Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Google tells me 'pollo' means chicken, but what does the 'b' stand for?
google told you that? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

KoRMaK posted:

google told you that? lol

I live in Australia (where less than 1% of the population speak Spanish at home) but even I knew that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVYvbd8PD-Q

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Memento posted:

I worked with a dude who got concussed by a rock hammer in his 4wd when he rolled it. Didn't even hit him that hard, but it's a hammer, so it didn't really need to. He was on the way to get some samples, so it could have been worse if he was coming back with multiple large bags of rocks in the cab with him.

How did he get a 4wd into a prison

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Piss Meridian posted:

How did he get a 4wd into a prison

The same way the rest of us do, one piece at a time

not sure if you're making a Shawshank joke or an Australia joke, it works pretty well either way

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

trickybiscuits posted:

The other day I was cleaning out my car and I hit myself in the face with the snow shovel I keep in there

just wanted to let everyone know that
A few years back I had to pull the steering wheel off in my old truck. I had done it before without the special tool that costs $20 to rent so I just did the same thing, remove the nut and start banging on the back side of the steering wheel until it broke free. Unfortunately that second time I whacked it too hard and it went flying into my face when it let go. Whanged me pretty hard on the bony bit of my nose -- if it had hit just a little lower it would have broken my nose.

If I ever have to do it again I'll just rent the drat tool.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://i.imgur.com/dMeRutr.mp4

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Why doesn't the score change?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

MarcusSA posted:

Why doesn't the score change?

The scorekeeper is probably too confused.

It changed a minute later.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Apr 10, 2020

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Kennel posted:

The scorekeeper is probably too confused.

It changed a minute later.

I wonder how the hell the refs sorted that one out. Obviously the basket counted, but then the wrong team took the ball out and then I think they called a time out?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The best part, of many things, in that basketball video is that the referees weren't stopping play because everyone had just hosed up massively. They stopped play because the clock ran out.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

Should be grande G
please put a giga fajita inside me

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

I did this at about age 13 and am still embarrassed at the memory of it. My basketball career was short lived, full of mistakes and only existed because all my friends like basketball.

One time the other team scored, the ball was thrown to me and I thought they meant for me to pass it in, so I walked the ball back over the line which confused everyone, angered my team and turned the ball over. I don’t think I got passed the ball too often after that despite still having to play out the season because my parents had paid for it.
:confused:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Memento posted:

I worked with a dude who got concussed by a rock hammer in his 4wd when he rolled it. Didn't even hit him that hard, but it's a hammer, so it didn't really need to. He was on the way to get some samples, so it could have been worse if he was coming back with multiple large bags of rocks in the cab with him.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Basketball isn't really popular here so can someone explain what I'm looking at?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fartbox posted:

Basketball isn't really popular here so can someone explain what I'm looking at?

Blue player scored an own goal. I suppose if we want to further the football analogy the white team missed a penalty, blue got the ball back, then one player got confused and just took a shot at their own goal.

Azhais fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Apr 10, 2020

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Azhais posted:

Blue player scored an own goal. I suppose if we want to further the football analogy the white team missed a penalty, blue got the ball back, then one player got confused and just took a shot at their own goal.

And then all the other players and even the refs kept going as if the attack zones had suddenly flipped around.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/1iyBByb.mp4

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Label the ramps 2019 & 2020

mastergeebo
Sep 26, 2004

Via con Dios, el Dingo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikBe8Y2CZWQ

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

DRINK ME posted:

I did this at about age 13 and am still embarrassed at the memory of it. My basketball career was short lived, full of mistakes and only existed because all my friends like basketball.

One time the other team scored, the ball was thrown to me and I thought they meant for me to pass it in, so I walked the ball back over the line which confused everyone, angered my team and turned the ball over. I don’t think I got passed the ball too often after that despite still having to play out the season because my parents had paid for it.
:confused:

Awwww don't worry buddy, I've seen worse at the middle school I teach at. I love going to the C team games because they're just so inept. Lots of kids try to shoot at the wrong basked the first few weeks. One girl shot for like 3 minutes and no one tried to stop her. She's horrible so it never went in, but when she got back to the bench she was like "ohhhhh, that's why I was so open!"

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Grem posted:

Awwww don't worry buddy, I've seen worse at the middle school I teach at. I love going to the C team games because they're just so inept. Lots of kids try to shoot at the wrong basked the first few weeks. One girl shot for like 3 minutes and no one tried to stop her. She's horrible so it never went in, but when she got back to the bench she was like "ohhhhh, that's why I was so open!"

:3:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Grem posted:

I used to referee basketball for the boys & girls club in my hometown. Reffing the girls 6-7 y/o games usually involved a lot of on-court coaching telling them which basket was theirs.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JPrime posted:

I used to referee basketball for the boys & girls club in my hometown. Reffing the girls 6-7 y/o games usually involved a lot of on-court coaching telling them which basket was theirs.

