Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Reflex aim literally makes using guns worse, it's a split second of autoaim that doesn't even aim properly, which throws off your actual aim.

engi 10 is extremely good, and yes you get the points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Psion posted:

For anyone with gunnery or engineering 10 in railjack:

how useful is gun 10 reflex aim?
same question, but anastasis. Relatedly, do you still get the repair points for it as if you'd fixed up that breach yourself?

I'm already familiar with tactical and piloting 10, but I'm not sure which of those to take first.

I've got all 4, if I had to chose what order to get them in I'd go Engineering -> Tactical -> Piloting -> Gunnery. (possibly tactical first given how incredibly useful it is for Scarlet Spear)

Engineering used to be terrible in that it took an ungodly amount of resources, but now that it's just 'repair but slightly slower and you don't have to be around' it's replaced pulling out the omni tool.
Tactical is useful for being able to cover multiple roles and particularity handy for the Scarlet Spear event.
I literally never notice Piloting.
As Psion said, gunnery sometimes makes the targeting worse, as it regularly gets the lead wrong.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Travic posted:

I was actually just about to post this as well. I had no arcanes prior to this event because I was scared of being dead weight on Eidolon hunts. :)

So far I've maxed out Energize, Grace, Barrier, Velocity, and Guardian.

Yeah that was the same thing I had in mind, I'd definitely need to get carried on Eidolons, I don't even have a ranked up amp. I'll dfeinitely try to rank up energize, velocity (for my love of Mesa) and one defensive arcane.

Plus I also have the issue of a weird schedule so I stick to pubs at my weird times until I have more free time to get myself a team for Eidolons

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Now, is it just me or is the steam tennogen store slightly off?

https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/230410/

I can't seem to find anything from before tennogen 13, even if the workshop tells me they are accepted and in game, and the workshop doesn't appear to have a store link.

Also, I have opened my eyes to being the idiot going out of the murex and picking up the avionics, there might yet be a good one around. (It is a lie, there never will be.)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

mortons stork posted:

Yeah that was the same thing I had in mind, I'd definitely need to get carried on Eidolons, I don't even have a ranked up amp. I'll dfeinitely try to rank up energize, velocity (for my love of Mesa) and one defensive arcane.

Plus I also have the issue of a weird schedule so I stick to pubs at my weird times until I have more free time to get myself a team for Eidolons

Amp ranks don't really do anything, until you hit max and can gild it which gives it a decent stat bump.
Then once it's gilded, its ranks still don't do anything, except give mastery xp.

Basically if you can get a level 1 Schwaak prism with the uh crit chance brace, you're good to go. You'll have to deadweight a few eidolons before you have the rep for that though.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

SIGSEGV posted:

Also, I have opened my eyes to being the idiot going out of the murex and picking up the avionics, there might yet be a good one around. (It is a lie, there never will be.)

I got a void hole from collecting avionics during this event. Sooooo....

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Basically if you can get a level 1 Schwaak prism with the uh crit chance brace, you're good to go. You'll have to deadweight a few eidolons before you have the rep for that though.

What does level 1 mean in this context? I have never interacted with the Quills except that I dropped all the Scarlet Spear cores there. Then I noticed that I still have not enough craft stuff to completely build any non-mote amp.
The whole thing feels pretty dumb.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

genericnick posted:

What does level 1 mean in this context? I have never interacted with the Quills except that I dropped all the Scarlet Spear cores there. Then I noticed that I still have not enough craft stuff to completely build any non-mote amp.
The whole thing feels pretty dumb.

Prisms use the same level-up system as all the other guns in warframe except they don't have mods so they get literally no benefits from leveling up.
Until 30, when you can gild them like you can gild zaws, which gives a ~25% stat increase and lets you equip special arcanes to them.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Amp ranks don't really do anything, until you hit max and can gild it which gives it a decent stat bump.
Then once it's gilded, its ranks still don't do anything, except give mastery xp.

I've been getting a bunch of sentient cores from Scarlet Spear though, maybe that will be enough to bump me into that territory?
Also, how is anyone supposed to hunt eidolons if you're deadweight at first?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Nalesh posted:

Reflex aim literally makes using guns worse, it's a split second of autoaim that doesn't even aim properly, which throws off your actual aim.

engi 10 is extremely good, and yes you get the points.

BabelFish posted:

I've got all 4, if I had to chose what order to get them in I'd go Engineering -> Tactical -> Piloting -> Gunnery. (possibly tactical first given how incredibly useful it is for Scarlet Spear)

thanks, both of you. I was leaning towards engineering but that just cemented it.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I would honestly suggest Tactical 10 over Engineering.

I seem to remember that to activate Engineering 10, you must have someone actually on the ship so the map is pulled up.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

mortons stork posted:

In the beginning we already had people who were mr 25 or whatever the cap was when they came out and we were decked out in all the nice gear from the time, probably didn't have anything close to maxed out operators because that systems had been somehwat recently expanded, and the same lovely amp you have.

