Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Holy poo poo that's amazing!

I checked out the Photoshop phridays religiously I don't know how I missed that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Pick posted:

It's weird to me Clamato is primarily a mixer. I mean I know it is, but I've known a lot of people who drink it who've never used it that way. You just, you know, drink it. It's got sugar and salt. Basically unfiltered tomato gatorade with a smack o' clam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_ufQs2Z3f0

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Clamato sounnds incredibly vile, not gonna lie. And that's coming from someone who loves seafood. I'm sure if I'd try it I might enjoy it, but having never heard of it before it sounds absolutely terrible. It's like, I don't know, gorgonzola milk or something that does not sounds like it should be together.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pick posted:

It's weird to me Clamato is primarily a mixer. I mean I know it is, but I've known a lot of people who drink it who've never used it that way. You just, you know, drink it. It's got sugar and salt. Basically unfiltered tomato gatorade with a smack o' clam.

Smack o' Clam is halfway to being a great drag name but it's not quite there

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Son of Rodney posted:

Clamato sounnds incredibly vile, not gonna lie. And that's coming from someone who loves seafood. I'm sure if I'd try it I might enjoy it, but having never heard of it before it sounds absolutely terrible. It's like, I don't know, gorgonzola milk or something that does not sounds like it should be together.

Everyone drinks it as a joke.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Son of Rodney posted:

I'm going to tell you the terrible secret, which is it it has absolutely no clam flavor. It is really just tomato juice with a shitload of MSG in it.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
It took me a while to figure out what the German train jokes were but I think they are Holocaust jokes?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

dialhforhero posted:

It took me a while to figure out what the German train jokes were but I think they are Holocaust jokes?

Some of them maybe, but germans just fuckin' love train simulator games.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I've seen a number of professional and amateur videos that suggests that Germans love running trains

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Memento posted:

Tomato juice. No problem.

What the gently caress is clam juice? Do they squeeze the clams? Or puree them?

Guessing it's a better choice than Mountain Dew

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Son of Rodney posted:

Gorgonzola milk is one step away from being a blue cheese cream sauce, which I can get behind.

Clamato is how Canada ruined the Bloody Mary.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

dialhforhero posted:

It's perhaps misquoting the old saying 'say what you will about Mussolini, but at least he got the trains to run on time'

Alos, Germans do like model trains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mNhxi_D5kE

Shut up Meg has a new favorite as of 16:22 on Apr 21, 2020

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shut up Meg posted:

It's actually misquoting the factoid that 'say what you will about Mussolini, but at least he got the trains to run on time'
Which is also wrong! He just had his propaganda guys go around trumpeting that he made the trains run on time, without actually doing it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah I thought it was referencing the German tendency to unwind with a nice relaxing hobby like insanely detailed train sets and work simulators

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Zereth posted:

Which is also wrong! He just had his propaganda guys go around trumpeting that he made the trains run on time, without actually doing it.
:hmmyes:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Captain Splendid posted:

Gorgonzola milk is one step away from being a blue cheese cream sauce, which I can get behind.

Clamato is how Canada ruined the Bloody Mary.

That's my point, it's like somebody almost made something that works and then just did a left turn just before finishing the thought. Clams and the juice could go well in a lot of seafood soups, but just with tomato?

Actually clamato could be a good basis for a variant of clam chowder maybe? Hmm.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Smaque McClamm

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
The Smaque of the Red Clam

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Son of Rodney posted:

That's my point, it's like somebody almost made something that works and then just did a left turn just before finishing the thought. Clams and the juice could go well in a lot of seafood soups, but just with tomato?

Actually clamato could be a good basis for a variant of clam chowder maybe? Hmm.

Clams and tomato sauces go together in some pasta dishes.

But to repeat as someone else already said, Clamato does not have much of a clam taste. It's just like extra savoury and salty tomato juice and the majority of the company's sales of the product are as a mixer for Caesar's.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

gently caress I want some Gorgonzola milk so badly now, I don’t care how long it takes to milk it’s little teats

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/litcapital/status/1252372085801803780?s=19

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Haha clam and tomato in a bloody Mary? What will those kooky Canadians think of next!
*Dumps Worcestershire sauce into their bloody mary*

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lobok posted:

Clams and tomato sauces go together in some pasta dishes.

But to repeat as someone else already said, Clamato does not have much of a clam taste. It's just like extra savoury and salty tomato juice and the majority of the company's sales of the product are as a mixer for Caesar's.

My dad likes to tell a story about how he was on a training course somewhere in the States before Caesars had really made it down there. He ordered one, got a blank look, explained that it was basically a Bloody Mary with Clamato instead of tomato juice. Got another blank look about "Clamato", explained that it was like tomato juice but with a bit of clam juice in it. The bartender went "oh, okay!" and was going to send someone to the back to get the bottle of clam juice, and that's when dad decided he didn't want a Caesar after all.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Clam juice used to be like something you'd just drink. As a shot.

It's mostly just savory. It's fine.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Goons can have little a clam juice. As a shot.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phy posted:

My dad likes to tell a story about how he was on a training course somewhere in the States before Caesars had really made it down there. He ordered one, got a blank look, explained that it was basically a Bloody Mary with Clamato instead of tomato juice. Got another blank look about "Clamato", explained that it was like tomato juice but with a bit of clam juice in it. The bartender went "oh, okay!" and was going to send someone to the back to get the bottle of clam juice, and that's when dad decided he didn't want a Caesar after all.

The first blank look is where you should stop but still good he came to his senses.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Goons can have little a clam juice. As a shot.

I bet it would improve a shot of Malort.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

That's impossible.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It'd be hard-pressed to make it worse.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Please stop talking about Pick's clam juice

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Splicer posted:

Thread title

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Splicer posted:

Mott's :colbert:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Malört means absinthe wormwood.

Malort means mothplace.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Son of Rodney posted:

Mix it with beer

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bud light sucks but micheladas are great.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

zedprime posted:

Haha clam and tomato in a bloody Mary? What will those kooky Canadians think of next!
*Dumps Worcestershire sauce into their bloody mary*

Worcestershire sauce is amazing in anything I will fuckin fight you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Field Mousepad posted:

Worcestershire sauce is amazing in anything I will fuckin fight you

And it's a good way to get the anchovy your body craves.