Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BrigadierSensible posted:

A weird question:

Has WWE publicly, or on commentary acknowledged that Zelina Vega's stable has a stable of pretty, attractive men? i.e. That both of the men she is in charge of are beautiful.

Or is that just a thing we have latched on to?

WWE isn't secure enough in its masculinity to acknowledge when men are very handsome. I say this as someone who has watched years of Finn Balor matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The first victim of WWE's insecure hated of pretty men was the Darewolf. :(

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In a normal time Zelina's stable definitely would have been the periodic thing WWE does that sounds kind of interesting and is kinda cool and gets me to tune in for a little while only for me to quickly get tired of the way they're handling it half assed and the whole WWE package and then just tune out again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zelina as a stable leader is amazing. She's great on the mic, has a really good look, is established with Andrade already. One of the few good things they've nailed in a while.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Zelina as a stable leader is amazing. She's great on the mic, has a really good look, is established with Andrade already. One of the few good things they've nailed in a while.

and like all good things the wwe does it was entirely accidental

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Rarity posted:

WWE isn't secure enough in its masculinity to acknowledge when men are very handsome. I say this as someone who has watched years of Finn Balor matches.

wasn't there something about vince thinking corbs was attractive to ladies and that's why he got pushed so much?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Today's The Day

https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/status/1253174374716276736?s=20

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

:sickos:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It would have been a blood bath either way but now they'll try to prop up their losses by saying they saved the profit margins using the blood of their now former talent

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

They’ve improved to a decline!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Alvarez on the latest WOR cracked me up when Dave said they had shifted the meeting to after the market closing, and just deadpan reacted with,"Sell your stock now."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We just needed to fire No Way Jose

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dammit cause of the time shift all the juicy stuff won't come out until I'm asleep :(

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Rarity posted:

Dammit cause of the time shift all the juicy stuff won't come out until I'm asleep :(

Your scoopsgal status is under threat with these 10pm bedtimes.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also on Today's WOR they break down the Oliver Luck Lawsuit and boy howdy Vince did the usual Vince by firing him by saying for cause. Thing is that probably doesn't work outside of wrestling

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Croc posted:

Your scoopsgal status is under threat with these 10pm bedtimes.

Not a problem, the call will go as follows. Vince will claim that company's propsects have been hit by COVID-19 but that overall their business deals are healthy and that they expect to have a regular PPV provider within the next few weeks. The question of talent dismissals and falling TV ratings will be raised but Vince will claim they're not going to discuss that at this time. WWE stock will go up by 5 points as Vince clearly has it all under control.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

Not a problem, the call will go as follows. Vince will claim that company's propsects have been hit by COVID-19 but that overall their business deals are healthy and that they expect to have a regular PPV provider within the next few weeks. The question of talent dismissals and falling TV ratings will be raised but Vince will claim they're not going to discuss that at this time. WWE stock will go up by 5 points as Vince clearly has it all under control.
this is exactly what will happen. traders and investors are not smart people

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

this is exactly what will happen

And your #1 scoopsgal does it again :smug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Also on Today's WOR they break down the Oliver Luck Lawsuit and boy howdy Vince did the usual Vince by firing him by saying for cause. Thing is that probably doesn't work outside of wrestling

Even better, the "cause" was that apparently Luck and other executives didn't lose as much money as Vince was expecting them to, and this is apparently bad for some reason and means he shouldn't have to pay them.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i mean if a guy's job is to help you do totally 100% legal methods of laundering money while simultaneously using it to avoid paying taxes thanks to features of the 2017 tax legislation, you should be allowed to fire him for being bad at his job

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Rarity posted:

this is why you're #1

fake edit: of course Rosita's good at leading a stable, she learned from Anarquia

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Muad'Dib!

