Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
So no, I didn't send any messages.

AA is right that I don't know everything about the mechanics. I've been thinking about this.

The only possibility that I can see that doesn't involve either b- lying or a messenger lying to b- would be for me to be the cop, and somehow if I target scum, it sends my decoded results to another player. In this scenario I would have to be the cop, since no one else successfully targeted YPM n1, and I don't think sending uncoded messages makes sense with the hidden element of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacing in vienna posted:

So no, I didn't send any messages.

AA is right that I don't know everything about the mechanics. I've been thinking about this.

The only possibility that I can see that doesn't involve either b- lying or a messenger lying to b- would be for me to be the cop, and somehow if I target scum, it sends my decoded results to another player. In this scenario I would have to be the cop, since no one else successfully targeted YPM n1, and I don't think sending uncoded messages makes sense with the hidden element of the game.

that would be plausible if binus received the message on n1

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
At this point im thinking failed gambit, but still feel bee town vibes fwiw

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

At this point im thinking failed gambit, but still feel bee town vibes fwiw

what do you feel about SiV's probable cop results?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Gamerofthegame posted:

what do you feel about SiV's probable cop results?

I think i missed that lol and drat. Maybe so...

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

I think i missed that lol and drat. Maybe so...

Maybe so? What’s maybe so?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

Maybe so? What’s maybe so?

Maybe you're actually scum

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

So you don’t think there’s a possibility GOTG is scum?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

case closed gang ypm is scum

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Imagining a team of AA, Binus, ETR, and Gamer and ETR jumped ship as soon as he could because holy poo poo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

the longer binus doesn't explain this the worse it looks? like just admit if it was bs or not but it's sorta feeling like a backfired gambit

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

Imagining a team of AA, Binus, ETR, and Gamer and ETR jumped ship as soon as he could because holy poo poo

rude

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

the longer binus doesn't explain this the worse it looks? like just admit if it was bs or not but it's sorta feeling like a backfired gambit

take it from me, the self-proclaimed king of lying townies. there'd be no town motivation for lying about that.

i cant exactly wrap my head around a scum motivation for it either, but binus coming back to thread after all the questions just to put a smiley and leave again.... i think voting him is the best move

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also of note is the complete lack of actual votes on binus (besides me), despite the amount of skepticism leveled at him for this claim. compare to the rather easy way gotg voted for etr after the claim.

so, i actually dont think gotg is scum with binus unless scum has basically given up, because that vote would be way too obvious. he may still be scum if binus is town, pulling off an easily-justifiable bus that's unlikely to take off. but right now, im thinking binus scum

what im thinking is that there's probably a scum among the posters shading binus but neglecting to place a vote

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

also of note is the complete lack of actual votes on binus (besides me), despite the amount of skepticism leveled at him for this claim. compare to the rather easy way gotg voted for etr after the claim.

so, i actually dont think gotg is scum with binus unless scum has basically given up, because that vote would be way too obvious. he may still be scum if binus is town, pulling off an easily-justifiable bus that's unlikely to take off. but right now, im thinking binus scum

what im thinking is that there's probably a scum among the posters shading binus but neglecting to place a vote

Honestly I’m waiting for any sort of explanation before I vote because what the gently caress

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

i think you (and others) put way to much faith in the argument of ha ha an actual mechanical vote as if the vote history matters in comparison to how you post

if you don't think I'm scum then what about siv's cop thing, assuming that paints ypm as scum then are you saying binus is randomly and awkwardly bussing ypm?

that's a lot of buses in a post-etr world

we're under quarantine people stop this

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gamerofthegame posted:

i think you (and others) put way to much faith in the argument of ha ha an actual mechanical vote as if the vote history matters in comparison to how you post

if you don't think I'm scum then what about siv's cop thing, assuming that paints ypm as scum then are you saying binus is randomly and awkwardly bussing ypm?

that's a lot of buses in a post-etr world

we're under quarantine people stop this

idfk what binus was thinking, regardless of alignment (unless 3p)

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

So you don’t think there’s a possibility GOTG is scum?

So much deflection in your recent posts. ##vote ypm

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Gotg it's really interesting to me that you were convinced I was some kind of action detector earlier but sure both that I'm the cop and that I caught YPM now.

I really hate binus bailing like this.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

b-minus1 posted:

... You want to actually explain literally anything?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if he is scum, obviously lying about this would be a horrible gambit.

if he is town, why the hell wouldnt he claim it in his first post of the day?

my current theory is, he's scum telling the truth. decided after siv's claim to claim it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I was just loving around last night after getting caught up with the game. Ypm’s posts were pinging me and everything he has posted since last night has convinced me that he’s scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

If you, Amnistar, think it might be a gambit, then it is a gambit, because without going into too many details, you would HAVE to be involved if it was real.

