Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Which also leads to my further support of doing E+ today since he threw down a very non-chalant vote on KK to make him -1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Pussy Quipped posted:

They are just picking out low-content posters to see what sticks. See: humalong yesterday
Agree.

In case I have to leave before I finish reading (very possible) I felt the same way.

I have a list of "neutral no-read" players that Hal is on.

Kloaked00 posted:

Which also leads to my further support of doing E+ today since he threw down a very non-chalant vote on KK to make him -1
Also agree!

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

scum team include:

spoonsy - "all we learned is that there are teachers and students, we have nothing to go on and no way to know who is scum!"

cap Andy - "There is no way to put down any real reads D1. KK is scum, they only have 5 votes, unlike my 1."

TT - "You know who is scum Amni-That xopods guy!"

You're really going to keep harping on something other players, who are not on this list, have told you is an extension aren't you

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Spoonsy posted:

You're really going to keep harping on something other players, who are not on this list, have told you is an extension aren't you

I actually said "Oh, I guess this wasn't a scum slip. I t is a stupid thing to say though." earlier in the thread.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

I actually said "Oh, I guess this wasn't a scum slip. I t is a stupid thing to say though." earlier in the thread.

Yes but your vote still stays on me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pussy Quipped posted:

They are just picking out low-content posters to see what sticks. See: humalong yesterday

Hey PQ, out of curiosity what do you think about Leith today?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Spoonsy posted:

Yes but your vote still stays on me

yea, because it's excusing yourself from playing the game by saying "we learned nothing."

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

yea, because it's excusing yourself from playing the game by saying "we learned nothing."

Amnistar posted:

Amnistar posted:

No I'm saying that on D1, we don't get much but as the game evolves, then we can get reads. Which, I would argue, is precisely what we're doing right now.

I dislike D1 when viewed on D1, not when viewed beyond it.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
And why did it triple quote you there

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Spoonsy posted:

No I'm saying that on D1, we don't get much but as the game evolves, then we can get reads. Which, I would argue, is precisely what we're doing right now.

I dislike D1 when viewed on D1, not when viewed beyond it.

yeah...but it was your post at the start of D2.

And you aren't participating in any of what we are doing right now.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So I don't like the xopods case, and here's why in a nutshell:

kingcobweb posted:

xopods practically required us yesterday to give him a thorough investigation because he was so adamant about how he’s The One Pushing The KK Wagon, so I have no idea why we’d give him any room today
That's true, he absolutely did that. And if he's scum and therefore knew ahead of time that KK would flip town, why would he possibly do that? Why draw that much attention to yourself and guarantee multiple people casing you, especially on D1?

Anyway, I hate hate hated that -1 vote. It was entirely counterproductive; KK was basically the guaranteed target of the day at that point but multiple posters were making the point that they didn't want to get him in hammer range with a day left before deadline because why waste the day, something else might happen. Then E+ comes in and just...

Epsilon Plus posted:

I may be a simple country Mafia player, but this reeks of scum meltdown

##vote Khris Kruel pretty convinced this is a good call, and also idk if I can take 24 more hours of this
Really? "oh gently caress it let's end the day early no big deal, also don't worry I'm only pretty convinced and I'm clearly not taking this seriously so I have an out". That's how we're gonna tee it up so any idiot can wander along and hammer?

##vote Epsilon Plus

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Tom Tucker posted:

[vote analysis]
Thanks for the nice summary post :sun:

TT's post also makes me realize a lot of the players I'm suspicious of voted in line for KK. Don't think they're all scum together, obvs.

++town point to TT after reading that post. Also agree with his take on spoonsy as neutral-town. spoonsy also reads genuine to me.

I am going to wait on the whole Amnistar thing for now, I can't get a good read on him.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

yuming posted:

Thanks for the nice summary post :sun:

TT's post also makes me realize a lot of the players I'm suspicious of voted in line for KK. Don't think they're all scum together, obvs.

