Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Yeah nah.

Bodyguard + Doc makes no sense if we also had the Smokescreen protecting all non-marked targets from ALL abilities at night.
Sake of the argument Kash claims D1

I could have protected 1 of the Marked targets.

Sandwolf could have protected the other Marked target.
There would be no way for scum to make a kill N1.

##vote Sandwolf

Secondary to this

As Kash stated he blocks all abilities, not just kills.
There is no need for a roleblocker in this scenario.
Smokescreen protected town.

There might never have been a scenario where we needed to block someone with 2 marks.
What happens if that person is just vanilla? Roleblock on 2 marks is useless.

This is an incredibly weird version of roleblocker.

There do not appear to be vanilla roles.

Also Kash was more of a limited... Jailer type? Doctor type? He could "protect" one unmarked person. My role lets me block one multi-marked person. They are both super limited roles overall. If anything your unlimited doc of anyone is the outlier in what we have seen so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Inf I am unclear what you are saying about boogie/sandwolf. Are you saying the existence of their roles sort of complement each other? Like boogies vig as scum means sandwolfs bodyguard as scum makes sense? Like if they are on different scum teams?

Yes sorry. This is what I was getting at and should have tl;dr'd a bit better.

ilmucche posted:

5, since we're all coming clean. I can watch and protect one specific person

.... this is a bastard setup isn't it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Infinitum posted:

.... this is a bastard setup isn't it.

I don't know what that means.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm joking that Somber is actively loving with us with this setup.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ilmucche, you've essentially cruised by most of this game on the coattails of being the newbie.

Who are your top suspects for scum, and why?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ilmucche posted:

Lol seriously what

Btw Inf you seem to still have the wrong idea about Kash's role, I read it that way for just a second at first the way he worded it but it did not in fact act as a super blanket protection on all unmarked people.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I think now I'm starting to be most suss of Inf after all just for his "choc doc" claim being the only totally classic normal goddamn role around here

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah fair point.

With the number of protective roles coming out of the woodwork I fee like there is very much 2 scum teams to warrant this amount of night fuckery.

ilmucche posted:

I'd like your exact role name please, you're being too vague with this.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I think now I'm starting to be most suss of Inf after all just for his "choc doc" claim being the only totally classic normal goddamn role around here

It's not my fault I'm normal :(

Bif what are your thoughts on one of the Markers being scum?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

It's not my fault I'm normal :(

Bif what are your thoughts on one of the Markers being scum?

I think it makes sense to have one of em be scum, yeah

But since it makes sense to have one of em be scum, it would also make sense to make them all town just to fake us out so Somber can laugh at us thinking one of them just HAS to be a scumbo

So I would prefer to go by voting behaviour and tone reads etc etc rather than count a mark role as any evidence at this point in and of itself

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I think it makes sense to have one of em be scum, yeah

But since it makes sense to have one of em be scum, it would also make sense to make them all town just to fake us out so Somber can laugh at us thinking one of them just HAS to be a scumbo

So I would prefer to go by voting behaviour and tone reads etc etc rather than count a mark role as any evidence at this point in and of itself

Yeah too soon to say, but teeing up a townie to be vigged at night by another scum would be pretty good play

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sake of the argument

Bif: Out of the 2 remaining Markers, Circl + Yami, if you had to pick one as scum; who would you pick?

And just for clarity, I feel the glut of Protective claims warrants closer inspection as well today.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah too soon to say, but teeing up a townie to be vigged at night by another scum would be pretty good play

And potentially the other scum team as well.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Bif: Out of the 2 remaining Markers, Circl + Yami, if you had to pick one as scum; who would you pick?

I'd pick Yami. I was suss on Circl before, but he'd have to also be a godfather which I still think would be weird...

Ah gently caress but everything here is freakin weird

Yeah now that you ask it again and we've got everyone claimed I'm not so sure.

I do still think Yami has read as town in tone to me all along, I just know that isn't foolproof if he's hunting for the other scumteam in all honesty.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Infini all of your current reads have been setup spec imo. Is there anything scummy sandwolfs has done in particular?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Here's my updated state of affairs. I got everyone in tiers of two rn rather than a nice purely vertical Lumpenlist. From towniest to scummiest:

Toalpaz is my single towniest read, while dmboogie I see as most likely a town vig. Pure mechanics aside, wanting to use his ability to get in an extra kill on RF who looked scummy as gently caress, and not waste the lunch seems like legit townie helpful intent too.

ilmucche + Hal - there's been so little to judge from either of them I can't possibly decide which is a more likely godfather rn. That's how I ended up even picking this lot, I thought I'd scan over the lurkiest peeps to give me a reason to bother pursuing them at all, cause people usually like to put it off forever saying lurker lunches give us nothing to go on.

