Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yo.

I'm sleepy, and apparently some of you need to chill

##vote Kash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

welp thats hammer

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
The Shittiest Day

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Kashuno (7): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, CirclMastr, Toalpaz, ilmucche, Bifauxnen, dmboogie, Hal Incandenza, dmboogie, Retro Futurist, Infinitum
Retro Futurist (2): Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Kashuno, Hal Incandenza, Bifauxnen, Toalpaz, CirclMastr, Toalpaz, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, CirclMastr, Kashuno, Yami Fenrir, dmboogie, Toalpaz, Kashuno, Toalpaz, Infinitum, Yami Fenrir, dmboogie, Hal Incandenza, Infinitum
Moatillata (1): Infinitum, dmboogie, Sandwolf, Infinitum, Infinitum, dmboogie, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum
Bifauxnen (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Infinitum (0): Moatillata, Yami Fenrir, dmboogie, Retro Futurist, dmboogie, Retro Futurist, Yami Fenrir, Moatillata
Sandwolf (0): Moatillata, Moatillata, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
CirclMastr (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Toalpaz (0): Moatillata, Moatillata, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, ilmucche, Moatillata, Moatillata, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Retro Futurist, Yami Fenrir, ilmucche, Kashuno, Kashuno, Retro Futurist

Not Voting (3): dmboogie, Moatillata, Yami Fenrir

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 12th, 2020 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 21 minutes.

Deadbeat Dad was MARKED day one!

dmboogie was MARKED day one!

Retro Futurist was MARKED night one and twice day two! Retro Futurist has three marks.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

With Kashuno’s strange revelation that he had murdered his brother, the rest of the group wasted no time tying him up in the next room. He looked as though he was staring past them the whole time, eyes fixed on something unseen in the corner.

They spent a while searching through his belongings, but could find nothing to indicate any sort of guilt. When they came back, he was gone altogether.

Kashuno, Lenny Marks, Town Smokescreen was executed day two!

Lenny was always very good at hiding. He lived in his brother’s shadow his whole life, and now he lives here in the shadows with Us. Lenny has been very careful to avoid the Mistress and the Other Things here, but we all know it is only a matter of time. Lenny knows too.

night actions please

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
A great many things happened all at once, and so I will recount them here and now so that we may better understand what happened that night at the Castle. There are many particulars to the comings and goings that occurred, and if you end up staying a little longer, I’m sure we’ll have time to discuss them more. However, we do have a little time for a short story.

Retro Futurist, Phil Voss, Town Rolecop disappeared night two!

It was not hard to find young Phillip's mess of equipment, scattered about an empty bedroom. There were oodles of audio equipment, more portable EMF readers than anyone rightly had any use for, and a laptop with a satellite internet adapter. Without the password, it would prove to serve no purpose.

Similarly missing was one Ms. Cohen, a strange character who proved as inscrutable in death as she had in life. All she left behind was a notebook, much of it in code, and a half a pack of Fantasia cigarettes. There were copious notes regarding Union Carbide, something about a Spanish-Austro taxi company, and Jacobins, but nothing much useful.

Deadbeat Dad, Oedipa Cohen, Town Night-Marker vanished night two!

Growing frantic, which was understandable given the horrors that awaited them, if not helpful, they realized that Carl had not been seen in some time. Indeed, they had seen him for the last time, and an organized search produced only the curious little silver and black ring he was wearing.

Moatilla, Carl Perez, Town Watcher went missing night two!

Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (9): Bifauxnen, CirclMastr, dmboogie, Hal Incandenza, ilmucche, Infinitum, Sandwolf, Toalpaz, Yami Fenrir

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 15th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 17 hours.

Deadbeat Dad was MARKED day one!

dmboogie was MARKED day one!

Yami Fenrir was MARKED night two!

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

well

i hit the button, everyone

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Well that's not gone well

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok then, that's sure looking like the two-scum-team theory is panning out.

The suspects then are:
(some godfather within the Circl-ilmucche-Hal group)
Sandwolf
Yami
Inf
dmboogie
Toal

Toal... I suppose that rage could be legit rage even as scum, if Toal was going in with genuine scumhunting intentions and really isn't on Hum's team, but Toal didn't look like they could be on Grandi's team either so I'm ruling them out.

dmboogie seems likely to be a genuine town vig, unless the triple-marks grant scum a bonus kill. Or unless there were poison shenanigans going on the previous night. In any case he's not my top supect.