++town point to TT after reading that post. Also agree with his take on spoonsy as neutral-town. spoonsy also reads genuine to me.

I am going to wait on the whole Amnistar thing for now, I can't get a good read on him.

I'm not scum. You can tell this because ASAPRockySituation was not killed last night.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

So I don't like the xopods case, and here's why in a nutshell:
That's true, he absolutely did that. And if he's scum and therefore knew ahead of time that KK would flip town, why would he possibly do that? Why draw that much attention to yourself and guarantee multiple people casing you, especially on D1?

zzyzx posted:

If he flips town, at some point you're obviously going to make a post that says you're town because you leaned into the lynch and Took Responsibility for it. It's weird that this is something you feel you need to plan ahead of time.

xopods posted:

What do you want me to do, vote myself?

I take responsibility for my mistake, but I'm not Scum. I honestly thought KK was Scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

I'm not scum. You can tell this because ASAPRockySituation was not killed last night.

What does this mean?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

What does this mean?

as scum I always kill people with low post counts.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I have a bad ~feeling~ about kcw.

kcw's opinions of note: D1 kcw was suspicious of Andy, but changed his mind and went for xopods. This is where kcw's vote is now on D2--

kingcobweb posted:

xopods practically required us yesterday to give him a thorough investigation because he was so adamant about how he’s The One Pushing The KK Wagon, so I have no idea why we’d give him any room today

##vote xopods

He barely even acknowledged what he did yesterday in his posts today

D1 kcw posted this while I was still around earlier in the day, talking negatively about the KK case.

kingcobweb posted:

What am I missing about KK, they've barely posted
And this while KK was around before hammer.

kingcobweb posted:

I don't like the wagon on KK at all.

Also, instead of "lunch," how about "guillotine"

Before ultimately dropping the hammer:

kingcobweb posted:

You're being a dick, and we're not doing anything more productive day one than killing the wagon'd person who's being a dick.

I still think you are town- or at least, no more likely scum than a random player- but you are making the game monumentally unpleasant and not contributing.

For everyone analyzing my hammer during twilight, and during the day tomorrow: yes, I know the deadline isn't for anything 20-ish hours. Yes, I know I could let more people contribute. And I still think that there are plenty of other people more likely to be scum.

Consider this a policy guillotine (I'm trying to make this catch on) for acting like you've been acting.

##vote: Khris Kruel

Here is my gripe: if kingcobweb cares about thinking xopods is scum, why doesn't he engage Sci and other players who are after xopods earlier on?

Policy hammering KK while your #1 suspect xopods is pushing the case is a bizarre read: scummy perspective.

Then coming back today to dig into xopods reads like scum going "oh yea, this is my opinion let me keep at it."

##vote kingcobweb

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
yuming's scum ish player list: Dex, E+, Jose, zzy, kingcobweb

Dex - for safe play
zzy - same / but zzy always plays like this so caveat.
Jose - same reasons as yesterday / want to see more engagement
kcw - for the above case

TT's post made me realize these players literally all voted KK in a row so yea... don't think it's possible they're all scum.

I have a big chunk of "neutral" reads so I will think on those. I think there's likely a scum vote earlier on the KK wagon.

Gotta go thread. Let's kill a scum today :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
oh! and E+ for reasons previously stated by myself and others.

:sparkles:

Dearest friends, what do you think of kingcobweb?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

yuming posted:

Dearest friends, what do you think of kingcobweb?

Seems town. I don't mind the hammer because KK was being a jerk.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Okay, but I still don't like it. "He intentionally made a bad scum play because he knew he'd get called out for it, and we'd assume that no scum would deliberately be so obvious and that's why he's town, and that's why he's actually really scum" isn't quite wifom because the logic stops there, but it's awfully close and it makes me leery.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Mikujin posted:

Can you tell us what "notes" you are basing any other these statements on? What made me concerned is that I was sure I hadn't done any flavor commentary (I even doubled-back to check because I was really confident about this!), so this struck me simply as a post intended to look like content without actually being content. Every "note" you've taken seems to be extremely safe, you don't really commit to feelings on anyone who isn't town (or KK, I guess).