Yami + CirclMastr - Circl is probably most likely out of my group to be a godfather imo. Even ignoring the setup spec around who's got marks, the way he used it D1 did seem scummier than Yami.

Sandwolf + Inf - I think Inf's claim is looking even more suspicious than Sandwolf's, from both a setup spec point of view and also from him being uncritical of Sandwolf's initial claim. But I like Inf's posting more, overall. When he came to catch up near the end of D1 in particular, he had such a strong town tone to me, like he was really dropping in ready to actually help. But again, he could have done that as a scum agenuinely opposed to Hum. Sandwolf would be more likely allied with Hum, since he wouldn't even vote Hum to save his own skin. I'm leaning towards seeing Inf as scummier rn but I'd be happy to lunch either one of these two today and think it should be one of them.

Withholding my vote though since that'd put Inf at -2 when we still have over 24 hours.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This is feeling very much like the blood scene from The Thing to me atm.

I know I'm human, but I don't for the life of me have a strong town vibe from anybody else atm.

Toalpaz posted:

Infini all of your current reads have been setup spec imo. Is there anything scummy sandwolfs has done in particular?

There's nothing wrong with setup spec as this game has more layers than an onion at this point. I have shifted to this, as I have been wrong about a number of players thus far, as my gut reads have been off on a number of players.
Tonally I don't like either of Sandwolf or Circl very much in how they read, but their behaviour strikes my as suspcious.

I don't like Sandwolf from a setup perspective.
I feel the 1 shot bulletproof bodyguard is a generic level Godfather cover claim.

I would also put forward that Circl Mastr has all of 36 posts in a game with close to 1300 posts, and is very much lurking in the shadows, only appearing to Mark people and then disappear into the ether.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bif, wouldn't scum boogie want nothing more than to let us shift the vote from RF to another townie so they could get an extra kill in at night?

Not sure that's what happened but I don't see how that path is more townie than scummy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Actually yeah. Circlmastr has said nothing of value all game other than generic bland non-committal reads.

You can count on one hand the number of times they've posted more than one sentence.

##vote Circlmastr

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Bif, wouldn't scum boogie want nothing more than to let us shift the vote from RF to another townie so they could get an extra kill in at night?

Not sure that's what happened but I don't see how that path is more townie than scummy

Well, it's that on top of the fact that we had a glut of three kills last night. There could be ways around it but I think town vig is the most likely explanation. Especially with all these extra block or protection claims rolling in, two scum kills doesn't freakin seem like enough now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Well, it's that on top of the fact that we had a glut of three kills last night. There could be ways around it but I think town vig is the most likely explanation. Especially with all these extra block or protection claims rolling in, two scum kills doesn't freakin seem like enough now

That’s fair, scum seem pretty powerful without the vig, but of course everyone has claimed a protective role too so it’s not completely out of the question

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Wouldn't scum godfather post more than 30 times? That reads to me that town and doesn't care about the game.

Also we should vote out Yami cause his replacement may never come and or Yami should just post role pm.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Toalpaz posted:

Wouldn't scum godfather post more than 30 times? That reads to me that town and doesn't care about the game.

Also we should vote out Yami cause his replacement may never come and or Yami should just post role pm.

Humalong already agreed to being a replacement. Somber's just not around yet.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

Humalong already agreed to being a replacement. Somber's just not around yet.

Humalong is actually already a member of this game and also a mafia member.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
... Right. Ignore me then, I just saw the post in the mafia discussion thread.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

That's a good point for all three of them really, they've all been quiet and holding back compared to the rest of the game. Hal the least, though, recently.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Sorry, I kinda don't even know what to post. Like I said, everyone I was suspicious of flipped town, I clearly don't know how to do reads in this game.

Infinitum posted:

With the number of protective roles coming out of the woodwork I fee like there is very much 2 scum teams to warrant this amount of night fuckery.

How is this even up for debate? Didn't the number of kills N2 prove that there are two scum teams plus boogie's night vig? Two scum teams with 2 people each make total sense, and with two scum from different teams dead, scum don't know who else is scum.