Inf was seen visiting Kash N1 and if he's lying about the doc, it was at least something non-lethal. Unless Sandwolf protected Kash N1, maybe now it would be safe for Sandwolf to clear that up, since even if he can't protect the same person two nights in a row, that can't affect him tonight.

Yami I need to look at harder today. I've been reading him as town just on tone and from thinking his exchanges with various people seemed honest. But now that things are narrowing down I better not cling onto that.

Sandwolf had his BP bodyguard claim backed up by RF, who we now know was town. Kash's protective smokescreen role was somewhat limited by the mark system, but even so I find it hard to believe all three of these claimed protective roles can be town. I find Sandwolf more suspicious than Inf overall, though.

Then there's the possibility of a godfather in the group I eccocopped as town. It seems a bit unfair though for a scum to be a godfather if I could still lump them in with a different scum at the same time and make their ability basically worthless. But maybe it could just be gravy on top of another ability. Hum was a "killer-JOAT" so maybe another scum could have a similar grab bag of abilities. I'd rather look elsewhere today though.

I'll check back in when my re-reads are done. As for my results, well, I'll save them for later in the day so we can get some nice fresh takes from everyone first.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Doc'd Bif last night.

Bifauxnen posted:

Inf was seen visiting Kash N1 and if he's lying about the doc, it was at least something non-lethal. Unless Sandwolf protected Kash N1, maybe now it would be safe for Sandwolf to clear that up, since even if he can't protect the same person two nights in a row, that can't affect him tonight.

Moat only saw me visiting Kash, or he would have been less bone-headed and tripled downed on it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also the end of yesterday was terrible.

Lets not have a repeat of that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Moat only saw me visiting Kash, or he would have been less bone-headed and tripled downed on it.

Oh right duh thanks

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Moat only saw me visiting Kash, or he would have been less bone-headed and not tripled downed on it.

Maf edit

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'm convinced toal is town now. After not knowing how many scum there are in the game I'm leaning that yami or sandwolf are scum, and then I agree that one of the circle/me/hal is scum. Obviously I don't think I am, as I'm just a bad new town. Toal agrees that I'm an idiot, so it seems legit to me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

(some godfather within the Circl-ilmucche-Hal group)

I would suggest Sandwolf as a potential Godfather, which would also explain the 1xBP claim.

With the Kash flip that would mean 3 protective roles in place, which seems like a super strong town team.

ilmucche posted:

Obviously I don't think I am, as I'm just a bad new town.

Why don't you know your alignment friendo? :thunk:

ilmucche posted:

Toal agrees that I'm an idiot, so it seems legit to me.

Toal needs to be nicer to newbies, is what Toal needs to do.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I do know my alignment, that's why I said I'm just a bad town

obviously no one who's scum would out themselves so I don't know what difference that makes.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Infinitum posted:

I would suggest Sandwolf as a potential Godfather, which would also explain the 1xBP claim.

With the Kash flip that would mean 3 protective roles in place, which seems like a super strong town team.

rf rolecopped sand

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

dmboogie posted:

rf rolecopped sand

Herp a derp :v:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

dmboogie posted:

rf rolecopped sand

oh

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
My early thoughts on folks are:

- bif: Something about that earlier post bothers me but it's probably colored by the results bif knows and I don't. Will wait for the results.

- circl: need to reread this one. Cleared by bif but I've had town reads on pretty much everyone but RF and Kash beforehand and neutral reads on the newbies, so... I must have gotten wrong somewhere.

- DBD: appears to have marked me so they literally cannot have performed the NK unless we have double action allowance shenanigans. I'd like to hear the reason on that one but otherwise leaning on leaving them be for now.

-boogie as one of the tree people to interact with my marks and performing a third kill, I am inclined to believe them.

-hal: feels a bit "floaty", in a way? And reactionary. Town result by bif.

-ilmulcce: Town result according to bif. I have a hard time reading newbies but from a quick reread standpoint they seem to seesaw from "how do I play mafia guys" to "strangely competent" in a way I'm not entirely sold on.

-Infinitum: was suspicious of them early on in day 2, before letting it go towards the middle. The deadline votes are baaad baaad baaaaaaad though. Overall I'm not convinced they're doing a lot of scum hunting (they voted hum, and later moat, everything else appears to be commentary, setup spec etc. on a quick reread?) I think Inf is worth revisiting.

