Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

Soooo any advances in Mafia Theory in the last 10 years?

Yeah typically scum have one of their own have a meltdown day 1 to make it more sporting for town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

Can’t believe we had someone admit to votefinder fuckery btw

The lowest form of cheating at mafia

Me?! I added my own new cool nickname!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Me?! I added my own new cool nickname!

##vote hockletock

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

kingcobweb posted:

Lie all the time has become a thing I think?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

This whole dementor thing seems like fake news to me. I mean, it says it's an "invasion" but also that they're surrounding Hogwarts which would be more like a siege if you ask me.

I suspect that Professor Sprout was actually killed by 5G and we should be looking for anyone posting from their smartphone.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Lie all the time has become a thing I think?

Oh yeah lie no matter alignment

The wilder your fakeclaim the more towny you are and the more indignant you get to be in deadchat about it

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

Dont vote lurkers because....

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Pussy Quipped posted:

Dont vote lurkers because....

Unless you're running the newly coined Amni Gambit.

Anyone want to claim lurker and then lunch the rest of the scum team?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Anyone want to claim miller and then lunch the rest of the scum team?

Mafia Edit

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Oh yeah lie no matter alignment

The wilder your fakeclaim the more towny you are and the more indignant you get to be in deadchat about it
I requested Dudley's Paradoxical Playstation as my role but I didn't get it :(

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
CapnAndy gambit.

##vote CapnAndy

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote hockletock

drat you.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I hope Hal and xopods are town so we can all kill the scums together this game :sparkles:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Will a tenterhooks vote go to Grandi?

##vote tenterhooks

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
##vote death eater

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Day 1 I propose we vote out the oldest reg date

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Day 1 I propose we vote out the oldest reg date

Alternatively, we should vote out the newest reg date.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Pussy Quipped posted:

Alternatively, we should vote out the newest reg date.

Looks like newest is me by a longshot.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I would like to wait until near deadline and then vote out somebody quiet on the grounds that they won’t be useful on days when we can make actual good decisions.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

CapnAndy gambit.

##vote CapnAndy

It's your funeral when he turns out to be some sort of Wizard Super Hero

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

I would like to wait until near deadline and then vote out somebody quiet on the grounds that they won’t be useful on days when we can make actual good decisions.

This radical plan will never catch on

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Amnistar posted:

Anyone want to claim lurker and then lunch the rest of the scum team?

this mf said lunch

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I think we should vote for the person who garnered the first serious vote and went awol

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

merk posted:

##vote Dexanath - completely ignored my HoN beta reference.

I want to vote you for bringing up HoN at all but

xopods posted:

This whole dementor thing seems like fake news to me. I mean, it says it's an "invasion" but also that they're surrounding Hogwarts which would be more like a siege if you ask me.

I suspect that Professor Sprout was actually killed by 5G and we should be looking for anyone posting from their smartphone.
I'd rather vote anyone who says "fake news" ever
##vote xopods

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Office Liger has been posting elsewhere in the last two hours, but has yet to respond to me calling him scummy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

kingcobweb posted:

this mf said lunch

We’re all tryna stray away from the word ‘lynch’

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

I think we should vote for the person who garnered the first serious vote and went awol

Really?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Scientastic posted:

Office Liger has been posting elsewhere in the last two hours, but has yet to respond to me calling him scummy.
You were being serious with that?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Yep, I still hate jokephase, I’ve found some scum, and it’s only been a few hours

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Let’s not lynch him literally now, but he’s definitely scum, I can feel it in my bones

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I say Friday evening the sooner Day 1 is over the better.

Scientastic thank you we now have a topic.

Here's another point - once Scientastic got serious Sandwolf and Capn Andy posted simultaneously replies questioning the validity of the suspicion!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

I say Friday evening the sooner Day 1 is over the better.

Scientastic thank you we now have a topic.

Here's another point - once Scientastic got serious Sandwolf and Capn Andy posted simultaneously replies questioning the validity of the suspicion!
I was gonna quote him and make a "scum coordination detected" joke but now it won't play right, thank you very much :mad:

If we're going to have serious conversation about this, though: Scientastic's accusation did not at all read serious to me, I thought it was a jokevote and don't blame Office Liger for ignoring it, and what is more likely here: that me and Sandwolf read a post, had the same reaction to it, typed up replies of similar length that took about the same time to write, and posted them at the same time, or that we're a scumteam who got together and made an actual plan of "okay let's write up the same post and post it together, are you ready, okay 3... 2... 1... HIT IT"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

if they have avatars turned off they're scum

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'm lost without Ecco here to betray anyone

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also i have been posting elsewhere in the wrestling forum because today wwe is essentially firing their entire main roster which is hyooge news and has been taking up most of my attention

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

CapnAndy posted:

I was gonna quote him and make a "scum coordination detected" joke but now it won't play right, thank you very much :mad:

If we're going to have serious conversation about this, though: Scientastic's accusation did not at all read serious to me, I thought it was a jokevote and don't blame Office Liger for ignoring it, and what is more likely here: that me and Sandwolf read a post, had the same reaction to it, typed up replies of similar length that took about the same time to write, and posted them at the same time, or that we're a scumteam who got together and made an actual plan of "okay let's write up the same post and post it together, are you ready, okay 3... 2... 1... HIT IT"

Yeah I didn't buy it but in my first post I wrote out "but that could change depending on how quickly he comes back" but then deleted it because I was curious how quickly he'd come back.

And there he is!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they fired a ref that had been there since the 80s

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

OFFICER LIGER posted:

if they have avatars turned off they're scum

I see your scum buddies advised you to start posting

Deadbeat Dad