Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I saw Dexter Lumis blink, this gimmick is dead to me now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Woke up to over 20 new pages, what's going on...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Remember that Wrestlemania battle royale where they teased Sarah Logan winning and the live crowd actually seemed excited and into it for the moment? And then they had Carmella pop out from Jerry Lawler position and throw her out from behind?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/allinwithchris/status/1250595043976544256

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Has DeSantis been the most incompetent Governor in terms of his reactions to "the current circumstances"? Perhaps I'm simply more aware of it because of pro-wrestling, but as a non-American he seems to appear in news a lot more than others doing incredibly stupid things.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

In the background, the Monday Night RAW videoboard flashes with logos and colors. Standing in front, clad in a black tank-top, is the chairman and CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment, Vince McMahon, flexing his biceps in defiance. What a rotten man!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Has DeSantis been the most incompetent Governor in terms of his reactions to "the current circumstances"? Perhaps I'm simply more aware of it because of pro-wrestling, but as a non-American he seems to appear in news a lot more than others doing incredibly stupid things.

he's a big piece of poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

yea ok posted:

In the background, the Monday Night RAW videoboard flashes with logos and colors. Standing in front, clad in a black tank-top, is the chairman and CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment, Vince McMahon, flexing his biceps in defiance. What a rotten man!

If there is no God, we should invent one so it can invent Satan and then Vince can burn in hell when he dies.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

protect His visage

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

It's a tossup between him and Tate Reeves of Mississippi, who not only was equally lax about issuing a stay-at-home order but spent the week beforehand personally countermanding the orders various local counties had issued because Mississippi was better than "dictatorship models like China"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The absolute stones of them to run (the first! part!) of a HHH Appreciation Night to cap off this week is amazing.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

so i guess this is the final official tally of main roster releases today, according to the main website. this should probably be placed in the OP.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

He's a loving monster just like all the Republican governors who would prefer to ignore the whole thing but Cuomo completely bungled the New York response and has a ton of blood on his hands

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

OFFICER LIGER posted:

so i guess this is the final official tally of main roster releases today, according to the main website. this should probably be placed in the OP.

Expect more after NXT and before Smackdown.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

OFFICER LIGER posted:

geez, truly a sad day

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Evil Badman posted:

Expect more after NXT and before Smackdown.

I shouldn't be surprised but it really is disgusting that WWE is more likely than not to be waiting to use some of these people for one last show before telling them they're fired.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Jerusalem posted:

I shouldn't be surprised but it really is disgusting that WWE is more likely than not to be waiting to use some of these people for one last show before telling them they're fired.

"Wierd vinceflex, but ok."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kassius Ohno is on their Alumni page

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

South Dakota's Gov. Noem has been very, very bad. Over 1,000 new cases since April 1st, she won't institute social distancing, and for bonus points one of the largest pork processing plants in the US just had to shut down because 300 workers got coronavirus. This represents around 5% of the nation's pork processing capacity. Fortunately I stocked up on bacon.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

OFFICER LIGER posted:

geez i don't think i even noticed sarah logan here, what the hell

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Jerusalem posted:

He was plucked from obscurity by Trump and barely won. Hes pretty much as incompetent as you would expect from his performance so far.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

geez i don't think i even noticed sarah logan here, what the hell

This last month of her career must have been so baffling for her. She gets booked into an angle with Liv and a returning Ruby that looks set to play on their status as a stable but then Shayna just effortlessly beats all of them in the PPV match without any of them ever touching each other, then gets her elbow stomped by Shayna in a match she is declared the winner of before the result just gets randomly overturned, then she gets fired.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Thanlis posted:

South Dakota's Gov. Noem has been very, very bad. Over 1,000 new cases since April 1st, she won't institute social distancing, and for bonus points one of the largest pork processing plants in the US just had to shut down because 300 workers got coronavirus. This represents around 5% of the nation's pork processing capacity. Fortunately I stocked up on bacon.

Jesus those are insane numbers considering the population density

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I was crying while I made this

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Davros1 posted:

Kassius Ohno is on their Alumni page

oh no :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wasn't Ohno effectively just working as an unofficial archivist/historian taking advantage of access to their tape libraries between his sporadic wrestling appearances?