-sandwolf: Rereading their day 2, I'm... not sold? After the tumult of day 1 there has been surprisingly little from sandwolf. There are a lot of accusations but few actual votes. I still really don't like how they handled their claim, the BP is an easy excuse as to why they have not died as a protective role. I think sandwolf is also worth revisiting.

- toal: is still high on my suspicion list but I also really don't want to think that anger was faked. Needs a new mark now, as we can already see who DBD marks (unless they can also NK) and I do not have a night action. Will leave be for now.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

claimed actions for n1 should be:

Bif: Eccocop circl, hal, ilmucche.
circl: no night action
boogie: no night action
dbd: mark rf
inf: doc kash
kash: protect yami (aka me)
moat: watch kash
sandwolf: ???
Toal: Track DBD to RF

N2:
Bif: ???
Boogie: Vig RF

I didn't miss anything, right? Sandwolf hasn't claimed either nights targets yet?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I doc'd Bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

One other thing you seem to have missed is DBD is dead :v:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

One other thing you seem to have missed is DBD is dead :v:

oh, yes.

Guess I won't find out the reason after all ._.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Would you mind answering if your action counts as visits, Bif?

I have an idea on how to confirm you without flipping you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Would you mind answering if your action counts as visits, Bif?

I have an idea on how to confirm you without flipping you.

I don't actually know, (I'll try asking just in case) but I presume that it doesn't count.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I followed dmboogie to RF.

I've never been more disillusioned, hurt, and disappointed by the Mafia community than in the past few games but I'll play it out.

Bif not coming out with her results is weird.

There is design overlap between a town doctor and a town smokescreen. I am susp of infi.

I think that if there are multiple teams, one of them shouldnt have flipped 'killer'. But here we are with three nks.

Kash may have stopped a kill on Yami n1. Infini may have stopped a kill on Kash n1. if you are someone who had your no stopped you would feel more comfortable claiming doctor earlier.

Scum probably? Have a marker on their team or a team x shot mark for confusion purposes I'd guess.

I'm going to reread Hal because no one has mentioned him ever this game I think.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Welp, pretty much everyone I was suspicious of flipped town, so I'm clearly a loving idiot.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I protected Circl N1

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hal Day 1:

Some comments on the day one discussion.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Toalpaz is not out here feeling guilty, they give no fucks, I'm not buying it

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't like the Toal or Kashuno cases, the case on toal isn't even clear to me, and Kash it's just "lurking" which I don't think is out of character.

Sandwolf I could see, he is not casing in good faith from what I see.

Some unreadable mafia parenting:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well I mean when you say someone has disappeared when they are the top poster in the game by far and have been present all the time just seems like it is in bad faith

Hal Incandenza posted:

What about you mr boogie, what are YOUR opinions?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah if you are going to bus a scumbro you also probably pay a bit more attention to what you saying

Is okay with voting somber mod :pensive: but also RF, and DMBoogie (i dunno, ~probably town~ because holy poo poo thats a lot of kills.)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Out of the current crop I feel ##vote RF

I'd also be ok with Somber

I think dmboogie is alright, not liking that direction

Two bantery type posts with flipped scums hum and grandi

Hal Incandenza posted:

haha, I forgot to tell you that mine was good too, if a little chaotic over zoom

Hal Incandenza posted:

It does but the post is kinda weird with the stream of conscious change of read, kind of out of character but maybe too over the top for scum

Another vote on town.

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote Kashuno I don't think he responded very well to bif

Throwing shade on moat's play while ~*~ seemingly ~*~ not wanting to be the driving force behind a moat vote.

Hal Incandenza posted:

It just seems like you haven't realized any info from your knowledge, just outed a power role that may well be town...

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm I get where you are coming from, I just don't think you have enough info to really make this statement but I guess people can't keep quiet sometimes

I'd probably vote hal today.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

So I dont buy how these are 3 posts apart.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah I feel like I have seen plenty of doctors+bodyguards in games this size too

##vote RF

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lol not sure now this is the RF scum game

Kash interactions:

bad interaction with bif

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote Kashuno I don't think he responded very well to bif

Some marking theorizing that seems like it doesn't have continuity. Could be scum only paying half attention doing setup spec to appear around.

Hal Incandenza posted:

What if there are pro town abilities that only work on people who are marked though?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well that's weird, why does it mention marks at all?

and...

