Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Just how high would the body count of an even more evil Tenno be?

Also, the evil Tenno antagonists are already in the game and they press the elevator button just before you can enter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Look at this bum who lets the pubbies beat him to the elevator.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Antigravitas posted:

Also, the evil Tenno antagonists are already in the game and they press the elevator button just before you can enter.

hosts that leaving in the middle of a obj.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

yeah, I was thinking more 'evil mastermind' than the Stalker a.k.a. the Dread blueprint delivery guy.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Stalker isn't a tenno, despite what hunhow would have you believe

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Pipski posted:

I think they should introduce an evil tenno as a villain at some point though. That could be cool.

Uranus is a medical research facility to cure genetic diseases that are corrupting and exterminating the entire grineer race so the tenno shows up to murder the scientists and do a huge genocide in exchange for a gammacor blueprint and an exilus adapter.

Stalker Did Nothing Wrong

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

To be fair having the Space Nazi Orcs upgrade to Super Space Nazi Orcs is not a good thing.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

Uranus is a medical research facility to cure genetic diseases that are corrupting and exterminating the entire grineer race so the tenno shows up to murder the scientists and do a huge genocide in exchange for a gammacor blueprint and an exilus adapter.

Stalker Did Nothing Wrong

I literally laughed out loud at that. gently caress you, you won't cure cancer on my watch.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Of course, one issue is if the Grineer fixed their genetic issues, would they just be a bigger more sustainable army of assholes? (Yes because of Queens.)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

tenno can have just a little ethnic cleansing, as a treat

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Do you think after we do a mission they send in a clean up crew to recycle all the parts? So we're technically just murdering the same few thousand recycled mans.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Spudd posted:

Do you think after we do a mission they send in a clean up crew to recycle all the parts? So we're technically just murdering the same few thousand recycled mans.

We're all just living in a version of Sanctuary Onslaught :spooky:

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

tenno can have just a little ethnic cleansing, as a treat

fuckin lmao

We could do something like conduct our own Grineer genetic modification research to make them not such huge militaristic assholes but that would involve an event or a quest and faction updates and voice lines, maybe reworking the star chart dynamic to include friendly Grineer or a new faction, etc etc etc. I've thought something like this would be cool for a long time but DE has enough on their plate, and given our game play rescuing any amount of Grineer would probably involve warcriming exponentially more Grineer.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Spudd posted:

"Uhh... we're entering the unresponsive vessel. Huhh, no signs of Infestation so far. Ramn, there are casualties. Mm-hmm, everywhere. It looks like, uhh, blade weapons. Yeah. Ra-pat-tok! Uh-huh, Tenno skoom! Yeah, they're all dead. Mark this ship for repopulation. "

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

FunkyFjord posted:

fuckin lmao

We could do something like conduct our own Grineer genetic modification research to make them not such huge militaristic assholes but that would involve an event or a quest and faction updates and voice lines, maybe reworking the star chart dynamic to include friendly Grineer or a new faction, etc etc etc. I've thought something like this would be cool for a long time but DE has enough on their plate, and given our game play rescuing any amount of Grineer would probably involve warcriming exponentially more Grineer.

I mean Steel Meridian might as well be the closest thing to friendly Grineer, right? DE wouldn't even need to make a new faction if so. But i know the Defection missions have you rescuing Grineer and making Sargus Ruk extremely mad.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
i believe the grineer have special orokin clone machines now. its the reason they started to suddenly expand so much. in the past their cloning was much slower so they were just weird asteroid miners who did no harm to anyone. then they found the orokin era cloners and the queens could control them so they suddenly could create clones at a insane rate. i think tenno cant really control the orokin machines either since it probably above their clearance so all they could do is destroy them.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

The grineer have always had orokin cloning machines.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Jumpoff posted:

I mean Steel Meridian might as well be the closest thing to friendly Grineer, right? DE wouldn't even need to make a new faction if so. But i know the Defection missions have you rescuing Grineer and making Sargus Ruk extremely mad.

They're not just friendly Grineer but among the only unambiguous "good guys" in the game universe. I'll never forget during the introduction of the defection missions getting a contact from Hexis that was basically "The Grineer are going to unjustly execute these defectors for the crime of disobedience. Deliver them to us so we may justly execute them for other, different crimes."

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

FunkyFjord posted:

fuckin lmao

There is reason to believe that the genetic degradation they're suffering from, is what's making them more aggressive, looking at the ghouls for example, and how the more cybernetics they have, the less, you know, sane they seem(For example, sargas ruk)

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

No, the warlike nature is because the Orokin turned old menial work slaves into new war slaves, the Grineer were loving things up perfectly well in the last days of the Orokin, the ghouls are more aggressive because they are hosed up garbage genesoup hoped up on twenty tons of stimulants to make them unaware of the fact that they are actively melting down far faster than the average Grineer. Also they are fresh from the bag and pretty much literally children.

