Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Dixville posted:

This feels like when I was a kid and would try to look at those "magic eye" or whatever books with the hidden images and I could never loving see anything

Do you really not see the huge bird?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Agrinja posted:

I guess I was just expecting it to be something more interesting? It's a bird...in the sky!! :aaaaa:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Agrinja posted:

God is flipping me off personally.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow, a schooner!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Wow, a schooner!

It's a sailboat

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Anyone with those dumb memes that end with "Oh my son had bottles thrown at him and he hasn't even left the house yet!" deserves to have them all forwarded to CPS, see him explain to them that "Oh I'm not really abusing my child, it's just a joke!" Just send every red flag he posts at once.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

Anyone with those dumb memes that end with "Oh my son had bottles thrown at him and he hasn't even left the house yet!" deserves to have them all forwarded to CPS, see him explain to them that "Oh I'm not really abusing my child, it's just a joke!" Just send every red flag he posts at once.

"lol I abuse my child" is definitely a... revealing (?) punchline.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Data Graham posted:

God uses flawed people as tools Cyrus the Great blah blah blibbity blah

This is a vile slander on Cyrus the Great.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

vyelkin posted:

There was one where Uber invented the idea of having a large vehicle drive a predetermined route picking up and dropping off passengers at designated points along the route.

That's literally the only other one that came to mind, and I think Elon Musk had the terrible idea of like, cars that work like subways but worse because then you're just trapped in a tunnel if something breaks or there's an accident.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RareAcumen posted:

That's literally the only other one that came to mind, and I think Elon Musk had the terrible idea of like, cars that work like subways but worse because then you're just trapped in a tunnel if something breaks or there's an accident.

His idea was really just a woefully inefficient subway, though in this period of social distancing it doesn't look nearly as bad as it first did.

https://www.curbed.com/2020/1/8/21046929/elon-musk-ces-vegas-boring-company

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I've no idea where I read it, but my first techbro invention experience was a gushing retrospective of how they came up with the idea of taxes, because they spent so long talking about every single step of the way, from figuring out how to do group purchases, to the idea of a communal chest that everyone paid into, to their astonishing brilliance in realizing that okaying each purchase was a hassle and a half, so they eventually came up with electing represantives who had the authority to decide how to spend the money in the communal chest.

I can sort of comprehend being so sheltered that you've never heard of buses, vending machines or communal living, but I've no idea what their excuse was. Even tax dodgers are keenly aware that they're expected to share and just refuse to.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I've no idea where I read it, but my first techbro invention experience was a gushing retrospective of how they came up with the idea of taxes, because they spent so long talking about every single step of the way, from figuring out how to do group purchases, to the idea of a communal chest that everyone paid into, to their astonishing brilliance in realizing that okaying each purchase was a hassle and a half, so they eventually came up with electing represantives who had the authority to decide how to spend the money in the communal chest.

I can sort of comprehend being so sheltered that you've never heard of buses, vending machines or communal living, but I've no idea what their excuse was. Even tax dodgers are keenly aware that they're expected to share and just refuse to.

It's not that they haven't heard of the thing, it's just that they got to it by such a circuitous route that they're not seeing the end result for what it is. An outsider sees the result and goes "oh, it's <this thing>" but the creator looks at it and sees the original idea and all the interim steps and to them it looks like a new invention because they built it up from first principles. I'm sure everyone's done the same thing at some point, where you work your way through a problem and are absolutely convinced that you've come up with a novel solution only to realise (often much later) that you've just wasted a lot of time reinventing the wheel.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tiggum posted:

It's not that they haven't heard of the thing, it's just that they got to it by such a circuitous route that they're not seeing the end result for what it is. An outsider sees the result and goes "oh, it's <this thing>" but the creator looks at it and sees the original idea and all the interim steps and to them it looks like a new invention because they built it up from first principles. I'm sure everyone's done the same thing at some point, where you work your way through a problem and are absolutely convinced that you've come up with a novel solution only to realise (often much later) that you've just wasted a lot of time reinventing the wheel.

Yeah I spent a lot of time inventing what I thought was a novel new way of posting but then I looked at one of your posts and realized I'd just reinvented shitposting.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dixville posted:

This feels like when I was a kid and would try to look at those "magic eye" or whatever books with the hidden images and I could never loving see anything

AAAAAAA the eagles of Manwé are come upon Númenor

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Biplane posted:

Yeah I spent a lot of time inventing what I thought was a novel new way of posting but then I looked at one of your posts and realized I'd just reinvented shitposting.

:boom:

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's called having your head so far up your own rear end you literally can't see reality anymore

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Guilty posted:

It's called having your head so far up your own rear end you literally can't see reality anymore

Excuse me, you're infringing on my WeLIVE trademark. A formal cease and desist has been issued via LetterX, Elon Musks revolutionary new personal analog messaging venture.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I'll raise you:

This person is 50.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

Tony Phillips posted:

A little more Nancy:

DAYUM...Nancy got some fat tiddies!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

OhAreThey posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ok this was much better than what my reply was going to be. :five:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

the idea was to strap cars to special sleds that would whiz along underground at tremendous speed. this is a bad idea for a lot of reasons but it is at least a little bit innovative

they couldn't get the sled idea to work because it is deeply impractical. so they ended up just using guide wheels, which is a system called automated guideway transit, which has existed for decades and is the same principle behind the rides at disneyland

musk wildly overpromises and people keep believing him for some reason despite his constant track record of not being able to back up his boasts with real world results

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Ambitious Spider posted:

I'll raise you:

This person is 50.

This ones just disturbing

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Please I need to know what's new with REO Speedwagon

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I heard they were helping someone fight ACDC, Wham, and Cars

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Scratch Monkey posted:

They’re rolling with the changes.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Scratch Monkey posted:

They made an appearance in an episode of the latest season of Ozark that came out a couple weeks ago.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I had not thought about how a summer without state fairs and beach festivals was going to affect these classic rock bands :smith:

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Dixville posted:

This ones just disturbing

I've heard of horse girls, but this is ridiculous!

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Whatever they're doing I can guarantee its better than being Trapt.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

AlbieQuirky posted:

I had not thought about how a summer without state fairs and beach festivals was going to affect these classic rock bands :smith:

On the bright side, maybe Slayer will finally gently caress off forever

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

On the bright side, maybe Slayer will finally gently caress off forever
:hmmyes:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Hihohe posted:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

wizzardstaff posted:

I've heard of horse girls, but this is ridiculous!

good joke, mr. arnett

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1250975504401760256

"Mr. Phil" is trending on Twitter now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hihohe posted:

Your next post will be... actually I don't have any idea.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

we do have safety regulations around automobiles, tobacco, and swimming pools however

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1251169987110330372

Just a normal President calling for civil war, as you do.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/LakerFilmRoom/status/1251160374532960258

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
You guys are getting paid to dress?