Y'know how there are some people who are like "You guys are so biased against WWE. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism and every company does it. :smug: " but then WWE does something like this or worse. Constantly. So the narrative is he couldn't cut it and so is losing his job due to him sucking and circumstances beyond anyone's control? No it wasn't. Vince chose to fire him at the worst time possible because he wants to carny more money. It's using a tragedy they blatantly created to manufacture interest in their lovely product as well as a way to deflect people's attention from their real scummy shenanigans. Also add in someone else's point about all the other people that are just forgotten. I feel like this is some clip from Mr Show where Ronnie keeps saying how his hand hurts and Bob is like "that's cause you stuck your hand in the beehive again!" Ronnie goes "but that's where I gets the sweet, sweet honey!" But instead of sweet, sweet honey its orphan tears and instead of somebody putting their hand in a beehive its Vince killing puppies with a chainsaw while shouting "I'm Vince McMahon dammit!" and surrounded by a bunch of old boomers calling it genius.

Now I'd like a McDouble, poutine and a large strawberry Fanta. Also a brownie rmhc please!

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 23, 2020

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/BeltFanDan/status/1253317881422589952

when you're both a replica belt guy and a nazi

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

"Sell your stock now."

Why, did it hit $75 already?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stuff from Observer Radio:

Dave said as of this moment Drake's in the same boat as Sarah (fired, could be used throughout the 90 days they can't compete or sign elsewhere, like there's anywhere else they could compete or sign right now that's holding shows, but once that passes that's that)

Dave and Bryan pointed out how hosed it is that Jake Atlas, a gay man, isn't allowed to say he is gay in promos, and using code words to hint that he is in his promos will only confuse the public who doesn’t know. In WWE it’s okay to fake being gay, but if you're actually gay you can’t acknowledge it

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 23, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm not sure why anyone would expect anything less from the company that brought Liv Morgan out for a surprise coming out promo that was immediately forgotten but still won't let Sonya Deville do more than wear rainbows on her ring gear at Wrestlemania

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
You mean to tell me Jerry Lawler isn't going to call his signature spot the LGB-DDT?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’ve seen people asking why these certain wrestlers were released and the answer to that is because they weren’t over. Now you might remark that if they’re never given storylines or wins or chances to get over, they will never get over. My reply to that would be “why would the wwe waste tv time or effort writing storylines for someone who isn’t over?” Let’s use our heads, people.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave and Bryan pointed out how hosed it is that Jake Atlas, a gay man, isn't allowed to say he is gay in promos, and using code words to hint that he is in his promos will only confuse the public who doesn’t know. In WWE it’s okay to fake being gay, but if you're actually gay you can’t acknowledge it

https://twitter.com/willcooling/status/1253321270025805831

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

This picture is the perfect microcosm of WWE. Shoving a camera and mic in the face of someone's despair for ratings. It feels like the mic is even being held at the perfect position for that 90s style exploitative crash TV they used to do back when Springer was a thing, while some film school dropout constantly nudges the cameraman with his elbow and says "Eh? EHH? Are you getting this!?"

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

flatluigi posted:

and like all good things the wwe does it was entirely accidental

They literally brought in Garza to sub while Andrade was suspended, made them a tag team when he came out, called up Theory to sub for an Andrade injury at wrestlemania, and then just made them a stable when Andrade came back.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I don't think I care for this "WWF"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

collocation posted:

They literally brought in Garza to sub while Andrade was suspended, made them a tag team when he came out, called up Theory to sub for an Andrade injury at wrestlemania, and then just made them a stable when Andrade came back.

Yes so it was accidental cause none of it would have happened if Andrade had never been away :shrug:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lol so Jesse Ventura is running for president.

Why you should vote for him: Tried to start a wrestling union.

Made Vince scream "that's my money" when he lost a court case and had to pay Jesse

Isn't a rapist as far as I Know.

Vote Abraxis, he'll stop Biden who is probably Secondus.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jesse Ventura has a long history of failing to stop predators.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Jesse Ventura has a long history of failing to stop predators.

Fuckin

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lol so Jesse Ventura is running for president.

Why you should vote for him: Tried to start a wrestling union.

Made Vince scream "that's my money" when he lost a court case and had to pay Jesse

Isn't a rapist as far as I Know.

Vote Abraxis, he'll stop Biden who is probably Secondus.

https://twitter.com/JeremyMonjo/status/1253176181685227521

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Ventura would tell the truth about the aliens if he won, at least.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jesse Ventura is an experienced politician

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Ventura would tell the truth about the aliens if he won, at least.

I genuinely believe Trump does not have the curiosity to find out if aliens are real