Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

##vote xopods

Lets test it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Humalong posted:

I can guarantee multiple cops equals different sanities

Mr. Humalong posted:

Sane/Insane/Naive/Paranoid

I would guess none of the cops are sane

Pussy Quipped posted:

##vote xopods

Lets test it

Just the worst

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Your Personal Muse posted:

Just the worst

All cops are sane and objectively correct

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

All cops are sane and objectively correct

You know what else all cops are?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

I am in fact Town. Not scum, not third-party. Not fourth- or fifth-party either.

So, dmboogie's investigation is wrong or he's lying.

It's natural to guess the former here, because everyone's already assuming that there are going to be multiple cops of varying sanity.

However, that also makes claiming Cop an extremely safe and beneficial claim for Scum. Everyone's already expecting that you'll be counterclaimed and that some of your investigations will be wrong, so you're never going to get lunched purely on the basis of your claim, and you can feed Town whatever information you want. You'll also benefit from everyone's instinctive aversion to suggesting we lunch the claimed Cop, since that is one of those incorrect "classic scum tells" that lazy, wrong people tend to believe in.

Now, I only had a slightly bad vibe from dmboogie before so I'm not going to vote him just because of his claim, at least not before re-reading him which I'm about to do.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah, okay, now I remember that what bothered me about dmboogie on first read was in fact that I got the sense his level of disengagement was phony and he was paying more attention than he let on. But that makes sense with his claim, especially since it's breadcrumbed.

Doesn't automatically mean he's not Scum, because a Cop that gets "Town/Not Town" results is useful to Scum and there's no reason he couldn't have been preparing a fake claim in advance, if indeed it is fake. However, my reason for thinking he's Scum now jives with possibly not-scummy motivations so I retract my read.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Akarshi posted:

Right but I didn't get the impression that your Lumpen vote yesterday was a policy vote, unless I'm misunderstanding the meaning of 'policy vote'.

It sounded like you thought that his behavior yesterday was abnormal compared to normal Lumpen, so you decided to vote for him. I wanted to point out you and Quid for the reasons that out of the group of 'people who have opinions on Lumpen' it seemed like you two were the only ones (other than SIV) who held suspicions of him outside of a policy vote. Granted Quid never actually voted Lumpen but it seemed like Quid was legitimately suspicious of Lumpen because he thought Lumpen had a disingenuous read on him.

I guess my question is just, why is Lumpen no longer in your focus? He's still not doing the actions you described in your post.

Part of it is that I think HUM is a better target for constant lying. Part of it is that I have not played with Lumpen in this large a game which would easily explain the Meta change.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Pussy Quipped posted:

everyone knows that you put mayo on the outside of grilled cheese not butter

It actually does work. It took me awhile to get over the mental block over trying it.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Your Personal Muse posted:

Just the worst

Chill.

Leith Maclaine posted:

Part of it is that I think HUM is a better target for constant lying. Part of it is that I have not played with Lumpen in this large a game which would easily explain the Meta change.

Hum is definitely lying about something but If he痴 telling the truth about the jester part I知 nervous about testing it out. I know I was gung ho about him earlier in the day but idk I知 not as confident anymore.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Leith Maclaine posted:

It actually does work. It took me awhile to get over the mental block over trying it.

:hmmyes:

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

xopods posted:

I am in fact Town. Not scum, not third-party. Not fourth- or fifth-party either.

So, dmboogie's investigation is wrong or he's lying.

It's natural to guess the former here, because everyone's already assuming that there are going to be multiple cops of varying sanity.

However, that also makes claiming Cop an extremely safe and beneficial claim for Scum. Everyone's already expecting that you'll be counterclaimed and that some of your investigations will be wrong, so you're never going to get lunched purely on the basis of your claim, and you can feed Town whatever information you want. You'll also benefit from everyone's instinctive aversion to suggesting we lunch the claimed Cop, since that is one of those incorrect "classic scum tells" that lazy, wrong people tend to believe in.

Now, I only had a slightly bad vibe from dmboogie before so I'm not going to vote him just because of his claim, at least not before re-reading him which I'm about to do.

I, too, am in fact Town

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Can all of the non town just raise their hands? That壇 be great, thanks

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

chaoslord posted:

Can all of the non town just raise their hands? That’d be great, thanks

I'm not town.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Still extremely satisfied with my xopods vote.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I知 town

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Chartmaster Xiw, would you please compile a chart of the claimed cop results?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Next batch of reads:

Jeabus: Town

Jen: RIP

Jon: Turns out he's TheRam? Either he became better at mafia in the past 5 years or he's Scum as he's not excitedly putting out nonsense ideas like the Town Ram of the old days

Kash: Good riddance to bad scum

Leith: Play is consistent with recent Town games though I don't have a scum counterexample for a proper meta read. Still think he's prob. town.

Lump: Role is genuine. Would probably have buddies continuing to try to bus him if he were Scum, ergo probably Town. Unfortunately.

Moat: Town

Hump: Probably not scum, but quite possibly not town

PQ: Genuinely seems to not give much of a gently caress, which seems like more of a Town tell this game... think this is a lazy lunch

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

xopods posted:

Next batch of reads:

Jon: Turns out he's TheRam? Either he became better at mafia in the past 5 years or he's Scum as he's not excitedly putting out nonsense ideas like the Town Ram of the old days

Leith: Play is consistent with recent Town games though I don't have a scum counterexample for a proper meta read. Still think he's prob. town.

