Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
yeah, it really help me by changing it so shift is run instead of pressing W constantly

sorry, I though you said it removed bad taps :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

kirbysuperstar posted:

Control is more like Psi-Ops by way of X-Files and the SCP wiki

I bought Control for $30 using the coupon and do not regret it. This is a perfect description for the game. The setting and story woven into the game is really cool so far. Plus ripping up chunks of concrete to throw at your enemies really does not get old.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Fallom posted:

I've been curious about Fallout 76 for a while but Bethesda has stubbornly refused to offer any decent sales in the US and I don't care nearly enough to set up a VPN so I can get the $13 EMEA/AUS/NZ key.

Seems weird for it to launch at $40 on Steam after all this time.

This is from a few pages ago but it went on sale last e3 and around Thanksgiving for $25. That's when I picked it up and I'd say it's about worth that.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

explosivo posted:

I bought Control for $30 using the coupon and do not regret it. This is a perfect description for the game. The setting and story woven into the game is really cool so far. Plus ripping up chunks of concrete to throw at your enemies really does not get old.

I haven't played it yet, but watching a review it was the telekinesis that made me buy it. It's so chunky the way you smash enemies.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Apr 16, 2020

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
It's buckwild to me that steam leaderboards still can't handle anything beyond a 32-bit integer. I love Demon's Tilt but it really blows the way you have to tab over to a separate leaderboard from the main leaderboard to see the actual highest scores. All the ingame scores cap out at around 2.45 billion on the main leaderboard, but there's no cap on the billions board which reports scores as like "174.5 billion" or w/e. This is a secondary leaderboard tho and has a weird knock-on effect where, because my top scores in each mode are past the 32 bit max integer limit, it won't display the actual world record holder for a given mode in the world record holder slot unless I hold the WR at the moment.

It seems to grab the top score on the normal-rear end leaderboard which is like 2.45 billion, because once i pass that point, it just displays my top score from the local leaderboard even if I'm not the WR holder at that point. This blows because I'm mostly playing the game to defend/recapture WRs now and it means that I can't see the other person's score when I'm working towards it. This extra extra blows for me because I have dyscalculia and numbers fall out of my head the second I can't see them.

Sumac fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 16, 2020

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
I don't think other pinball games on Steam, which also have ridiculous score numbers, have this problem? I am horrible at every other pinball game (including IRL pinball) that isn't demon's tilt tho so I wouldn't know if this is an issue there.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Huh, Dawn of War 3 for $8

... well now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Darkrenown posted:

I haven't played it yet, but watching a review it was the telekinesis that made me buy it. It's so chunky the way you smash enemies.

Yup, absolutely. The gunplay is so-so, I highly recommend just pumping everything you get into making your TK throw stronger. You can pick up bigger objects the more points you dump into it which makes it even better. I'm still only a couple hours in but I'm pretty smitten by the story as well. I almost never go out of my way to read documents and extra story bits in games if I don't have to but I'm searching every nook and cranny to find all the documents.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Where can I get this $10 EGS coupon? Control sounds cool.

El Spamo posted:

... well now.

I would suggest playing a better game, like Dawn of War 1 or Dawn of War 2 or their many non soulstorm expansions.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 16, 2020

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hell, even Soulstorm because of the mods...

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

El Spamo posted:

... well now.

It's not worth $8

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Deformed Church posted:

Where can I get this $10 EGS coupon? Control sounds cool.

If you logged in during the Xmas sale you got one automatically, and each time you used your coupon during the sale you got another one. I think they expire soon though.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
I did play those, and enjoyed them a lot. Way back when you could still buy games on CD! I think I even still have them lying around somewhere...

But those games are >$10 at the moment. What was the big issue with DoW 3? Based on the steam reviews the multiplayer aspect doesn't exist, but since I rarely play multiplayer (especially never for RTSs) then maybe an $8 romp down warhammer lane might take the edge of some boring afternoon concalls.

edit: If it's really a broken mess then I'll just go back to X4

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

repiv posted:

If you logged in during the Xmas sale you got one automatically, and each time you used your coupon during the sale you got another one. I think they expire soon though.
Ooooh. I knew that annoying American date formats would come back to bite me at some point. I thought it was expires as of fifth of January, not first of May. Looks like I've got one myself, then.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

i've said it before and i'll say it again, if it'd get me bloodborne on pc i'd kill and eat everyone in this thread

Ya I have ps4 and played it already once but the performance is weak even on a pro. And ps4 doesn't support 21:9 so you have to play all the games with black box around or stretch it.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
new narrative game from the devs of 1979 Revolution: Black Friday, cool. kinda wish they'd stuck to real-world history/issues though

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1224480/Fire_Escape/

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

repiv posted:

They expire May 1st but the sale ends today I think.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If you haven’t played outer wilds (NOT outer worlds) you should spend your coupon on that before anything else, it was GOTY

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
*plucks banjo, transcendentally*

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Welp looks like the sale just ended, the Spring Sale page is still up but I think all the prices are back to normal. Xmas coupons can still be used though.