With a team slowly figuring things out along the way, and having read the patch notes that came with the update to sort of know what to do, it wasn't so hard to take down a single first tier eidolon. Just took a little coordination because our amps sucked. then everyone started getting better amps and more eidolons happened and a meta formed.

You don't have to be dead weight just because you have either of the lowest amps, there are roles you can play and even with a team of pubs be able to take down probably two of the first tier eidolon per night. That'll be more than a decent start towards upgrading your spoiler gear and familiarizing yourself how the fights work and flow.

Some good frames to start off with are Harrow and Volt. All Harrow has to do, especially in a pub run, is to pop his 4 right as the dolon screams to unleash big magnetic waves, and all Volt has to do is plant shields around his party and close to the eidolon for operators to shoot through during a shield phase.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Goofy railjack names are the only good thing to come out of that godforsaken game mode.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Also, who cares about being dead weight.

As long as you are up front about what you are new or bad at, Goons won't mind. Pubs is you know, kind of a coinflip. But there are nice and helpful pubs too. Sometimes you'll ask and no-one will answer. It's just the flow of how busy people are and stuff. And how you phrase it a bit.

For Eidolons, just try the Teralyst only bounty if you are worried. Four dorks with mote amps could beat Teralyst, if they know lures exists and what they do.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Tylana posted:

Also, who cares about being dead weight.

As long as you are up front about what you are new or bad at, Goons won't mind. Pubs is you know, kind of a coinflip. But there are nice and helpful pubs too. Sometimes you'll ask and no-one will answer. It's just the flow of how busy people are and stuff. And how you phrase it a bit.

For Eidolons, just try the Teralyst only bounty if you are worried. Four dorks with mote amps could beat Teralyst, if they know lures exists and what they do.

Seriously, it's not that big a deal. Just ask and say you're new and probably everyone will be cool. Most people who run 'dolons don't do that crazy rear end "3x6 must have 1k caps as chroma" BS, Most vets for Eidolons can probably solo the things (or at least the first one) just fine. So ask in chat to tag along so you can build your starter amp. Watch one video on how to do the eidolon fights if you're really that concerned. You'll have enough to get past the mote amp in a single night probably.

E: It took me way too long to realize when it comes to anything in this game (and maybe life for that matter for most things) just say gently caress it and do it. You're gonna suck at it, but that's the way you learn it. Some pub curses you out, gently caress 'em. They'll also say you have a bad warframe for X when you're still outdamaging them and getting more points.

PirateDentist fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 15, 2020

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Just do like one night of scarlet spear and get enough cores to ditch your mote amp forever. After two nights of running spear, I'm sitting at 1200 sentient cores.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

mortons stork posted:

I've been getting a bunch of sentient cores from Scarlet Spear though, maybe that will be enough to bump me into that territory?
You need ~ 80 cores to get a tier 1 amp. You can get that from about an hour of scarlet spear or 1 trio eidolon hunt. Most people can solo eidolons and a limbo/mesa combo can duo 80% of spear. Just do it.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
What's a good Limbo build for Red Rocket?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

What's a good Limbo build for Red Rocket?

If you're on the ground, just pump duration and a pinch of range. If you're in space, same, but also bring a Mesa to kill Sentients who eventually ignore the rift (alternatively bring Frost to space instead).

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
You don't need that much duration for ground. Assuming you have the throughput of 4 oplinks, you only need 200% duration for a Limbo stasis to last the entire scan phase.

Nothing wrong with having a large range for ground, you only need to lock down grineer trash.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

PirateDentist posted:

Seriously, it's not that big a deal. Just ask and say you're new and probably everyone will be cool. Most people who run 'dolons don't do that crazy rear end "3x6 must have 1k caps as chroma" BS, Most vets for Eidolons can probably solo the things (or at least the first one) just fine. So ask in chat to tag along so you can build your starter amp. Watch one video on how to do the eidolon fights if you're really that concerned. You'll have enough to get past the mote amp in a single night probably.

E: It took me way too long to realize when it comes to anything in this game (and maybe life for that matter for most things) just say gently caress it and do it. You're gonna suck at it, but that's the way you learn it. Some pub curses you out, gently caress 'em. They'll also say you have a bad warframe for X when you're still outdamaging them and getting more points.

Ye I'd be fine just healing people up as Oberon or Trinity as I'm getting my feet under me, if others are fine with it too and you don't need a minmaxed squad to to the things.
I'll ask around, thanks for the nudge.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
I can't help but think Arcane Energize is a bit of a meme.
Energizing Dash is already really good at restoring your energy.
There's so many more useful arcanes out there...

Avenger for all around damage buff.
Awakening if you're using your sidearm.
Fury or Strike if you're mainly using your melee.
Rage for primaries.

I don't see its usefulness that much....

