Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SirSamVimes posted:

hanging me whenever we have an extra spot and would hang nobody anyway is funnier than hanging nobody, that's a good enough reason to me.

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Moatillata posted:

Hell yes ##vote moat

drat that poo poo feels good

We gotta kill Grandi first we gotta crush his bones and smash them

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

Not everything has to be finding scum this, solving the game that, sometimes you can just hanged out 😊

ayy lmao this game is all about hanging i get teh joke

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

y tho

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Somberbrero posted:

drat I could go for some bread rn

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

He's town we're trying to flip like 3-4 town so we can eliminate a bunch of people from the scum list so we can win the game

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Has everyone checked in? Whats up with everyone let's goooo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

He's town we're trying to flip like 3-4 town so we can eliminate a bunch of people from the scum list so we can win the game

why's it gotta b granadi beforew moat

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i feel wack-rear end about a game where town gotta luvnh town

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

why's it gotta b granadi beforew moat

We gotta do it one at a time for efficiency

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

We gotta do it one at a time for efficiency

moat before grani, dressed like a dandy
grandy before moat, fell off a boat

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Captain Foo posted:

Wow he was a poet and I didn't even know it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

:hmmyes:

The plan is Grandi then me then moat I think, maybe kb too

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

uh because murmrtuwin said so or waht

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm kind of suspicious of the eagerness for that particular set. If the scumteam knows who's scum, then they're 100% trying to angle for a group that includes one of them for maximum confusion.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

uh because murmrtuwin said so or waht

No she says that's bad and we're scum but if that's true it's also okay

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm kind of suspicious of the eagerness for that particular set. If the scumteam knows who's scum, then they're 100% trying to angle for a group that includes one of them for maximum confusion.

Like five of us are talking and it makes sense

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Why does everyone love wifom so much

Just make a decision and go

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Omfg stuck working on a Saturday when this poo poo drops

Grandicap posted:

I think the mechanic even more supports Moat's ability as town, as we need to get all 4 at once, so shortcutting us there is totally town.

I was about to rant that we shouldn't be going off role spec like that to clear people... But now that I think about it, that would be a super OP power for scum to be able to force our set of four to get hosed up on the last day.

But then if we're planning our lunches in groups of four I guess we won't be just casually throwing votes around anymore to have him be able to use it on someone unless it's a literal scumhammer...

Man this makes me uneasy

Somberbrero posted:

So we should go for confirming the group of people we see as most town right if the bat, correct? If we can clear a block of 3 or 4 that would be amazing

Hmmm I considered this idea too and wasn't sure if I liked it... I think it depends if we have more super strong town reads or more super strong scum reads right now. Like I'm super duper town, and I'm extremely hoping Moat's role has to be town, so if we had one or two more really confident town reads I guess that would be cool to put em to the test. We could include Vimes too I guess... but no, I think testing more people is better, on this first sweep.

Somberbrero posted:

Thinking about voting the towniest players today, who would your votes be? Mine would be:

Myself
Mmt
Grandi
... I dunno, kb?

Rude

King Burgundy posted:

MMT is one. I"ll have to give some thought to the others.

Rude!

But fine I'm so town y'all don't even have to test me come to think of it

Murmur Twin posted:

I do think that scum knew the trick to this game. If they don't have a NK, I have to imagine there had to be something for scum in order to compensate.

I would guess that scum did not know the trick to the game, seeing as both sides had their wincons updated.

Also, I think Pod wouldn't want the scum team to have that much of a huge perspective imbalance to deal with all day, if that makes sense?

Grandicap posted:

For those who think Moat's ability is scum, ponder this.
We are on the final day, the whole scum team scumrushes one townie, moat powers it through.
That would be game over, even if we now know who town is, we have had one noose occupied by a town member, we cannot win.
This is a broken strat and I doubt Pod would overlook it. Moat has to be town.

