Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Tae posted:

It's not just twitch, their reddit massively hate it.

If anything, this just makes me like this Nomura bullshit even more. Not out of spite, but because of what the anti-retcon ghosts represent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Lol at people who think this is solely on Nomura, the eternal scapegoat.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

Lol at people who think this is solely on Nomura, the eternal scapegoat.

I mean to be fair the things people are getting mad about are things Nomura loves putting in his games so I imagine he is a big part of it. That said it's all done so well here I'm like, who could reasonably care, it loving owns.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Watching Liam play RE3 and not ever using the map is giving me so much anxiety. It's nice that he and Matt are doing something again but come on just look at the maaaap.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Patware posted:

i feel bad but i have enjoyed like 5% of minh

the time woolie loads up 20XX and the video stops DEAD as woolie tries and fails to explain 'X-ty X' for what feels like ten minutes said it all

Not rip into him personally, but Minh sort of represents everything that drove me nuts about those kind of early Youtube LPs. Like, despite constantly talking, he rarely ever talks about the game, and his jokes are awful. When he's in control, the camera is never pointed at something interesting. He could be playing FF7 and during Aeris' death scene, the camera is pointed at a nearby ceramic pot that he says looks weird while Woolie would be like "Minh, stop looking at the pot, look at Aeris." Then he turns back and Aeris is dead and Minh's just saying "Wait, what happened? How'd she die?" Then there is him trying to play a different game than what he's actually playing. The only part of the Vanquish LP I watched was like 11 seconds where he's trying to melee jetpack troopers, and is missing instead of just shooting them.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Minh has been getting better, I think he's pretty good on Dokapon. He's pretty earnest in his awkward energy so he's grown on me, but he works better when Reggie is also around so Woolie and him drive the conversation.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love bugs like this, harmless but weird

https://clips.twitch.tv/MiniatureChillyGerbilDerp

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Dias posted:

Minh has been getting better, I think he's pretty good on Dokapon. He's pretty earnest in his awkward energy so he's grown on me, but he works better when Reggie is also around so Woolie and him drive the conversation.

Yeah, I find Minh likeable. I just tend to not get far into videos where it's just him and Woolie.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
I hope Woolie goes through with his idea to play HL2 on 360 just to spite everyone telling him to play vanilla or MMod.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Plan Z posted:

Not rip into him personally, but Minh sort of represents everything that drove me nuts about those kind of early Youtube LPs. Like, despite constantly talking, he rarely ever talks about the game, and his jokes are awful. When he's in control, the camera is never pointed at something interesting. He could be playing FF7 and during Aeris' death scene, the camera is pointed at a nearby ceramic pot that he says looks weird while Woolie would be like "Minh, stop looking at the pot, look at Aeris." Then he turns back and Aeris is dead and Minh's just saying "Wait, what happened? How'd she die?" Then there is him trying to play a different game than what he's actually playing. The only part of the Vanquish LP I watched was like 11 seconds where he's trying to melee jetpack troopers, and is missing instead of just shooting them.

Yeah, this. I was excited for the Vanquish LP, but Minh just isn't that fun to watch play. In multiplayer LPs, he's a good foil for Woolie, but that's about it.

It doesn't help Minh that besides Reggie getting better with every series, Eyepatch Wolf and Little V have been on the channel and work much better with Woolie than he does.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
rip, hope it's not covid

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 16, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Why can't Little V get tested?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

so the number go down

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The FF7 ghosts are very silly but what they represent rules

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

The FF7 ghosts are very silly but what they represent rules

I'm gonna have to go Offline until I get to this part in the game before someone blurts it out like my friend did with Aeris when I was a kid.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Plan Z posted:

I'm gonna have to go Offline until I get to this part in the game before someone blurts it out like my friend did with Aeris when I was a kid.

It's reached some GoT levels of all but spelled out spoilers by now.

2020, so hosed up people are managing to spoil a remake of a 23 year-old game.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Final fantasy remake? Nah. Final fantasy rebuild

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Snape kills Aeris

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Dias posted:

It's reached some GoT levels of all but spelled out spoilers by now.

