Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

EorayMel posted:

Are you freaking kidding me. You actually bought into that idiotic statist FUD. That was one of the most rediculous things I have ever witnessed. I guess you believe he actually killed the bitcoin with that rock. What a joke. I guess that guy hunted like his ancestors did, camo t-shirt, cap turned backwards with leaves stuck in it. Do you really believe a person can chase a bitcoin for a mile or two until it gets tired and just walk up to it and kill it with a rock? A Walker hound can chase a bitcoin for hours and never catch it, so how do you think a person is going to do it? How can you take this thread seriously? And BTW, it's certainly not legal to hunt bitcoins with rocks in any state. That is for anyone dumb enough to think they could do it. One other thing, the idiot in the FUD said it's a kids nature to throw rocks at cryptocurrencies. I guess I wasn't a normal kid. I just forgot to go around the neighborhood throwing rocks at whatever cryptocurrency got in my way. This is one of the most rediculous threads I have read since I have been on this forum. I guess I had better go find my perfect rock for this bitcoin season.

Um, er,

>LOOK UNDER ROCK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Boxturret posted:

do you think there's some connection between liking bitcoin and having the memory of a goldfish?

why do you think they need a record of everything

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

gschmidl posted:

Um, er,

>LOOK UNDER ROCK?

You keep trading the US Dollars and soon find a fresh one to hunt. You quickly
chase after the bitcoin and attack it. You pounce on top of the bitcoin and begin
tearing it apart

You scream loudly as you rip pieces of bitcoin flesh from the bitcoin's body and shove
them down the bitcoin's throat. You then begin laughing maniacally as you feast
on the remains of the bitcoin

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

gschmidl posted:

Um, er,

>LOOK UNDER ROCK?

itym

>LOOK UNDER BIRDBATH

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
> who is john galt:ins:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Weatherman posted:

> who is john galt:ins:

a miserable little pile of secrets

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
One developer has spoken up about recent rumors regarding Cooking Mama: Cookstar and the real reason it was pulled from the Nintendo Switch eShop.

BY CHRISTOPHER TEUTON
APR 06, 2020

Cooking Mama Cookstar Controversy

One developer has spoken up about the rumors surround Cooking Mama: Cookstar. Recently, the game had launched on the Nintendo Switch eShop but was quickly pulled without any explanation, leaving many players who had been anticipating the title feeling confused. Later, rumors began to circulate that Cooking Mama: Cookstar was mining cryptocurrency, including allegations that running the game would cause people's Switch consoles to overheat.

Cooking Mama: Cookstar would have been the first game in the Cooking Mama franchise to appear on the Nintendo Switch, with the last five games in the series being released on the Nintendo DS and, before that, the Nintendo Wii. The game has yet to reappear on the Nintendo eShop and, according to one developer, it may not return at all.

Recently, Screen Rant was contacted by a member of the Cooking Mama: Cookstar development team who wanted to speak about the current controversy surrounding the game. The developer, who wishes to remain anonymous, dismissed the rumors of cryptocurrency mining:

"The statement about crypto-currency was all buzz words. The head of planet entertainment knows very little about these things... he just put some fancy language to get potential investors who like that stuff. As for the crashes/ overheating. That would be because the game is made in unity. By many people working on their first game... it's not the best product but it made it through several vigorous reviews by nintendo and Sony. There is no way crypto-mining stuff could get through those tests. I doubt anyone at 1p would even be able to make such a thing."

The developer also revealed the real reason Cooking Mama: Cookstar was pulled from the Nintendo eShop, stating "There is a legal battle between the publisher, planet entertainment and the ip holder, office create." According to the developer, this is because "planet entertainment released the game against a request by office create to keep polishing the game, or perhaps even canceling it." There was clearly a lack of communication between the publisher and the development team, as our source describes this kind of behavior as "pretty standard."

"At one point the japanese official create clients came to oversee development. An argument started and the clients were told to go home if they weren't being "constuctive". Once they found out that planet entertainment released the game, they used their nintendo contacts to pull it from the e-shop and stop production of cartridges.

"Overall, everyone at 1p loves the cooking mama franchise and did their best to make the best product considering the interference from the higher ups. I think the game is far from perfect, but would have done fine without the publishers stumbling so constantly..."

When asked about whether the game was released without letting the team know ahead of time, the developer replied, "It's hard to say. We were told the game was coming out in March. That's all anyone knew. The boss at 1p, tobi, keeps that kind of thing to herself mostly stating she doesn't want to stress us with the details... Advertising was blocked by office create too. There were youtube ads, websites, and even tik tok ads that never came out." The future of Cooking Mama: Cookstar remains uncertain, as the developer ended by saying "As I understand planet entertainment is sueing office create having it removed for money lost. It's hard to say if it will ever be released properly."

It's a shame Cooking Mama: Cookstar may never see a proper release, especially after hearing about how the developers worked so hard only to have their product pushed into the public eye before it was completed. It is nice to put the rumors of cryptocurrency mining to rest, and hopefully, all the effort put forth by these developers will eventually see the light of day, but only after the game has been completed and Cooking Mama: Cookstar no longer runs the risk of overheating Nintendo Switch consoles.

