Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Being an NXT wrestler in the Full Sail parking lot is more dangerous than being an Earthrealmer in Outworld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

RealFoxy posted:

Same, addiction. I have the Lime-Green Ice Cream shirt (Which represents only Pom), a Yellow Burger shirt (A bunch of lovable losers), Maki Itoh's Neo Itoh Respect Army, and this kickin rad Chris Brookes Kaiju shirt I got. Schedenfreud/Chris Brookes has some of the best wrestling T-Shirt designs on the planet, and it's probably because none of them look like wrestling shirts. They just released a spring line-up

I badly want a "Fly, Chicken Bastard" Yuka shirt and hope that winds up on PWT. The one of her's that's there is a Haoming though.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://twitter.com/WWEMaverick/status/1249393420738727938?s=20

Waaait... Drake lost a career match against Mike Kanellis on 205 Live? Why tf would someone have a career match on 205 Live?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Remember when he was the super serious manager of AoP, which I assume only happened because it made Vince laugh

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

is pepsi ok posted:

Remember when he was the super serious manager of AoP, which I assume only happened because it made Vince laugh

Ah yes, that time he had to pee his pants on live PPV. And I do mean pee his pants, the gimmick he had to pour water down his leg didn't work so he had to actually pee to save the spot. Thats why there was a massive delay after the camera zooming in on his dick.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Did I miss it or has WWE sending all talent and staff a letter to show cops claiming WWE is an essential media production in compliance with shelter in place ordinances not been discussed in this thread yet?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

davidbix posted:

Did I miss it or has WWE sending all talent and staff a letter to show cops claiming WWE is an essential media production in compliance with shelter in place ordinances not been discussed in this thread yet?

It’s been mentioned and nobody was surprised by it because it’s the most WWE thing imaginable

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
there's no way thats r-

https://shop.wwe.com/wrestlemania-36-wrestlemanias-biggest-fan-t-shirt/01015856EA.html

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

WWE desperately need someone to explain the concept of just letting dumb one night Twitter jokes exist and not ruining them by making them extremely uncool.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
some of the recent output seems like they're shook by the fast turnaround PWTees has on things except they're really really bad at it in comparison

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

some of the recent output seems like they're shook by the fast turnaround PWTees has on things except they're really really bad at it in comparison

We have a winner. That is (more percentage points than there are in the universe) percent exactly what caused this decision.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Fast turnaround on designing a tee, not actually shipping the goddamn thing.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm still okay with tying mitb briefcase to that fan

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I.Was Owned describes anytime Seth is on twitter, yeah.

Its taking constant reminders for me to remember WM36 was pirate themed.

Reddit seems to love the fan shirt and think its loving hilarious. Maybe we really are the miserable assholes.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 13, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Blaise330 posted:

Reddit seems to love the fan shirt and think its loving hilarious. Maybe we really are the miserable assholes.

If it was posted as a random throwaway Twitter meme it'd get a chuckle, but as a shirt it's painfully bad.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Neodoomium posted:

I badly want a "Fly, Chicken Bastard" Yuka shirt and hope that winds up on PWT. The one of her's that's there is a Haoming though.
https://twitter.com/misterhakusan aka DDT_Eng

Haku runs the PWT store for all of DDT, if you @ him he'll either try and put it on the shop or find you a way to buy it

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

The best part is that it's 1. Already heavily discounted after a week or less, meaning that effectively (and quite possibly literally) nobody bought it and 2. This happened because they didn't bother using the print on demand PWTees-style sub-site for it, instead ordering and silk-screening God knows how many shirts.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Ceiling Fan probably enjoyed wrestlemania more than most since it didn't have to see the Edge vs Orton match

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I know I'm late for shirt chat, but I wanted to share a story with you guys re:bullying.

I'm a middle school teacher, and I have a kid who is super quiet, never talks to anyone. Kids don't really "bully" him but they never include him in anything, moan if he's in a group with them. Kind of for good reason, he doesn't do anything, so he drags them down.

He always wears an Adam Cole hoody. These past few months I've been mentioning what I see on RAW and PPVs. Honestly sometimes its the only reason I watch. I'll mention it to him and he kind of gets a smile, nods, sometimes is vocal about what I say. The only words I have heard from this kid are about wrestling. Before this quarantine stuff he was actually doing work in my class, as long as I started every Tuesday, Thursday, and Monday asking about WWE stuff from the night (or Friday) prior. I'm really scared that this quarantine thing hit right as he was coming out of his shell and starting to do work. I'll make sure to tell his next year teachers "yea talk to him about professional wrestling" is a good strategy but honestly...I'm not feeling optimistic.

