Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I really can't believe Vegeta is being held back this long just to job ... right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

New chapter is out https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006597

In a week with no manga, it's greatly appreciated. About the chapter itself, I like that Goku is still unable to keep Sign up for long, it at least doesn't make him near-invincible. He can't use the full UI at will as expected. That said, I still feel the manga doesn't do a great job showing UI. Even beyond the limits of a static image, the idea of UI -Sign- is that it's near-perfect at defense, evading everything with insane reaction times thanks to the user's entire body acting on its own. That isn't shown here, that got heavily nerfed to just "is really fast" which is extremely underwhelming in Dragon Ball. The art keeps showing this badly too, with Goku's moves showing far more effort than they really should, although he still looks a lot better now than he did during the manga's Tournament of Power.

The fact that UI does nothing against Moro's main thing beyond maybe letting him dodge something that seemed completely undodgeable before is kind of weird too, but I get that Vegeta will have the answer to this problem and as a Vegeta fan I am cool with that. But manga UI keeps being kind of terribly underwhelming and just feels like another transformation unlike the mystical, completely unique thing it was in the anime.

:agreed: for the most part.

the whole dodging the drain is retarded and doesn't make sense. We literally saw him drain Vegeta, Goku and the planet New Namek at the same time. Multiple times even without pointing or doing anything at all.
They should've just said that it doesn't work because ui is a divine technique.

Still, despite that though I'm enjoying this fight.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Siegkrow posted:

I hope Vegeta gets jobbed.

But that's every arc!

ImpAtom posted:

Actually what will happen is that Vegeta will allow ALL his energy to be absorbed but it will be too much and the villain will explode.

Though now I wonder if Moro does have an absorption threshold like Yakon.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Vegeta learning magic and weird spirit arts would fukken own

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Like he hasn't taken enough of Piccolo's shtick

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm not really going to give the manga crap for not portraying ultra instinct as effectively, since animation allows to show more fluid movements better.

It's kinda like how king crimson from jojo's is way easier to comprehend in animation then in manga form.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 20, 2020

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the kengan asura dude could do it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Siegkrow posted:

I hope Vegeta gets jobbed.

Same.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

the kengan asura dude could do it.
The Kengan Asura dude could write a script on the heartwarming tale of ruthless assassins that only perform hits on childhood friends and I would read it. Hell, Taro Yoko might read it.

I know Suda51 has made assassins commonplace by now, but dangit, that's how good Sandrovich is when he tries.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hey look a DBZ villain thats tricky and uses weird techniques-oh he just powered up. that was nice while it lasted.

And I actually like UI being fooled by magic. Hope that it continues to be a thing.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

makes sense the satanic goat magic lord can counter the angel technique

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Prediction: Goku beats this dude just as Vegeta shows up, Vegeta gets pissy about being unable to show off his new tricks, Goku reassures him he can use them on the next villain, DB goes on hiatus for ten to twelve years

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Black August posted:

makes sense the satanic goat magic lord can counter the angel technique

Doesn't Moro have an AOE succ powers anyway? Goku being able to dodge it now seems weird considering the big radius it covered before.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Doesn't Moro have an AOE succ powers anyway? Goku being able to dodge it now seems weird considering the big radius it covered before.

why does it need to make sense

"Goku is using a technique that makes him move and fight like an angel, and he's so quick like this that he can move through the unseen gaps in Moro's attacks"

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Goku's UI dodges are the size of planets!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Goku's UI dodges are the size of planets!

every thing he does has iframes!

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Probably should have given him the succ while he was palming his skull but what do I know

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Black August posted:

why does it need to make sense

"Goku is using a technique that makes him move and fight like an angel, and he's so quick like this that he can move through the unseen gaps in Moro's attacks"

Fair enough. Though I agree that Moro really didn't take advantage of all of the moments of contact.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

every thing he does has iframes!

He keeps dodgerolling!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Ultra Instinct is pretty much basically Perfect Play AI. Now we just need to see TAS Goku.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Ultra Instinct is pretty much basically Perfect Play AI. Now we just need to see TAS Goku.