2020, so hosed up people are managing to spoil a remake of a 23 year-old game.

Huh? I thought the idea is that the ghosts are some grand new plot thing and I just haven't gotten to a reveal yet.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Plan Z posted:

Huh? I thought the idea is that the ghosts are some grand new plot thing and I just haven't gotten to a reveal yet.

The fact that you are not spoiling a 23 year old game is, pradoxically, a spoiler of a less than a month old game.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I need more than one day off a week.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Huh, and here I was thinking that the ghosts where just them making the Lifestream more important in some way.

Watch your tone, I haven't played the game so I don't know if I'm spoiling anything.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, those are already spoilers and poo poo. It's whatever because it's an open secret that FF7R is a Rebuild by now, I just think it's funny that people are dancing around it while still making it incredibly clear what's happening.

Like, I'm spoiling that but if you think about it it's obvious what they did.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i won't say anything but i think the new ff7r is cool + good all the way through and i cant wait to watch pat finish it. hurry up pat

he's streaming it right now but had to go help paige with something

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 16, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the ff7r streams pat has done are incredible and then paige shows up and things go a level further beyond with some serious new lore

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/588446076?filter=archives&sort=time

pat proposed to her on their second date, hilarious :allears:

I mean, he was right since they're perfect for each other, but lol

Edit: everything to do with the lead up to the airbuster fight is the loving best. Well, once in the reactor itself, anyways. I know of games that have you loving around with the boss before fighting it to weaken/change it but I love the way they do it here.

Wasn't airbuster a notoriously hard boss in the original? Like one of those brick wall types?

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 17, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Unit24 posted:

I hope Woolie goes through with his idea to play HL2 on 360 just to spite everyone telling him to play vanilla or MMod.

The Woolie Way™

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Oxyclean posted:

The Woolie Way™

I'll be happy as long as those MMod people aren't. It's so weird how many people are suddenly claiming that HL2 isn't fun without it, or that it's just a straight upgrade and there's no reason not to use it. From what I've seen, it does cool stuff to try to make combat feel more fluid and impactful, but some of its effects seem a bit over the top, and it oversaturates the game's color scheme in a way that looks godawful.

Frankly, I don't see why anybody would be opposed to Woolie playing vanilla so he can see the game as it was originally intended (or at least as close as it gets post orange box).

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I just thought the Xbox version would be a bit much. :v: But Yeah, I kinda feel like vanilla would be the way to go for anyone fresh to the series. MMOD straight up does some weird stuff right? Like you can pull the tau off the buggy?

There's plenty of moments in Black Mesa that distort the original, and I have no idea if Woolie realizes that (like I want to say he commented on the segment where you manually load the TOW rocket as being an "old game thing" and I wasn't sure if he means Source Engine old or HL1 old. Not that it matters a ton?) I feel like MMOD would kinda be a needless distortion.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Yeah you can pull the tau off the buggy and also carry combine turrets with you.

Also, the 360 version is actually a pretty decent port. I beat HL2 and the episodes on it with no real problems.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This. Is. The. Best. LP. Ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VVRWuY-WFQ&t=1180s

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

It's not a good HL2 LP if you're not kicking the boat the entire way to Ravenholm.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh god Woolie is going full mind goblins in this Black Mesa segment.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Weird how much people in the chat are pushing Woolie to play the MMod version of Half Life 2 for his first playthrough. Just what Woolie needs to wade through with his hosed up control scheme and lack of talent for aiming - lens dirt, chromatic abberation, film grain, head sway, massive recoil.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

woolie should instead play with a combination ddr pad and donkey kong bongos to spite them

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

a cartoon duck posted:

woolie should instead play with a combination ddr pad and donkey kong bongos to spite them

:hmmyes:

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
might help his aim a bit

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Please, that's only his arms and legs tied up, he also needs a head tracker.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Unit24 posted:

:sickos:

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 18, 2020

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

That's honestly proably the best way for him to play the games since he really wants to use a controller. Can't wait for everyone to be mad in chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Woolie abouta become a full-time console TF2 streamer