Also, Grace imho is also extremely overrated for everything except Inaros or Orb Hunter Chroma.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Energize works while you have channeled abilities on, energizing dash doesn't, energize gives you 150 extra energy on energy orbs pretty often even post nerf.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Sample_text posted:

I can't help but think Arcane Energize is a bit of a meme.
Energizing Dash is already really good at restoring your energy.
There's so many more useful arcanes out there...

Avenger for all around damage buff.
Awakening if you're using your sidearm.
Fury or Strike if you're mainly using your melee.
Rage for primaries.

I don't see its usefulness that much....

Also, Grace imho is also extremely overrated for everything except Inaros or Orb Hunter Chroma.

Energize enables some extremely goofy stuff from my experience. After getting it to Rank 5 i very rarely have to worry about energy on any frame unless i'm just standing still and spamming the 4 button.

Also spinning with Revenant for 10 minutes straight is pretty difficult without R5 Energize.

Is it necessary for every frame? No you can definitely live without it, but it makes the game a whole lot more fun.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Energize opens up some pretty hilarious build options. Especially with Dethcube (and Energy Generator) to support. Not having to slot Streamline, or being able to do dumb Blind Rage builds is pretty sweet. As can be being able to use other focus schools. :P

Admittedly most of this game is not so hard. So use whatever you like.

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

If it's broken, it's probably my fault

The Jumpoff posted:

Energize enables some extremely goofy stuff from my experience. After getting it to Rank 5 i very rarely have to worry about energy on any frame unless i'm just standing still and spamming the 4 button.

Also spinning with Revenant for 10 minutes straight is pretty difficult without R5 Energize.

Is it necessary for every frame? No you can definitely live without it, but it makes the game a whole lot more fun.

Yeah I've been building an Energize myself, it's now rank 3. Saw a world of different in Equinox.

I really need to grind more spear tbh, might make a point of getting a poo poo load of points at the weekend to try and get some of the big boy arcanes.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
In addition to not need efficiency as a stat anymore, energise also lets you escape from the must-play zenurik cycle which is also fun

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've mained zenurik for so long that finally having a R5 energize and trying to use naramon leaves me confused when a dash no longer has me guzzling ability juice

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Raptor1033 posted:

I've mained zenurik for so long that finally having a R5 energize and trying to use naramon leaves me confused when a dash no longer has me guzzling ability juice

One incredible basic question: The way you do the recharge dash is you go into spoiler mode, dash then back, right? And the reason I only ever see the charge rings is that everyone already has this internalized as a nerve reflex?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Basically, yes. But also ebcause of peer to peer updating rates and stuff.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

genericnick posted:

One incredible basic question: The way you do the recharge dash is you go into spoiler mode, dash then back, right? And the reason I only ever see the charge rings is that everyone already has this internalized as a nerve reflex?
Basically the game spawns a sphere around the endpoint of your dash (unless it is too short). Touching the sphere procs the regen period (unless you're channeling a draining ability). One thing to note is that only the last sphere's regen is active, so if you have a low rank dash and someone in the group has a max R5 you're better of avoiding the dash and using their spheres.

On very laggy hosts the game will frequently put the sphere behind you when your dash ends, so you might have to turn around and walk back into it to get the regen going.

Raptor1033 posted:

Same. 1800 hours of muscle memory die hard. I guess i'll eventually rebuild some of my frames around energize, but i'm so used to my dashing energy playstyle that i haven't even noticed the r0-r5 difference of my energize in the last few days.

Velocity razorwing blitz titania is wonderful tho.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 15, 2020

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I think I prefer Precision on Titania as you can headshot with Pixia. Razorwing is pretty fun in Index as it's a source of vacuum. :D

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

genericnick posted:

People above explained it but since I have the waybound that allows 5x dashes I'm using it for transit half the time anyway, so I always skip "dash backwards" step that ensures the sphere is always there.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
The zaw arcane that gives you 20 energy on heavy kill is also a nice source of energy. Doesn't replace Energize tho since it doesn't work with channeled abilities. Though I went back to using Contagion for this event.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Very same, I always assumed contagion was some boring rear end blob of goo you toss. Not a loving lance of light! What am I, a final fantasy dragoon all the sudden?!

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Raptor1033 posted:

People above explained it but since I have the waybound that allows 5x dashes I'm using it for transit half the time anyway, so I always skip "dash backwards" step that ensures the sphere is always there.

Indeed, I never used to bother with that, but ground spear is such a slog I started doing it. Finally my zenurik waybounds have purpose!

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I tend to run naramon on any frame that's going to be doing mostly melee and it's far less to think about, all you have to do is forget to energy dash.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Raptor1033 posted:

Very same, I always assumed contagion was some boring rear end blob of goo you toss. Not a loving lance of light! What am I, a final fantasy dragoon all the sudden?!

It's actually a copy of your melee weapon. Different zaws will get different projectile appearances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Apparently it just shows the zaw head unless you put on an alternate skin, then it shows the entire weapon. The one I'm using for Red Spear looks very much like a final fantasy weapon.