Hal Incandenza posted:

Where did Kash say he didn't believe you?

There's no follow up on this interaction.

Hal Incandenza posted:

If we can swing it ok ##vote Kash

I uh........ there certainly is a history of finding Kash suspicious but it doesn't read to me like town who genuinely has a scum read. It feels like rather than case Kash, hal has set up a reason to vote Kash and took the opportunity end of day to make it happen.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ilmucche posted:

After not knowing how many scum there are in the game I'm leaning that yami or sandwolf are scum, and then I agree that one of the circle/me/hal is scum.

well if sandwolf is in the clear I guess that leaves yami, and then circ or hal in my books. The stuff toal has put up makes a lot of sense, but I'm pretty easily swayed. It's a good point that no one seems to have really looked at hal at all so far.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

ilmucche posted:

well if sandwolf is in the clear I guess that leaves yami, and then circ or hal in my books. The stuff toal has put up makes a lot of sense, but I'm pretty easily swayed. It's a good point that no one seems to have really looked at hal at all so far.

There's also always the chance that Bif is lying too about her role.

Its easy for scum to take a group of people and say 'they're town' because they can hide scum among the town in the cop. They can honestly say those people are town because when they die we will be left wondering if there were secretly scum on the ecco cop. They can say they found a scum among 4 people, and it will take 2-3 days before the truth comes out that their claim is bullshit because you need to flip a lot of people to prove ecco cop right or wrong.

Ecco cop is a very weird claim and hard to verify, there are a lot of benefits to claiming it as scum and as a role it has fairly little utility unless you clear 4 town at once as Bif has done, even so I don't know if we can trust these results given the likely hood of a godfather etc.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Some thoughts: Toal tracking boogie feels a little weird, wouldn’t it have been suspicious enough if RF hadn’t died tonight? That feels a bad choice, maybe a ‘safe’ choice to cover for another night action (a kill, I’m saying I think he may have done the kill)

Hal has been a total nonentity this game. I remember thinking he was pretty good on D1 but since then I can’t remember anything he has said or done, I think he clammed up when he lost his scumbud.

Inf’s hammer on Kash yesterday also gave me really bad feelings, but he’s probably doc?, so I’m hesitant there and probably won’t vote there now

of these three I think Hal is the most suspicious
##vote Hal

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toal do you think bif fakeclaims that as scum, in this game, so far? p much banking there will be no regular cop? Doubt it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't actually know, (I'll try asking just in case) but I presume that it doesn't count.

Update for you here: I did get confirmation that my investigation did count as an actual visit.

But speaking of that, my update on results is... there are no more results. I was a oneshot, trying to draw a kill after I was spent.

I was hoping to get a shot at watching for anyone looking awkward though, about sharing their reads before I said anything. I don't like how Yami seemed to be throwing shade on me for trying that.

But Sandwolf was definitely the worst showing, checking in only to report who he allegedly protected N1 and not saying anything at all about his reads or reactions after a big reduction in the playerbase.

I think there's got to be at least one scum between Sandwolf and Yami, and Sandwolf's looking most likely.

##vote Sandwolf

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh lol he posted while I was writing that up, definitely don't like him going along with the case on Hal. He seems to be grabbing at any chance to vote someone in my group first while he has an excuse, instead of going after say, Yami who would be a way better option first imo.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Update for you here: I did get confirmation that my investigation did count as an actual visit.

But speaking of that, my update on results is... there are no more results. I was a oneshot, trying to draw a kill after I was spent.

I was hoping to get a shot at watching for anyone looking awkward though, about sharing their reads before I said anything. I don't like how Yami seemed to be throwing shade on me for trying that.

But Sandwolf was definitely the worst showing, checking in only to report who he allegedly protected N1 and not saying anything at all about his reads or reactions after a big reduction in the playerbase.

I think there's got to be at least one scum between Sandwolf and Yami, and Sandwolf's looking most likely.

##vote Sandwolf

Actually what bothered me was the way you wrote my part about your big post. I figured you had me in your second batch, thats why i wrote what i did. Didnt want anybody to catch onto that incase somebody trips uo somewhere.

Anyway sorry for sort of checking out, the whole thing with toal yesterday seriously sapped my drive.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote Sandwolf

our flipped town rolecop got a BP Bodyguard result on Sandwolf

how many times this phase will I need to make this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##vote infinitum

i dont think you're a real doctor, or even a real worm