Ah, Grandi explained my thoughts on Moat already, although I dont think a scum Moat is completely impossible since it needs votes first. I think we should definitely include Moat though if we're going for the four-townies plan.

Somberbrero posted:

I'm just going to get the ball rolling, voting Grandi for town ##vote Grandicap

How are you so confident in Grandi as town? Your Castle game's over now so I can safely mention that he's well capable of still seeming quite active and engaged even as scum and you just recently witnessed this.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Grandi is talking through things and figuring stuff out with us as we go and it's very nice and he's my friend

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Is being nice and having fun sizzle would you say bifaxnen?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

Is being nice and having fun sizzle would you say bifaxnen?

It is! But sizzle isn't bad if you are getting a good steak with it.

Ok I caught up now and I am actually liking the four-towns idea. But only as a one-off. Either we get a clear group, or we get confirmation that our assumptions on who is most clear has a flaw somewhere. The catch is, scum could sneak in one of their own to throw shade on the other towniest looking people... or to keep us eternally paranoid about Moat. But I'd be happy going up there cause I'm confident if anyone tries that poo poo to frame me up when I can't get NKed I will effort town you all into oblivion.

Actually... how about me, Moat, MT and KB? Then if we're all clear we can all stop being paranoid as gently caress about each other and get down to work. But if it's not clear, well, how about we go looking for scum then and see who has the best showing hey

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok I caught up now and I am actually liking the four-towns idea. But only as a one-off. Either we get a clear group, or we get confirmation that our assumptions on who is most clear has a flaw somewhere. The catch is, scum could sneak in one of their own to throw shade on the other towniest looking people... or to keep us eternally paranoid about Moat. But I'd be happy going up there cause I'm confident if anyone tries that poo poo to frame me up when I can't get NKed I will effort town you all into oblivion.

Actually... how about me, Moat, MT and KB? Then if we're all clear we can all stop being paranoid as gently caress about each other and get down to work. But if it's not clear, well, how about we go looking for scum then and see who has the best showing hey

Hmmmmm

Well I'm a little confused about mmt right now, and I'm still 50/50 on you. I'd be much more comfortable with myself on that team. But that you're on board with the process is something!

Still kind of surprised you see Grandi as scum!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
drat you guys I didn't mean to ruin your whole night like that, geez :ohdearsass:

I kinda feel like everyone's making too big of a deal out of the stuff I say so I'm down to wait and hear what other people have to say

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

drat you guys I didn't mean to ruin your whole night like that, geez :ohdearsass:

I kinda feel like everyone's making too big of a deal out of the stuff I say so I'm down to wait and hear what other people have to say

I'm actually having a great night don't sweat it

:cheerdoge:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also I'm a little confused as to why bif didn't say anything about the spreadsheets idea

I'm feeling a little wary of you rn bif what's up with that

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

I think both mmt and kb are likely scum

I don't wanna do that one

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

Hmmmmm

Well I'm a little confused about mmt right now, and I'm still 50/50 on you. I'd be much more comfortable with myself on that team. But that you're on board with the process is something!

Still kind of surprised you see Grandi as scum!

His engagement with all the spec this morning has looked good, but I don't want to clear anyone on just that.

MT and KB would be excellent to test imo cause MT is giving tunnelly effort now that's typical of her town game, but I still got a nagging feeling like I can't trust it yet. She has recently broken out of her previous meta, of being completely unable to engage as scum. If we can get her cleared that'll be a huge sigh of relief and we can start bouncing ideas off each other cause me and MT tend to see things fairly differently sometimes.

KB is excellent to test cause even on his new meta he is such a switched on analytical thinker, and I always have a gigantic weak spot for reading him as town no matter what just cause he doesn't act like an idiot. I have been reading him as townie so far but I can't take that for granted. If we can clear him for certain, and put full trust in his abilities that'll be wonderful.

