Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Gort posted:

Anyone got opinions on For The King as a couch co-op title?

It's gonna be free on the Epic store next week, if that's something that piques yr interest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Catzilla posted:

Genital Jousting? I just noticed the discount. Nice
IIRC that's actually pretty well-regarded.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
https://twitter.com/daedalic/status/1250100164775346181

I guess Daedalic is upset someone is calling them out on having a partner-produced game that is OK with being a pedo? :confused:

Slight edit: I forgot these jerk offs released Deponia so I'm not as surprised as I was 10 minutes ago.

Irritated Goat fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 16, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ok

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

VodeAndreas posted:

If you hang out with the tech priests long enough you can call their on their bullshit a bit - but doesn't change anything. :(

Yeah. The unique thing I love about the Outlaws is they suck worse then the Clerics at first. But you can straight up challenge/kill their worst members, and on the other end the game recognizes it and reorganizes the faction into something far more "good".

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

repiv posted:

Welp looks like the sale just ended, the Spring Sale page is still up but I think all the prices are back to normal. Xmas coupons can still be used though.

Buy The Outer Wilds (not worlds) anyway it's fantastic.

:shepface:

Someone tell Epic that saying your sale runs April 11-16 means it includes the 16th.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Which entry should someone start “Cook Serve Delicious” from? My partner loves the Overcooked series, it’s basically the only game she plays, so I would like to get her one of these to try. And it seems like the art gets an upgrade from 1 to 2, which would make it more appealing to her, but if the difficulty wall goes up substantially that may be offputting.

Personally I would just play 3, it's far and away the best in the series and while it's more hectic than the other ones, it also has a much better pace to the action and a LOT of ways to adjust the difficulty to something you're comfortable with. 1 is a good game but takes too long to progress in, and I can't really go back to the lulls between lunch and dinner rushes.

Or, to put it another way,

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Too Shy Guy posted:

Personally I would just play 3, it's far and away the best in the series and while it's more hectic than the other ones, it also has a much better pace to the action and a LOT of ways to adjust the difficulty to something you're comfortable with. 1 is a good game but takes too long to progress in, and I can't really go back to the lulls between lunch and dinner rushes.

Or, to put it another way,

Yea, that was my read in things also after a little investigation. The first game is only 99 cents today though ;_;

Oh well, I guess I can shell out for the better game rather than risk her just hating it straight off.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Pigbuster posted:

:shepface:

Someone tell Epic that saying your sale runs April 11-16 means it includes the 16th.

Steam did this same dumb thing for over a decade until they finally wised up and started including the specific time that the sale ended.

E: Or did they? Am I thinking of a different platform?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Stickman posted:

Steam did this same dumb thing for over a decade until they finally wised up and started including the specific time that the sale ended.

they didn't do it when Nuclear Throne was on sale weeks ago, said X-Y and it definitely ended the day before Y

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stickman posted:

Steam doing “up to” instead of “through” absolutely caused a lot of complaints. I think some sales made it more obvious but not all.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

anilEhilated posted:

IIRC that's actually pretty well-regarded.

Anyone who owns this game should play the single--player. I was surprised at its quality. (Genital Jousting)

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Also apparently Receiver 2 has a menu option to turn off the bad tapes

Found it after your brought it up, it's this option right here:

They probably should have highlighted or described what this does somewhere on game launch or in the tutorial instead of it only making sense after the first one happens and getting the journal entry that names them.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Yeah, that definitely seems like something you should put a big "Do you want to enable this? Y/N" prompt when they first boot the game.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Floodkiller posted:

Found it after your brought it up, it's this option right here:

They probably should have highlighted or described what this does somewhere on game launch or in the tutorial instead of it only making sense after the first one happens and getting the journal entry that names them.

I like receiver, but the developer comes off as an obscurantist prick about these kind of things. Their store page has an FAQ that includes a question as to whether the game includes human or animal enemies, which is a sensible enough inquiry for the “real gun simulator” game. Their answer is like, “the only enemies are drones and turrets...unless the game has taken a mind of its own oo!!”

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Stickman posted:

EE: Or just get Gods of Havoc, a cool, weird as hell RPG Maker 4x God Sim that doesn't have any right to exist.

Both this and it's fantasy sequel, Fall to Earth, are outsider art of the purest kind. Worth it just to see it going. I think I almost understood the last game of it I played.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of games as outsider art, how about EYE? Maybe your victim doesn't have that yet?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Zetsubou-san posted:

I finally remembered the name of the program that had an insane number of variants. SolSuite

hey hi I'm irresponsible with money. After get fed up with some of the quirks with PySol and trying the trial version of this, I threw down the cash. It reminds me of buying Starsector or older wargames - weird indie website, you have to keep track of an activation code, all that junk.

The weirdest thing? I'm only paying for one year of updates. After this year passes, I will have to pay up to 11$ for updates. Insane. The game itself never goes bad or whatever, but they like to put out new solitaire variants and other neat things. I'll decide if it's worth it in a few years.