Shinjobi posted:

It's beautiful :shobon:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jerusalem posted:

It's beautiful :shobon:

Just promise the probe will be quick and painless

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

thank you for your painting of mister peterman from the signfield show.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ohno's been on their Alumni page for over 20 minutes now, if it's an error it's one they haven't noticed for a lot longer than they usually let those kinds of errors go for

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

Quote this post if you think Vince McMahon should burn in hell.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Don't forget about Georgia's dumbass governor coming out and saying he didn't know asymptomatic people could spread covid like two weeks ago.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

If there is no God, we should invent one so it can invent Satan and then Vince can burn in hell when he dies.

Dude you are talking my language.

What do you think was the best overall episode of Raw or Smackdown. The thing is when I think of episodes with good storylines it was in a time period when the wrestling sucked. And when the wrestling was great I didn't enjoy the storylines.

I'm betting it's from somewhere between 2000 and 2001.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Don't forget about Georgia's dumbass governor coming out and saying he didn't know asymptomatic people could spread covid like two weeks ago.

They know less about Covid than Meltzer's daughter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Greatest ever episode of Smackdown was the Halloween Special in 2002.

That's also the episode that features Eric Bischoff putting on a Vince McMahon mask then making out with Stephanie.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Greatest ever episode of Smackdown was the Halloween Special in 2002.

That's also the episode that features Eric Bischoff putting on a Vince McMahon mask then making out with Stephanie.

I swear to god Stone turning heel in 2001 was when I turned the corner and WWE lost my trust in their storytelling ability and the years after that are just littered with baffling tv moments like this. Or like that time Vince beat up Stephanie. Or the un-Americans poo poo. Or Vince vs God.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

6*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh right, I forgot, NXT was on tonight.

NXT Results 4/15:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Finn Balor defeated Fabian Aichner in a singles match despite interference from Marcel Barthel.
  • Charlotte Flair did a pretaped promo and offered Mia Yim a title shot for the NXT Women's Championship.
  • Xia Lee defeated Aliyah in a singles match.
  • Akira Tozawa defeated Isaiah "Swerve" Scott in a Groub B match in the Cruiserweight Championship tournament.
  • A video package aired for El Hijo del Fantasma (also known as King Cuerno in Lucha Underground) who will be debuting soon.
  • Tegan Nox defeated Raquel Gonzalez in a singles match despite interference from Dakota Kai.
  • A video on Keith Lee's life/career so far aired.
  • Dexter Lumis defeated Tehuti Miles in a singles match.
  • NXT Champion Adam Cole did another poolside promo taking shots at Velveteen Dream.
  • Finn Balor interrupted Velveteen Dream's in-ring response and challenged him to a match next week.
  • Next week in the Cruiserweight Championship Tournament, El Hijo del Fantasma debuts against Jack Gallagher, KUSHIDA faces Tony Nese and Drake Maverick (who was fired today) faces Jake Atlas.
  • Malcolm Bivens demanded tag match opponents for his new team Idus Sher.
  • Timothy Thatcher & Matt Riddle (C) defeated Undisputed Era to retain the NXT Tag Team Titles. Thatcher is Pete Dunne's temporary replacement.
  • Tommaso Ciampa did a promo to acknowledge he was beaten by Johnny Gargano and this was the end of their interactions going forward.
  • Killer Kross attacked Ciampa to end the show.
  • Link to the one poster who apparently watched NXT this week

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 16, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ThroughMyKyes/status/1250610458240995334

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Oh right, I forgot, NXT was on tonight.

NXT Results 4/15:
  • No links to discussion of the show because there wasn't a single post in any thread about it up to this point.

lol

As it should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shard posted:

Dude you are talking my language.

What do you think was the best overall episode of Raw or Smackdown. The thing is when I think of episodes with good storylines it was in a time period when the wrestling sucked. And when the wrestling was great I didn't enjoy the storylines.

I'm betting it's from somewhere between 2000 and 2001.

That one episode of Smackdown where the Shield get forced into a handicapped match against the entire heel roster, so they spend the episode taking out everyone they can backstage.