Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fosborb posted:

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1248681877159936003

lmao if i had to deal with a bunch of peoples selfies taped to their PPE id sign the DNR right then and there and crimp the o2 tube

I’m the dude using his headshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Finally some good news out of the roni

https://twitter.com/jakpost/status/1248841983038283777

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

empty whippet box posted:

good luck finding one

animal crossing is awesome and it's for ALL AGES

https://twitter.com/presswer/status/1248133307285422081

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Steve Yun posted:

You’re throwing $100 to a small business that might help keep a person employed another day, not a bad way to spend money right now

Uhhhh doesn't the virus stay perfectly viable after freezing

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

yeah i want docs showing up in garbage bags, plastic bags over their heads with eye cutouts and oven mittens.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Being intubated by one of those bomb disposal robots while the doctors hesitantly peak around the door.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

cosmin posted:

where’s the happy thread? i have a very bookmark/un-bookmark relationship with this thread, could go with some feel-good takes every once in a while

Here!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3846624

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Uhhhh doesn't the virus stay perfectly viable after freezing

presumably people are buying cooked food for takeout

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Just think, opening a parody cafe was something people did before the plague depression.

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008

wow it actually exists, i thought it’s just some c-spam in-joke

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/Craig_A_Spencer/status/1248837617996763136

the whole twitter thread has good info

https://twitter.com/Craig_A_Spencer/status/1248837632760692736

poty has issued a correction as of 08:39 on Apr 11, 2020

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

fosborb posted:

presumably people are buying cooked food for takeout

Cooked food that a human packed up into a box after cooking while breathing on it...

Don't freeze that poo poo, cook it again at home

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

cosmin posted:

wow it actually exists, i thought it’s just some c-spam in-joke

Welcome! We need stories now more than ever so if you've got 'em, bring 'em!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

redlining
gentrification
death squads
lynch mobs
slavery
plague

:911: whitey never stops :heritage:

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

1. Deaths still going up and likely to rise for at least 2-3 more weeks
2. Hospitalizations are down because "lol just go home" is the norm. Hospital admin fuckery? Who knows! Oh yeah and a lot of people aren't brought to hospital and just die at home when they might have lived.
3. Cases flat but testing is still poo poo.
4. Undercounting actual deaths by 3-5x

Just to preempt the positivity that'll come tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Cooked food that a human packed up into a box after cooking while breathing on it...

If you're freezing food, you're probably going to cook it again before you eat it.

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Welcome! We need stories now more than ever so if you've got 'em, bring 'em!

32 yo, i’ve battled cancer last year, it’s my 1 year anniversary since finishing chemoradiotherapy and nearing my 1 year anniversary since surgery, all things look good and I’m happy and thankful for every day I spend with my family, coronavirus or not.

It’s somehow amazing that this is actually happening and for me, following last year, feels like i’m just daydreaming or watching a fictionalized version of my life and universe.

don’t know if it’s that much of a feelgood story (didn’t feel like it’d be a good intro for “the happy thread”), i myself see it as one and basically just take whatever comes and roll with it, most of it is out of our control anyways

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Haven't seen a single real source say anything other than food is not considered a vector at this time, you can transfer your poo poo into a new container if you're worried about the container

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

KaptainKrunk posted:

1. Deaths still going up and likely to rise for at least 2-3 more weeks
2. Hospitalizations are down because "lol just go home" is the norm. Hospital admin fuckery? Who knows! Oh yeah and a lot of people aren't brought to hospital and just die at home when they might have lived.
3. Cases flat but testing is still poo poo.
4. Undercounting actual deaths by 3-5x

Just to preempt the positivity that'll come tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday

the only thing positive around is roni infections

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1248763530960162816

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
lol, brace's fiance is the top aide for dsa member and sf mayor's london breed's most hated member of the city council, dean preston.
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1246650078728577026

if he was tweeting about this a week ago, guaranteed that it was that his fiance was frustrated as gently caress about the city setting things up so that people would die.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/benitakolovos/status/1248841027344973825

https://twitter.com/benitakolovos/status/1248841774086250496

https://twitter.com/benitakolovos/status/1248855197746466819

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

cosmin posted:

32 yo, i’ve battled cancer last year, it’s my 1 year anniversary since finishing chemoradiotherapy and nearing my 1 year anniversary since surgery, all things look good and I’m happy and thankful for every day I spend with my family, coronavirus or not.

It’s somehow amazing that this is actually happening and for me, following last year, feels like i’m just daydreaming or watching a fictionalized version of my life and universe.

don’t know if it’s that much of a feelgood story (didn’t feel like it’d be a good intro for “the happy thread”), i myself see it as one and basically just take whatever comes and roll with it, most of it is out of our control anyways

Yeah that's pretty much perfectly in theme if you want! That's wonderful!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Stefan Prodan posted:

Haven't seen a single real source say anything other than food is not considered a vector at this time, you can transfer your poo poo into a new container if you're worried about the container

Food obviously can be a vector. But wings you're re-heating again aren't going to be problematic.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Lambert posted:

Food obviously can be a vector, do you really need a source for that?

Ok can you find me anyone reliable source that says it is because I have seen a number of doctors and epidemiologists say it is not

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Stefan Prodan posted:

Ok can you find me anyone reliable source that says it is because I have seen a number of doctors and epidemiologists say it is not

I coughed on ur big mac as I was making it and now u have the roni sorry about the vector :(

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
That's true about re-heating frozen food will surely make it safe. Be careful with it when it's on the way into and out of the freezer. Don't touch all over the freezer bag and then touch your mouth and nose.

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 09:14 on Apr 11, 2020

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

it's not like actual food that's infected with some poo poo like salmonella and it's growing inside and on your food. Food is just a vector in that it's another thing that covid can persist on the surface of for 24h+

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean I also thought recent evidence in general is that surface spread is much less common than we thought and the airborne droplet spread is a lot more common/easy

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Surface spreading is a real thing; there was that case of transmission that got tracked in China, where someone simply sat in the same train seat that someone else had vacated an hour prior, and got COVID from contact with it. Food is just another surface someone could have breathed on; treat it and all packaging accordingly.

When you order delivery, assume that sandwich or whatever got breathed on by multiple people during assembly and touched with a whole lot of hands (gloved or not) before making its way to you.

Stefan Prodan posted:

I mean I also thought recent evidence in general is that surface spread is much less common than we thought and the airborne droplet spread is a lot more common/easy

Who knows, the WHO even contradicted itself about aerosol spread being real, even as tons of seemingly proven cases exist (the cruise ships that all do so badly with their shared ventilation; the whole choir in LA who caught it by singing in the same room even while social distancing). Be safer than any stupid "official" guidance says to be

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

u gonna get roni'd

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Remember, sandwiches don't assemble themselves!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Marzzle posted:

u gonna get roni'd

Sounds like a hit new show, tonight on MTV!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

build your own gamma irradiation chamber and cart in your burgs and use the invisible fire of the atom to have a sterilized big mac

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

as every last RNA molecule is ionized into oblivion: I'm lovin' it

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I've only ordered pizza once and Chinese once so far, and both are pretty easily further warmed

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

just lol if you don't already chase every takeout meal with a heaping spoonful of yoghurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i knew there was a reason i saved that chunk of cobalt-60