If the four of us go up and one comes up scum, well, I'll know I do need to watch out for them but with that already proven I can probably set that aside and worry about hunting down the other scum for a while, and see who looks towniest of the bunch over time. The rest of y'all may have to still worry about me too but I will just do my best to make it blindingly obvious that it's not.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

Also I'm a little confused as to why bif didn't say anything about the spreadsheets idea

I'm feeling a little wary of you rn bif what's up with that

I got a new job two years ago that no longer allows me the time to gently caress around and play Mafia for half the day. I also no longer have landline internet and post almost exclusively from my phone. I don't do spreadsheets anymore.

But if KB started one up I'd be willing to check his work

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

I got a new job two years ago that no longer allows me the time to gently caress around and play Mafia for half the day. I also no longer have landline internet and post almost exclusively from my phone. I don't do spreadsheets anymore.

But if KB started one up I'd be willing to check his work

Well drat I guess the times they are a changing

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

I think both mmt and kb are likely scum

I don't wanna do that one

But Moat, if they are both scum, and you are in fact town, it'll come up saying boom, two scum found, and that'll be awesome

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

Well I only just got here so don't clam up before you comment on my idea, lol

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

But Moat, if they are both scum, and you are in fact town, it'll come up saying boom, two scum found, and that'll be awesome

If we're doing it that way I would rather we just vote all the scummy folks but I guess I'm probably a minority view on this one

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

If we're doing it that way I would rather we just vote all the scummy folks but I guess I'm probably a minority view on this one

I certainly don't want to mix people we think are scum and town together, that is just dumb.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

His engagement with all the spec this morning has looked good, but I don't want to clear anyone on just that.

MT and KB would be excellent to test imo cause MT is giving tunnelly effort now that's typical of her town game, but I still got a nagging feeling like I can't trust it yet. She has recently broken out of her previous meta, of being completely unable to engage as scum. If we can get her cleared that'll be a huge sigh of relief and we can start bouncing ideas off each other cause me and MT tend to see things fairly differently sometimes.

KB is excellent to test cause even on his new meta he is such a switched on analytical thinker, and I always have a gigantic weak spot for reading him as town no matter what just cause he doesn't act like an idiot. I have been reading him as townie so far but I can't take that for granted. If we can clear him for certain, and put full trust in his abilities that'll be wonderful.

If the four of us go up and one comes up scum, well, I'll know I do need to watch out for them but with that already proven I can probably set that aside and worry about hunting down the other scum for a while, and see who looks towniest of the bunch over time. The rest of y'all may have to still worry about me too but I will just do my best to make it blindingly obvious that it's not.

the problem there is that if you think kb or mmt are potentionally scum this is ultimately a suboptimal strategy. we ideally want a group of 4 townies, correct? so if we have kb and mmt and me and... i dunno, moat on the same team and it comes back as 1 scum, what do we do with that? not a rhetorical question.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

the problem there is that if you think kb or mmt are potentionally scum this is ultimately a suboptimal strategy. we ideally want a group of 4 townies, correct? so if we have kb and mmt and me and... i dunno, moat on the same team and it comes back as 1 scum, what do we do with that? not a rhetorical question.

We set that result aside for now and look for the rest of the scum, while y'all try and show off who're the towniest motherfuckers of the bunch. Whoever's the scum will have to not slack off on participating, for fear of being the first one up when it's time to return to this group.

I actually find it very unlikely we can coordinate a full group of four towns without scum loving it up somehow, so I'd like to go for people who are going to be most useful to potentially clear as town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Btw I had a lot to read through but I thought you sounded willing to go up yourself, Somber? Was that right?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

[b][/b##vote bif]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

Btw I had a lot to read through but I thought you sounded willing to go up yourself, Somber? Was that right?

of course, why would anyone not be willing to go up? i think i'm audibly town.

i think... having a group of 1 scum in a group of 4 seems bad. even if you can say 'well, #1 and #2 seem townie,' you still only have a 50/50 shot of guessing correctly so one of those people has to be tested again in some fashion ideally.