Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Opening up my island. It's raining if that's your thing.

Ali has a DIY recipe for a ironwood dresser. She's at the northern part of the island, the house on the right.

Abel's has hockey masks, samurai tops, punk wigs, curly mustaches.

Nooks has nothing.

Turnips are bad.

I'll be afk here and there.

Edit: I got a communication error. New dodo code is HV9YT

Thanks! You have a real lovely island, and it's real nice to have an Ironwood Dresser at last :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Thwomp posted:

Opening up my town for a bit because Deena is making Graves

https://twitter.com/matthewpandrews/status/1250431734467809295?s=21

She’s in the house on the very western side of the island at the end of the sidewalk.

Turnips are selling for crap. I’ve got windflowers, tulips, and mums for sale.

Dodo is JSP1R.

Huh, I found that recipe on the beach not 20 minutes ago. What a coincidence. I hadn't looked at it in the crafting menu yet so I didn't realize they are actual tombstones lol.

Time to make a spooky graveyard!!!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Uh okay, anyone have the problem with acpatterns where whatever tool you have selected, pencil/fill/dropper, just is constantly acting like you're holding down the left mouse button? Cause this bullshit just wasted the ~15 minutes I've been spending on this logo and I'm loving pissed at this trash editor, god loving damnit.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Thwomp posted:

Opening up my town for a bit because Deena is making Graves

https://twitter.com/matthewpandrews/status/1250431734467809295?s=21

She’s in the house on the very western side of the island at the end of the sidewalk.

Turnips are selling for crap. I’ve got windflowers, tulips, and mums for sale.

Dodo is JSP1R.

She stopped :sob:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

L0cke17 posted:

She stopped :sob:

WTF. Lame.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I'm trying to track down something for a friend - she's doing an Alice in Wonderland thing with her island and wants teacup rides. She has one with the purple teapot and primary color cups on a gold base. That's the same one I have. She's looking for other variants - I know they're out there. We can work out a trade of some kind I guess - I have a dark brown brick lighthouse, kind of a gray/green monster, yellow and seafoam phone box, white snack machine, red drink machine, construction sign with the mole on it.. not sure what else is a hot commodity that would be tradeable.

I’ve got the green/red/yellow teacup ride with the red base with blue/pink swirls. Definitely willing to send it y’alls way for a white snack machine and some other 2k miles thing. Does she possibly have a blue drink machine? Blue phone box, a pair of black street lamps, pink springy ride-on, blue benches and blue lifeguard chair are all on my wants list!

mareep fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 15, 2020

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

ALFbrot posted:

I have black and white checkerboard/dots/stripes. Just placed the order and will get back in touch tomorrow, I guess?

That would be great, thank you! Anything you're looking for that I can order?

redcheval posted:

I’ve got the green/red/yellow teacup ride with the red base with blue/pink swirls. Definitely willing to send it y’alls way for a white snack machine and some other 2k miles thing. Does she possibly have a blue drink machine? Blue phone box, a pair of black street lamps, pink springy ride-on, blue benches and blue lifeguard chair are all on my wants list!

I'm seeing what we can scrape together - I know we have the white snack machine. She also has: brown springy ride on, white tourist telescope, yellow phone box, blue and white cotton candy machine, White street lamps, green drink machine, red lifeguard stand

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 15, 2020

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Yes... yes... yes!!!.... Nooooo!!!!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

A friend of mine wanted me to post this!

Dodo code is D6YKN
Turnips 573

Please be respectful, she is not a goonette just looking for tips/donations and whatever else.

That Guy From Pearldiver
Apr 18, 2001

President and Sole Member of the Andre Braugher Appreciation Society

ALFbrot posted:

Turnips at 454 , dodo code 9H1BJ for the next 40 minutes or so or until I have to go

Please don't be a dick on my island thank you

Thank you. Left a tip behind you/your sign

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Ok, Cronut is closed for business! Thanks everybody for being respectful of our strict NO TIME TRAVEL policy and for not ripping the place up. Also, thanks for the tips! They weren't necessary, but are much appreciated

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Johnny Truant posted:

Customization question: if I customize items, they stay customized if/when I gift them to friends, correct?

The answer, of course, is that you can't gift them at all :v:

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Wilsonn12k posted:

That would be wonderful! Feel free to just dump/plant them anywhere. A few patches of roses can be found in the fenced area just to the right as you leave the airport, and some more to the north of that.

Dodo code is: GNMRY

Dropped and planted just outside your airport! I can't collect roses from you -- i need them planted for me. No matter though -- helping someone out on discord and they're hooking me up! enjoy the flowers!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i got a new hedgehog visitor today

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Argue posted:

The answer, of course, is that you can't gift them at all :v:

wait are you loving kidding me

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Ali has a DIY recipe for a ironwood dresser. She's at the northern part of the island, the house on the right.

Nooks has nothing.

Turnips are bad.

Edit: I got a communication error.

I got another error. I'll open up for another 30 min then close. Dodo code is 3PTH4

Why is ironwood stuff so popular anyways? Just wondering.

