Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

ulvir posted:

why can I not move bridges? this annoys me

I was finally building up patience to do some serious landscaping too

Bridge building is regulated by the union, and therefore needs to be done via official channels. You want to move that bridge all on your own, and cost some poor raccoon their job? :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Is there a goon Discord for AC?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Duckula posted:

Is there a goon Discord for AC?

Bottom of the OP.

Tauschemo
Jul 11, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

What's the best way for me to get my hands on a couple of apples and peaches?
If someone has a tree of each they could let me in and shake, I'll give you like 10000 bells for it.

You're welcome to any in my orchard on the right side of my island.

Turnips are at 91.

Dodo Code: G38CF

I'll be open and afk for a few hours.

Tauschemo fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Apr 13, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Well it will be a long time before I want for bells again.

A friend who time traveled was a few days ahead had a price of 150 and offered to open their town for friends on sunday to make a small profit while Mae was around. While making my trips I noticed it was about to tick over to noon. Price jumped to 500+ Managed to make a good few trips before it got busy. Hit the 10m from turnips milestone so I'll probably not worry about turnips again, short of them adding new bell sinks?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
Does anyone have a spare bunny day fence recipe? It's the last one I don't have.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

glassyalabolas posted:

Wobbly Toy is 9600 bells and takes 24 eggs.
Bunny day basket is 1200 bells and takes 6 eggs.
Dress is 7200 bells and takes 18 eggs.

Wobbly toys it is to purge myself from these horrid eggs.

I didn't check the price on the Wobbly toy. I just sold them all immediately. RIP.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

And More posted:

Bridge building is regulated by the union, and therefore needs to be done via official channels. You want to move that bridge all on your own, and cost some poor raccoon their job? :mad:

so what you’re telling me is that it’s a bridge too far?

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

glassyalabolas posted:

Turnips are 90. Feel free to run a train on me. Don't gently caress with my flowers though.

will repost dodo when the queue dies down.

e: a full bag of turnips is 360k

Thanks a ton, left some nook miles tickets behind the museum for ya!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

Does anyone have a spare bunny day fence recipe? It's the last one I don't have.

I have a recipe or two lying in front of my airport, you're welcome to it.

Dodo Code: FRJGC

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I want to move my animals into a new swanky residential area. The problem is, I can only do one house a day, so it'll take ten days to move all of them. And more for the shops/museum. There's enough stuff to do every day, but dang.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

glassyalabolas posted:

Turnips are 90. Feel free to run a train on me. Don't gently caress with my flowers though.

will repost dodo when the queue dies down.

e: a full bag of turnips is 360k

Thank you friend, I left you some bells behind the Cranny!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

There's also the Bunny Day Basket furniture from Zipper if you give them one of each egg.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I was going to make the bunny day recipes but then zipper was a mouthy jerk so now I’m going sell all of them.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Turnips going for 90 bells on island.

Finally got turnip exchange working.

closing up. thanks for all the gifts everyone.

Will be on the beach under my hammock.

e: if you want a full bag of turnips, you'll need 360k

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 12, 2020

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

And More posted:

What is the limit? Nook hasn't stopped me, yet. (9 things, so far.)

8 of each.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Tauschemo posted:

You're welcome to any in my orchard on the right side of my island.

Turnips are at 91.

Dodo Code: G38CF

I'll be open and afk for a few hours.

My turnip prices are 109, so thanks for this!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Can we not buy turnips today? Mine is nowhere to be found

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Missed the discussion, but just want to say that Drivin' is the new hotness now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVNUReLd51c

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Tim Whatley posted:

Can we not buy turnips today? Mine is nowhere to be found

Ends at noon. Run around your whole island, and check some hidden ledges on the backside of cliffs.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Argue posted:

8 of each.

That's more bridges than I need, and exactly the amount of ramps I want. :monocle: Still, it's not that many considering you might want to build double ramps to get up a tall mountain. I really wish you could place stationary ladders in key locations.

And More fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 12, 2020

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I basically stopped playing this game when bunny day stuff started showing up so I can't wait until tomorrow when I can play again.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

There's also the Bunny Day Basket furniture from Zipper if you give them one of each egg.

Bunny Day basket sells for the exact same amount as the eggs individually. Each egg is 200bells iirc

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
Turnips are being sold for 92. She's mostly been hang out near the cliffs where my shops are.

L2LGS

Going to be open for ~2 hours, it's 10:08 am as of writing this. I'll mostly be AFK.

Nothing special at the shops, but help yourself if you want it. Also have a few recipes right near the docks, help yourself if you need any of them, though its mostly bunny day stuff.

Circle Nine fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 12, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Circle Nine posted:

Turnips are being sold for 92. She's mostly been hang out near the cliffs where my shops are.

L2LGS

Going to be open for ~2 hours, it's 10:08 am as of writing this. I'll mostly be AFK.

Nothing special at the shops, but help yourself if you want it. Also have a few recipes right near the docks, help yourself if you need any of them, though its mostly bunny day stuff.

Gonna sell a few fossils and be right over!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

LifeLynx posted:

I want to move my animals into a new swanky residential area. The problem is, I can only do one house a day, so it'll take ten days to move all of them. And more for the shops/museum. There's enough stuff to do every day, but dang.