With a game this big, I had a word document where I record my thoughts if I get especially behind.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Mikujin posted:

This post felt weird to me, and not just because my name is in it - although that does kinda come up in a way. So I've got two questions for you, Kash:

- At this point, you've made literally no mention of me - so I'm obviously curious: why am I suddenly in your top two best votes for the day?
- Second: you had recently (in game time) signed of Scientastic as not scummy enough to vote. Which, of course, begs the question: what changed? The posts quoted and linked are distant chronologically, so some latitude is warranted, but prior to the sudden "I'd vote them post" you'd not made mention. While I realize Sci is dead, I'd still appreciate an answer.

My opinion on you was more of just 'nothing you're saying makes me feel good at all.' which was more than the fluctuations I had on Sci or Sandwolf. Sandwolf was a one off, and Sci I went back and forth on all day. In the end I was really not feeling good about Sci, especially post KK flip. I felt pretty sure of Sci's scumminess after KK flipped and even went out of my way last night to make sure they were not in a position to do much last night but I guess someone else did a more permanent job than I did :vv:

Sci & KK both flipping how they did has thrown my reads for a loop.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Mikujin posted:

I've been pretty clear that I'm not keen on Xopods at the moment.

xopods posted:

I hadn't noticed. What do you find scummy about me?

Just a quick correction despite xopods getting my intent correct; the post from me above should read:

MAFIA EDIT - Mikujin posted:

I've been pretty clear that I'm not keen on Xopods at the moment.
Not sure where the "not" came from, but I don't think anyone has mistaken my intentions regarding xopods. Quick shower before more.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Spoonsy posted:

This is probably going to make people think I'm an idiot, but I don't know yet! We've had one day, a town lynch, two dead townies, 3 missing people, and the only thing I think we can say with some certainty is that there's professor town and student town.

I do not feel like I personally have enough information YET (emphasis mine) to declare that someone is or is not town - that's the sort of stuff that normally comes into play with conversations like this on Day 2, which is why I'm trying to respond to as much as I can

(also real talk I am so unused to playing town and it's been so long that I don't know what I'm doing wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

This post is bothering me a lot more than it normally would because of the first part of it. I really don't like this level of 'oh no! This is gonna sound bad but who knows!!'

We have 25+ pages in this game rn, if you can't make reads yet that is a problem

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

This is absolutely a scumslip.

##vote spoonsy

##vote Amni

Amni's level of 'gotcha!' moments feels really high this game, and that tends to be a scum tool. I don't like it and I think Amni's attitude is more indicative of trying to find ~the one~ that the moment sticks to

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pussy Quipped posted:

E+. xopods, and kashuno are who im going to be looking at today based on my re-reading end of day and twilight.

What've I done to garner your attention?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

kingcobweb posted:

##vote xopods

He barely even acknowledged what he did yesterday in his posts today

Agreed. also sorry y'all about the multi posts I'm doing my catchup on mobile and hitting what I see while I go

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

I hope you don't get cuddled here. You're one of my solid town reads.

lol

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

xopods (3): Mikujin, kingcobweb, Tom Tucker
Amnistar (2): xopods, Kashuno
Epsilon Plus (2): Kloaked00, Kloaked00, Kloaked00, CapnAndy
Spoonsy (1): Amnistar
Hal Incandenza (1): Dexanth
kingcobweb (1): yuming

Not Voting (11): ASAPRockySituation, Deadbeat Dad, Epsilon Plus, Hal Incandenza, Jose Valasquez, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Humalong, Pussy Quipped, Sandwolf, Spoonsy, zzyzx

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 20th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

xopods posted:

Weird how you focus on this and ignore the cases DBD and merk made on you. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that I'm the only one of the three of us anyone else wants to lunch.
Why is DBD the case-maker on KK now? Looking back, your narrative has always been about how you and merk were the torch-bearers of the KK lynch-mob. Looking back, DBD didn't even case KK, but rather indicated he was getting gut reaction vibes from a few posts (he doesn't even vote KK at this point, ostensibly the "case").

