Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So I'm gonna open up my island for a bit, mainly because I have a lot of DIY dupes and I want to give them to people, They'll all be here in the circle

Also Leif is in town and his extra bushes today are Tea-olives

Able Highlights: Detective coats and farmers overalls. Also an animal skull hat and a weird school outfit
Turnips: 130 (dont bother)

Dodo: ~Closed

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Apr 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

are these tools the expanded cranny is selling more durable than the iron ones

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Can someone explain to me - someone who has never time travelled - exactly what I need to do to skip Nook's being closed tomorrow for the upgrade? I don't want to have a full day without being able to sell things as I'm generally pretty active in the game most of the day due to like.. the world being insanely lovely right now.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
just toss the stuff you'd be selling in your storage or on the ground for tomorrow or if you're really in a pinch visit a store on a different island

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
My Island has Turnips at 381 till noon if you want to dump 'em quick. Also Tambourines that you can hold and play

https://turnip.exchange/island/6d3f1b9d

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Is there a way to quickly get rid of flowers beyond digging them up and selling them?

Dad Hominem
Dec 4, 2005

Standing room only on the Disco Bus
Fun Shoe
Celeste is here and Antonio is making trophy cases, feel free to drop by! CLOSED

Dad Hominem fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 23, 2020

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm sad they got rid of the :ocelot: forgery

...hopefully they kept the Winged Victory with giant devil wings, are there pictures of the non-painting arts in NH yet? That wiki doesn't have them.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
My town is open for anyone looking to get a Golden Dung Beetle DIY.

Tucker is making it. First house after going left from the airport.

Nook's has reopened as well and is selling Mums, Tulips, and Windflowers. Lief is selling Roses and Lilies as well as Azalea and Holly bushes.

Turnips are crap. Don't bother.

Dodo code: Closed thanks to someone who minus-ed.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 23, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

According to dataminers you need 60 donations before Blathers tells you about art. So if you haven't gotten the message yet donate more poo poo.

Also cured Kitt's sickness and got

my first animal photo. :toot:

The picture is the same as the poster though which is kind of a letdown.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Saw Poppy and Melba say hi to each other, and start a conversation. I went up to them in the middle of it and they said there were trying to come up with a gift idea for Quillson and couldn't decide. So they asked me, I said a blueberry pie, and they then started talking about going to each other's house to bake the pie together and how fun it'll be to bake together since they both like baking and how they can bring over their mixer or whatever and I'm standing there like :qq: "you all are so cute" :qq:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

The picture is the same as the poster though which is kind of a letdown.

Also a letdown is the fact that there is no Nook Miles achievement for getting every fossil donated. Just a pat on the back from Blathers.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Macaluso posted:

Saw Poppy and Melba say hi to each other, and start a conversation. I went up to them in the middle of it and they said there were trying to come up with a gift idea for Quillson and couldn't decide. So they asked me, I said a blueberry pie, and they then started talking about going to each other's house to bake the pie together and how fun it'll be to bake together since they both like baking and how they can bring over their mixer or whatever and I'm standing there like :qq: "you all are so cute" :qq:

Poppy is the best villager and anyone who disagrees is wrong on every level.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

New Leaf posted:

Can someone explain to me - someone who has never time travelled - exactly what I need to do to skip Nook's being closed tomorrow for the upgrade? I don't want to have a full day without being able to sell things as I'm generally pretty active in the game most of the day due to like.. the world being insanely lovely right now.

Ok so yeah you could either dump stuff and wait for them to reopen like how everyone did with the Museum (god that seems so long ago) or you can time travel like you suggest. The way I'd recommend doing it is by closing the game entirely, going into your settings and then setting your system time to about 4:58am. Then you just boot up the game, load into your save and wait for the clock to hit 5am and reset the day for you. This will move the timer on the store forward, along with resetting all your rocks and new fossils, your mail will be delivered, flowers and trees will grow and so on. It's a nicer way of doing it without having to gently caress with the date imo. To set the time back just quit out of the game again and adjust the system time.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

GigaPeon posted:

My Island has Turnips at 381 till noon if you want to dump 'em quick. Also Tambourines that you can hold and play

Cheers! There's a NMT tip beside your museum.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Shoehead posted:

Ok so yeah you could either dump stuff and wait for them to reopen like how everyone did with the Museum (god that seems so long ago) or you can time travel like you suggest. The way I'd recommend doing it is by closing the game entirely, going into your settings and then setting your system time to about 4:58am. Then you just boot up the game, load into your save and wait for the clock to hit 5am and reset the day for you. This will move the timer on the store forward, along with resetting all your rocks and new fossils, your mail will be delivered, flowers and trees will grow and so on. It's a nicer way of doing it without having to gently caress with the date imo. To set the time back just quit out of the game again and adjust the system time.

