but there was a unique heavy weapon that was a combined mortar cannon and anti-material rifle. It was an epic version with a massive bonus to projectile speed so the shots were fast as regular bullets and packed a pretty decent punch.

I think the regular/legendary version has much slower projectiles and so it's not as good of a weapon which was a shame.

Edit: Seem to be having a gun where damage bypasses my shield (not a projection shield)

Katt fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 12, 2020

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Katt posted:

Make a friend, have them join your new characters game, spit out 20 shots of the gun gun

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Me and my friends reaching the level cap playing now and then since it came out on steam, for a game that touts "Billions and billions of guns!" it sure seems like we just upgraded our Krakatoa's, Lob's and Hellshock pistols for the entire game and everything else just seemed to not kill anywhere near as quickly.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

IDK why but the game sure loves dropping the Krakatoa. I don't think it's just perception bias. Maybe cause there are less legendary snipers in general, so they show up more often (depends on how loot drops are determined). It was the easiest gun to upgrade after the level cap.

But fear not, Mayhem 2.0 should provide a whole new treadmill for refinding leveled guns we already have.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
So today I found an anointed Anarchy where it adds 1% damage for every consecutive hit. Apparently that stack, plus the gun's reload/kill stack, plus my Moze's damage stacks break the gun because it didn't stack at all. Like, not even Moze's kill stacks worked until I switched it out. Weird.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Rinkles posted:

IDK why but the game sure loves dropping the Krakatoa. I don't think it's just perception bias. Maybe cause there are less legendary snipers in general, so they show up more often (depends on how loot drops are determined). It was the easiest gun to upgrade after the level cap.

But fear not, Mayhem 2.0 should provide a whole new treadmill for refinding leveled guns we already have.

"Fire doesn't work on shields!"

Krakatoa: Hold my beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Me and my friends reaching the level cap playing now and then since it came out on steam, for a game that touts "Billions and billions of guns!" it sure seems like we just upgraded our Krakatoa's, Lob's and Hellshock pistols for the entire game and everything else just seemed to not kill anywhere near as quickly.

Only so many usable weapons for M4.