Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HM: Best Friends/"Best Friends", Dynamite 4/8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Nth.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Yes.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TTBF posted:

HM Britt Baker vs Hikaru Shider - AEW Dynamite - April 8th

Hell yeah, I'd push it to MOTY if it were in front of a real crowd.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

NienNunb posted:

Nth

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

WMOTYC: Johnny Gargano vs. Tommasso Ciampa - NXT (4/9)

I put this on because I thought it would be so bad it was funny, and it had its moments of that, but it was mostly overly long, boring and stupid. About halfway through the match I turned my PS4 on and started playing a game about a viral outbreak famed for being miserable to play because that was less depressing than devoting my full attention to this match. The finish was one of the stupidest things I've seen but it came close to saving the match because it was so funny.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I put this on because I thought it would be so bad it was funny, and it had its moments of that, but it was mostly overly long, boring and stupid. About halfway through the match I turned my PS4 on and started playing a game about a viral outbreak famed for being miserable to play because that was less depressing than devoting my full attention to this match. The finish was one of the stupidest things I've seen but it came close to saving the match because it was so funny.

The satellite feed leaked early and the finish was one of the stupidest I've heard all year. I'm not voting for this because I wasn't going to watch a match between two minor leaguers who flopped in the majors and got optioned back to AAA, but I'd expect it to be bad.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Nth

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Nth.

I'm still amazed at the top rope air raid crash to the floor which was then edited to be no sold by both guys almost seconds later.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Nth

and HM: Baker/Shida, Dynamite 4/8

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TTBF posted:

gently caress yes.

NienNunb posted:

2nd, this match was so much fun.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 9, 2020

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TTBF posted:

NienNunb posted:

Yeah, and I'll put in an HM for Cody/Spears as well

I Before E fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 9, 2020

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

NienNunb posted:

TTBF posted:

nth

Animal Crackers
Jun 11, 2012
AEW Dynamite 4/8

HM: Hikaru Shida vs Britt Baker
HM: Best Friends vs Kenny Omega and Michael Nakazawa
HM: Cody vs Shawn Spears

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Sad to add my 5th. I think these two are great and I've loved all their other matches but this was just dire. At first I thought it was just okay but couldn't understand where all the hate was coming from... at which point I realized the match still had over 30 minutes to go :cripes:

It just went downhill from there, the half-assed attempt to be cinematic might have somewhat worked if this wasn't happening a couple of days after The Boneyard Match and the Firefly Funhouse match, but even if it hadn't it was just way, way, waaaaay too long to the point it became parody. Then the ending... oof. On paper it works I guess in that it's Johnny finally outsmarting Ciampa after over a year of getting outplayed by him or never quite being able to finish him off, but in execution it was just terrible. What a goddamn shame.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Hikaru Shida vs. Britt Baker, AEW Dynamite, 08/04
HM: Best Friends vs. Kenny Omega/Michael Naka-Naka-NAKAzawa, AEW Dynamite, 08/04

Would love to go MOTYC for Shida/Britt cause the spots were great and it flowed really well but Britt's still a bit too rough around the edges for that. She's on her way though, definitely her best match in AEW to date.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rarity posted:

HM: Best Friends vs. Kenny Omega/Michael Naka-Naka-NAKAzawa, AEW Dynamite, 08/04

Would love to go MOTYC for Shida/Britt cause the spots were great and it flowed really well but Britt's still a bit too rough around the edges for that. She's on her way though, definitely her best match in AEW to date.

Nth to both of these. Hikaru Shida is the Bret Hart of the AEW women's division.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Nth to both of these. In the last three weeks Kenny has given us a Triple A match, a New Japan match, and now a DDT match.

Britt is getting so much better. I REALLY disliked her for the longest time, but they flipped the switch and let her grow in her character. AEW really can get any old weird seed to grow.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

Nth to both of these. In the last three weeks Kenny has given us a Triple A match, a New Japan match, and now a DDT match.

Britt is getting so much better. I REALLY disliked her for the longest time, but they flipped the switch and let her grow in her character. AEW really can get any old weird seed to grow.

The longest time being what, six months?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

The longest time being what, six months?

