Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m not mad about it, but I’m genuinely surprised that Shotzi Blackheart immediately jumped into a pretty prominent role on NXT tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m not mad about it, but I’m genuinely surprised that Shotzi Blackheart immediately jumped into a pretty prominent role on NXT tv.

Vince fainting at bodybuilders but it’s HHH and “cool metal gimmick”

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Vince fainting at bodybuilders but it’s HHH and “cool nazi gimmick”

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

jesus WEP posted:

Roman is a better wrestler than Mox and Cody and arguably Jericho now

Are you referring to only the in-ring here? I think if you consider the overall package, promos included, Roman is a good bit behind Cody and nowhere near Jericho.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Having to ascend the tower like it's a Nickelodeon game show is a fun idea and a good example of the kinds of silly gimmicks shows should be doing while they have no audience. I'm sure WWE will still find a way to make it boring.

I don't buy that the Roman thing is out of spite, though. WWE, and Vince McMahon specifically, are all about controlling the narrative. Even with kayfabe not being what it used to be, they still like giving in-universe explanations whenever somebody's out, or they ignore things entirely when it's something they don't want to deal with (any of the billion storylines they've dropped midstream). They didn't have time to set up an excuse for Roman to be gone, so it's easier to ~maintain the fiction~ if no one reminds the audience that he's not there.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

does this not violate anything connecticut has in place? gently caress

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
It's unlikely Roman would leave...

But....

Mox, Anoi'a, Hero

The Sword: Directors Cut.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I find Roman's matches extremely dull and plodding, but I'd genuinely be interested to see what he could do outside of WWE's extremely formulaic style.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Are you referring to only the in-ring here?
Obviously I am

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

does this not violate anything connecticut has in place? gently caress

Connecticut not even holding out for Bribe money to let the shows run lamo

The second wave in some states is going to be horrible and at NY levels and it's totally going to hit more people doing the right things than the assholes going out

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Please click this article, I don't feel like I could do these pics justice by just posting them here https://www.bodyslam.net/2020/04/18/exclusive-wwes-final-creative-plans-for-the-revival-revealed/

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Please click this article, I don't feel like I could do these pics justice by just posting them here https://www.bodyslam.net/2020/04/18/exclusive-wwes-final-creative-plans-for-the-revival-revealed/

I don't think you could add enough 0's on the end of an offer to get most teams to accept that gimmick

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

I really don't have words to describe this. If you scrolled past this, go back. These pictures need to be seen.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

quote:

as Vince McMahon had wanted to turn them into a comedy team.
1) How has he not learnt yet this never works out for anybody involved?
2) Why hasn't every team learnt yet that this is your inevitable fate in WWE?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chris James 2 posted:

no

loving

way

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I am ALL IN on the Shatter Machine!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

shiksa posted:

no

loving

way
agreed that looks fake as hell

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Huh Juice Robinson dialed the weird outfits back a bit.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i keep clicking back over and crying laughing at those pics oh my god

if its fake i dont care its amused me enough that in my reality its real now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I don't think you could add enough 0's on the end of an offer to get most teams to accept that gimmick

Seth would take a paycut because he doesn't want to take advantage of a company having hard times in the middle of a crisis, #StandUpForWWE

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

jesus WEP posted:

I could see Vince thinking they needed to be zanier and those costumes definitely tick that box.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

quote:

WWE’s plan was to repackage The Revival with new ring gear, and new music, with a completely different dynamic for the team as Vince McMahon had wanted to turn them into a comedy team.

We have received images that show the new ring gear, and look that Vince had in mind for The Revival, as he personally handed these photos to Dash and Dawson himself in their final meeting.

:vince:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

scarf funy

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I refuse to believe those are real.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I like how there's some changes in the outfits,

EXCEPT there's always red lipstick, that's locked in no matter what.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

Doc M posted:

I refuse to believe those are real.

https://twitter.com/chillhartman/status/938842920555302912

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
We gotta get young people to watch our show and the way to do that is a Flavor Flav inspired prop.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

... what are the sticks for?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

... what are the sticks for?

You know exactly what they're for

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

this feels like its racist against an ethnicity that hasn't been invented yet

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

what on earth is going on with their lips

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Revival riding their banana boards down to the ring and telling the audience to ranch it up.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

uncurable mlady posted:

Pretty sure clowns exist now

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It says something that we have to debate whether those pictures are real or not.

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

I've changed my mind and now I think the revival would have been better off staying in the WWE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is the biggest case of fake news I've seen since the UK's official coronavirus statistics

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

uncurable mlady posted:

wow this is honestly the only way that accurately describes this for me.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

explosivo posted:

It says something that we have to debate whether those pictures are real or not.

I'd be more likely to believe they were real if they weren't described as a comedy tag team. Despite everything I can't believe WWE would think The Revival would agree to be a weird comedy tag team, but I can believe WWE trying to pitch them on "you tried being two Arn Andersons, how about you try being two Jesse Venturas"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Was Vince trying to combine Too Cool and Doink into one gimmick?