Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'll "Carry on" not watching him hahaha

e; ah gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm legit surprised the cruiserweight geeks are still around

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Tommaso Ciampa did a promo to acknowledge he was beaten by Johnny Gargano and this was the end of their interactions going forward.

beaten by minor league johnny. shameful

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

• Timothy Thatcher & Matt Riddle (C) defeated Undisputed Era to retain the NXT Tag Team Titles. Thatcher is Pete Dunne's temporary replacement.

I was trying to remember what Pete Dunne was up to the other day. Injured or stuck in the UK, I guess.

OFFICER LIGER posted:

so i guess this is the final official tally of main roster releases today, according to the main website. this should probably be placed in the OP.

It belongs in a museum!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Thanlis posted:

South Dakota's Gov. Noem has been very, very bad. Over 1,000 new cases since April 1st, she won't institute social distancing, and for bonus points one of the largest pork processing plants in the US just had to shut down because 300 workers got coronavirus. This represents around 5% of the nation's pork processing capacity. Fortunately I stocked up on bacon.
Yeah, I immediately thought of her. The race for Worst Republican Governor is a tight one but she's putting in quite the home stretch performance.

Also burn in hell, Vince, I'm glad I didn't bother to resub for Wrestlemania.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Lies, I was posting about NXT.

Mostly about Dexter Lumis and about being reminded Tozawa was a cruiserweight champion.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I know the answer but Jesus Christ, why!?!

Blaise330 posted:

Lies, I was posting about NXT.

Mostly about Dexter Lumis and about being reminded Tozawa was a cruiserweight champion.

I missed that!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Good ol Vulture Kross

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Sad that they didn't address the kidnapping ninjas but happy they didn't have Drake out there wrestling this week with literal tears rolling down his face.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I guess nobody knew what carrion meant when they decided on that

Good ol' Korpse Kross

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he's karrion kross because when he goes to the main roster and vince sees scarlett, he's dead meat

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

OFFICER LIGER posted:

he's karrion kross because when he goes to the main roster and vince sees scarlett, he's dead meat

He’ll be Kuck Kross then

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Killer Karrion Kross
Glad HHH didnt named him Iron Kross

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Hi ho the Karrion Kro
Folderolderiddle
Hi ho the Karrion Kro
Bow and bend to me

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Karrion Krossing is my favorite Donkey Kong Country level.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Zeta Acosta posted:

Killer Karrion Kross
Glad HHH didnt named him Iron Kross

:drat:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Karrion on my wayward son
For there'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cuts haven't stopped by the way, they're just happening for non-Raw/SD people right now. Per PWInsider and Casey from SquaredCircleSirens:

Josiah Williams, Dan Matha and MJ Jenkins from the Performance Center
Spanish announcer Jerry Soto
Trainer Ace Steel
Coaches Serena Deeb and Kendo Kashin

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RealMJJenkins_/status/1250559420158918661

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I wonder if Xavier will have to change things on UUDD - especially the battle of the brands - due to all the releases.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

I wonder if Xavier will have to change things on UUDD - especially the battle of the brands - due to all the releases.

probably not until they debut on aew.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
VALORANT tournament on Up Up Down Down. Team Released vs Team Won't Be Trying To Find A Job During A Global Pandemic. Ends with a speech from Seth Rollins to everyone about how these releases are hurting everyone equally.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
How would unionizing have made a difference with today's releases?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Doing the Vince flex myself and cackling after every release. Glad J-Ru is on point probating the haters. Sorry you dipshits don’t get it, you don’t become the #1 pro wrestling company in history without breaking a few eggs and clearing out the dead wood. Those laid off losers can go sell some lovely shirts on PWT.

Just renewed my WWE sub in appreciation of the testicular fortitude of Vince, Linda, Trump. My stocks are back on the rise, GIMME A HELL YEAH!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1250614974608793600

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Well, that was a poo poo day at work. Guess I'll head over to PSP and see if...

yep, guess so.

https://twitter.com/WWEMaverick/status/1250493936185102339

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1250496072545263616

Is this it? Have we reached the bottom?