It's 2020, every month feels like a year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dias posted:

It's 2020, every month feels like a year.

She's been good all year.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

She's been good all year.

People have different opinions in the opinion thread, amazing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TTBF posted:

Nth. I'm a Britt fan now. Great match. She needs a new tron!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nth. I'm a Britt fan now. Great match. She needs a new tron!

You've not made it until your TonyTron has a skull on it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Animal Crackers posted:

AEW Dynamite 4/8

HM: Hikaru Shida vs Britt Baker
HM: Best Friends vs Kenny Omega and Michael Nakazawa
HM: Cody vs Shawn Spears

Nth to these.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

oh but seriously I posted:

You've not made it until your TonyTron has a skull on it.

I have good news.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Nth. The editing is so so bad.

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC - Go Shiozaki (c) vs Kazuyuki Fujita for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH 20th Anniversary - NOAH The Chronicle (3/29)

Absolutely insane and surreal match that you owe it to yourself to watch unspoiled. From the THIRTY MINUTE staredown that opened to the match to the five minute headlock, to Fujita chugging loving hand sanitizer to the tour of Korakuen Hall to Fujita repeatedly kicking Go right in the head to Go repeatedly clotheslining him into defeat with two minutes left on the clock

It was a very special match and I'm not sure we'll see anything like it again.

I was really, really, REALLY late for this, but yeah. Nth.

Also, please enjoy this rendition of what it felt to watch the hot opening stretch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYehifUdZj4

forkboy84 posted:

HM
6/4
All Japan Pro Wrestling
Suwama & Kento Miyahara & Zeus vs Shuji Ishikawa & Jake Lee & Yuma Aoyagi

Believe this show is going to be put on YouTube so keep an eye open for that. This was a really fun 6 man tag that basically devolved into a Suwama and Ishikawa singles match by the end and that ruled. I'm right on the border of HM and MOTYC.

It also had a surprisingly good atmosphere for an empty arena match (whole show really)

2nding this. I really need to check out big AJPW matches more often.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

BTF posted:

I was really, really, REALLY late for this, but yeah. Nth.

Also, please enjoy this rendition of what it felt to watch the hot opening stretch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYehifUdZj4

2nding this. I really need to check out big AJPW matches more often.

Oh poo poo it is that really good arrangement with "wah-wah" woman. Or is it? Now I am unsure.

I vote this in a second time, I care not for your "rules"

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Nth. I was interested because I heard it was another cinematic match, but this was just bad. Overly long, masturbatory match with a Russo style double-swerve-for-the-sake-of-a-swerve finish. Except even Russo might have had better pacing for the finish. This is the most self-indulgent feud since HHH-HBK, and I loved the first match in this feud.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

BxB Hulk and Shingo Takagi had a decade long blood feud where every match went over 30 minutes and the blow-off had both men going to the hospital afterwords and it was less self-indulgent than that one close up shot of Gargano touching Ciampa’s hand.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ThePariah posted:

Nth. I was interested because I heard it was another cinematic match, but this was just bad. Overly long, masturbatory match with a Russo style double-swerve-for-the-sake-of-a-swerve finish. Except even Russo might have had better pacing for the finish. This is the most self-indulgent feud since HHH-HBK, and I loved the first match in this feud.

That’s a shame. The Ciampa v. Gargano matches were usually really good, but I guess it ended up getting hurt by ill-timed injuries that kept delaying the blow-off.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Negro Casas vs. Volador Jr., CMLL 3/1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK-KZsINPgY

Lots of fun between two legends.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Scorpio Sky vs Brandon Cutler vs Peter Avalon BTE Episode 199

A real solid match with some real solid storytelling.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth. Very good comedy match, and Brandon Cutler can move. This is the one good losing streak angle in wrestling.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Aereo vs. Villano III Jr., mask vs. mask, AAA 3/1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INK1pb-36fY&t=7351s

Great lucha de apuestas match, with Villano in particular doing some really crazy moves.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth, I enjoyed this a lot for what it was

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

nth, I'm really looking forward to the eventual Avalon v. Cutler match.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Nth the BTE match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

What's the date? 4/13?