I’m in the same boat. Can you get around this by time traveling? I’m usually against that but in this case I would be willing to do it just to save myself 2 weeks of pointless waiting.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Bunny Day basket sells for the exact same amount as the eggs individually. Each egg is 200bells iirc

Sorry, wasn't suggesting it as a money maker, just a unique item. Hadn't really seen it mentioned yet.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

RCarr posted:

I’m in the same boat. Can you get around this by time traveling? I’m usually against that but in this case I would be willing to do it just to save myself 2 weeks of pointless waiting.

Yep, you can time travel to any day in the future to complete construction of anything, or to get animals to move out right after they say they will.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Does Zipper just keep giving you infinite baskets if you trade your eggs in to him?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

Yep, you can time travel to any day in the future to complete construction of anything, or to get animals to move out right after they say they will.

So you’d start construction, move ahead a day, start another, move ahead another day, etc. Then reset to the correct date once it’s all done?

(I’ve never time travelled before)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
note that time travelling will gently caress up your turnips

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Circle Nine posted:

L2LGS

Thank you, left a bag of bells behind the store for you.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

RCarr posted:

So you’d start construction, move ahead a day, start another, move ahead another day, etc. Then reset to the correct date once it’s all done?

(I’ve never time travelled before)

Yep. Start construction, save the game, close the game from the Switch home screen, change times, start the game again, load in, then start the next construction.

flatluigi posted:

note that time travelling will gently caress up your turnips

Only if you travel forward past Sunday, or backward at all. If you want to reset to the current time when you're done it's best to not have turnips, or keep checking the shop every day and sell them when you can :shrug: They're safe if you go ahead a few days as long as you stay within the current week.

I've been time traveling a lot in this one because I only get time to play at night and it's real hard to progress if I don't. There are almost no downsides to it in New Horizons other than aforementioned turnip problems; abandoning your town for years at a time doesn't make all your villagers move out. If you travel 10 years ahead in a single go it only counts as one extra day of weed growth. Your villagers always check with you before moving out so you can always tell them to stay. The worst that happens is that your mailbox gets spammed.

These are just speculation on my part and entirely unconfirmed but:
I think you'll never get a good turnip price if you jump ahead more than half a day at a time (It always hovers around 50-70 when I time travel multiple days at a time, but I've seen 355 from jumping in 12 hour increments)
I kind of suspect that certain events like meteor showers won't appear if you time travel - I've had villagers mention it at 8am then I time travel to 10pm the same day and never see any stars.

That being said, caveat emptor about the effect that it will have on your own personal enjoyment of the game

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 12, 2020

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

I never had any bunny day anything happen. Is that because I don't have a nintendo online subscription?

Also the other day Isabella told me that I both needed more scenery and had too many items lying around. I've kind of been assuming the "more scenery" thing meant like, having more furniture outside decorating the island, is that wrong?

I had a good price on turnips and dropped drat near 500k on them. Am seriously considering buying a nintendo online account and queing up for one of those ~600 bell islands, but I have more than a full inventory's worth. There's a bridge I'm kind of desperate to move one single tile over and that's what, two hundred grand?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

The one time I time-traveled was from early April to late March to make the tarantula island trick work; I had two empty and unsold plots because I hadn't gotten all ten villagers yet. When I went back to the normal time one of the plots had a house in it and some dog named Butch was living there like he had always been part of the island. Shouldn't have stepped on that fly, I guess!

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

I have spare recipes if anyone needs em

-bunny day wardrobe
-bunny day stool
-bunny day table

-cherry blossom pile
-golden flooring

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Digital Osmosis posted:

I never had any bunny day anything happen. Is that because I don't have a nintendo online subscription?

Also the other day Isabella told me that I both needed more scenery and had too many items lying around. I've kind of been assuming the "more scenery" thing meant like, having more furniture outside decorating the island, is that wrong?

I had a good price on turnips and dropped drat near 500k on them. Am seriously considering buying a nintendo online account and queing up for one of those ~600 bell islands, but I have more than a full inventory's worth. There's a bridge I'm kind of desperate to move one single tile over and that's what, two hundred grand?

Have you ever closed out the game on your switch since you started playing it? Is your switch connected to the internet? You don't get Bunny Day if you haven't updated the game via the internet and are on the appropriate time for the events. AFAIK you don't need a Nintendo Online account to get updates.

If Isabelle is saying you have too much stuff on the ground, she is talking about things like DIY cards, shaken fruit, fallen branches, dig holes, outdoor turnips, uncrafted trash items, furniture leaves, and other dropped items (not your placed furniture pieces)! Fossils outside of the museum apparently count as clutter too. I don't think shells count so long as they're on a tile that borders the ocean.

My island rating apparently dropped to 4 Stars after I cleaned up all my Cherry Blossom decorations, so I just slapped down 6 leaf piles and that seemed to fix it.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

6J682

Turnips are 91 bells. 364,000 if you want a full bag. Last seen on the Eastern side, close to the houses. Southern Hempisphere with as much apples as you want. Open for the next 3 hours (or until my internet craps out).

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wonder if we'll get the new update this week? It's supposed to come with an Earth Day Event which is next week on the 22nd. What do you even do on Earth Day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Grow trees and smoke weed