No, no. Probably not.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tato posted:

Doing the Vince flex myself and cackling after every release. Glad J-Ru is on point probating the haters. Sorry you dipshits don’t get it, you don’t become the #1 pro wrestling company in history without breaking a few eggs and clearing out the dead wood. Those laid off losers can go sell some lovely shirts on PWT.

Just renewed my WWE sub in appreciation of the testicular fortitude of Vince, Linda, Trump. My stocks are back on the rise, GIMME A HELL YEAH!

Banjo!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Is this it? Have we reached the bottom?

No, no. Probably not.

We still get Network subs numbers next Thursday, so yeah WWE still has lower to go technically

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Won't the subscriber numbers be artificially inflated by the fact that they recently sent a "here's three free months" email to anyone who would listen?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Presumably it would help in getting “actual employee” status, as opposed to the contractor nonsense, which brings some protections. NDT people getting the full 90 days pay instead of 30.

Also could probably negotiate for at least doing taped shows during this time instead of live empty shows that require a bunch of people constantly flying and basically being in perma-quarantine.

Even if you aren’t negotiating specific points, a strong union forces employers to be more mindful of how they treat employees, because they can suffer actual pushback.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Erebus posted:

Won't the subscriber numbers be artificially inflated by the fact that they recently sent a "here's three free months" email to anyone who would listen?

No one cares at this point, even the dunces on Wall Street are wise to that grift. They fired all the Network champions and are looking to put the PPV genie back in the bottle (impossible) or have another streaming service pay to have the new PPVs (no one was interested in this even before Corona hit).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1250630851869716480?s=21

Erebus posted:

Free trials have been passed out to anyone who'd listen like candy for consistent months for years now. 2019 still ended with less than a million paid subs in the United States. That was before firing the last people who cared about the Network, before crawling back to PPV, and before coronavirus crippled remaining interest in the product (which is already visibly having effects in stuff like lower-viewed Raws than ever because few enjoy seeing fake-wrestling in front of nobody)

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Take Disney as an example; they were able to furlough their non-union employees immediately, but had to negotiate with the unionized employees and the union wound up with more favorable terms.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Drake's "this cruiserweight tournament will be my redemption, it means the WORLD to me, I'm so grateful for this opportunity" video coming like 3 days before the "I just got fired" one is so... oof. Reminds me of years ago when I spent months looking for a job, got it, was on top of the world cause life is finally turning around, then I get hurt before day 1 of the job and have to quit while also having new medical bills. It just stings extra bad when you spend forever waiting for that big good news you've been anticipating for so long, you get it, then something happens to put you in a worse position than you started off in.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

Drake's "this cruiserweight tournament will be my redemption, it means the WORLD to me, I'm so grateful for this opportunity" video coming like 3 days before the "I just got fired" one is so... oof. Reminds me of years ago when I spent months looking for a job, got it, was on top of the world cause life is finally turning around, then I get hurt before day 1 of the job and have to quit while also having new medical bills. It just stings extra bad when you spend forever waiting for that big good news you've been anticipating for so long, you get it, then something happens to put you in a worse position than you started off in.

I got hired to be general manager of a chain ramen restaurant in austin which would have paid high five figures full bennies and 401k. The day they flew me in to Colorado for training they suddenly pulled the plug on all of their Texas branches.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm shocked the entire Largo loop hasn't been let go yet

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

all main roster talent released today are under 90 day non competes until july 15th

https://heelbynature.com/wrestling-...nd-for-30-days/

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 16, 2020

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I woulda went with Karkass Kross

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

JUNGLE BOY posted:

all main roster talent released today are under 90 day non competes until july 15th

https://heelbynature.com/wrestling-...nd-for-30-days/

For fucks sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm shocked the entire Largo loop hasn't been let go yet

Probably just a matter of time, the few NXT cuts we know of were randos who never made TV

I doubt we'll see many surprise cuts at this point, the main roster had a consistent theme of people who either weren't being used or were already wanting out and happy to take the buyout money (it's no coincidence that Lio Rush was one of the first people named). Maybe we'll get a couple of people who regret signing and can't buy any TV time (looking at you, KUSHIDA), but for the most part it'll be about who we expect, which is people most of us have never heard of.

Benne fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 16, 2020