Buy The Outer Wilds (not worlds) anyway it's fantastic.

repiv fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 16, 2020

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

drkeiscool posted:

drat, what's the new Bad Rats these days? i've gotta get a comedy gag game for someone

Witcher 3

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

If it makes anyone feel any better, Outer Wilds wasn't eligible for the coupon anyway. I still have my coupon..

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Outer Wilds is coming to steam in two months. If you've waited this long you can probably wait until then.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

You can customize your food truck now in Cook Serve Delicious 3!!!

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Does it have any gameplay effect or completely cosmetic?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Lakitu7 posted:

Does it have any gameplay effect or completely cosmetic?

Completely cosmetic. You can unlock new items by completing levels.

BUT the patch also came with 30+ new levels, a new kind of food truck attack, and other stuff.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Okay, thanks. I'd been wondering about that since they announced it. I won't see new levels for a while; I'm still in the second set. It's a long game!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Lakitu7 posted:

Okay, thanks. I'd been wondering about that since they announced it. I won't see new levels for a while; I'm still in the second set. It's a long game!

It is! I have over 40 hours in it and I don't replay levels after I gold them. I love it so much :D

e: I love the hazmat suit customers in New New Orleans

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Which entry should someone start “Cook Serve Delicious” from? My partner loves the Overcooked series, it’s basically the only game she plays, so I would like to get her one of these to try. And it seems like the art gets an upgrade from 1 to 2, which would make it more appealing to her, but if the difficulty wall goes up substantially that may be offputting.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

Which entry should someone start “Cook Serve Delicious” from? My partner loves the Overcooked series, it’s basically the only game she plays, so I would like to get her one of these to try. And it seems like the art gets an upgrade from 1 to 2, which would make it more appealing to her, but if the difficulty wall goes up substantially that may be offputting.

She wants 1 to start. Or 3. 2 is REALLY hard and has almost no guidance.

1 is more of a management rpg thing where you learn how to run your restaurant, level up, and get better.

2 is a mess, I didn't like it.

3 is fast-fast-fast and lots of fun but it's more of a rhythm game as you choose your foods and then meet the challenges.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah 1 is definitely the place to start imo. They do a very good job of gradually ramping up the complexity of dishes while letting you upgrade stuff along the way while you get a feel for the mechanics. 2 was fine but a bit disjointed and maybe a little too aimless, 3 is great but changes the formula up quite a bit. I stopped playing 3 for a bit because he keeps updating the game and adding new stuff but I might try getting back into it since these updates sound very good.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

As a follow up question, if you know: does the game have an auto-pause feature if your controller disconnects? I need to pick up an active USB extension cable to get our gamepads to read 100% of the time and don’t have one presently, so occasional disconnects are a certainty.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

As a follow up question, if you know: does the game have an auto-pause feature if your controller disconnects? I need to pick up an active USB extension cable to get our gamepads to read 100% of the time and don’t have one presently, so occasional disconnects are a certainty.

CSD 1 requires a keyboard. The other two are controller compatible. IIRC.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Ah, that puts CSD 1 right out then.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

drkeiscool posted:

drat, what's the new Bad Rats these days? i've gotta get a comedy gag game for someone

Genital Jousting? I just noticed the discount. Nice

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Anyone got opinions on For The King as a couch co-op title?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i feel like i remember cook serve delicious 1 having controller support. the store page lists full support.

e:

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 16, 2020

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Artelier posted:

If it makes anyone feel any better, Outer Wilds wasn't eligible for the coupon anyway. I still have my coupon..

It is again now that its price is back over the threshold though.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I've got a small handful of TF2 skins from way back when that I'm looking to unload. Is it worth it to just use the Steam Marketplace, or is there some third party site that would offer a better deal?

I'm talking maybe a hundred bucks' worth, but a hundred bucks that'd be happier in my wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Coupon expires 1st of May