Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Starting to get kinda bored now.

https://twitter.com/JooJooFlop/status/1250285721174208513?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Double Punctuation posted:

I just discovered that you don’t need to check villagers’ doors to see if they are in. You can look at their house. Lights off means the villager is somewhere else; lights on and curtains open means the villager is in the house; and lights on but curtains closed means the villager is asleep.

There will also be smoke coming out of the chimney if they're in and awake.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Double Punctuation posted:

I just discovered that you don’t need to check villagers’ doors to see if they are in. You can look at their house. Lights off means the villager is somewhere else; lights on and curtains open means the villager is in the house; and lights on but curtains closed means the villager is asleep.

I miss New Leaf's megaphone...

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
e: closed. THANKS WART JR!

Goodpart fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Apr 15, 2020

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Goodpart posted:

Despite the fact that he is Best Villager, everyone seems to dislike Wart Jr. but TODAY WE'RE CHANGING THAT with a giveaway!

I, by which I mean he, has wrapped up 65 prizes ready for claiming. Up for grabs are prizes like an Imperial Bed, Desktop Computer, Billiards Table, star fragments, and a Pool! Will your prize be good, or will it be poo poo? I don't know! (I really actually don't know; I've rearranged the prizes so much that they're just bags to me)

All you have to do is come by, leave a thoughtful message for Wart Jr. on the town notice board; a picture, a love letter, or just a Thanks, Wart Jr.! -- then come by behind the plaza and claim a prize. That's it!

Link is here: https://turnip.exchange/island/7b974a39

Also Saharah is here and I have no idea what she's selling. And Jambette is crafting gravestones!

More like Fart Jr.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

LastGoodBoy posted:

More like Fart Jr.
i want to - out of this post

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

https://twitter.com/reggie/status/1250296159517605890?s=21

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Goodpart posted:

Despite the fact that he is Best Villager, everyone seems to dislike Wart Jr. but TODAY WE'RE CHANGING THAT with a giveaway!

I, by which I mean he, has wrapped up 65 prizes ready for claiming. Up for grabs are prizes like an Imperial Bed, Desktop Computer, Billiards Table, star fragments, and a Pool! Will your prize be good, or will it be poo poo? I don't know! (I really actually don't know; I've rearranged the prizes so much that they're just bags to me)

All you have to do is come by, leave a thoughtful message for Wart Jr. on the town notice board; a picture, a love letter, or just a Thanks, Wart Jr.! -- then come by behind the plaza and claim a prize. That's it!

Link is here: https://turnip.exchange/island/7b974a39

Also Saharah is here and I have no idea what she's selling. And Jambette is crafting gravestones!

Got gravestone, left condolences. Also, I can't draw.

Thanks!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Hypothetically, just because I don’t really have any interest or care, but:

If you have a crappy first house villager who decides they want to leave, can a friend come and adopt them, then if they want to then leave their town, can you revisit and get them back to your town? And then will they have their updated house? Will this cause some sort for existential dread for the villager?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

When the villager has all their stuff in boxes, somebody else can come over and adopt them. You could probably do this back and forth if you wanted. Much like in the real world, their autonomy is a comfortable illusion perpetrated by their owners IE the player/ruling class.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

There is also the chance of the villager bugging out and being stuck on a Moved Out state forever if you take someone's leaving villager so be careful of that. Most sites report it being patched out but it definitely happened to me.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

So I've got a campsite visitor but he wants Axel, my best friend, to move out. I went through the cycle three times (because I want loving Elise gone) but each time Axel is the only person he offers to replace. What's the deal here? Can I keep asking, and I just got unlucky? Or is this guy fixed on replacing Axel and I have to wait for someone else?

Edit: Bad thought: will my next campsite visitor want Axel gone too? He's my best friend.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Sanford posted:

So I've got a campsite visitor but he wants Axel, my best friend, to move out. I went through the cycle three times (because I want loving Elise gone) but each time Axel is the only person he offers to replace. What's the deal here? Can I keep asking, and I just got unlucky? Or is this guy fixed on replacing Axel and I have to wait for someone else?

Edit: Bad thought: will my next campsite visitor want Axel gone too? He's my best friend.
supposedly, you can change who they want to replace if you close out of the game itself, not just redo the dialogue, but I haven't tested that myself.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blaziken386 posted:

supposedly, you can change who they want to replace if you close out of the game itself, not just redo the dialogue, but I haven't tested that myself.

I wish I had heard of this earlier (if it works) :( I had a campsite visitor I wanted but similarly to the above post she wanted Boomer out and Boomer is my precious boy and I can't kick him out.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Blaziken386 posted:

Ah great thank you, will try later. I think the new character, Pick, is a bellend but he must be better than Elise.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

IMO it's still absolutely baffling that you can choose who to "negotiate with" when you have amiibo, but not with randoms

especially when the cards are out of print

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When a villager moves out they're reset to factory settings. Honestly it's something I wish the game would try to address since new leaf.

If you and a friend have the same villager they'll just do the canned 'it's nice to meet you' when you talk to them speech. Really wish they accounted for it and had them go 'oh uh yeah this is my home away from home. You're visiting too? That's crazy!' kinda line.

