Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

AlbieQuirky posted:

Excessive benzos make your daughter have to take over your social media presence. The man is not well. She posted an Instagram story of him standing on the patio aimlessly turning over a toy truck in his hands, and he is not a bit healthy.

I have always disliked him and his work, but this is really sad.

Lol no what the gently caress. He deserves it all and more. gently caress that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Biplane posted:

Lol no what the gently caress. He deserves it all and more. gently caress that guy.

Dude sucks and deserves it but it's still hard to watch if you have any empathy at all.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I reserve my empathy and sympathy for people who aren't right wing bigots and loving nazis, who have inspired loving incel school shootings, propagated transphobia, the list goes on. I hope his brain dribbles out of his ears and nose in front of his chud daughter. They deserve nothing but contempt and scorn for actively working to make the world a worse place.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Dude sucks and deserves it but it's still hard to watch if you have any empathy at all.

He and his buddies inspired synagogue shootings, rampant transphobia, bigotry of all kinds. He also did all of that poo poo to himself -- the drugs, the diet, the brain damage from trying to sleep his way through withdrawal.

I'm glad Peterson isn't dead, so he can suffer some more. I feel that way because I do have empathy -- for the people his bullshit philosophy harmed.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

With the Amazon packages and cameras I figured some kind of cam show stuff but... a smell?

If any of this is then true cam shows would be the least of his worries. If she's doing something illegal no court would ever believe he wasn't at least an accessory.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Screaming Idiot posted:

He and his buddies inspired synagogue shootings, rampant transphobia, bigotry of all kinds. He also did all of that poo poo to himself -- the drugs, the diet, the brain damage from trying to sleep his way through withdrawal.

I'm glad Peterson isn't dead, so he can suffer some more. I feel that way because I do have empathy -- for the people his bullshit philosophy harmed.

Harsh but fair

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

I got into a HUGE debate the other day on Facebook with a proper bridezilla but can't be bothered to go back and edit it all yet so until then, have a bit of average crazy from my feed...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

AlbieQuirky posted:

I have always disliked him and his work, but this is really sad.

And funny!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Brawnfire posted:

With the Amazon packages and cameras I figured some kind of cam show stuff but... a smell?

Now what's that sound from underneath the door?
She's pounding nails into a hardwood floor
And I swear to God I heard someone moaning low
And I keep seeing the blue light of a TV show

What's she building in there?

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 09:49 on Apr 11, 2020

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo

he has not made a single positive contribution to the world. he is a toxic dipshit and i reserve my empathy for people who do not dedicate their lives to being pieces of breathing garbage

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica
I reserve my empathy for people who agree with me politically.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

sugar mouse posted:

I got into a HUGE debate the other day on Facebook with a proper bridezilla but can't be bothered to go back and edit it all yet so until then, have a bit of average crazy from my feed...

Everyone knows the skull doesn't start getting it's lead coating until at least the early teens.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Piss Meridian posted:

Are you serious right now or what are you doing here.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Biplane posted:

Are you serious right now or what are you doing here.

I think being happy about drug addition and brain damage makes you an rear end in a top hat.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I think it's grotesque to parade around a brain damaged man for a self-help grift even if said brain damaged man is as horrible a person as Jordan Peterson. That said, this is an entirely logical outcome of everything Jordan Peterson has ever done, so I have no sympathy for him.

Sympathy and empathy are not the same things.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

I think it's grotesque to parade around a brain damaged man for a self-help grift even if said brain damaged man is as horrible a person as Jordan Peterson. That said, this is an entirely logical outcome of everything Jordan Peterson has ever done, so I have no sympathy for him.

Sympathy and empathy are not the same things.

gross.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I;m hiding thos beans.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo

tell us more about how sad you feel about the lobster man

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Fatal Error posted:

tell us more about how sad you feel about the lobster man

you understand that salivating over other peoples suffering degrades you

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Piss Meridian posted:

Don't kinkshame.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Piss Meridian posted:

That's not what he's doing and you know it.

I am, but he's not.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Having had a decent (and normally sensible) IRL friend of mine fall down the Peterson rabbit hole, I'm not going to spare him the slightest bit of sympathy. The guy used his platform to embolden Nazis, gently caress him.