For someone who was constantly developing a narrative of taking "responsibility" for KK flipping town, this is a convenient rewrite.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Jose Valasquez posted:

This Jen X obsession is weird, nobody is bandwagoning you to save Jen X from your one vote.

Are you actually the role you say is hunting you and trying to kill Jen?

This far into the witch-hunt this post just strikes me as weird. I get what Jose it getting at, but it just seems... kinda irrelevant to any actual discussion. Couple that with the fact his only previous posts amount to "no one is good at D1, please excuse me for not trying everyone knows I don't try on D1" and It leaves a sour taste.

@Jose: leading up to end of day, you indicated you were totally satisfied with KK getting the axe. In light of KK flipping town, who do you think is most likely to be scum on the bandwagon?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Mikujin posted:

Why is DBD the case-maker on KK now? Looking back, your narrative has always been about how you and merk were the torch-bearers of the KK lynch-mob. Looking back, DBD didn't even case KK, but rather indicated he was getting gut reaction vibes from a few posts (he doesn't even vote KK at this point, ostensibly the "case").

For someone who was constantly developing a narrative of taking "responsibility" for KK flipping town, this is a convenient rewrite.

DBD made a case on KK at the exact same time I was writing my post about him. If you look at my original KK vote post you'll see I preview-edited to express mock dismay that he'd beaten me to catching (who I thought was) the scum.

Then merk joined in shortly thereafter.

That's all. DBD didn't push the case as hard as either me or merk after that, but I've been including him from the start as one of the case-makers because all three of us spotted more or less the same things about KK's posting at about the same time.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

xopods posted:

That's all. DBD didn't push the case as hard as either me or merk after that, but I've been including him from the start as one of the case-makers because all three of us spotted more or less the same things about KK's posting at about the same time.

If you're asking why I sometimes include DBD and sometimes not, it's exactly that: he was one of the Original Three, but didn't beat the drum to the same degree as me and merk later.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

kingcobweb posted:

You're being a dick, and we're not doing anything more productive day one than killing the wagon'd person who's being a dick.

I still think you are town - or at least, no more likely scum than a random player- but you are making the game monumentally unpleasant and not contributing.

For everyone analyzing my hammer during twilight, and during the day tomorrow: yes, I know the deadline isn't for anything 20-ish hours. Yes, I know I could let more people contribute. And I still think that there are plenty of other people more likely to be scum.

Consider this a policy guillotine (I'm trying to make this catch on) for acting like you've been acting.

##vote: Khris Kruel

As much as I wanna sympathize with voting the insufferable jerk off the island, I just don't like the game day ending early and I feel like this is sketchy.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

xopods posted:

DBD made a case on KK at the exact same time I was writing my post about him. If you look at my original KK vote post you'll see I preview-edited to express mock dismay that he'd beaten me to catching (who I thought was) the scum.

Then merk joined in shortly thereafter.

I know that you are referring to this post, but I'm not sure how that can be conflated to being a case, especially when it's literally prefaced by DBD saying it's gut. You are literally propping up his gut reaction post to the status of case and re-framing the narrative of who is responsible for lynching KK and - shockingly - it's no longer you!

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I used "literally" way too much just now for the sake of emphasis, but I stand by it.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

So here's how my though process has gone over the last half hour or so:

I initially wanted to see if there was anyone at the end of Day 1 who 1) didn't have a vote down at the end of the day or 2) put down their first vote either on KK as the bandwagon was picking up steam, or one someone else as the KK wagon was going. My thinking was that someone who was participating but didn't have a vote down somewhere by the end of the day was scummy, as well as someone who looked to be putting a vote down just to get a vote down somewhere and not stand out for not voting. This lead me to look at the last several people to vote for KK: KCW, E+, Dexanth Zzyzx and Leith.

