Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

https://twitter.com/AGramuglia/status/1249677322808176640?s=20

Yeah. VOMIT.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So that thread claims his wife left him. That would explain him drawing all this attention to himself again.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Rhyno posted:

So that thread claims his wife left him. That would explain him drawing all this attention to himself again.

His second one?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hm. Is 'simp' the new 'cuck' for CG and other alt-right types?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

Pretty much. It's like cuck and white knight mixed together, but of course they also use it interchangeably with whatever else because they have no consistency

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

It's "cuck" by way of disparaging intelligence and implying neurodivergence or disability because it's short for "simpleton" or "simple".

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Hostile V posted:

It's "cuck" by way of disparaging intelligence and implying neurodivergence or disability because it's short for "simpleton" or "simple".

I don't think they put that much thought into it; it's just a different word with the same sexual insult.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I'm not gonna put a lot of stock in Urban Dictionary myself but I could believe it. I dunno. It's yet another stupid word that sounds stupid and is being used by the worst possible people. On the plus side you can tell it's a bad idea used by bad people because it sounds so dumb.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

E the Shaggy posted:

His second one?

Yes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, that's about all I hear it from. They like to use it on any male who supports any sort of female creator or performer.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Simp as used for simpleton has been around for years, just not in wide circulation. They had to switch from cuck since it was no longer 'new', but of course, being the wasted abortions that they are, they are incapable of coming up with anything new.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

So they know most people now pick up on “cuck” as an alt-right/general shithead term* and are shifting to a newer, less-used, potentially more confusing one to fly under the radar.

*when not being used purely as fetish, and even then depending on the particulars it’s very telling of the user’s character

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
First time I saw 'simp' being used was in the Castlevania subreddit after the most recent season, of all things. I'm not sure if that was ground zero or just a weird coincidence.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
There’s just been a cascade effect where chuds are bringing their new favorite word to the groups they run with. Since most people don’t know their weird game and it’s fun to say they adopt it too. I’ve seen it being used on twitter by people who are pretty left leaning but are involved in anime communities or gaming.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hostile V posted:

I'm not gonna put a lot of stock in Urban Dictionary myself but I could believe it. I dunno. It's yet another stupid word that sounds stupid and is being used by the worst possible people. On the plus side you can tell it's a bad idea used by bad people because it sounds so dumb.

Its used a lot in Judge Dredd:

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
From what I understand Pewdie Pie started using it as a catchphrase and the usual suspects latched onto it and disseminated it from there. It is bizarre in that, like "cuck," I'm also seeing a wave of younger progressive people also using it, although I imagine that'll die down as it gets more prominence and specificity on the right.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Yeah, the only reason EVS is parroting a dead man's name is because that's the only people related to the industry who can't shut his bullshit down due to being dead. Imaginary allies and drumming up outrage because he could sure use some money right about now.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yeah, the only reason EVS is parroting a dead man's name is because that's the only people related to the industry who can't shut his bullshit down due to being dead. Imaginary allies and drumming up outrage because he could sure use some money right about now.

Man, if his wife really did leave him dividing up the assets could be a fun watch. Half of every terrible IGG from here on out!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Is that why his comic was printed at half the normal size?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Dawgstar posted:

Man, if his wife really did leave him dividing up the assets could be a fun watch. Half of every terrible IGG from here on out!

She gets half of his impressive Rose Tico collection.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Covok posted:

Which half though?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Covok posted:

Many of them still in mint condition with only slight scoring from scissors!

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Imagine having proof from beyond the grave that Darwyn Cooke thought you sucked. I could not recover from that.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Imagine thinking that you have any chance of winning an argument over a dead man's beliefs with that man's widow.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I'm friends with his brother Noah on Facebook and pretty close to just writing him and saying "Yo could you like say anything to your brother right now?"

Unless he's a piece of poo poo too.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

noah knows and acknowledges that his brother is a piece of poo poo but what exactly do you think he can do about it, especially considering that I'm pretty sure their relationship is nothing at this point

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
walk over to his room and give him a noogie

tell his mom and get him grounded for a week, no internet

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Didn't EVS default on house payments at one point?

Mumbly
Apr 12, 2007
https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/1248776933493506048
David Ayers whining about everything being political while defending his lovely movie. Maybe not Comicsgator bad, but the language is very familiar. Don't read the replies.

Mumbly fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Apr 18, 2020

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Mumbly posted:

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/1248776933493506048
David Ayers whining about everything being political while defending his lovely movie. Maybe not Comicsgator bad, but the language is very familiar. Don't read the replies.

I'm not sure what he is saying. At first it sounded like he is saying that he tried to make her a fleshed out character but the higher ups eviscerated that and sexualized her but then he talks about things being political and I kind of lost him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think he’s saying it the other way, that the higher ups politicized it and sexualized things. Like he’s just using political as a general perjorative

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

He clearly means studio politics.

Astribulus
Apr 20, 2004
That's the second largest duck I've ever had in my pants. - Guybrush Threepwood
As I understand it, Warner wanted a marketable Harley/Joker romance. The movie was originally shot with their unhealthy relationship on full display in every scene they have together. For example, the time where a Joker saves Harley by pushing her out of a helicopter about to be hit with a rocket? He just tried to kill her for laughs. The rocket attack came later when Joker tried to leave the city without her. The studio toned it way down for the Hot Topic crowd. Harley’s arc culminated with her coming to terms with that and choosing the squad over her puddin’. Obviously that didn’t happen.

Would that have made it a good movie? Hard to say. The film we got was a train wreck re-edited to the point of insanity. However, I haven’t seen any reason “politics” would be a veiled reference to identity politics in this tweet. This seems to me to be ordinary annoyance of any director whose film gets taken over by the suits.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Astribulus posted:

Would that have made it a good movie? Hard to say. The film we got was a train wreck re-edited to the point of insanity. However, I haven’t seen any reason “politics” would be a veiled reference to identity politics in this tweet. This seems to me to be ordinary annoyance of any director whose film gets taken over by the suits.

I do wonder what Ayer's actual movie would have looked like. Was the gratuitous 'Harley pulls on her clothes' shot in there? Did the original script explain Katana with all the grace and elegance of a claw hammer to the frontal lobe?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Suicide Squad has more Academy Awards than any film with the word "Avengers" in it's title.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I feel bad for Ayer because giving the company that put together the trailer the rights to do the full cut is such an absurd thing to do that years later I can still barely believe it. No director deserves that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Srice posted:

I feel bad for Ayer because giving the company that put together the trailer the rights to do the full cut is such an absurd thing to do that years later I can still barely believe it. No director deserves that.

There's a list of directors who can demand final cut and get final cut, and people with better critical respect and higher box office numbers than David Ayer are not on that list

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Skwirl posted:

There's a list of directors who can demand final cut and get final cut, and people with better critical respect and higher box office numbers than David Ayer are not on that list

Absolutely, but it's definitely a raw deal when it's the trailer company that gets to do it, y'know? It feels unprecedented but even if it's not, that's rare as hell and for good reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumbly
Apr 12, 2007
Alright, I hear you. His phrasing plus the chud replies interpreting his post that way and cheering him on raised some red flags for me is all.