And the Grineer re-emergence is for reasons unknown, it just got Lotus to start putting frozen Tenno in the microwave because it got some turbo-fash with militaristic imperialistic characteristics all over the place and finished the Corpus' transformation into turbo-fash with corporate imperialistic characteristics, whatever they were before (just a few steps below) and even longer before (the next nightwave). Why the Queens decided it was time to poke their heads out of wherever they were, who knows, but it got Tyl Reggor to poke at Uranus and, oh boy, he found interesting things there, and there we are.

What the generic degradation is making them more short-lived and causing physical disabilities. And skin infections.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 21, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Antigravitas posted:

Well, you know those sabotage missions where you blow up grineer or corpus battleships from the inside?

All the corpus civilians live on ships just like those too...

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Hey remember when we spent months hunting non-military targets that were rescued from a Grineer prison

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
the cockgoblins threw molotovs at you that hurt like hell. non military my rear end.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

SIGSEGV posted:

No, the warlike nature is because the Orokin turned old menial work slaves into new war slaves, the Grineer were loving things up perfectly well in the last days of the Orokin, the ghouls are more aggressive because they are hosed up garbage genesoup hoped up on twenty tons of stimulants to make them unaware of the fact that they are actively melting down far faster than the average Grineer. Also they are fresh from the bag and pretty much literally children.

And the Grineer re-emergence is for reasons unknown, it just got Lotus to start putting frozen Tenno in the microwave because it got some turbo-fash with militaristic imperialistic characteristics all over the place and finished the Corpus' transformation into turbo-fash with corporate imperialistic characteristics, whatever they were before (just a few steps below) and even longer before (the next nightwave). Why the Queens decided it was time to poke their heads out of wherever they were, who knows, but it got Tyl Reggor to poke at Uranus and, oh boy, he found interesting things there, and there we are.

What the generic degradation is making them more short-lived and causing physical disabilities. And skin infections.

The lore from the synthesis imprints gives a different story. Not gonna post it here because it's really long but read the Arid Eviscerator and Guardsman entries here (or on the console in Simaris's room, after you've completed them).

The grineer who rebelled against their orokin masters were basically manual laborer slave-clones who were being sent to their deaths against the infested, armed with power tools.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1187004-public-test-cluster-opt-in-key-lottery/
You can now (24 hours only) apply to the closed beta of Railjack Revisited that's starting on the 23rd.

BMan posted:

"Uhh... we're entering the unresponsive vessel. Huhh, no signs of Infestation so far. Ramn, there are casualties. Mm-hmm, everywhere. It looks like, uhh, blade weapons. Yeah. Ra-pat-tok! Uh-huh, Tenno skoom! Yeah, they're all dead. Mark this ship for repopulation. "
The voice acting on this radio broadcast makes it sound like a Tenno operative badly pretending to be a legitimate Grineer reporting in

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I rather enjoy hearing non-flanged Grineer voices. Like, just a regular grunt walking into a Grineer galleon and seeing hundreds of his mutilated clone-brothers in desecrated piles and sighing because he'd seen this poo poo a hundred times.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The lore from the synthesis imprints gives a different story. Not gonna post it here because it's really long but read the Arid Eviscerator and Guardsman entries here (or on the console in Simaris's room, after you've completed them).

The grineer who rebelled against their orokin masters were basically manual laborer slave-clones who were being sent to their deaths against the infested, armed with power tools.

I'm fairly sure that they weren't made to serve against the Infested but against the Sentients, and that the Infested outbreak was because at the end of the war, and things had gone to poo poo, Grineer were regular slaves and then also used as war slaves, to mass produce some zeroo tech soldiers, the person speaking in the Mag Prime blurb is probably one of them. The laborers also started rebelling as they were misused and I guess something in the flock mind went wrong, we don't really know how the mass production goes, but since they mention a flock mind, it might be some Kuva fuckery and all the Grineer might be linked on some tiny level.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Orokin materials tech was always a hybrid of metals and ceramics and biologicals. So the Infestation was always derived from an application of Orokin tech.

The Orokin deliberately released the Infestation onto the outer colonies. Not because it could actually infect the Sentients, but because all the civilian population better served the Orokin as mindless frenzied zombie drones that would speedbump the Sentients. In the calculus between retaining the colonies for the industrial output, and the associated cost that would go alongside that (defending these civilians), their lives meant nothing to the Golden Lords.