Wilsonn12k
May 2, 2013

Wilekat posted:

Dropped and planted just outside your airport! I can't collect roses from you -- i need them planted for me. No matter though -- helping someone out on discord and they're hooking me up! enjoy the flowers!

Yeah, I remembered shovel privelages were a thing almost immediately after you arrived, so I apologize. And of course, Nook’s just opened and had red and white.

Glad someone else has you covered though. And thank you for the flowers!

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I got another error. I'll open up for another 30 min then close. Dodo code is 3PTH4

The dresser in particular is an ingredient in the much-coveted kitchenette recipe that everyone gets in one of the DIY packs, so islands with the dresser and cutting board DIYs get blowed up.

New Leaf posted:

That would be great, thank you! Anything you're looking for that I can order?

I'm seeing what we can scrape together - I know we have the white snack machine. She also has: brown springy ride on, white tourist telescope, yellow phone box, blue and white cotton candy machine, White street lamps, green drink machine, red lifeguard stand

White snack machine and white tourist telescope would be perfect! Throwing in a white street lamp to make it an even 5k miles for the teacup thing would be awesome. I can order it post haste!

mareep fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 15, 2020

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

e: oops, double post

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

You have a lovely town, I love your little band area.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

New Leaf posted:

You have a lovely town, I love your little band area.
Thanks!! My town was so boring at first then I started going to other islands and saw what people were doing with elevating stuff etc. I was going to have an elevated restaurant area but the game only lets you make 8 inclines. This game has the weirdest limitations sometimes.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

if anybody wants it:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

redcheval posted:

White snack machine and white tourist telescope would be perfect! Throwing in a white street lamp to make it an even 5k miles for the teacup thing would be awesome. I can order it post haste!

That's perfect, we'll make it happen! We'll circle back tomorrow and figure out the details.

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Nooks has nothing.

Turnips are bad.

Edit: I got a communication error. New dodo code is HV9YT

Looks like this went down again. Any chance you'd bring it back up?

Thank you!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

if anybody wants it:

beautiful

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

Dodo code is D6YKN
Turnips 573

Please be respectful, she is not a goonette just looking for tips/donations and whatever else.

Holy poo poo please thank her for me, I only had time to drop a 100k tip before I left lol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Johnny Truant posted:

wait are you loving kidding me

NOPE! anything you customize with a design pattern like that can't be gifted to others or picked up by anybody else. Doing so even changes the leaf icon in your inventory to a more autumnal pale-green to remind you of that.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Strong winds and dark skies foretell that a storm is rolling in on my island...

...which is exactly what’s happening in real life. That’s a pretty neat coincidence.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

thanks! it's a little cramped on the drink machine, may try to retool it a lil in the future but it works for now

Argus Zant posted:

NOPE! anything you customize with a design pattern like that can't be gifted to others or picked up by anybody else. Doing so even changes the leaf icon in your inventory to a more autumnal pale-green to remind you of that.

that's so fuckin stupid :wtc:

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I'm trying now, but it says "getting interference."

Anyways, the ironwood dresser is the gateway item to the rest of the ironwood set. For instance, I have a handful of ironwood things but I can't create them without an ironwood dresser.

In the basic crafting set, it's like how "Wooden-Block Toy" is the gateway/required item for other Wooden-Block crafting items.

edit: it's working now, thank you much

The Sean fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 15, 2020

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Argus Zant posted:

To be clear, since the original question only mentioned customizing: this only applies to putting your own custom designs on something. The in-game alternatives (including all of the fabric patterns you get from sable) are fine and still let the item be handled like normal.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Johnny Truant posted:

that's so fuckin stupid :wtc:

I guess it prevents people from getting thousands of custom-pattern objects that it would have to keep track of in its unfortunately limited pattern storage

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Reopening my island while I got to do a work meeting. Pango now diy'ing a log bed.

If anyone would be willing to bring me cosmos seeds (especially red ones) or red lily seeds, I would greatly appreciate it. All fruit is available and up for grabs. May need to go to my orchard up behind Nooks to find something specifc.

Dodo: 2G1LN

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Dodo code is D6YKN
Turnips 573

She crashed, new code is LM8L0, we're east coast so better hurry before prices change!

Closed, thanks for being nice goons!

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 15, 2020

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I'll just stay open as long as I can. I'll be afk so if
there's an error code it'll stay closed. If you all have any rose seeds that would be much appreciated. I don't need any money!

DIY ironwood dresser. Dodo code is 3PTH4

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 15, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

runchild posted:

Strong winds and dark skies foretell that a storm is rolling in on my island...

...which is exactly what’s happening in real life. That’s a pretty neat coincidence.

I should have three inches of snow on the ground in-game today

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
okay so how do I get into this turnip exchange on the discord. Please explain as if I were an idiot, because I hardly ever use discord

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

New Leaf posted:

She crashed, new code is LMBL0, we're east coast so better hurry before prices change!

Did it crash again? Code doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer

ALFbrot posted:

I guess it prevents people from getting thousands of custom-pattern objects that it would have to keep track of in its unfortunately limited pattern storage

On the other hand, it would own to receive gifts that have been decorated by strangers.

On the other other hand, it's Nintendo