Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Talk about unlikable force vs insufferable object.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Why do people follow wrestlers on twitter? Every single post is cringe worthy

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jesus christ have another boneyard match and throw them both in the hole

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ronda destroying Nia's nosejob would be interesting to watch

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

JUNGLE BOY posted:

What’s Ronda rousey’s cinematic match going to be called?

The Spousal Abusin'

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ronda would hire a bunch of Sandy Hook kid lookalikes and have them as the audience

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Astro7x posted:

Only if you follow lame (WWE) wrestlers.

Stokely Hathaway had a great twitter before he died, for example.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nyla Rose and Hangman Adam Page are great twitter follows

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Chuck Taylor as well, if you can catch them before he deletes.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
sigh......................... someone just get it over with and post the hogan work into shoot tweet.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

terf war

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The only time I'd ever root for Nia.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Xerzes posted:

terf war

holy poo poo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Don't forget Hikaru Shida and Jamie Hayter

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Xerzes posted:

terf war

:emptyquote:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Still waiting on the news that Vince is gonna start charging the wrestlers for using the Performance Center to help him recoup costs in "the current circumstances".

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
You know I never got a mad as some wrestling nerds about a title being called a belt or a hospital being called a medical facility, it's like whatever. Calling covid "circumstances" tho.... wtf, REAL PEOPLE HAVE DIED.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MJeff posted:

Talk about unlikable force vs insufferable object.

Xerzes posted:

terf war

drat good posts on this here page

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Nia vs Ronda is harder to find someone to cheer for than Elias vs Corbin. At least since they're both so bad at working without injuring the other woman that they should take each other out even if they don't shoot fight.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

She deserves WWE and vice versa.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Blaise330 posted:

You know I never got a mad as some wrestling nerds about a title being called a belt or a hospital being called a medical facility, it's like whatever. Calling covid "circumstances" tho.... wtf, REAL PEOPLE HAVE DIED.

Did you know that 9/11 was just as bad as when the Feds investigated Vince McMahon :stephcrying:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I think I sprained my eyes rolling them at this tweet

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

nia jax retire bitch

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Blaise330 posted:

It's not that people are mad about the specific words it's that people are baffled and frustrated by Vince's bizarre, completely arbitrary decisions that make it impossible to believe anything anybody in WWE says as genuine because it has to have all the Vince-approved terminology and nobody talks like he writes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Xerzes posted:

terf war

:sbahj:

I was legit excited for Ronda in WWE but after that Wrestlemania main event I have no desire to see her back.

She did have good matches with Sasha and Charlotte at least.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

TriffTshngo posted:

It's not that people are mad about the specific words it's that people are baffled and frustrated by Vince's bizarre, completely arbitrary decisions that make it impossible to believe anything anybody in WWE says as genuine because it has to have all the Vince-approved terminology and nobody talks like he writes.

*movie bully pushes kid* OH YOU WANNA BE A WWE SUPERSTAR? *bully's friends laugh*

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Aw, Nia jax thinks she can make someone look good.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
F**k

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Thats what they tell her to do in guerrilla. What they actually mean is for her to not injure someone so bad that it's harder to watch than Sid breaking his leg. Joking aside, "make her look good" is 100% the instruction every opponent she ever had in her life has gotten. The irony is that Nia vs Ronda might be her best match.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Blaise330 posted:

*movie bully pushes kid* OH YOU WANNA BE A WWE SUPERSTAR? *bully's friends laugh*

hey check it out! this kid likes SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT!!!

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Jerusalem posted:

:sbahj:

I was legit excited for Ronda in WWE but after that Wrestlemania main event I have no desire to see her back.

She did have good matches with Sasha and Charlotte at least.

Agreed. When she was debuted I was at least interested in a "she's a horrible terf truther, but she seems like a natural so at least we'll get some good matches out of it" way. Then she deflated into a horrible "YOU MARKS THINK THAT-" parody as soon as the audience showed the smallest sign of disliking her, and now she's run off into the woods to play Pokemon and start poo poo on Twitter and it all feels like a complete waste of time.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
An actual wrestler would be happy to be booed as long as the crowd isn't silent if they aren't getting a 'The Guy - Can Never Turn Heel' push. A wrestler who retired as a heel would be super happy about that. Baron Corbin WISHES he had Rousey heat.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It was a forgone conclusion that the second the crowd started to turn on Ronda or she was asked to lose she was gonna pack up and leave.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Shoulda appreciated her MONTHS of hard work. It doesn't take years to get good at fake fighting like it does for real fighting. Anytime she wasn't on screen a character shoulda been asking "Where's Ronda?"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

MorrisBae posted:

To the ICU doc

"Am I loving going over?"

"Yes, over 102.2 degrees..."

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Good thing there's nobody coming in who's a major risk to get and/or to spread it-

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/jerry-lawler-returning-raw-coronavirus-hiatus/

On tonight's episode of Dark Side of the Ring: Jerry Lawler and Covid-19

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Astro7x posted:

chuck trent and hangman understand twitter and are good

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Astro7x posted:

Since I am sure nobody will actually read the story

So a non-roster person, but being treated for an injury or illness by acute health care worker? And they're on screen, but not a wrestlers?

Edit: Also, how does someone make a complete recovery from an exposure 16 days ago?

them having a roommate eliminates quite a lot of possibilities since it means they're probably young and single

could be one of the various interchangeable backstage interviewers

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The Sandy Hook Slobberknocker

Ronda is a Sandy Hook Truther for those unaware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Everyone looks good in comparison to her.

Edit: I mean in the ring as a wrestler, not in terms of looks. It came out all wrong!