The Tenno betrayal plunged the system into further chaos, but this was possibly the only time that the Orokin were ever vulnerable to karmic retribution, when their guard was down.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I think it makes perfect sense that some Grineer rebelled and others were made more warlike by the Orokin, there were probably lots of Grineer all over the system even if that's no where near as many as now.

And Steel Meridian definitely are a good guy faction focused on rescuing Grineer. I just think it would be cool have a separate faction of allied Grineer, made from all the people Meridian rescued. But I think something like this would also best be saved for an overall larger general faction and active world rework. Like a big or main update that also included new Corpus and Infested stuff, maybe even locations and a small series of quests.

Cool little poo poo that one could do with Warframe's world is probably part of why DE is constantly running in so many different directions.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
I would really like to see more in the way of space colonies. Like there had to be tons of older pre-Orokin styled rotating habitats out there. Even if most of them got blown up i'd still love to be able to rummage around in them.

Of course the Orokin do seem to be the kind of asshats that would deliberately destroy anything that predates them.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
So I'm halfway through my arcanes list on scarlet spear, and I can see people already petering out of the event (on switch). Which is fine, I've got the three big arcanes, working on the tier down. But I'd still like to earn credits and try to finish up the necessary arcanes and hopefully make it to the weapons. I'll still team up and farm when I can, but assuming that I'm on at a weird time, (common during quarantine), I want to try and figure out a solo set up.

I don't have a Paracesis or exodia contagion to work with, so I've been running fulmin and redeemer prime. I did it with limbo once, but that took like an hour and was miserable. I was considering taking up zephyr, I tested her 4 and it seems to completely protect oplinks while her 1 gave good speed.

Was wondering if anyone else had any zephyr tips or tricks to advise?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Guilty posted:

So I'm halfway through my arcanes list on scarlet spear, and I can see people already petering out of the event (on switch). Which is fine, I've got the three big arcanes, working on the tier down. But I'd still like to earn credits and try to finish up the necessary arcanes and hopefully make it to the weapons. I'll still team up and farm when I can, but assuming that I'm on at a weird time, (common during quarantine), I want to try and figure out a solo set up.

I don't have a Paracesis or exodia contagion to work with, so I've been running fulmin and redeemer prime. I did it with limbo once, but that took like an hour and was miserable. I was considering taking up zephyr, I tested her 4 and it seems to completely protect oplinks while her 1 gave good speed.

Was wondering if anyone else had any zephyr tips or tricks to advise?

Go all-in on duration to have her go entirely unreasonably fast and hit walls all the time.

... not all that many tricks to Zephyr I'm afraid. She'll do fine for most of it but Limbo frees all other slots for pure damage.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
What do I need to be a good Frost in Scarlet Spear? All in on power strength for avalanche armor stripping?

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

mortons stork posted:

What do I need to be a good Frost in Scarlet Spear? All in on power strength for avalanche armor stripping?

Yeah. A decent sized globe helps, so you can cover all the oplinks under the same one. Otherwise you'll have to fiddle around and might end up blocking your own squads fire. Remember that you can pop the globes by firing your 1 at them. Also, standing at the same spot and casting globe several times adds stacks to its health. The Chilling Globe augment is also a big help in the ground mission.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Scarlet Spear is weak from a story standpoint since the Sentient attack is an all-hands-on-deck situation and yet the 6 syndicates and Teshin are nowhere to be found.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
i dont think syndicates have much input on the matter since they dont have tenno to send to the cause. teshin not screaming about how right he was and how we arent ready and are all gently caress because nobody prepared in the conclaive is pretty jarring though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what are you talking about? your best friend teshin is right over there, same as always.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

what are you talking about? your best friend teshin is right over there, same as always.

He gives me guns and cool looking weapons with spinners on it.

He is A-OK in my book :waycool:

Edit: I just got the Sigma & Octantis, I am enjoying it quite a lot. I am basically building it like I would the Silva & Aegis Prime. Seems to be working out.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Apr 22, 2020

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Screaming Idiot posted:

I really hope Nora doesn't leave though, she makes my orbiter feel friendlier and she pisses off the chuds who get mad that a woman of color is in their video game. Seems like every day I see someone bitch about Nora and end up getting kicked when they start spitting slurs, and it always warms my heart to see their impotent rage.

Oh no. Did I miss something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Got another question, my Gara used to upgrade splinter storm damage by 5k at a jump. After the shield gating update, with no changes to my builds, the splinter storm damage is barely upgrading by 1k. Does anyone know how to increase the splinter storm value?

Edit: using galatine prime maxed for slash since I don't have a riven

Guilty fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 22, 2020