Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##vote Infinitum

something very off how the ‘doctor’ folded so easily, considering doctor is probably one of the worst roles to be open about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Infinitum does your role interact with marks in any way like Kash is saying

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Town don’t know who town are hope this helps

Which is why I have a hard time believing that marking a person blocks a pro-town ability. If marking a person blocks pro-town roles against that person, how is marking suspicious people helpful to town? Even if the marks were only ever placed on scum, it would protect scum from being targeted by pro-town roles. It also seems to flatly contradict the flavor about people listening to marker roles. "Hey everyone, this person is suspicious! Now leave this person alone!"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Yes that was my original point d1

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

dmboogie posted:

##vote Infinitum

something very off how the ‘doctor’ folded so easily, considering doctor is probably one of the worst roles to be open about

Where did inf claim doctor? I'm not seeing it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

I am literally the doctor you dumb loving idiot.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Where did inf claim doctor? I'm not seeing it

ahahahah

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ah well, there it is.
Yeah I don't buy a bodyguard and doctor

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote inf yeah he's got to be grandis partner, I don't buy those two roles next to each other

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Since people seriously can’t put basics together.

Reasons marking can be bad: you mark people you think are suspicious. As a result of this marking of suspicious people, there are abilities that are pro town that can no longer target them because they are now marked as suspicious

What if there are pro town abilities that only work on people who are marked though?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

even if inf is telling the truth he is a claimed doctor who will from now on be roleblocked or night killed into oblivion, and i don't think he's telling the truth

though if he does flip doctor we should circle back to sandwolf

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

What if there are pro town abilities that only work on people who are marked though?

Right that’s why I didn’t vote circl yesterday, I had mechanic reasons to want to vote them but not strong enough because of stuff like that

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote RF I don’t buy someone who believes there are two scum teams not believing there could be multiple town protective roles

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

##vote RF I don’t buy someone who believes there are two scum teams not believing there could be multiple town protective roles

Yeah I feel like I have seen plenty of doctors+bodyguards in games this size too

##vote RF

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm down for infi and RF just to see how this shakes out. For what it's worth I think marking the same people over and over is dumb.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dmboogie posted:

even if inf is telling the truth he is a claimed doctor who will from now on be roleblocked or night killed into oblivion, and i don't think he's telling the truth

Not loving this right here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

Unless there's some aspect to inf's role that he hasn't mentioned no I don't see it, unless he's a scum doc which we know he's not or he would have saved his pal. I tend to think more like a mod than a player but theme's what's whats

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
For the record I don't think it's unreasonable to have a doc and bodyguard in a game with the possibility of multiple nks

It's inf play surrounding his claim that make me vote him not his claim itself

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Sandwolf claimed 1 use BP/bodyguard, of course there's a loving doctor in the game with 2 killing roles come the gently caress on guys, no one even counterclaimed Inf

Claiming like he did was weird but otherwise please let's use common sense

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Sandwolf claimed 1 use BP/bodyguard, of course there's a loving doctor in the game with 2 killing roles come the gently caress on guys, no one even counterclaimed Inf

Claiming like he did was weird but otherwise please let's use common sense

To be clear no body should counter claim him

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Moatillata posted:

I would be okay with another doctor counterclaiming him with 2 flipped scum and no flipped town.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Toalpaz posted:

I would be okay with another doctor counterclaiming him with 2 flipped scum and no flipped town.

There's no point you can remain anonymous and still vote inf

Like a cop, you find a reason to case the scum you cop don't just claim it

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

yeah you're right i wasn't thinking ##unvote

still completely baffled as to why inf claimed tho

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Moatillata posted:

If Inf is fake claiming and we have a shot BP/bodyguard uhhh I absolutely would not mind someone claiming to get rid of 3 scum by D2

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dmboogie posted:

this is extremely suss, if we flip one protective role you want to flip the other? Baaad look

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think by function of the fact that no one has counterclaimed, I wouldn’t expect one. Inf is prolly just an eager beaver doc

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

yeah if doctor exists they should CC inf, and if no one CCs, RF's vote on inf was the worst of the three

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##unvote ugh yeah I guess it kind if works if Sandwolf is technically one shot. I guess I was thinking about the BP differently

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

this is extremely suss, if we flip one protective role you want to flip the other? Baaad look

yeah i should have thought for like literally a minute before posting lmao

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

##unvote ugh yeah I guess it kind if works if Sandwolf is technically one shot. I guess I was thinking about the BP differently

and this feels super self conscious

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

lmao moat what are you even doing

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i personally am very glad that moat claimed and also outed inf for what seems to be literally no reason

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
This is me just questioning moat's logic. Somb may not have made it that easy because it does say in the OP the focus isn't on night-action mafia, but town having just one bodyguard that's a 1 shot BP with 2 scum teams does sound light on protection roles. Wouldn't be shocked if the game had a doctor.

Inf was either frustrated town or he's trying some crazy gambit with their being a potential counter claim or being a scum doctor that is like "okay, gently caress it let's try it"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah I feel like I have seen plenty of doctors+bodyguards in games this size too

##vote RF

I have too, but not with a bodyguard who's also BP... It's not totally impossible, but especially before the Grandi flip, it should've given Inf way more pause back when he said that on D1 instead of wholehearted blind acceptance. That still seems weird as hell to me, and I still want to hear Inf try and explain what he was thinking in his own words.

Retro Futurist posted:

Unless there's some aspect to inf's role that he hasn't mentioned no I don't see it, unless he's a scum doc which we know he's not or he would have saved his pal.

This is a good point, but of course, he could just be lying about being a doctor in the first place, and sticking to the established fakeclaim breadcrumb he'd worked out so he could be all "choc doc".

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
one shot bp on a bodyguard happens so often I almost assumed it was the default so getting up in arms about the BP is weird

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

one shot bp on a bodyguard happens so often I almost assumed it was the default so getting up in arms about the BP is weird

Maybe it's an Auspol difference then

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

and this feels super self conscious

Yeah that's me, Mr. Self conscious.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I would like to know their thoughts on the too. I asked ulthread but I think ut got overlooked

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

one thing im confused about, maybe i just missed it but a lot has happened - does kash know that certain abilities can't target marked people, or is he just guessing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Kashuno posted:

Since people seriously can’t put basics together.

Reasons marking can be bad: you mark people you think are suspicious. As a result of this marking of suspicious people, there are abilities that are pro town that can no longer target them because they are now marked as suspicious

They say can be bad so it sounds like they're not sure, or trying to avoid having people get marked. I'd assume that there are pros/cons for both sides rather than it being solely a town or scum mechanic