Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
just going to wait until the PS4 stops getting software updates, sell it and then plug in the Roku. gently caress video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

olives black posted:

gently caress video games

I try, but the slot's too small for even my tiny micropenis.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

LabyaMynora posted:

I just bought God of War for $14.99 and I'm having just as good a time with it as everyone played it 2 years ago for $60. Probably better, 'cuz if there were any bugs at launch, they got patched out long before I played the game. :smuggo:

I don't even like God of War games and that one is one of my favorites. The art and story are freaking amazing.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Philthy posted:

I don't even like God of War games and that one is one of my favorites. The art and story are freaking amazing.

You're stupid the story has no dudes being dudes, just guys being men and that's stupid.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Philthy posted:

I was so not interested in it when it came out - having played God of War 1-3, plus one of the other ones that was ported from PSP, back in the day - but once I started playing the new one, I was surprised by just how much it had won me over within the first 10 minutes or so.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I’mn not very good at videogames

Edit: or posting

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

God of War owns and I'm glad the ps5 is going to be backwards compatible, beyond that I know nothing else about it so it sounds pretty good

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I like that one techno album called Pony Slaystation.

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

I bought a used ps3 off ebay 3 years ago because I wanted to play Disgaea 3, then I realized Disgaea 3 sucks so now there is 3 years worth of dust on it. Might pick up an old ps4 so it can have a friend to play with

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Should call it a Sony PAYstation cuz that shits MONEY dog LMAO you heard me?!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Only gonna buy a PS5 if the second installment of FFVII: Remake is PS5 only. Haven't had my PS4 that long!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

PC gaming will never die

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

a lone gamer standing in tiananmen square singlehandedly stopping an advancing column of xboxes

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Hell Yeah posted:

PC gaming will never die
when is the pc2 coming out though

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

deadwing posted:

the piss-5

I was gonna say this :mad:

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020
I'll most likely buy the ps5 and hopefully the xim will come out with a new one that's compatible so I can use a mouse and keyboard like I do now and listen to all the people cry at you because mouse is equivalent to hacking apparently.

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It took 16 years to get from ps1 to ps 5. If my math is right i won’t live to see the ps69 drop in 2230

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

guitartorch posted:

It took 16 years to get from ps1 to ps 5. If my math is right i won’t live to see the ps69 drop in 2230

This seems like too few years.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

guitartorch posted:

Your maths is incredibly wrong

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Crowsbeak posted:

Is the new Xbox literally a box?

No but it used to be.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

when is the pc2 coming out though

it's out now bro. it's always out

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

guitartorch posted:

psx launched in 1995, it took 25 years to go through ps1,ps2,ps3,ps4

i think the formula is more like (69/4) * 25 + 2020

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Crowsbeak posted:

Is the new Xbox literally a box?

Although constructed as a box, the gravitational lensing caused by the mass of the Xbox makes it appear as an ellipsoid.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Video games are all basically the same.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I've read online that the new x-box can beat up the new play-station

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Is there really a point to the PS5? Has the PS4's potential been reached?

numberoneposter posted:

Video games are all basically the same.

There was a browser game that I can't seem to find for you right now, unfortunately, that was basically just giving input according to the game's instructions (like "move your cursor here, now wiggle it, now faster, that's it!") and after playing that for a while I can't help but see computer games as essentially just variations of that idea.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i heard it wont even have mario 3

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Things are too plastic these days. I hope that the P$5 goes back to the old days where video gaming systems were made out of wood for a classic touch

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
I don’t see the point of buying a fifth Play Station

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i'm glad they focus on other things than just more graphics this generation with that weird positional audio coprocessor they stuck in it. Faster load times will be nice too.

If the extra oomph in the ps5 means most games will target 60fps instead of 30fps that's probably the most significant change. The PS2 had lots of 60fps games, if the ps5 has them too maybe the pc master racers will shut up for a while :awesome:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Xbox
Xbox three hundred and sixty
Xbox three hundred and sixties
Xbox one
Xbox ones
Xbox one ten
Xbox series ten

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

r u ready to WALK posted:

i'm glad they focus on other things than just more graphics this generation with that weird positional audio coprocessor they stuck in it. Faster load times will be nice too.

If the extra oomph in the ps5 means most games will target 60fps instead of 30fps that's probably the most significant change. The PS2 had lots of 60fps games, if the ps5 has them too maybe the pc master racers will shut up for a while :awesome:
lol whooo 60 fps oh slowdown console fanboys
*gets 200 fps on his 75hz monitor* :cool:

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

It's amazing to me that Microsoft are going to release 4 or even 5 totally redundant failure consoles with no games that everyone hates purely off the momentum of how successful the 360 was.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Pony Slaystation (Five)

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I hopep that the next Xbox is just all in on stupid

Xbox 1X-Treme

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I feel like this is pretty much the worst possible environment to launch a new $600 or whatever console, who the hell is gonna want to spend that money or generally be able to afford that when the economy is in ruins? Especially when the PS4 is perfectly fine and has a shitload of games? I know it's gonna be a holiday release, I just wouldn't feel bullish on dropping an overpriced luxury item at any point for the rest of 2020.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
why buy a ps5 when you could buy two ps3s and tape them together for an additional ps

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

r u ready to WALK posted:

i think the formula is more like (69/420)

nice

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Is there really a point to the PS5? Has the PS4's potential been reached?

That would insinuate future consoles cannot increase the brightness and sharpness further on Spidermans crotch and I refuse to believe that.

quote:

There was a browser game that I can't seem to find for you right now, unfortunately, that was basically just giving input according to the game's instructions (like "move your cursor here, now wiggle it, now faster, that's it!") and after playing that for a while I can't help but see computer games as essentially just variations of that idea.

you seem lame as hell.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
if sony was any smart they would pull out of the console market and put all their games on the nintendo instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Big Beef City posted:

Should call it a Sony PAYstation cuz that shits MONEY dog LMAO you heard me?!
Not if you buy it with bitcoin profits :smuggo:

Christmas came early this year.