Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Sammy's flimflam

:stwoon:

Can we take a moment to acknowledge that Jake Hager even stinks at loving TikTok dances?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rarity posted:

Can we take a moment to acknowledge that Jake Hager even stinks at loving TikTok dances?

hes just a large awkward bigot, cut bait imo coward tony

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

How was he in his house??? Wasn't he kicked out for being a loser???

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I loved Jericho accidentally marking out to Kenny being announced from Winnipeg. "Wooooo! I mean uh, I hate you pumpkinhead!"

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I am irrationally excited to see Sammy vs. Mox.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

No idea what the plan is with Kip, thought he'd have maybe won. Ah well.

Badly need to see Wardlow against someone like Archer or Brodie. Wardlow is actually really good. Think he could be really fun in a triple threat or fatal four way sometime.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

I think the worst thing about Hager, besides all of his politics and hate, is that he seems like a nice dude in person. I get the impression that everyone in the back likes him so they're blind to what a charisma vacuum he is.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DLC Inc posted:

No idea what the plan is with Kip, thought he'd have maybe won. Ah well.

Badly need to see Wardlow against someone like Archer or Brodie. Wardlow is actually really good. Think he could be really fun in a triple threat or fatal four way sometime.

i want more Superbad intergender stuff! the tag match with Best Friends should add OC and Penelope

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think the worst thing about Hager, besides all of his politics and hate, is that he seems like a nice dude in person. I get the impression that everyone in the back likes him so they're blind to what a charisma vacuum he is.

he does seem pretty genteel for an oaf, he's probably really friendly sounding even when he's talking about the coming race war and how he's going to secure the future, like that totally committed zealous believer who's happy/secure in how correct and blessed they are

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The only thing that can stop Sammy and Darby from being the world champ is death or injuries. What special talents they are.

projecthalaxy posted:

its so nice to have a heel commentator who is obviously heel but still makes face talent look good instead of just honking irrelevantly. I was not informed that that was possible.

Ventura and Heenan were both good at this. Lawler though...yikes.

"You have to admit he's very tough, King"

"He's an idiot!".

Money well spent, Vince.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 23, 2020

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Petition to add this to the next OP

https://imgur.com/DSQpcsN

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Petition to add this to the next OP

https://imgur.com/DSQpcsN

This. A thousand times this.

Good fun Dynamite, still stinks that they’re stuck with no crowds and such but AEW keeps doing a good job with the hand they’re dealt.

So is all the “Dustin Retiring” stuff just leading to him getting muderdeathkilled by Lance Archer? Or was it just a random way to boost a match that otherwise would’ve probably been a nothing match (which, tbf, it was a cool match for both him and Kip)?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

BodyMassageMachine posted:

This. A thousand times this.

Good fun Dynamite, still stinks that they’re stuck with no crowds and such but AEW keeps doing a good job with the hand they’re dealt.

So is all the “Dustin Retiring” stuff just leading to him getting muderdeathkilled by Lance Archer? Or was it just a random way to boost a match that otherwise would’ve probably been a nothing match (which, tbf, it was a cool match for both him and Kip)?

I suspect the finals will be Cody vs Archer so that would make sense

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like the retirement stipulation was only for Kip and he'll get murdered by Archer

I don't think Dustin is going away until a rubber match with Cody after they revisit their amazing match at some point. I can already see the finish with Dustin out and Cody reluctantly pinning in front of a crowd going nuts with all the energy/emotion

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It was always pretty obvious that the finals was going to be Cody vs. Archer, but I suppose there's the possibility that it'll be Darby in the finals because it's almost too obvious.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 23, 2020

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Darby bearing Cody would do better for the long run:
1) It plays into Darby knocking Cody down after their last match together.
2) It means Jake can run a promo saying that Cody took the coward’s way but many of the biggest cowards are also smart. Cody knew that Archer was waiting for him so losing to Darby was the smart way out.
3) If Lance murders Dustin, then the new title becomes just the side story in a match between Cody and Lance.
4) Darby could use this title to truly create an undercard structure (think of all the fun and interesting matches he could have that, if Lance was champion, would feel preordained).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

It was always pretty obvious that the finals was going to be Cody vs. Archer, but I suppose there's the possibility that it'll be Darby in the finals because it's almost too obvious.