The way the mark things have cone out, I would be way more suspicious of a protective claim that didn't interact with marks than any other roleclaim. And if you are going to be suspicious of a marker, I'm the one who came out first about the vagueness of what marks do in my role PM. Yami just parroted me on it. I would still question all these protections over markers, but I've clearly been wrong as hell before.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

hi I'm replacing yami

bif scum, I'm scum, who else is scum?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
SolusLunes will be replacing Yami Fenrir. There will not be any replacements after this. Votefinder doesn't seem to want to replace Solus yet, I will try once they have made a post.

edit: Replacing wasn't working with votefinder, I just manually adjusted. Sorry for any inconvenience ya'll.

Votecount for Day 3

Infinitum (2): dmboogie, Sandwolf
CirclMastr (1): Infinitum
Sandwolf (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Infinitum, Infinitum
Hal Incandenza (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf

Not Voting (6): Bifauxnen, CirclMastr, Hal Incandenza, ilmucche, SolusLunes, Toalpaz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 15th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

dmboogie was MARKED day one!

Yami Fenrir was MARKED night two!

Infinitum was MARKED day three!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

hi I'm replacing yami

Now this! This is the post of a town... ##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Welp, guess I'm getting marked then lmfao

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Infinitum posted:

ilmucche, you've essentially cruised by most of this game on the coattails of being the newbie.

Who are your top suspects for scum, and why?

ilmucche posted:

That's a good point toal, it's unfortunate that the three claimed were circl me and Hal as there's no way to verify the claim. Does ecco cop only show alignment and not role?

I guess that puts sandwolf back in. I'm leaning them or Hal I guess now since Hal has been quiet for a while. Yami is pretty suspicious to me, but I'd lean Hal more than the others.

I'm still kind of here, but backed off on hal since I can't really look at someone for lurking since I don't post much either. Yami probably the most, but I'm pretty suspicious of every one. I think I posted my yami reasoning a page or two ago, based around their case of toal on day 1 which I was already was suspicious of, and how yami tried to say I followed them into a vote on toal when I was going off my own different read (I didn't care about, and probably shouldn't, bring up the unvote), and using that as a reason to lunch me. I'd said that since yami was driving hard at toal that I'd be okay lunching toal, but if toal was revealed town I'd want to go after yami. I'm convinced toal is town now so I'm still running with that.

After that probably sandwolf, then a tie for everyone else except toal.

I don't know what to make of anyone and yami is probably my strongest lean. I'd probably follow whatever toal votes after yami as despite me not being a fan of their attitude to me being poo poo and them thinking they're good, I am pretty lost and they do seem pretty good.

ilmucche posted:

Sandwolf posted:

Some thoughts: Toal tracking boogie feels a little weird, wouldn’t it have been suspicious enough if RF hadn’t died tonight? That feels a bad choice, maybe a ‘safe’ choice to cover for another night action (a kill, I’m saying I think he may have done the kill)
I don't follow this, is it that toal tracked dmboogie which you're saying was an unnecessary action? I don't understand the a safe choice to cover part for a night action part.

I still don't understand what sandwolf is saying here, that dmboogie claimed they were going to kill RF and didn't so boogie could do something else? Toal tracked boogie to RF though.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Solus mark bif and or... Ilmucche and or......... Hal imo.... And or.........................

Bif is probably the best.

I'm tracker who can track marked people.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

SolusLunes posted:

hi I'm replacing yami

I'm scum too

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Wait, nobody read that

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

ilmucche posted:

I'm scum too

Tch tch tch

Another beginner mistake.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

While we wait for Solus to catch up I've got a new bit I'm workshoping that I was wondering if you all can tell me is funny or not.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It's a bit where I refer to every newer player as ilmucche indiscriminately and for seemingly no reason.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

It's a bit where I refer to every newer player as ilmucche indiscriminately and for seemingly no reason.

Please don't make this any more confusing for me then it already is.

##vote ilmucche

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Solus mark bif and or... Ilmucche and or......... Hal imo.... And or.........................

Bif is probably the best.

I'm tracker who can track marked people.

Hmm.

I WAS going to mark bif but now that you want me to, and bif expects me to...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

but drat bif you going off on jokevotes d1 regarding performative towniness is a thing I don't like (alignment wise), are you the scum, again