Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkbasket
Apr 24, 2019
My girlfriend has turnips at 421 this afternoon. Her island is open, currently nobody in queue.

https://turnip.exchange/island/800c4de7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

Hey all, here's what's up with the fishing contest in case anyone's curious about what to expect.

You get 3 minutes to catch as many fish as you can, and you get 1 point per fish with a bonus for catching at least three fish. You can enter as many times as you want, the first entry is free but subsequent entries are 500 bells. You can trade 10 points for a prize. I'm not sure if this is random or in a specific order, but so far I've gotten a rod stand and an anchor statue.

All fish you catch during the contest get teleported into a cooler so you don't have to worry about inventory management. After the 3 minutes is up, you can collect your fish from the cooler or sell them all to CJ which is awesome.

Edit: Also, the contest runs from 9am to 6pm

LonelyMudkip fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 10, 2020

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

LonelyMudkip posted:

Hey all, here's what's up with the fishing contest in case anyone's curious about what to expect.

You get 3 minutes to catch as many fish as you can, and you get 1 point per fish with a bonus for catching at least three fish. You can enter as many times as you want, the first entry is free but subsequent entries are 500 bells. You can trade 10 points for a prize. I'm not sure if this is random or in a specific order, but so far I've gotten a rod stand and an anchor statue.

All fish you catch during the contest get teleported into a cooler so you don't have to worry about inventory management. After the 3 minutes is up, you can collect your fish from the cooler or sell them all to CJ which is awesome.

That's not a contest, that's a grind. I wanted to crush my fellow villagers.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
How much does Time Travel gently caress with events like these? I'm working through the entire tournament :v:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

now that i have two octopus villagers i am kinda tempted to try and get the other one as well

also i caught a flea off marina, how the gently caress a cephalopod got a flea

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Well, I got all the CB recipes. It took about 12 hours of grinding over three days. Good thing I’m stuck in my apartment!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

LonelyMudkip posted:

It's in a specific order of new prizes all the way to 300 points, after which the order restarts.

edit: Still looking for lilies if anyone has em in their store!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

LastGoodBoy posted:

That's not a contest, that's a grind. I wanted to crush my fellow villagers.

This is our punishment for loading up on whale sharks and big bad beetles on the island in New Leaf to then use in the Fishing and Bug tourneys throughout the year.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

also i caught a flea off marina, how the gently caress a cephalopod got a flea

I got a flea off sprocket last night and he's a god drat robot

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

It's in a specific order of new prizes all the way to 300 points, after which the order restarts.

That's a lot of fish

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Look, CJ really needs those viewers.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

someone awful. posted:

I got a flea off sprocket last night and he's a god drat robot

sounds like this robot's got some bugs

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

Opening up! Southern hemisphere, cherry native, 10am. I'll be AFK from 11 onwards playing dnd, but I'll leave my switch on.

- Fishing contest! Not sure how well it'll work with people coming and going, but whatever
- Ables have baseball shirts, noble dresses, super cute oversized sweater dresses, ski masks, a kiwi hat, steampunk goggles and some other stuff
- Nooks have an oil lamp and a red record box. Flowers are roses, mums and lillies
- left some fossils and a lily record player recipe on the beach. Fossils are Iguanadon Torso, Right Megalo Side, Quetzal Torso, and a Diplo Tail, so you can check what you need before you come

Edit: looks like anyone can initiate the contest, and you get decent points for co-op. That's not too bad!

edit: closed

Zaggitz posted:

Cheers! I've got white and yellow lillies in my store

LonelyMudkip fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 11, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dang, KK is really pick with name requests. "DJ K.K" does not work. "DJ K.K." does.

I wish he would at least tell me the name of the song he played instead. I kinda liked it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oxyclean posted:

Dang, KK is really pick with name requests. "DJ K.K" does not work. "DJ K.K." does.

I wish he would at least tell me the name of the song he played instead. I kinda liked it.