:allears:

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

...! posted:

"I doubt anyone at 1p would even be able to make such a thing."

"cryptocurrencies are pretty sophisticated after all." :smug:

found the guy that did it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I keep reading it as Cockstar. Should probably see an eye doctor.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

EorayMel posted:

And BTW, it's certainly not legal to hunt bitcoins with rocks in any state.
i still think if a bitcoin is invading your home you are allowed to shoot it.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

CampingCarl posted:

what if you find a bitcoin passed out in a back alley, covered in hobo urine? can you put it out of it's misery?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
So it's not mining cryptocurrency but possibly coded in Solidity.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

CampingCarl posted:

times when i wish i could draw

picture mr. bitcoin just crashing through the wall like the koolaid man

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

PLEASE I AM NEW ON BITCOIN AND I NEED IDEAS THAT WILL NOT MISLEAD ME FALL IN WRONG HANDS OR SCAM. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 9 hours ago by FavourKingredditor for a day

Please I am so interested in starting trading on bitcoin, I am new and someone told me that,she is a FINANCIAL ACCOUNT manager(who manages people's bitcoin trading accounts on their behalf)on bitcoin, that I can create my trading account with a trading company and fund of with 250€,then she will help me to manage or trade my money with bitcoin and gives me a good profit at the end of the week.PLEASE is this really true or is it fake?????? Please help me out?? And can anyone have access to my account to WITHDRAW my money I will put into it or even the profit they are making on my trading???????

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Shumagorath posted:

So it's not mining cryptocurrency but possibly coded in Solidity.

Unity has/had a JS-like scripting language that's also bad so that might not be too far off

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Munkeymon posted:

Unity has/had a JS-like scripting language that's also bad so that might not be too far off

solidity makes javascript look divinely inspired

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Soricidus posted:

solidity makes javascript look divinely inspired

Javascript is divinely inspired. Yog-Sothoth is a deity.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

*uses mongodb*
where's your god now?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

🅰🅻🅻 🅷🅰🅸🅻‼️
🆆🅴🅱 🆂🅲🅰🅻🅴

Vivick
Feb 24, 2007

Azathoth posted:

*uses mongodb*
where's your god now?

Moon god db

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Vivick posted:

Moon god db

:wrong:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i love empty quoting empty quotes

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

...!
Oct 5, 2003

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

i love empty quoting empty quotes

:hmmyes:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

...! posted:

Grace Baiting posted:

:right:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

my favourite part of the something awful (dot) com forums is that every other nested quote is broken

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

quote:

quote:

quote:

buttcoin

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
radium posting his dumbass libertarian opinions as the sa support bot and banning anyone who disagreed

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I pull down my pants and spread my buns, gripping tightly like the bars on a roller coaster car to let off a long wispy crack that whistles through the air as would steam from a teapot. I huff and heave quickly, then my face starts turning beet red as sweat manifests and trickles down the sides of my head from my teeth clenching even tighter.
I grunt then commit to a push, feeling my ring slowly pop. I feel every iota of mass inside me start to rattle and writhe wetly as it smoothly moves with the unbroken grace of a pulled chain or conveyor belt, tiny secondary puffs of rancid air also escaping as my tightly puckering starfish begins to be brayed upon from the inside. It is impossible to stop it now as its very suddenly peeks out shyly, as would a moray eel in a coral reef.
Persisting my arduous efforts and ignoring the blood vessels threatening to rupture in my brain, I begin birthing the chocolate anaconda, feeling its slimy though somewhat hardened head start to slip out. The very air surrounding it, as it anything else it ever touches, is irreparably tainted from it slithering out of the only possible thing that could have safely contained it, the visible steamy lines almost visibly wafting off it as would smoke from a smoldering log.
I grunt then push, then push, and push evermore, feeling it further be pushed out and vacant, now plopping onto the ground. Its fangs of corn are finally revealed, glittering with the same noxious paradox as would fools gold to desperate prospectors. It begins being buried in self-lubricating coils upon itself, as if there is no end to its vile length.
As more of it is yet revealed no different from the rest, hordes of flies immediately home in and begin attacking it, trying to burrow and infest it to spawn their very own pestilent brood. Yet, it is so foul and polluted that the flies themselves crumple and fall dead out of the air from the sheer befoulment brought forth, as the few that survive and land on it instantaneously shrivel and die, even falling and being assimilated into the putrid mass like a rock sinking in quicksand.
It goes on, and on, and on, and yet more of it still coming into the world to mock and invade as if this domain was made for it to defile, but finally my efforts yield the most golden fruit of all. I reflexively continue pushing, up until the very tip of its coarse tail escapes, feeling completely hollow like nothing else before, and nothing else besides one base thing for the evil I have wrought:
I have a mined a bitcoin.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

where do you get all these

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
chuck palahniuk

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Boxturret posted:

where do you get all these

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

no helldumping

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:rip: