Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

Didn't your Jumpgate come with an ac adapter? Otherwise, yes, use the Nintendo adapter. I just tried putting my phone charger on it, and it asked for the official charger.

No mine didn’t come with one. Yours did? Just checked and it looks like their AC adapter is sold separately. I’ll put an order in for the Nintendo adapter today, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I keep overthinking things in Good Job!

The warehouse level, there's a package you need to get on a little shelf you can't walk to

Near it is a machine that I thought was one of the vending machines that shoots a can when you use it. The machine is unpowered

There's a plug near all this

So I meticulously cleared the area and set the machine so that the soda would shoot out and hit the package and knock it off

Only then did I realize it wasn't even a vending machine, it just does nothing and the actual way to solve it is just ram the package with a board lol

Oh Mister B
Feb 29, 2008

i could not get thru september w/o a battle
lumines remastered is on sale. never has a game been so quick to confirm that im a drooling idiot

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

has anyone tried Convoy, this roguelike on the eShop? it looks very neat

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Social Animal posted:

No mine didn’t come with one. Yours did? Just checked and it looks like their AC adapter is sold separately. I’ll put an order in for the Nintendo adapter today, thanks.

I kick-started it, my bundle came with an adapter.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Oh Mister B posted:

lumines remastered is on sale. never has a game been so quick to confirm that im a drooling idiot

It gets easier. :glomp:

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I am going to play Tales of Vesperia for the first time with the definitive edition, which is on sale for $20. The Tales of series is notorious for having a LOT of permanently missable content, and I understand Vesperia is no exception. My plan, however, is try and just not worry too much about it my first play through and save the 100% dreams for a future new game+. However, is there anything *big* that I should know going in? Anything on the scale, for example, of the following Tales of Symphonia spoiler: be nice to Zelos or else he will loving DIE?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

bushisms.txt posted:

I kick-started it, my bundle came with an adapter.

what the heck, I did too but I just got a dock. I dont remember if there were other tiers though

edit: ok yeah I just did the dock + core

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Ogmius815 posted:

I am going to play Tales of Vesperia for the first time with the definitive edition, which is on sale for $20. The Tales of series is notorious for having a LOT of permanently missable content, and I understand Vesperia is no exception. My plan, however, is try and just not worry too much about it my first play through and save the 100% dreams for a future new game+. However, is there anything *big* that I should know going in? Anything on the scale, for example, of the following Tales of Symphonia spoiler: be nice to Zelos or else he will loving DIE?

There's nothing like that in the original release, at least. You can miss artes, major sidequests and bonus bosses, and equipment (one character's final weapon is a pretty famous one for how many times you can accidentally lock yourself out of it) but I don't think there's anything as major as an entire character or anything you can miss out on.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Social Animal posted:

I have the jumpgate but in the market for an AC adapter. You using the Nintendo adapter? I'm wondering if it's OK with third party when it comes to that piece.

I can’t vouch for all third-party chargers of course, but I have used it with this Amazon-branded charger and it seems to work just fine.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

has anyone tried Convoy, this roguelike on the eShop? it looks very neat

I played it on pc, and it is kind of neat and fun, if pretty hard at times, but the boss fights, both optional and the mandatory final one, are complete and utter garbage bullshit.

Quoting an old post of mine about my run in with the final boss. Spoilered, for those that might care about the end boss of a game from 2013.

quote:

The final boss of Convoy is broken bullshit. Multiple parts to blow off, lots of hard hitting weapons, he brings 4 loving minibosses with him, and apparently there's even more bs that happens, but I died and gave up before reaching that. gently caress whoever thought a weird shumpy enduro-boss was a good idea in game where you can't heal during a fight and only have a max of 4 moveable vehicles and one stationary one.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

when is best game of 2013 NintendoLand getting a switch port with online multiplayer

i would even be fine with just a sequel to the Donkey Kong game

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Man apparently with the stay at home orders, the switch is again hard to find and resale prices are like they were when the system came out a few years ago.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

cerebral posted:

Thanks for all the kid-friendly recommendations. We have Kirby Star Allies already and he loves it. I am less enamored by it because the novelty of having a 6 year old boss me around wears off real quick, especially now that I'm homeschooling him. "No DAD, BEHIND ME!" Lots of sass and judgment until Dad revives everyone and saves the boss fight from being a wipe. I think we'll go with a "Mom plays the regular levels, Dad comes in for Bosses" rule to keep me sane.

I was shocked that he liked Bastion, death and loss are tough issues for him and he has a lot of strong emotions when those themes come up, so much so that most Disney movies are still a no-go for us because he can't get past the fact that one or more of the protagonist's parents are almost always dead. For whatever reason, the fact that pretty much everyone was dead in Bastion didn't seem to bug him in the slightest.

How did I forget to mention Tropical Freeze? It has funky Kong mode and is chock full of stuff to do.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

+1 to everyone recommending 2A today. I was getting loads of logins, even to the point of changing the password on my Gmail because I thought that got taken, but no it was just Nintendo and 2A cleared it all up.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

First of May posted:

Are there any good third-party docks that will work with a case on the Switch? Or like, a breakout dongle that just plugs in with a cable? I want something I can use at my desk without a lot of hassle.

I just got a Genki covert dock in from their Kickstarter. It's very small and very nice!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

infraboy posted:

Man apparently with the stay at home orders, the switch is again hard to find and resale prices are like they were when the system came out a few years ago.