Lump: Role is genuine. Would probably have buddies continuing to try to bus him if he were Scum, ergo probably Town. Unfortunately.

PQ: Genuinely seems to not give much of a gently caress, which seems like more of a Town tell this game... think this is a lazy lunch

Dark Hospital 3 is a good example of recent scum play for me.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

xopods posted:

Next batch of reads:

Jon Fisk is Tremendous Taste, not TheRam lol

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Pussy Quipped posted:

Jon Fisk is Tremendous Taste, not TheRam lol

Early in the game SIV asked him what his username used to be and he said it was TheRam. I guess that was a joke?

Anyway, in that case it's a null read. I remember TT's name but not what his play is like, and Fisk's play here seems middle of the road. It would have just seemed very off if he actually was TheRam, since I remember TheRam's posting clearly and it's not that.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
TheRam was a great player and I wish he was still in games.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
my role is TheRam

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Angelwolf posted:

my role is TheRam

Not a new player then, found scum ##vote theram

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Lumpen posted:

TheRam was a great player and I wish he was still in games.

As I remember it, he was more like the worst aspects of my Mafia game and Amni's rolled into one, but without the redeeming feature of being right some of the time.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hey all theres a deadline in 9 hours. People should vote.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Votecount for Day 2

Pussy Quipped (5): Mr. Humalong, Your Personal Muse, chaoslord, Moatillata, Amnistar, flerp, Mr. Humalong
Mr. Humalong (4): Leith Maclaine, Angelwolf, Quidthulhu, Pussy Quipped, Amnistar, Jonathan Fisk, xopods, flerp, xopods, flerp, Amnistar, Pussy Quipped
xopods (4): Jeabus Mahogany, Lumpen, dmboogie, Pussy Quipped
Angelwolf (2): xopods, Mr. Humalong
flerp (1): b-minus1, Amnistar, b-minus1, Amnistar, Pussy Quipped, b-minus1, Pussy Quipped
Leith Maclaine (1): Amnistar, Quidthulhu, Pussy Quipped, Toalpaz, Quidthulhu, Pussy Quipped, Amnistar, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
xiw (0): SalTheBard, SalTheBard
A Sometimes Food (0): Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse
Your Personal Muse (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Moatillata, Moatillata
Lumpen (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
b-minus1 (0): Moatillata, Moatillata
Jeabus Mahogany (0): Lumpen, xopods, xopods, Lumpen, flerp, flerp

Not Voting (5): A Sometimes Food, Akarshi, cheese sandwich, SalTheBard, xiw

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 22nd, 2020 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 10 minutes.

These players are ON NOTICE

If these players are still below my postcount on day 3 the CONSEQUENCES will begin.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
PQ can you lay out and explain your train of thought behind your choices for your busdrives?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ok I値l claim. I知 also a cop. I copped cheese sandwich night 0 and got NOT TOWN

I copped myself night 1 and got TOWN

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Lumpen posted:

PQ can you lay out and explain your train of thought behind your choices for your busdrives?

N0 - Lumpen and J.Fisk - I had no information to go on N0 so I just chose two posters who I thought were notable and would possibly have actions targeting them

N1 - Cheese and Humalong - I wanted to try and kill humalong in case some vig targeted cheese in order to test Humalongs D1 claim.

I am compulsive and must drive. I didnt have an option to withhold

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
PQ likely Town.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Lumpen posted:

PQ likely Town.

Incorrect

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote pq

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

b-minus1 posted:

##vote pq

Thank you binus, I知 glad my long back and forth with Lumpen set you straight

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ok I値l claim. I知 also a cop. I copped cheese sandwich night 0 and got NOT TOWN

I copped myself night 1 and got TOWN

insane cop, got it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

flerp posted:

insane cop, got it

:wow:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm starting to think it's possible I have no control over who I track. Here are reasons I think that:

1. Announcing the name of who I tracked. Typically you get something like "You didn't see your target go anywhere", but in this case CPig is purposefully saying "You didn't see (whoever) go anywhere."

2. I could see tracking the wrong target once. Like the odds that in a 26 player game Lumpen and Fisk get bus driven N0, ok, but to have it happen two nights in a row just seems loving astronomical.

3. Announcing it to the thread.

So yeah to boil it down I'm pretty sure I'm loving useless.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I'm starting to think it's possible I have no control over who I track. Here are reasons I think that:

1. Announcing the name of who I tracked. Typically you get something like "You didn't see your target go anywhere", but in this case CPig is purposefully saying "You didn't see (whoever) go anywhere."

2. I could see tracking the wrong target once. Like the odds that in a 26 player game Lumpen and Fisk get bus driven N0, ok, but to have it happen two nights in a row just seems loving astronomical.

3. Announcing it to the thread.

So yeah to boil it down I'm pretty sure I'm loving useless.

You said you tracked Hawke n1 and it announced Hawke sooooooooo

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I completely missed Sal's claim, but I believe the claim, it seems to be working and also verifies PQ's claim, and I am not inclined to vote Sal.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I don't think it's wise to vote any claimed cops. We can solve the dethy with time and data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Lumpen posted:

I completely missed Sal's claim, but I believe the claim, it seems to be working and also verifies PQ's claim, and I am not inclined to vote Sal.

Same.
Also because he is going to get volcanoed unless he posts more