Really tiny kids playing organized sports is always adorable, especially since they don't keep score half the time :3: I had a great time going to my nephew's t-ball games back in the day

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Is that motorcycle that got clipped in the dashcam vid at fault? I don't live anywhere where lanesplitting is legal, so I'm curious how it works in places where it is, or if it is there.

edit:

Randaconda posted:

Really tiny kids playing organized sports is always adorable, especially since they don't keep score half the time :3: I had a great time going to my nephew's t-ball games back in the day

I went to my nephew's soccer game when he was much younger and watched him score an own goal, which was hilarious and I will definitely bring up at his future wedding 10-20 years from now

Mauser fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 10, 2020

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

"Top of the head! Hardest part of the body!"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who took that lesson away from that movie.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Randaconda posted:

It tends to be a pack of kids chasing the ball back and forth while one little kid is off on his own picking dandelions or whatever because they don't give a gently caress.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Panfilo posted:

It tends to be a pack of kids chasing the ball back and forth while one little kid is off on his own picking dandelions or whatever because they don't give a gently caress.

I got AMAZING at blowing a bubble the size of my head out in deep right field, my traditional "stick him somewhere" position.

I got SO good at this that all I could see was bubble one day when a pop fly hit me in the loving face.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012

Nailed the execution, didn't account for the consequences of his success.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Zernach posted:

Nailed the execution, didn't account for the consequences of his success.

Like the French Revolution.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mauser posted:

Is that motorcycle that got clipped in the dashcam vid at fault? I don't live anywhere where lanesplitting is legal, so I'm curious how it works in places where it is, or if it is there.

Lane splitting is legal in Australia as long as the traffic is stationary or moving at a crawl, so I think the rider was at fault. They won't be charged with anything; in my experience the police here generally go "well I hope you've learned your lesson" while the paramedics scrape you off the road.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Rascar Capac posted:

Like the French Revolution.

:perfect:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Memento posted:

Lane splitting is legal in Australia as long as the traffic is stationary or moving at a crawl, so I think the rider was at fault. They won't be charged with anything; in my experience the police here generally go "well I hope you've learned your lesson" while the paramedics scrape you off the road.

I need to watch it again but I think the driver switched lanes and hit the bike which would put the car at fault since the car is obligated to make sure it’s clear before lane changing.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MarcusSA posted:

I need to watch it again but I think the driver switched lanes and hit the bike which would put the car at fault since the car is obligated to make sure it’s clear before lane changing.

That's definitely what happened. I don't know how it works if you were breaking the law at the time of an accident, I assumed that makes it at least partially your fault? Victorian law at least states that if you hit someone from behind, it's your fault.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Memento posted:

That's definitely what happened. I don't know how it works if you were breaking the law at the time of an accident, I assumed that makes it at least partially your fault? Victorian law at least states that if you hit someone from behind, it's your fault.

I just watched it again and the driver is mostly at fault but the biker does get some blame too. The biker was going pretty fast and didn’t pay attention that the driver had his signal on.

Depending on how fast the bike was going when he was lane splitting it was probably pretty drat hard for the truck driver to see him in the first place.

It’s at time stamp 4:54 if anyone wants to go back and see it.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

MarcusSA posted:

The truck driver (presumably) checked his blind spot, and it was clear. It's not reasonable to accommodate for vehicles moving much faster than the flow of traffic during peak hours. The biker was not moving at a speed where he was able to emergency stop before a collision, which is also kinda a stickler (if you feel he was 'merged upon', remember that he's not moving with the flow of traffic, and was effectively overtaking). Lane threading/splitting is dodgey as heck and while legal in NZ, it's done at your own drat fool risk.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Some pirates get a little salty in Sea of Thieves. Goons being how they are fair warning not everyone will enjoy the freude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtl0AuODlSk

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/AAAAAAGGHHHH/status/1247299020965511168

https://twitter.com/AAAAAAGGHHHH/status/1244249299887808512

https://twitter.com/AAAAAAGGHHHH/status/1242615170846859265

https://twitter.com/AAAAAAGGHHHH/status/1240107295482302466

https://twitter.com/AAAAAAGGHHHH/status/1238302913749037056

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

https://twitter.com/AAAAAAGGHHHH/status/1246870912126853121

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I legit laughed out loud at that av, cheers. Sorry I upset you enough you had to resort to using oval office in it though, how gauche.

Hopefully your hot salty tears are all dried up by now sweetheart, but next time try not to be so misogynistic, mmk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I legit laughed out loud at that av, cheers. Sorry I upset you enough you had to resort to using oval office in it though, how gauche.

Hopefully your hot salty tears are all dried up by now sweetheart, but next time try not to be so misogynistic, mmk?

which x-man is this