Yes you're about a month late on realising this

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

infraboy posted:

1) Make a Twitter Account
2) Follow this account:
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1251662890609721345?s=21
3) Whenever new shipments of Switches hit big box retailers or online retailers, they will tweet about it
4) you’ll have about 6 hours before they sell out again.

My roommate got hers from Best Buy with use of this method this week, and I got one of my D&D buddies there console the same way last week.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

1) Make a Twitter Account
2) Follow this account:
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1251662890609721345?s=21
3) Whenever new shipments of Switches hit big box retailers or online retailers, they will tweet about it
4) you’ll have about 6 hours before they sell out again.

My roommate got hers from Best Buy with use of this method this week, and I got one of my D&D buddies there console the same way last week.

Man I missed that deal!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Man. I remember once I used to love Disgea on the DS and thought I was falling love with a new series until the game decided to completely destroy any affection I had for it by suddenly introducing and insurmountable grind wall that wouldve taken me a hundred hours to get through a third of the way into the game. Never picked up any of the games since.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
thats pretty much the post game of every disgaea game yeah.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I forget what the game was called but my best friend/college roommate played this old PS2 JRPG with like over 1,000 hours on his save file. Every time I’d ask him about it he’d be like “oh dude it’s awesome after the game you unlock a dungeon with 10,000 levels and you can grind your characters and all their abilities to level 1,000 and then you can kill them and resurrect them as like kid versions of themselves with maxed stats and then level them all up again and restart them with even more maximum stats and then grind more of the dungeons and unlock more characters...” and just on and on like that. This was in 2009 and if he still owns a PS2 there is no way he isn’t booting it up once a month.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The main story of disgaea requires no grinding.

The postgame is all about figuring out creative ways of shooting your stats into he stratosphere using creative griding methods as fast as possible.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Apr 19, 2020

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

hahaha if you want to mess around with a good piece of shovelware style poo poo get the demo for THE CASEBOOK OF ARKADY SMITH

:discourse:

driving my weird electric (???) car around while copycat npcs complain about their umbrella and etc. took awhile to even get out of the apartment.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Andrast posted:

The main story of disgaea requires no grinding.

It was the main story that got me, a third of the way through the game it suddenly introduced a level that was so beyond the levels I was currently at it absolutely wouldve taken me hundreds of hours of grinding to make that level beatable.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I dug the neocab demo, tho. one of these days I figure I'll buy the full version.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

It was the main story that got me, a third of the way through the game it suddenly introduced a level that was so beyond the levels I was currently at it absolutely wouldve taken me hundreds of hours of grinding to make that level beatable.

This is absolutely not true. You must have misunderstood some importartant mechanics or something because the main story is just a normal srpg with no emphasis on grinding.

Besides, even the postgame requires nowhere near "hundreds of hours" to do it and that is all about maximizing stats.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Andrast posted:

This is absolutely not true. You must have misunderstood some importartant mechanics or something because the main story is just a normal srpg with no emphasis on grinding.

Ok maybe I was just a dumb kid but I distinctly recall a level being super way above mine at some point and when I realized I might need to enter the 'special zone' to grind just to be high enough I went 'gently caress this' and dropped it. Maybe if I revisited it I'd realize what I did wrong.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The only grinding I'll ever do is grinding on rails with my boyfriend Sonic the Hedgehog.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Mega64 posted:

The only grinding I'll ever do is grinding on rails with my boyfriend Sonic the Hedgehog.

:hmmyes:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

I forget what the game was called but my best friend/college roommate played this old PS2 JRPG with like over 1,000 hours on his save file. Every time I’d ask him about it he’d be like “oh dude it’s awesome after the game you unlock a dungeon with 10,000 levels and you can grind your characters and all their abilities to level 1,000 and then you can kill them and resurrect them as like kid versions of themselves with maxed stats and then level them all up again and restart them with even more maximum stats and then grind more of the dungeons and unlock more characters...” and just on and on like that. This was in 2009 and if he still owns a PS2 there is no way he isn’t booting it up once a month.

That’s Disgaea

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Disgaea did have a part where you're faced with a dude whose four times stronger than you are, but it's one of those fights you're supposed to lose.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

doingitwrong posted:

That’s Disgaea

lmao that owns

sounds absolutely terrible

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Bulgakov posted:

I dug the neocab demo, tho. one of these days I figure I'll buy the full version.

I liked NeoCab a lot. The story had some really thoughtful moments and went unexpected places. Strong recommend if you like VNs.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Torquemadras posted:

Hello thread.

I hunger for Picross

Picross 4 seems to be on the horizon, but I was wondering what else was there. I checked out Murder by Numbers, but from what I've seen, it's nowhere near as engaging as a Phoenix Wright game story-wise, aaaand I kinda hate all the character designs.

Seriously, I need some Picross guys

Voxelgram is similar to Picross but 3D, it might scratch the itch. I believe it has a demo on Steam but not on Switch, if you want to check it out first.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao that owns

sounds absolutely terrible

Some people really, really enjoy watching numbers get bigger, and Disgaea is all about figuring out how to break the game so hard that the numbers don't fit in the text boxes correctly anymore.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Mega64 posted:

sonic soaps on rails

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Is no one going to mention it's called "The Promise of Sardines Edition"?

What?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That's Disgaea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is no one going to mention it's called "The Promise of Sardines Edition"?

What?

IIRC the main character is a vampire who is addicted to sardines instead of blood.