Great stuff, thank you!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Siochain posted:

Poppy is the best villager and anyone who disagrees is wrong on every level.

Update: Poppy and Melba had ANOTHER convo, this time talking about their favorite way to read a book. Poppy says she likes to read it under the stars with a lantern and Melba is like "that sounds nice" and then Poppy invites her to read under the stars with her and they can have a nice little time reading books under the stars. I think they're in love now???

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Dad Hominem posted:

Celeste is here and Antonio is making trophy cases, feel free to drop by! 2L4GR

Hahaha, so people pop in, don't say a word, then leave, eh? Thanks for opening your gates! I got a few wishes in and a dupe DIY for my island giveaway section! Thanks again!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Update: Poppy and Melba had ANOTHER convo, this time talking about their favorite way to read a book. Poppy says she likes to read it under the stars with a lantern and Melba is like "that sounds nice" and then Poppy invites her to read under the stars with her and they can have a nice little time reading books under the stars. I think they're in love now???

I've had two really stellar conversations lately with NPCs. One were two playing "Would you rather" and our PC's responses were either "What." or "I'm walking away now." It was amazing.

The other I won't entirely spoil but it was brilliantly written and I took pictures of almost every panel. It was REALLY long and they were concerned about if the entire island was just a game. Laugh-out-loud funny.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

oh god drat it, Bubbles was walking around with a cloud over her head and I though like finally I can give her the boot

she just wanted to give me a gift :doh:

Dad Hominem
Dec 4, 2005

Standing room only on the Disco Bus
Fun Shoe

Prowler posted:

Hahaha, so people pop in, don't say a word, then leave, eh? Thanks for opening your gates! I got a few wishes in and a dupe DIY for my island giveaway section! Thanks again!

A bunch of them were people I know IRL so we were chatting elsewhere, but otherwise that's pretty much how it goes! Whoever left a tip was very kind though.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Shoehead posted:

So I'm gonna open up my island for a bit, mainly because I have a lot of DIY dupes and I want to give them to people, They'll all be here in the circle

Also Leif is in town and his extra bushes today are Tea-olives

Able Highlights: Detective coats and farmers overalls. Also an animal skull hat and a weird school outfit
Turnips: 130 (dont bother)

Dodo: ~Closed

I'm having to close, uhhh we are having some weirdness with our internet here, and I'm not sure if it's WFH peak issues or if hosting on the island is clogging our tubes or not?

Thanks for whoever threw a load of bushes at me, I'll put them to good use!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

GigaPeon posted:

I think I need to do three trips but I'll tip. Thank you.

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.

GigaPeon posted:

Thanks! My turnips were crashing from 100 to 25 Bells, so this saved my investment! Left a tip by the pile of money bags in front of your house.

Man, it was slow going with all the reloads every time someone joins or leaves. Oh, Nintendo...

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Shoehead posted:

I'm having to close, uhhh we are having some weirdness with our internet here, and I'm not sure if it's WFH peak issues or if hosting on the island is clogging our tubes or not?

Thanks for whoever threw a load of bushes at me, I'll put them to good use!

Thanks for opening up! I took a DIY and left one behind in its place. I look forward to making my new noodle slide.

Also caught a northern hemisphere fish, which was very cool.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

EatTheRich is opening its runways! Dodo code: clooooooosed Southern hemi, Leif is here selling orange/yellow tea-olive shrubs, and pink/red camellia shrubs. It's also raining like a motherfucker if you wanna catch those sweet sweet :coolfish:

Nook's has some bullshit like a guitar and some hanging towels, although the throwback wrestling figurine is p cool. Turnips are like 123 for the AM price.

Able's has an acid-washed jacket, Noble coat(seven different variations!), a skull tee, work apron, patched-knee pants, pleather skirts, punk pants, Judogi(white/blue), mysterious dresses, giant ribbons, muthafuckin TINY HATS, a mohawk, post-op eyepatch, pleather mask, and the best loving socks there are: the embroidered-flower tights.

Plenty of recipes, furniture, and some mats available being guarded by Chomp and Bitey right at the entrance. Forgive the uh, derpy looking face on the map, I'm going to figure out how to make skull lake if it kills me...