I guess the cop could have copped me n1, and been rolecopped, and been told out of thread their role, and did not reveal it in thread (because ????) and then used the OTHER messenger to get the message to b-minus for whatever reason, and I’m a miller role. I just don’t see that happening

Like this is not how a town player responds to someone calling them scum. Oh I must be a miller lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b-minus1 posted:

I was just loving around last night after getting caught up with the game. Ypm’s posts were pinging me and everything he has posted since last night has convinced me that he’s scum.

dont be surprised to be turbo'd.

##unvote momentarily to reread ypm's reactions and see if somehow this terribly misinformed town gambit paid off.

but probably, you screwed the pooch regardless of your alignment

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Like this is not how a town player responds to someone calling them scum. Oh I must be a miller lol

He was detailing how many loving hoops would have to be jumped through for your fake claim to be true not claiming miller you absolute cretin

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If you, Amnistar, think it might be a gambit, then it is a gambit, because without going into too many details, you would HAVE to be involved if it was real.

I guess the cop could have copped me n1, and been rolecopped, and been told out of thread their role, and did not reveal it in thread (because ????) and then used the OTHER messenger to get the message to b-minus for whatever reason, and I’m a miller role. I just don’t see that happening

this is the only ypm post that could possibly be used as evidence of your gambit working (because it *is* a little weird) but i'm very much not getting "this is not how a town player responds to someone calling them scum" from it. the miller suggestion was only to say "this is how extremely unlikely i find this possibility"

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

b-minus1 posted:

What deflection? You completely derailed the conversation. What were we supposed to do, wait for you to come back patiently? Both GOTG and AA didn’t put down an opinion when they first responded, which is what scum would do if they knew you were lying but were trying to see where the winds were blowing. I was prodding them.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm willing to accept that it was a horrible town gambit. we have more than enough time left, and i'd rather get scum than punish binus for being bad.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I buy b was just bored. It just annoys me that he came Kramering in like he was on to something

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im finding "ypm scum" to be really unlikely because of his case on gotg coming *before* siv's claim, so it'd have to be a majorly lucky coincidence for scum-ypm's chosen push to suddenly get a potential "not same alignment as me" result.

of course. siv could be scum and pulling a complicated gambit, but..... occam's razor

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Who has not claimed their night action yet? Their actual night action, not a bizarre lie.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dragonatrix posted:

I used my action last night, on AA, and I just got a success with no follow-up so no idea what that did. Judging from this, hard to say if it was much of anything.

Dragonatrix posted:

If I'm understanding it correctly, wouldn't a Green with no name mean you know someone else visited the same person you did, but not who it was?

Dragonatrix posted:

Bif was only a messenger, so how did she know that YPM was copped, those results came back as scum and then why choose Binus to send the message to?

This has to be scum. ##vote Dragon

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
unrelated, i'd like for someone else (sandwolf or amni?) to rolecop me simply for the sake of confirming the things hum has answered about my role.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Humalong posted:

This has to be scum. ##vote Dragon

Can you explain? I don’t follow.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hiding behind a night action claim that can't be verified until at least tomorrow (if anyone gives enough of a poo poo to rolecop a lurker), engaging in ~mechanics chat~ to appear helpful, carefully avoiding stating whether or not they believe the binus claim...

consider they also bussed ETR a lot

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I think Gamer and Dragon are the only two real options today, as much as I also believe AA is scum. I'd want to see one of them flip first.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

spacing in vienna posted:

Gotg it's really interesting to me that you were convinced I was some kind of action detector earlier but sure both that I'm the cop and that I caught YPM now.

I really hate binus bailing like this.

I think it could be one or the other and said as such.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Humalong posted:

I think Gamer and Dragon are the only two real options today, as much as I also believe AA is scum. I'd want to see one of them flip first.

Given the lunch failed to swing to ETR day 1, I think the decision to bus ETR came day 2. I am not against a dragon lunch (there are a few that I would argue against lunching today), but I think GOTG is more likely (even though I’ll die tonight if SiV’s cop claim is confirmed by GOTG’s flip)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

yes you will absolutely die tonight and not the cop lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ah. Ok I know what most of that means. Weird that the mod decided you are aware of your role...UNLESS YOUR SCUMBRO TOLD YOU ALREADY

##vote AA

responding super late to this:

its not hard at all to believe being told what his codes mean was enough to constitute being made aware if his role