And that meat only diet? Lol.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I heard Rogan talking about that carnivore diet like "oh yeah did you like not poo poo for a while and then get diarrhea on the fifth day? Yeah that's normal"

no it's not you loving caveman

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Memento posted:

I heard Rogan talking about that carnivore diet like "oh yeah did you like not poo poo for a while and then get diarrhea on the fifth day? Yeah that's normal"

no it's not you loving caveman

Don't degrade cavemen by comparing them to stupid poo poo like this :colbert:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Piss Meridian posted:

i reserve mine for people who don't inspire synagogue shootings and "race realism"

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Piss Meridian posted:

Paying 10 bux to troll these dead gay forums is a novel approach to passing time while quarantined, I'll give you that.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
THE DRAGON OF CHAOS IS CLEARLY FEMININE IN NATURE AND LURES YOU AWAY FROM THE HIDDEN GARDEN OF SPLENDORS JUST AS WOMEN WILL IF YOU DO NOT EXERT YOUR NATURAL MASCULINE AFFINITY FOR ORDER
-someone we should feel sorry for

Also, the dude literally earned his doctor-chops by being an expert on addiction. Like, he knew what he was doing was wrong and stupid and he did it anyway. He wrote a book about how hot stoves can be and then put his hand on it long enough to set off the smoke alarm. gently caress Jorp.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Calling people like Jordan Peterson "someone who disagrees with my politics" frames it like you're just having a polite disagreement in some nice lounge somewhere, musing over tax brackets or some bullshit. This is not that. People loving died.

grittyreboot posted:

If any of this is then true cam shows would be the least of his worries. If she's doing something illegal no court would ever believe he wasn't at least an accessory.
Maybe he's setting up a public alibi then.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Can’t say I enjoy it when anyone gets brain damage, but this was also an outcome entirely of his own making. I hope he recovers function and comes out of this with a greater sense of empathy for the people around him. Otherwise I hope he finds contentment with his lot, and does not suffer greatly.

Above all, I would like him to stop doing harm, leading others to ruin, and making the world that much worse.

And that’s about all I have to say on that.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Is there anywhere that summarises quite what's going on with him? I'm wary of sticking his name in Google or whatever since you get poo poo loads of nazi adjacent suggestions from then on.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Piss Meridian posted:

He's a loving fascist and it's good when fascists die, so I hope he dies.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jordan Peterson Sowing: "Haha gently caress yes!! Yes!"
Jordan Peterson Reaping: *slowly considering toy truck with glazed expression"

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Some people's hearts bleed more than others and they're going to feel sad seeing a person, any person, suffer/fail/get hurt. That doesn't make them apologists anymore than feeling content that a lovely guy has been stopped by his own dumb actions makes you some kind of unfeeling sociopath delighting in another's pain.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

christmas boots posted:

Can’t say I enjoy it when anyone gets brain damage, but this was also an outcome entirely of his own making. I hope he recovers function and comes out of this with a greater sense of empathy for the people around him. Otherwise I hope he finds contentment with his lot, and does not suffer greatly.

Above all, I would like him to stop doing harm, leading others to ruin, and making the world that much worse.

And that’s about all I have to say on that.

If he comes out of this a changed man, I would be amazed, pleasantly surprised and welcoming.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

there wolf posted:

Some people's hearts bleed more than others and they're going to feel sad seeing a person, any person, suffer/fail/get hurt. That doesn't make them apologists anymore than feeling content that a lovely guy has been stopped by his own dumb actions makes you some kind of unfeeling sociopath delighting in another's pain.

I don't mind the people who feel bad for him, I mind the people who call others out for not feeling bad for him.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo

Necrothatcher posted:

Jordan Peterson Sowing: "Haha gently caress yes!! Yes!"
Jordan Peterson Reaping: *slowly considering toy truck with glazed expression"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
We must shed tears when nazis give themselves brain damage because :decorum:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I will agree that it is sad that the bad man did bad things to himself and is suffering for it. (Seriously, brain damage, and addiction aren't things to laugh at.)

But the question I will ask is what has happened to his followers? Did they look at Dr. Peterson and what he has become to see where following his advice leads you? Do they still defend his "women are whores, and you should tidy your room whilst eating meat." philosophy?

Or more likely, were they all just internet man babies, and such gotten bored and moved on to the next thing?

edit: does anyone have a link to the video of him staring at the toy truck? I know it's bad, but I want to get a chuckle from the schadenfaude

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
so much for the tolerant left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Roblo posted:

Is there anywhere that summarises quite what's going on with him? I'm wary of sticking his name in Google or whatever since you get poo poo loads of nazi adjacent suggestions from then on.

he got addicted to benzodiazepan and instead of coming off it in a controlled environment, he went to a private hospital in Russia where they put him in a coma for 6 days, making him go cold turkey and giving him irreparable brain damage

BrigadierSensible posted:

I will agree that it is sad that the bad man did bad things to himself and is suffering for it. (Seriously, brain damage, and addiction aren't things to laugh at.)

But the question I will ask is what has happened to his followers? Did they look at Dr. Peterson and what he has become to see where following his advice leads you? Do they still defend his "women are whores, and you should tidy your room whilst eating meat." philosophy?

Or more likely, were they all just internet man babies, and such gotten bored and moved on to the next thing?

edit: does anyone have a link to the video of him staring at the toy truck? I know it's bad, but I want to get a chuckle from the schadenfaude

https://i.imgur.com/dB3Pd8u.mp4

Folks, your pre-eminent thinker of the Intellectual Dark Web.