Kid always wore his Adam Cole hoody though. I'm glad I caught that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sounds like he's being treated the way an Adam Cole fan deserves tbh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

not now, rarity

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

davidbix posted:

I mean like 70% of people posting in this thread probably have a similar letter from their jobs if their state is even bothering with such orders

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The Cameo posted:

I mean like 70% of people posting in this thread probably have a similar letter from their jobs if their state is even bothering with such orders
I work for a tax company, I have one of these letters I have to carry around. I think the only businesses that have shut down for real are bars/clubs. Everything else is open to some degree including restaurants and fast food that are take-out only

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yep. I have that letter and even got an updated one to extend to May. It's not being enforced very heavily though but better safe than sorry.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
WWE having that letter is fine. What job is more essential than putting smiles on people's faces?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Vince should just air Suburban Commando every week on Fox.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

The Cameo posted:

Well, yeah, but the point is WWE is pretending they're...news media or something.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

davidbix posted:

Well, yeah, but the point is WWE is pretending they're...news media or something.
Other than Pro Wrestling, what other sports/entertainment are still on-going? Even Dana White has backed out, so it's got to be only Pro Wrestling that's still producing live content, right?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Grem posted:

I know I'm late for shirt chat, but I wanted to share a story with you guys re:bullying.

I'm a middle school teacher, and I have a kid who is super quiet, never talks to anyone. Kids don't really "bully" him but they never include him in anything, moan if he's in a group with them. Kind of for good reason, he doesn't do anything, so he drags them down.

He always wears an Adam Cole hoody. These past few months I've been mentioning what I see on RAW and PPVs. Honestly sometimes its the only reason I watch. I'll mention it to him and he kind of gets a smile, nods, sometimes is vocal about what I say. The only words I have heard from this kid are about wrestling. Before this quarantine stuff he was actually doing work in my class, as long as I started every Tuesday, Thursday, and Monday asking about WWE stuff from the night (or Friday) prior. I'm really scared that this quarantine thing hit right as he was coming out of his shell and starting to do work. I'll make sure to tell his next year teachers "yea talk to him about professional wrestling" is a good strategy but honestly...I'm not feeling optimistic.

Kid always wore his Adam Cole hoody though. I'm glad I caught that.

You sound like a good dude and a good teacher, saying this as a teacher myself :) I’m sure you showing an interest in him and giving him your time means even more to him than he’s letting on - you might genuinely be the first person he can talk about pro wrestling with, which is a big deal especially for a kid who might not feel especially well-liked by his peers etc. Him changing his working habits is a huge sign. I hope your work doesn’t go to waste because of this piece of poo poo situation and his teachers changing

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 13, 2020

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

RealFoxy posted:

https://twitter.com/misterhakusan aka DDT_Eng

Haku runs the PWT store for all of DDT, if you @ him he'll either try and put it on the shop or find you a way to buy it

I sent a tweet off. My guess is that if it's possible, he's figuring it out anyway since the AEW joshi are getting popular. Shoko just released a new shirt on her own that she apologized for it not being shipped internationally yet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, good for you Grem finding a way to reach out to the kid, this quarantine really is gonna gently caress with a lot of school kids pretty badly and it's just one more reason why it sucks.

Rarity posted:

Sounds like he's being treated the way an Adam Cole fan deserves tbh

Joking or not, dunking on a bullied kid because he likes a wrestler is a really lovely thing to do, Rarity.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The WWE taught me that bullying is cool when the person being bullied deserves it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, sorry Grem I'm being a dick. You're doing good work, dude.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

for the low cost of 19 dollars, you can have the convenience of paying in four installments. that way, you only have to pay slightly more than half the cost of the shirt every 2 weeks until you've paid more than twice the cost of the shirt.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't wear wrestling t-shirts because (a) in my experience they're overpriced and uncomfortable, (b) most of them are way too busy and ugly, and (c) wearing any brand or whatever invites conversations with strangers and while I don't mind talking sports with the guy responding to my cap I don't really want to interrupt my grocery shopping to have a conversation about wrestling.

But I'm not actually embarrassed that I watch wrestling. I'm embarrassed to watch embarrassing wrestling. But one of the weird things I've realized since AEW showed up is I actually have no real problem turning on Dynamite in mixed company and most people I've done it with have responded positively to some aspect of it. All my friends and family like some weird poo poo and we will joke and roll our eyes at each other about it. That's fine and no big deal. Its the bad stuff that you can't justify to yourself that you can't justify to others. And by and large I've stopped watching that stuff.

I mean I'm a little embarrassed to watch wrestling right now because I wouldn't be able to explain why they're still doing shows when every other "sport" has shut down. But then again I'm also not entertaining much these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I own and wear a lot of wrestling shirts but they’re all from independent wrestlers or promotions, and not a single one has the wrestler’s name on it other than an old El Generico one. one has a photo of Candice LeRae covered in blood and holding the PWG tag title which gets some odd looks occasionally, but otherwise aren’t conversation-starters.
Buying shirts from indies is a way to put cash in their pockets, which I’m always happy to try and do.