Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Rarity posted:

Not a problem, the call will go as follows. Vince will claim that company's propsects have been hit by COVID-19 but that overall their business deals are healthy and that they expect to have a regular PPV provider within the next few weeks. The question of talent dismissals and falling TV ratings will be raised but Vince will claim they're not going to discuss that at this time. WWE stock will go up by 5 points as Vince clearly has it all under control.

dammit why did i doubt you scoopsgal :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gonzo McFee posted:

I genuinely believe Trump does not have the curiosity to find out if aliens are real

If the government WAS keeping aliens in Area 51, it would have been about six hours before Trump was tweeting photos of them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Croc posted:

dammit why did i doubt you scoopsgal :(

Don't blame me, you should know better by now! And speaking of scoops, guess which just-released worker has gone on record about his dumb WWE name

Levis Valenzuela posted:

“The name itself, ha. I don’t know how the hell it happened, they were like “what do you think of No Way Jose”, and I was like “no”. I thought it was a catchphrase, and I was like “oh cool”… they saw something in film and somehow it came up… [Matt] Bloom was like “what if you want it as a name?”, and I was like “no way”. Then a writer came up to me and was like “why?”, and I was like “it will pigeon hole me, there is a ceiling”, all the real stuff in terms of business. Nobody goes in there and says they want to be a No Way Jose probably, they want to be, for me it was The Rock when I saw The Rock I wanted to be The Rock… We went into Full Sail and I’m walking in and you shake everyone’s hand and Triple H is right there talking to Eva Marie or someone, I’m like “hey, sir, how you doing?” And he’s like No Way, what’s going on?”. In my head I’m like “s***, is that a thing?” And he goes “got it approved today, what do you think?” And I said “I love it, let’s go”.”

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

If the government WAS keeping aliens in Area 51, it would have been about six hours before Trump was tweeting photos of them.

Trump doesn't give a gently caress about area 51. Jesse is our one hope to get the Aliens out of eternal prison and give ourselves over to space gay communism.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I will never understand giving your talent a bad name, bad gimmick or anything else that will literally prevent them from making money for you

You invest all that money in their contract, training, etc and then you shoot them in both legs and tell them to run a race

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Defiance Industries posted:

okay first of all they keep the aliens at the underground dulce base facility

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Why the gently caress would we be keeping aliens in an underground prison when we all know that Stargate was a documentary made in real time, and all the aliens are on their own planets?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I will never understand giving your talent a bad name, bad gimmick or anything else that will literally prevent them from making money for you

You invest all that money in their contract, training, etc and then you shoot them in both legs and tell them to run a race

One word: control

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

they'd rather you make nothing for them rather than potentially making money for someone else

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If the stock tanks after this earning call I’m going to have a nice lil payday

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Aphrodite posted:

Jesse Ventura has a long history of failing to stop predators.

ahahahahaha

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mr. Carlisle posted:

They only want to bestow credibility on guys they see as long-term main eventers for them--everyone else they keep at a middling level at best because they don't want another situation like in the 90s where Hall and Nash went back to WCW and almost sunk WWF with the NWO. People talk about competition being so great for wrestling(and it can be) but really that was just the TV ratings war for Vince. It usually just fuels paranoia like this cause Vince knows he can potentially dig his own grave.

Like in the early 00s when Raven wanted this big elaborate storyline about the seven deadly sins like in the movie Seven but for his character and wrestlers. But they were like "ok nice but why not give this to someone who matters". If they don't see you as a main eventer who's gonna stick around you're gonna get popularity-managed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
^oh poo poo i thought this would start in another 3 hours? and loooool 1000 people paying???

Mr. Carlisle posted:

We just need to control the cells better and we'll have so many super soldiers. You make the super soldiers, you go to war, you get the profit, you build on the promised land and bam! Q4 profits skyrocket!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Improved to a decline

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1253420153972260875

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m sure USA Network will love WWE throwing them under the bus to investors

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

So is the video library actually worth jack poo poo? I think it might actually be worth jack poo poo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Burn all the bridges

Eat the poo poo

Poison your eye sockets

WWE FOREVER

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m sure USA Network will love WWE throwing them under the bus to investors

They compare their decline to USA Network's decline in every report.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

They compare their decline to USA Network's decline in every report.

Yep

This time it's particularly bad because without Mr Robot anymore, the company's all USA really has in terms of big things (I love The Purge but...that and its half-mil viewers ain't it), so WWE's significant decline basically singlehandedly brings down USA too with it

oh but seriously I posted:

So is the video library actually worth jack poo poo? I think it might actually be worth jack poo poo.

They wouldn't crawl back to PPV or fire their co-presidents who believed in it if they thought it was their future. If even Mania season can't even prop up the Network anymore, that's pretty much it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

USA much like it’s namesake is failing and entirely dependent on wrestling con men to save it

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

"We've only lost 16% of our viewership on a channel that has an overall loss of 29%" :laffo:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It's not actually that much money for them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Yep

This time it's particularly bad because without Mr Robot anymore, the company's all USA really has in terms of big things (I love The Purge but...that and its half-mil viewers ain't it), so WWE's significant decline basically singlehandedly brings down USA too with it

They wouldn't crawl back to PPV or fire their co-presidents who believed in it if they thought it was their future. If even Mania season can't even prop up the Network anymore, that's pretty much it

It's also the first full quarter without Smackdown which hurts.

And the first full quarter with NXT dragging down the USA average.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

And the first full quarter with NXT dragging down the USA average.

great job on that AEW-killer, Vince. just absolutely :discourse: magnificent, keep it up

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

If anyone's bored enough in lockdown to listen to/watch the investor call, go here: https://corporate.wwe.com/investors/investor-overview and click on 'webcast'

... you can put literally any details in the form.

The hold music has a real nu-age Mediterranean vibe.

blunt fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 23, 2020

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Still no followup on the parking lot kidnapping ninjas

The fact Dexter Lumis is a babyface is making it easier to believe Nia Jax is one. Unless they're using him to turn TUE face.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Vince sounds hella rough 👀

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1253431286447792135

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

"I'm convinced RAW's ratings will bounce back considerably" holy moly

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

"We no longer have Brock Lesnar" :cheers:

e; No Saudi show until atleast Nov/Dec, if it's permitted by then.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1253433938665541634?s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

hearing vince struggle to explain wrestling right now is delicious

e: "I have a high level question"

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 23, 2020

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1253437529036148736

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1253437530248056834

:stare:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

I literally heard that "Made in Georgia" thing that pops up at the end of TV credits as I read this

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

skaboomizzy posted:

I literally heard that "Made in Georgia" thing that pops up at the end of TV credits as I read this

what th... this ain't squidbillies!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Looks like no WWE game this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1253443275299549184?s=19

Wow! Magic sword spray!