Giving Darby a win over Cody would be a good idea, and Darby pinballing for Archer could be really good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exclusive comment from Preston Vance:

https://twitter.com/Vance4Vance/status/631324281549381632?s=20

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Well now that we have his Twitter password, who's going to step up and 'hack' him?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, I think Darby's pulling off the upset. It doesn't make much sense to run Cody/Darby III right now if Cody just goes over him again.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

We've got four final options, and multiple ways of getting there. Each could, I think, produce a satisfying story.

The most obvious would be Cody vs Archer. Cody beats Darby, then has to watch while Archer demolishes his brother. Throw in some post-match sadism towards Dustin and you have the setup for Cody wanting, needing, revenge.

You could also do Darby vs Archer. Darby wins clean. Jake and Archer are furious they don't get Cody in the final, they underestimate Darby, Darby wins. Or Darby comes close, Archer wins, and demands a match with Cody. Either way the story between them goes on.

You could even do Dustin vs Cody again. Either through shenanigans (Archer interferes in Darby/Cody to guarantee he faces Cody, Cody interferes to make Archer lose) or just that's how it turns out. You could even have Archer bust up Dustin then walk away. Either way, immediately post Cody getting the title, Archer demolishes him, setting up their TNT title match.

And finally, the weird one. Dustin vs Darby. Cody loses to Darby. With Cody out of the match, Archer just walks away. After either Darby or Dustin wins, Cody comes out to congratulate / commiserate, and gets crushed by Archer.

My preference with any of these is for Darby to win. The TNT title makes sense to me as a young guys' title, and Darby represents something pretty unique in AEW at the moment.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 23, 2020

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Someone on the Simpson's Bortposting facebook group posted an amazing Simpsons/wrestling video that most belongs in this thread. https://www.facebook.com/701637597/videos/10159683447862598

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

If Darby beats Cody, the "series" between them is tied, correct? That's kind of cool

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
my brain is telling me it'll be Cody v Archer but my heart wants Darby to hoist that gold

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if Darby wins he's gotta go on a Shot of Brandi again.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Havoc904 posted:

Someone on the Simpson's Bortposting facebook group posted an amazing Simpsons/wrestling video that most belongs in this thread. https://www.facebook.com/701637597/videos/10159683447862598
absolute pro-click

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

apparently Cody can call himself Cody Rhodes again soon: Up North very quietly did not renew the trademark on Cody Rhodes earlier this year, and the standard six-month grace period the government has on unrenewed TMs ended April 13. i'll give you three guesses on when Cody filed a request to gain ownership of the trademark and the first two don't count.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

"Lance" "Archer" should have ye olde Robin Hood gimmicke

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Havoc904 posted:

This is great

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Havoc904 posted:

Holy poo poo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lance Archer absolutely needs to win this tournament. He won't be dead in the water if he doesn't but he'll be incredibly deflated.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why did cody lie to me that he could but didn't want to use his full name?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

NienNunb posted:

Lance Archer absolutely needs to win this tournament. He won't be dead in the water if he doesn't but he'll be incredibly deflated.

It might be ok if Archer distracts Cody to make him lose and then Cody does the same in the final. Or something like that. I don’t think that feud has to revolve around a title.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Havoc904 posted:

Most high effort shitposting I've ever seen

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NienNunb posted:

nah he'll be fine. As long as they don't take that "suckerpunch a ringside rando" spot away from him, people will always associate him as a threat.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You don't spend this much time and effort setting up your vicious monster heel only to have him lose a mid card belt tournament to a roll up, that's some fed poo poo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

They had to sell Lance Archer on coming over and I would be surprised if winning the new belt tournament was not the linchpin in that

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'd do Darby vs. Archer with Archer going over. Makes Archer look like the big scary heel he's supposed to be. Cody can't really lose his shine right now and it gives you a story when things come back, Cody can't properly split his duties and be both an EVP and a champion wrestler. It also gives Darby a chase and you could make him the 2nd champion on the eventual rematch.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

darby should beat lance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

cams posted:

darby should beat lance

I love Darby as much as the next person but no. It's the correct match but Lance should win it