Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
So Bill Peters just got hired by Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg in the KHL, on the recommendation of noted bigot Pavel Datsyuk (he of the gay cadaver ankles), and now apparently their captain and leading scorer Nigel Dawes is reportedly going to leave the team because of it (his contract was expiring anyway, but he won't re-sign with them now)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.c...ng/#more-360809

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Tom Wilson on the Penguins would be so awesome

They never really replaced Matt Cooke

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Imagine if Ovechkin kills Tom Wilson.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

goldrush posted:

So Bill Peters just got hired by Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg in the KHL, on the recommendation of noted bigot Pavel Datsyuk (he of the gay cadaver ankles), and now apparently their captain and leading scorer Nigel Dawes is reportedly going to leave the team because of it (his contract was expiring anyway, but he won't re-sign with them now)

Respect to Dawes

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/maxthesilent/status/1251654159335473152?s=20

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Well death to middle right and bottom left

Unsure if I recognize the others

Oh top right is that Oilers idiot yea? He is terrible too

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Leafs probably would have been eliminated from the playoffs by now, right?

This lack of hockey to watch to set my schedule to is messing with me.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

kalensc posted:

Well death to middle right and bottom left

Unsure if I recognize the others

Oh top right is that Oilers idiot yea? He is terrible too

Yeah top right is Jim Matheson

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Furnaceface posted:

The Leafs probably would have been eliminated from the playoffs by now, right?

This lack of hockey to watch to set my schedule to is messing with me.

Apparently they take Tampa to 7 games and of course lose in game 7

Simulating the 2020 NHL playoffs: Lightning vs. Leafs https://theathletic.com/1751952/2020/04/17/simulating-the-2020-nhl-playoffs-lightning-vs-leafs/?source=user_shared_article

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

I thought that was from Dany Heatley Night

Lol

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
The athletic playoff simulation articles are depressing in more than just the obvious ways. The Philly/Pittsburgh one is such bad fan fiction I just feel bad for the writers having nothing better to do like covering actual hockey.

Beat reporters writing up what they think hockey players would say to them is some sad poo poo.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

"Gotta go hard to the puck, get more chances, and capitalize on our opportunities." - any NHL player

Seems p easy to me.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Hey remember when the Islanders traded for Pageau and got like 3 games out of him?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cocaine Bear posted:

"Gotta go hard to the puck, get more chances, and capitalize on our opportunities." - any NHL player

Seems p easy to me.

Gotta get pucks deep.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Finish our checks

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"
-gotta put in a better effort
-there's no excuses, we got out worked tonight
-we got down on ourselves
-we gotta be better for *goaltender*
-we didn't go out there and play our game tonight, when we do play our game, I think we can compete with anyone in the league, but we didn't do that tonight

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1252236566187200512
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1252236467075596292

Whoa, what?

Dr Zaius posted:

The athletic playoff simulation articles are depressing in more than just the obvious ways. The Philly/Pittsburgh one is such bad fan fiction I just feel bad for the writers having nothing better to do like covering actual hockey.

Beat reporters writing up what they think hockey players would say to them is some sad poo poo.

CBJ giving up a game-tying goal with 1.8 seconds left and a GWG with 1:30 left is pretty on-brand, though.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Rotten Cookies posted:

Hey remember when the Islanders traded for Pageau and got like 3 games out of him?

Hey at least he'll be back next year at a greatly increased price! I do feel bad for the fanbases of teams that went out and splashed on rentals though, poo poo sucks

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah the UFA market has to be so bizarre right now. Pierre Lebrun had a good interview with Taylor Hall about it the other day

quote:

The Coyotes remain a possibility and GM John Chayka has stayed in touch during the pause with Hall’s agent Darren Ferris.

“Both sides have interest in each other and Darren and John have talked a little bit, but there haven’t been any numbers tossed around or anything like that,” Hall said. “At this point, both sides are just waiting to see what happens with this.’’

Given the economic impact of the pandemic, I floated the idea to Hall that perhaps higher-end NHL free agents like himself, Alex Pietrangelo or Torey Krug should sign a one- or two-year deals just to bridge them through the worst of the industry damage. Then, when the league has a little more financial stability, they could sign longer-term deals.

But that scenario doesn’t appeal to Hall.

“I don’t really want to play through a contract year again,” he said. “Whether it was the reason I had an off-year or not, I’d rather get some security and try and sign a longer-term deal.’’

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Eric the Mauve posted:

Tom Wilson on the Penguins would be so awesome

They never really replaced Matt Cooke

I mean, they tried

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Sestito#Career_statistics

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/1252409308978884611
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/1252417719451791367

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This keeps happening. Does Jarmo not know how contracts work?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

This keeps happening. Does Jarmo not know how contracts work?

A quick glance at random contracts in the league tells me not a single GM knows how they work.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
The league doesn't know that the 2019-20 season is over.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Nah, to replace Matt Cooke you need a shithead who also can actually play hockey

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Zodijackylite posted:

The league doesn't know that the 2019-20 season is over.

As well as the 2020-21 season, probably - and hey, isn’t the CBA up after that season? Can’t imagine that’ll be an easy process now, what with the league’s finances gutted and all.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Just watched Game 4 of the Pittsburgh/Chicago 1992 final, and man, it is really weird to see Hasek in a Blackhawks uniform. It's one of those things that I knew, but it's still weird.

Also, I don't think I'll ever grow tired of watching Lemieux and Jagr together.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/JesseGranger_/status/1252681545652957185

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1252705345815941121

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Twin Cinema posted:

Just watched Game 4 of the Pittsburgh/Chicago 1992 final, and man, it is really weird to see Hasek in a Blackhawks uniform. It's one of those things that I knew, but it's still weird.

Also, I don't think I'll ever grow tired of watching Lemieux and Jagr together.

I watched that a couple weeks ago. I had no idea Hasek played for Chicago, just assumed Buffalo drafted him. It was a real what the gently caress moment when they put him in.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Marky retired :smith:

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/andrei-markov-would-have-liked-to-win-the-stanley-cup-but-wouldn-t-change-anything-1.4902826

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The most egregrious example of a "guy who I know played for a team but it just doesn't make sense in my head" is Modano for the Red Wings.

That jersey just looks photoshopped on or something. My brain refuses to accept it as real.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
on that note:

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
It's even weirder when it's a guy who didn't make his name in the league until his second or third team, so not only is the uniform weird, they're super young too. Zdeno Chara with the Islanders/Senators and Martin St. Louis with Calgary spring to mind for me.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ThinkTank posted:

The most egregrious example of a "guy who I know played for a team but it just doesn't make sense in my head" is Modano for the Red Wings.

That jersey just looks photoshopped on or something. My brain refuses to accept it as real.

This never happened.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

It's even weirder when it's a guy who didn't make his name in the league until his second or third team, so not only is the uniform weird, they're super young too. Zdeno Chara with the Islanders/Senators and Martin St. Louis with Calgary spring to mind for me.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

I still hate Bergevin for not re-signing him or Radulov only to dump 5 mil on Karl Alzner. But at least...

:unsmith:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

heeheex2 posted:

on that note:

Why are teams so afraid of putting these types of special patches anywhere else?
Like the shoulder or arm below the numbers. This looks crowded and lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Olli Jokinen in a Maple Leafs jersey is also one that is bizarre. I know he played for 10 teams over his career, but he got traded to the Leafs, played 6 games, then got traded to the Blues. His time with the team lasted a little over half a month.