Anyways, solitaire. I adore spider. I'm learning yukon. Freecell is for when I have a brain. Scorpion is a nightmare. The game comes with a nice in-game guide to every variant (and it's on their website) so I'm going to try to learn them all. Solitaire in general is working as the perfect mindcandy for podcasts or for when I have no spoons, at all.

"aren't you playing other games" yeah I'm back into AssCreed Origins and I'm gonna try to 100% it now that I'm into the swing of things. The chocobo-camel is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I'm also gonna put more time into Elex soon - I like it, but playing it while fatigued due to medication is the worst idea.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

anilEhilated posted:

Speaking of games as outsider art, how about EYE? Maybe your victim doesn't have that yet?

EYE is a legit really good game, it’s just weird as hell. The gunplay and powers are fun and it sets a tone insanely well, but it’s janky. Not even close to being anything like Bad Rats.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/906100/Observation/ this looks cool but im not into walking simulators. i wonder how much actual gameplay is in there.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Ugly In The Morning posted:

EYE is a legit really good game, it’s just weird as hell. The gunplay and powers are fun and it sets a tone insanely well, but it’s janky. Not even close to being anything like Bad Rats.
I've got this theory that EYE stops being fun the moment you start understanding the mechanics because then you see it for the grindy, soulless overlarge area traversal simulator it really is.
But yeah, until then it's great.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 16, 2020

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

StrixNebulosa posted:

The weirdest thing? I'm only paying for one year of updates. After this year passes, I will have to pay up to 11$ for updates. Insane. The game itself never goes bad or whatever, but they like to put out new solitaire variants and other neat things. I'll decide if it's worth it in a few years.

When that year rolls around, you will get a coupon for a discount, usually a pretty big one. And a couple of times every year after. I upgrade every once in a while because, yeah, solitaire? Is a great I-just-need-to-stare-at-something game.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Awesome! posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/906100/Observation/ this looks cool but im not into walking simulators. i wonder how much actual gameplay is in there.

You won't be into it. The puzzles are pretty basic. It's a floating simulator through-and-through.

A really good one, though, imo

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Awesome! posted:

There are some puzzles and adventure game stuff, it's not purely walking around. I'd look at a video of the first hour or so first, though.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

atholbrose posted:

When that year rolls around, you will get a coupon for a discount, usually a pretty big one. And a couple of times every year after. I upgrade every once in a while because, yeah, solitaire? Is a great I-just-need-to-stare-at-something game.

I feel like such a housewife, buying this kind of game. But gently caress it, parrot-themed cards!

e:

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 16, 2020

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

I started playing Dead Cells and my immediate reaction was, “drat these guys seriously put Bloodstained to bed, wow” and then like ninety minutes later I realized “so this is pretty much it, huh.”

Procedural generation man, woof

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

It's a perspective thing, ultimately. Bloodstained is the kind of game I might play once every few years, but I could play nothing but Dead Cells for the rest of my life and be pretty happy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Anonymous Robot posted:

I started playing Dead Cells and my immediate reaction was, “drat these guys seriously put Bloodstained to bed, wow” and then like ninety minutes later I realized “so this is pretty much it, huh.”

Procedural generation man, woof

play Hollow Knight

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Nah, that game’s ugly as gently caress, sorry homie.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
All games are beautiful (except pixel art)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Anonymous Robot posted:

what the gently caress

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Sentinels of Freedom looks interesting, but how the gently caress does a super hero themed xcom-like game not ship with mod support?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

DrManiac posted:

Sentinels of Freedom looks interesting, but how the gently caress does a super hero themed xcom-like game not ship with mod support?

Judging by the art work I don't think their budget was very high.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Anonymous Robot posted:

:mods:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Anonymous Robot posted:

turn on ur screen

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Anonymous Robot posted:

:thunk:

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Well, I bought Cook Serve Delicious 3 and I cannot get it to recognize our Xbox One pads under any circumstances. Restarted the game, tried it with controllers on before launching and connecting them after launching, fiddled with all the settings. This one might have to be a refund for me.

Edit: according to the steam forums, the most recent patch broke controller support. Never buy early access when will I learn!!

Anonymous Robot fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 17, 2020

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

If you think you put 90 minutes into Dead Cells and saw everything there was to see, you are very mistaken.

Also, Hades continues to be amazing. Every time I picked it up for a bit I love it.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Anonymous Robot posted:

Well, I bought Cook Serve Delicious 3 and I cannot get it to recognize our Xbox One pads under any circumstances. Restarted the game, tried it with controllers on before launching and connecting them after launching, fiddled with all the settings. This one might have to be a refund for me.

Do you normally use controllers with your PC? Are you using Steam to manage your controller bindings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

Do you normally use controllers with your PC? Are you using Steam to manage your controller bindings?

Yes, I do most of my gaming using these controllers on my PC. I don’t handle any mapping via Steam.