I've been wondering all day how demanding he is :sweatdrop:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Poque posted:

I thought that was patched back in like 1.1.3. Is this a different one?
Apparently not as it happened to me. Maybe that was a problem with Amiibo? This was just a normal villager taken from a friend's island.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've been wondering all day how demanding he is :sweatdrop:

You have to be really careful to type 'K-period-K-period', upper-case Ks and no space in between the two. K.K. is very picky about that.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Wife is about to rage quit over having to catch 5 fish in a row.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Picayune posted:

You have to be really careful to type 'K-period-K-period', upper-case Ks and no space in between the two. K.K. is very picky about that.

Dammit K.K., you're not THAT big a star if I can get you as a regular on my island :arghfist:

fizzy-o
Sep 2, 2011

the reason i'm not rewarded
is because, as a person,
i'm quite warped

Does anyone have the recipe for an Ironwood Cupboard who would be willing to craft one for me? I can either bring mats or trade you an Ironwood Dresser or Ironwood Low Table.

My new kitchen needs it desperately!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

What am I gonna do with all this wacky egg crap now

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
If your first request isn’t K.K. Song, there’s something wrong with you.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Double Punctuation posted:

If your first request isn’t K.K. Song, there’s something wrong with you.

my first request will be, as it always is, k.k. dirge

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

track day bro! posted:

I will gladly take it all off your round hands for you.

I also need some iron nuggets, if anyone has any. I’ve been using Nook Miles, but haven’t had much luck.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

K.K. FREEBIRD

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

> steal skye's kitchen system unit

You cannot take Skye's KITCHEN SYSTEM UNIT.

gently caress!!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
K.K. Condor is the very first KK Slider song I ever heard, back when my brother played Animal Crossing on the Gamecube. It will always be my first request.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

track day bro! posted:

What do ya know, 40 Easter items is the exact recipe for a bonfire!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Attention All Goons

One of my villagers is crafting Gold Armor right now. I have no idea how long he'll do so, but I'm going to be AFK in his house for at least an hour or two. His house is on the NE corner of the island, up the cliffs, surrounded by brick fencing.

https://turnip.exchange/island/0840359f

PS: please don't pick my flowers, I'm still trying to crossbreed them. :shobon:

e: it's dead, fam

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 11, 2020

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

YggiDee posted:

K.K. Condor is the very first KK Slider song I ever heard, back when my brother played Animal Crossing on the Gamecube. It will always be my first request.

kk condor slaps

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Frankston posted:

Has to be across water. I tried to make a bridge spanning across some cliffs but yeah, needs to be across a river.

Ah, bummer. Thanks everyone who replied.

LastGoodBoy posted:

Correct. I'll PM you the Amiibo bins.

Can I get in on that fun?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Imagine not picking Go K.K. Rider first.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

Attention All Goons

One of my villagers is crafting Gold Armor right now. I have no idea how long he'll do so, but I'm going to be AFK in his house for at least an hour or two. His house is on the NE corner of the island, up the cliffs, surrounded by brick fencing.

I was the first in line, but my internet is being mean. :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm supposed to be playing FF7: R but I keep coming back to make sure I can get progress done on my entire city overhaul :ohdear:

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
New tradition: If my villagers mention you by name, as in "Did you meet so and so from wherever when they visited" I will be sending you a letter. Mostly with random junk given to me by villagers, or stuff that fell out of a tree. Hope to see a lot of you visiting Ruby Isle in the future.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Blaziken386 posted:

Attention All Goons

First time using Turnip Exchange. I've been given the code, but keep getting interference. This is standard, yeah?

Edit: Nevermind, success!

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Funky Valentine posted:

Imagine not picking Go K.K. Rider first.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

agent kk is also a banger

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Chris Pistols posted:

First time using Turnip Exchange. I've been given the code, but keep getting interference. This is standard, yeah?
only one person at a time can enter. It's better than a full on goonrush, but it's still a little bit ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
KK Aloha is the best one