I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but the E+ vote stuck out again for me. Not only because it put KK at -1, but also because his single prior vote (which I still read as a bullshit/joke vote without real reason behind it) was on CapnAndy on April 15 at 6:30pm eastern. His last minute change to KK on April 16 at 11:09pm eastern reads further to me as a panic switch to further try and blend in. There's a lot of time between those two and he just keeps reeking of scum to me.

The other person that ended up catching my attention is Jose. I was looking at the votes on other people to look for #2 above, and in looking at Jose's posting history, it doesn't look very good. There's the usual vote phase voting stuff, then once we started real discussion, there's still not much content at all. He had a joke vote on merk in the joke phase, then his second vote on Scientastic is here on April 15 at 1:37pm

Jose Valasquez posted:

Trap sprung. Only a death eater would vote for me! ##vote Scientastic

That's it. That's all his votes for the day. He does say that he's willing to vote for KK here

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'm fine with the KK launch, you can pretend I voted for him, I'm just holding off in case anyone else wants to say anything before hammer.

Which admittedly is pretty much the same reason I said I would vote KK and didn't, so I don't hold that against him necessarily, but with him not having put forth really any effort, the two in combination make it feel scummy. He also likes to lament a lot how D1 is useless;

Jose Valasquez posted:

I generally agree with everyone who says D1 sucks always and if you execute scum you usually got lucky.

Out of everything posted so far Scientastic's posts bug me the most, the out of the gate liger case felt uninspiring and forced but I lean "bad townie d1 case" more than "bad scum d1 case"

bowmore and yuming and ASAPRockySituation should post more

Jose Valasquez posted:

This is a common complaint with me on day 1.

I'm not good at identifying scum on day 1 (and I argue nobody is, sometimes people are just lucky) and I think that executing scum on d1 is usually counterproductive because it doesn't give them enough time to tie themselves to their scum buddies.

None of the existing arguments are compelling to me, it all just reads like the usual d1 bickering that happens. I've even reread most of the post histories in the game looking for something because I want to get the game moving, but there just isn't anything there yet.

And gives an excuse for why even though he's started playing mafia back when me, Spoonsy, TT and CapnAndy did, why he's bad now:

Jose Valasquez posted:

At this point we are all pretty much rookies again

You can look through his post history yourselves, but you won't find really any content there. Now, I do agree that the veterans might be rusty and might not be used to any new metas, but we still know how to play mafia. And that includes Jose. He knows better than how he's playing right now and his lack of contribution for D1 though he knows better comes off as really scummy to me.

I still like my vote on E+, but I am also very willing to put down a vote on Jose

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

xopods posted:

Sci is acting like Kellyanne to KK's Donald, repeating his talking points, justifying his behaviour. It's weird and feels not genuine... I feel like even a Townie who thought this was a bad lunch would be expressing more curiousity about the flip and perhaps thinking aloud about how a Scum or not-Scum flip would change his opinions about others.

It feels like he already knows what the flip will be, though why he'd be acting this way is less clear.

If KK's scum, maybe he's hoping we'll all say "well I thought he was defending a scumbuddy before, but why would he go on defending him so hard after he was already hammered?"
If KK's not scum, I guess the upside is more obvious, that he increases his own credibility and perhaps undermines the confidence of everyone who was fully convinced of KK's scumminess at the end.

(If anyone's wondering why I'm saying "not Scum" rather than "Town," I think there's some chance he ends up flipping 3P if his claim turns out to be true, since 3Ps hunting each other is a pretty common game-within-a-game in big setups).
You are setting up the rails to put your cart on track for Scientastic when KK flips town. You are also now needlessly throwing a 3rd party conspiracy theory nugget in there for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mikujin posted:

As much as I wanna sympathize with voting the insufferable jerk off the island, I just don't like the game day ending early and I feel like this is sketchy.

This is silly we had a lot of conversation beforehand it’s not like it stifled anything or was used to choke conversation off