Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Current gear:

I'm happy with most of it but I think I'd have wanted a corrosive Faisor for the second weapon. Or some other corrosive scoped assault rifle. Lob is great but I like more range.

Also got these in the backpack for further testing.

A lot of people swear by Q-system.

Magic 8-ball says "doubtful"

Katt fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Apr 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

This is event has made me realize that it's silly that loot backpacks 1) disappear after a short amount of time and 2) don't show up on the mini-map like legendaries do.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

After a kill I've seen backpacks drop and I get to open them, but I've also just seen them open on their own immediately following the kill. Is this just dictated by range?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Otacon posted:

After a kill I've seen backpacks drop and I get to open them, but I've also just seen them open on their own immediately following the kill. Is this just dictated by range?

I noticed the same thing. My guess was maybe time the character was active and running around? Kinda like an overstuffed pinata exploding.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Otacon posted:

I've seen the game do this when they die in terrain or on stairs to prevent the backpack from clipping through the terrain and being inaccessible.

Normally a loot tink might be something you see a few times a week so backups is a good idea I guess.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Is it possible that a stray bullet hit the backpack? Many container types can be meleed or shot open.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
When I kill them from behind they seem to consistently open, but from the front or with no splash they may drop the backpacks. ymmv

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
For some reason I keep getting the Woodblocker sniper rifle. In fact, I STILL keep getting sniper rifles all the time, but not a single Krakatoa so far :v:

I'm still working through the story for the first time, the Eden-6 stuff between arriving and the Jakob's mansion was good but now I'm being sent on dumb fetch quests and the 3rd swamp area in a row, this is getting super lame. The loot event is funny but it really emphasizes how tiny the backpack is in this game, I could run back to a vending machine every 5 minutes and that's after ignoring all the whites/greens (except rocket launchers). Also, the game keeps giving me these elemental stones since around level 25 (the lowest level requirement I've seen is 27 though) but I still haven't unlocked this slot.

The sound and music is really good IMO.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

orcane posted:

For some reason I keep getting the Woodblocker sniper rifle. In fact, I STILL keep getting sniper rifles all the time, but not a single Krakatoa so far :v:

I don't think I've gone more than 2-3 levels at a time before I get a higher level Krakatoa since getting my first at around level 15. I probably have 8 of them now and I just hit 35. Just gotta roll an alt now!

orcane posted:

Also, the game keeps giving me these elemental stones since around level 25 (the lowest level requirement I've seen is 27 though) but I still haven't unlocked this slot.

Yes, I didn't like this aspect. FWIW you'll unlock that slot (relatively) soon after helping Hammerlock.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Yeah, I found it pretty obnoxious that enemies start dropping COMs and relics long before you're able to equip them. What's the point of that?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
okay so I have all my prefered guns at lvl 57 with good anoints and I can absolutely rince M4 takedown, now if my main goal atm is to get guardian ranks would you say it's better to do stuff on M3 given I can just blast through anything with zero effort?

bringing up the map tells me M4 gives 100% exp while M3 claims to give 900% exp - however killing some easy boss like graveward tells me M4 still gives me more, about 40k at M3 and 54k at M4. am I missing something?

Martout fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 13, 2020

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Martout posted:

okay so I have all my prefered guns at lvl 57 with good anoints and I can absolutely rince M4 takedown, now if my main goal atm is to get guardian ranks would you say it's better to do stuff on M3 given I can just blast through anything with zero effort?

bringing up the map tells me M4 gives 100% exp while M3 claims to give 900% exp - however killing some easy boss like graveward tells me M4 still gives me more, about 40k at M3 and 54k at M4. am I missing something?

Probably M1 and just shred entire rooms at a time with hipfire.

That we're half a year into this game and M4 still drops the same quality gear as late game cooperation M0 is a disgrace. M1-2-3-4 should have been dropping incrementally higher quality level 57+ items.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Katt posted:

Probably M1 and just shred entire rooms at a time with hipfire.