Phoebe moved out a few days ago and she was one of my starting villagers, she was around when my island was picked out and for all the 'story' beats. I found her on a island and "Oh hi I'm Phoebe it's nice to meet you :)". I wish she had a line about how she missed island life and was just trying to capture the magic again or something and I could invite her back. It's why I didn't accept her, it felt too strange.

Crinklepouch
May 30, 2016

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys.
It's driving me nuts trying to re-move my houses... I don't mind the wait really, but I accidentally moved a villagers house 1 tile too far south for my layout... so now I have to move it 2 more times to move it one tile north? Ughhhh.... I'm going to measure with water tiles before I place any more houses!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Crinklepouch posted:

It's driving me nuts trying to re-move my houses... I don't mind the wait really, but I accidentally moved a villagers house 1 tile too far south for my layout... so now I have to move it 2 more times to move it one tile north? Ughhhh.... I'm going to measure with water tiles before I place any more houses!

My wife and I ran into this yesterday and I ended up spending two hours moving trees and entirely diverting a river so we didn't have to do it twice. Noticed this morning when the move was complete that I got it wrong again.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Same, a single house is slightly off center in my housing area and I'm trying not to let it bother me

But god is it bothering me.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Turnips are 537 on my island, I don't want to use the exchange though, so... I'll give the dodo code to the first 3 people to DM me. Sorry you're too late

Fangz fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Apr 15, 2020

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Goodpart posted:

e: closed. THANKS WART JR!

I also have Wart Jr and he is very good

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Same, a single house is slightly off center in my housing area and I'm trying not to let it bother me

But god is it bothering me.

Man, it's really noticable, huh?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

When a villager moves out they're reset to factory settings. Honestly it's something I wish the game would try to address since new leaf.

If you and a friend have the same villager they'll just do the canned 'it's nice to meet you' when you talk to them speech. Really wish they accounted for it and had them go 'oh uh yeah this is my home away from home. You're visiting too? That's crazy!' kinda line.

Phoebe moved out a few days ago and she was one of my starting villagers, she was around when my island was picked out and for all the 'story' beats. I found her on a island and "Oh hi I'm Phoebe it's nice to meet you :)". I wish she had a line about how she missed island life and was just trying to capture the magic again or something and I could invite her back. It's why I didn't accept her, it felt too strange.

In New Leaf, I distinctly remember meeting Eunice, one of my previous villagers in a goon town. I think she must have directly moved there from my town. She totally recognised me, even showed me an old letter I think. :3:

And More fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 15, 2020

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Fangz posted:

Turnips are 537 on my island, I don't want to use the exchange though, so... I'll give the dodo code to the first 3 people to DM me. Sorry you're too late

Thank you! My house is finally paid off. Left you a tip in front of yours.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Crinklepouch posted:

I accidentally placed a villager's house one tile off and immediately hit the home button and closed the software. When I reloaded, I had the moving kit in my inventory and was able to avoid an extra 2 days of moving. I was expecting a visit from Mr. Resetti, who I assume still exists in this game, but he never showed up.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

And More posted:

In New Leaf, I distinctly remember meeting Eunice, one of my previous villagers in a goon town. I think she must have directly moved there from my town. She totally recognised me, even showed me an old letter I think. :3:
yeah, I remember "villagers keep letters from past towns" was a thing even back on the gamecube. is it not anymore? that kinda sucks.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I accidentally placed a villager's house one tile off and immediately hit the home button and closed the software. When I reloaded, I had the moving kit in my inventory and was able to avoid an extra 2 days of moving. I was expecting a visit from Mr. Resetti, who I assume still exists in this game, but he never showed up.
protip for placing houses correctly: just set up a 4x4 area beforehand with patterns on the ground to mark where you want it, and only put the house in AFTER you've got the surrounding area all set up

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

It helps to measure things out with paths if you can too. I have my villager houses split into two ‘neighbors’ of 4 and 6 houses and the 6
houses were in a grid but all off of each other just slightly so I started swapping house placements to avoid the ‘moving each house twice to fix a 1-tile offset’ problem. I used a lot of gridding and marking of 1-tile path spots to make sure it all lined up.

E: what blaziken said

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Fangz posted:

Thank you for hosting ! I left a bunch of tips as thank you and a note on your bulletin board. :)

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
turnips at 408, some recipes at the entrance

open again later prob

PotU fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 15, 2020

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
YES. I just got two scorpion islands in a row, and Flick is visiting today. :bernget20:

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

PotU posted:

https://turnip.exchange/island/33fdc803

Thanks! Cool island. I left a couple of money bags near the flower field.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Thanks! Cool island. I left a couple of money bags near the flower field.

I'm honestly mad this post didn't end "for the halibut."

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

PotU posted:

https://turnip.exchange/island/33fdc803

Cheers muchly, left a Nook Ticket as a tip! 🎫

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
Kidd is making decoy ducks if anyone wants to come over while I afk breakfast.

https://turnip.exchange/island/949685b3

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I just unlocked the golden axe.

It chops down trees. This is near-useless to me. Is there really no golden stone axe? :(

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thanks for gifts and visits, will probably open up again later

Tauschemo
Jul 11, 2011

jassa posted:

It chops down trees. This is near-useless to me. Is there really no golden stone axe? :(

You see.. it's already got the material in the name. It can't be both gold AND stone at the same time.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

jassa posted:

Does it make pretty patterns on the stumps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What do you do to unlock the golden axe