Frieza% glitch run no reccoome loop

Goku takes advantage of a physics bug in bulmas ship that propels him to namek faster, then manipulates friezas AI to kill Krillin at the first possible moment which jumps the story to the final battle.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ginyu skip was the biggest time save found

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

You guys laugh but I think this, minus the game talk, was pretty much the plot of that yamcha reincarnation mini manga

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The reveal of that manga's main villain was great. :allears:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Prediction: Goku beats this dude just as Vegeta shows up, Vegeta gets pissy about being unable to show off his new tricks, Goku reassures him he can use them on the next villain, DB goes on hiatus for ten to twelve years

The perfect way to end Super.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The reveal of that manga's main villain was great. :allears:

:hmmyes:

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Frieza% glitch run no reccoome loop

Goku takes advantage of a physics bug in bulmas ship that propels him to namek faster, then manipulates friezas AI to kill Krillin at the first possible moment which jumps the story to the final battle.

Amusingly a speed runner found a couple of new glitchs in the snes super saiyan RPG sometime a year or two ago. Radar% uses the dragon radar to glitch you out of bounds and avoid all encou terms to skip around 1/3rd of the game. Gohan strongest there is uses an overflow to uh... Make Gohan strongest there is.

You have to stall the freeza fight because if Gohan punches him out before goku arrives it can softlock.

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol
I haven't watched Dragon Ball in like 18 years and am suddenly getting really nostalgic for really bad VHS fansubs with commercials and really dumb cursing added in. I've fell into a wormhole searching far and wide online and haven't turned up much. Is there any way to still watch like this out there?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Every now and again I wonder how "don't piss off the God of love" made it into the original dub. Idk how many times they've re dubbed dbz but I think the most recent one is all that's available to stream.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Spoke Lee posted:

I haven't watched Dragon Ball in like 18 years and am suddenly getting really nostalgic for really bad VHS fansubs with commercials and really dumb cursing added in. I've fell into a wormhole searching far and wide online and haven't turned up much. Is there any way to still watch like this out there?

I used to have a ton of those but sadly lost them to a flooding incident a few years ago :(

darkeshado
Feb 23, 2015
A minor detail in the latest chapter got me thinking about the timeline and where the series is going. Gohan mentioned that they gathered the Dragon Balls, given that it has only been two months since the Namekian Dragon Balls were used and those need four months to be used again he must be talking about Earth's Dragon Balls which were last used in the Broly movie. Only one wish was used in the movie but I chalk that up to Toriyama forgetting how many wishes Shenron grants now, while Shenron can grant a wish a be sent away for four months as was shown in the Buu Saga Cheelai shouldn't know that you can do that so I'm assuming we are now a full year after the Broly movie. If it has been a year then we are less than two years away from the end of Z, which means Super is either close to ending or finally going past the end of Z, I do hope that it's the latter as there are a lot of things I would like to see if the story continues, follow up with Broly and seeing if he ever gets to control his Super Saiyan form, follow up with the U6 Saiyans and their development, seeing Pan and Bra become Super Saiyans.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
And putting the final nail in the GT coffin.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

GT will always be real

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Namtab posted:

GT will always be real

Hmm nah

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

GT is a weird AU where Goku kept pushing the limits of Super Saiyan without god ki.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nobody can ever prove that GT is not real and true canon

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Namtab posted:

Nobody can ever prove that GT is not real and true canon

Pan is a supersaiyan as a zygote but unable to go super saiyan in GT ergo...

also she beats up a more powerful trunks as a baby but needs protection from the weakest trunks in GT...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Literally one of the very first things DBS did was to have the Pilaf gang transformed into children which literally is the exact opposite of how GT begins.

It was about as blatant a "GT isn't happening" as they can get.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
At the same time they play to the GT crowd with DLC, a SSJ4 for every black-haired Saiyan they can find and little winks in GT in Super. Can't really blame GT fans for clinging to the hope that one day it'll be back in canon.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Remake dragon ball gt frame for frame but when gokus gonna fight baby vegeta broly shows up and just starts bodying everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It's clearly a split timeline, just like the Legend of Zelda canon.