That we're half a year into this game and M4 still drops the same quality gear as late game cooperation M0 is a disgrace. M1-2-3-4 should have been dropping incrementally higher quality level 57+ items.

what really, is the difference in exp gained between the mayhem levels not really doing that much of a difference?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
alright did some more testing and this is some bullshit

mayhem OFF, killing graveward nets 27k exp

mayhem 1, 30k. mayhem 2, 35. mayhem 3 40k, mayhem 4, 54k

gearbox that is not how percentages work!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Martout posted:

alright did some more testing and this is some bullshit

mayhem OFF, killing graveward nets 27k exp

mayhem 1, 30k. mayhem 2, 35. mayhem 3 40k, mayhem 4, 54k

gearbox that is not how percentages work!
e:Math!

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I think the single point of M+ is for the challenge/bigger chance at M0 gear but with anoints on top.

Even then in practise it probably falls behind M1 with just rapidly killing everything.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Martout posted:

Just :gearbox: things

Don't know if it's still true, but besides XP, M3 also used to give more money than M4.

There are a billion little oversights like this in this game.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I made 100 million yesterday in like 2 hours and used it to buy all my own relevant SDU upgrades and all the ones for a friend. What else do I use money for?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Use slot machines to get a few whites :v:

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Katt posted:

I made 100 million yesterday in like 2 hours and used it to buy all my own relevant SDU upgrades and all the ones for a friend. What else do I use money for?

Slot machines when they have a slot machine event.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
I'm looking for a purple annointed one shottin' shield, 50% damage to any element. If anyone has one hmu.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Does your current character class make a difference on item drops? Like if I want to farm Amara class mods, would it be better to play as Amara as more Amara-class specific mods would be dropping?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Listerine posted:

Does your current character class make a difference on item drops? Like if I want to farm Amara class mods, would it be better to play as Amara as more Amara-class specific mods would be dropping?

Pretty sure youre more likely to see mods, anoints and cosmetics for your current character.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Except they hosed it up with the DLC2 COMs. If you want Moze's, you need to farm with Flak. If you want Flak's, you need to farm with Moze. :suicide:

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

...! posted:

Except they hosed it up with the DLC2 COMs. If you want Moze's, you need to farm with Flak. If you want Flak's, you need to farm with Moze. :suicide:

Are you serious?!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Listerine posted:

Are you serious?!

Dude that's the state of the game. The Amara DLC2 com literally made you take more damage instead of giving you damage reduction. You know, something that would've been obvious with the least bit of playtesting. The game's littered with this kind of thing.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

...! posted:

First time I've seen the acronym COM. Is that just Class Mod?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Floppychop posted:

First time I've seen the acronym COM. Is that just Class Mod?

It's what Marcus called them in BL1. According to google, it's short for Class Optimization Modules.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Eh, now that the people working on the game know they were lied to about their bonuses, I absolutely would not be surprised if they were purposely sabotaging little poo poo like that purely out of spite.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

...! posted:

I noticed this but I thought at first it was tied to the legendary vending machine event, not that entire DLC.

At any rate they're both my mains so I imagined they were shopping for each other :3:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

:shepicide: fps so bad too many guns

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
After beating the game with my friends and going through the story again on TVHM and if there is one thing I can take away from the story it's this:

Talk to Lilith

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 16, 2020

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Is there a way to start TVHM with a different character? I've maxed out Amara and I'd like to go through again with FL4K just at my current level and whatnot

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

After beating the game with my friends and going through the story again on TVHM and if there is one thing I can take away from the story it's this:

Talk to Lilith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agvCE9y2erE

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I was getting bored on Eden-6 and decided to "quickly" do the Jack's Jackpot DLC. It's way larger/longer than I expected :eyepop:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

How long did you think it was going to be? :confused:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh I just thought it would be fewer or smaller maps, but I haven't done Borderlands DLC in ages and I must check out every corner of the map and do all the sidequests/challenges I come across :)

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Talk to Lilith

Wow you suffered through the story twice?

Good work, killer

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

I did the whole story twice too, when I got Amara to m4 and realized I don't actually enjoy being on fire at all times. I just read poo poo on my phone during the non-cutscenes. Getting to a real cutscene and being able to skip it felt like a small blessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Getting some serious decision paralysis on my first playthrough as Amara (lv 33). I did a Samsara build that was effective but not exceedingly fun, and I'm trying a Rush build now that is fun but not super effective. Is melee reasonable? If they could get melee viable I think it could be super fun.

E: And as I post that I get a +2 Samsara mod to drop, so it's back to that!

Poque fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 16, 2020