Tips are absolutely not necessary, but leaving a message on my message board is mandatory! Okay not really but I love new messages and drawrings, and whoever dropped the yellow sign on there from Carcosa is a fuckin boss. If you want to leave a tip I'm still looking for larger kitchen items, musical instruments would be cool, anything bathroom/science related, as would neat wall-hangings.

I'll be AFK in the up-and-coming zen garden in the upper right, but if you need me just come over and emote at me or something :toot:

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 23, 2020

sonetlumiere
Oct 25, 2007
Going to open my island for a couple hours. Turnips are selling for 304. Leif has cosmos, roses, azalea bushes, and camellia bushes. Nook's is selling hyacinths, lilies, and tulips.

Letting in one person at a time, so please don't stay too long if there are people in the queue behind you.

https://turnip.exchange/island/4e85c955

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

GigaPeon posted:

thanks again. left 300k total.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

Johnny Truant posted:

EatTheRich is opening its runways! Dodo code: G1QKV Southern hemi, Leif is here selling orange/yellow tea-olive shrubs, and pink/red camellia shrubs. It's also raining like a motherfucker if you wanna catch those sweet sweet :coolfish:

Nook's has some bullshit like a guitar and some hanging towels, although the throwback wrestling figurine is p cool. Turnips are like 123 for the AM price.

Able's has an acid-washed jacket, Noble coat(seven different variations!), a skull tee, work apron, patched-knee pants, pleather skirts, punk pants, Judogi(white/blue), mysterious dresses, giant ribbons, muthafuckin TINY HATS, a mohawk, post-op eyepatch, pleather mask, and the best loving socks there are: the embroidered-flower tights.

Plenty of recipes, furniture, and some mats available being guarded by Chomp and Bitey right at the entrance. Forgive the uh, derpy looking face on the map, I'm going to figure out how to make skull lake if it kills me...

Tips are absolutely not necessary, but leaving a message on my message board is mandatory! Okay not really but I love new messages and drawrings, and whoever dropped the yellow sign on there from Carcosa is a fuckin boss. If you want to leave a tip I'm still looking for larger kitchen items, musical instruments would be cool, anything bathroom/science related, as would neat wall-hangings.

I'll be AFK in the up-and-coming zen garden in the upper right, but if you need me just come over and emote at me or something :toot:

Thanks for opening up! Grabbed some shrubs and flower seeds from the Nooks. Dropped a tip behind a random tree :)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

New Leaf posted:

The other I won't entirely spoil but it was brilliantly written and I took pictures of almost every panel. It was REALLY long and they were concerned about if the entire island was just a game. Laugh-out-loud funny.

I got that convo with Stitches the other day. It’s amazing.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Siochain posted:

Thanks for opening up! Grabbed some shrubs and flower seeds from the Nooks. Dropped a tip behind a random tree :)

:toot:

are you from Koholint? i'm pretty sure whoever is from there has visited my island every time i've opened up, ha!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The loss of the japanese finger gun forgery is somewhat made up for in resting bitch face mona lisa forgery, imo.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

are you from Koholint? i'm pretty sure whoever is from there has visited my island every time i've opened up, ha!

That’s me, I’m here with a kitchen section for you to catalog

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

Nope, not my island hahah.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

A Long Way Down posted:

That’s me, I’m here with a kitchen section for you to catalog

oh poo poo did i miss you? sorry i've been dealing with my garbage database at work

i'm not AFK anymore

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I ain't got nobody new on my island,

no sloth, no fox, no whatever the third option is

Frig earth day!

Imagine Party Babyz
Apr 5, 2004

Ron and Fez Show, Peez Howd.
Turnips are at 504 till noon..
CLOSED

Imagine Party Babyz fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 23, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

I ain't got nobody new on my island,

no sloth, no fox, no whatever the third option is

Frig earth day!

Did you actually download the patch & update? I'm pretty sure if you did, you were guaranteed to get bot Leif and Redd.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

What do you have to do to make the fox show up? I've spoken to Blathers about an art wing and Leif is here. I'm East Coast USA if that matters, not sure if he comes in the evening or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Thwomp posted:

My town is open for anyone looking to get a Golden Dung Beetle DIY.

Tucker is making it. First house after going left from the airport.

Nook's has reopened as well and is selling Mums, Tulips, and Windflowers. Lief is selling Roses and Lilies as well as Azalea and Holly bushes.

Turnips are crap. Don't bother.

Dodo code: Closed thanks to someone who minus-ed.

Thanks to the jerk who minus-ed out, Tucker is no longer crafting this.

It does look like the message is different when this happens. It now says "Someone quietly left" instead of the standard "Looks like someone wants to leave."