Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Pussy Quipped posted:

Meaning mikujin/dex killed kloaked.

To be fair - or Spoonsy, but doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tom Tucker posted:

Spoonsy based on the night action how many people are we talking about here? How much do you think it would benefit to do a full reveal of people who have seen you?

Scum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Pander posted:

Mr Humalong: Any house-based info you can drop on us today?

I visited a sleeping CapnAndy shaped form and discovered they definitely belong to Ravenclaw

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Question

I doubt anyone would offer an answer, but couldn't someone RB/knock out a person one night and then brew a polyjuice potion for use on later nights?

It'd be a relatively simple explantion for why amnistar was seen leaving DBD's room despite insisting he wasn't there.

I feel like people are treating amni saying he was knocked out N1 but still seen N2 despite being claimed vanilla a massive gotcha. If Amni were lying scum, why wouldn't he claim to have been knocked out N2 when pressed? Why N1?

I think Amnistar is telling the truth. I think someone polyed into Amnistar N2 to kill DBD.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I visited a sleeping CapnAndy shaped form and discovered they definitely belong to Ravenclaw

Okay.

Are you a ghost?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Pander posted:

Question

I doubt anyone would offer an answer, but couldn't someone RB/knock out a person one night and then brew a polyjuice potion for use on later nights?

It'd be a relatively simple explantion for why amnistar was seen leaving DBD's room despite insisting he wasn't there.

I feel like people are treating amni saying he was knocked out N1 but still seen N2 despite being claimed vanilla a massive gotcha. If Amni were lying scum, why wouldn't he claim to have been knocked out N2 when pressed? Why N1?

I think Amnistar is telling the truth. I think someone polyed into Amnistar N2 to kill DBD.

Interesting theory.

Amni, I may owe you an apology.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Pander posted:

Question

This... actually makes sense

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Pander posted:

So, Spoonsy, you've claimed to visit a victim, DBD, and a RBed/polyjuiced(?) guy, merk, in consecutive nights.

You made a claim last night that was unable to be vouched for, and you're making another right now, extremely open-ended on a player who's already claimed to have been visited.

You were a late entry onto the xopods lynch and at the time poo-poohed the KCW case.

So just for the record, I'm pretty low on trust for you and your claims atm.
I mean, key information here: The same cop claim that fingered sandwolf cleared spoonsy, and today we have multiple people confirming that he's telling the truth. Those are powerful arguments in favor of trusting him.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yes I do. I'm Cho Chang.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Pander posted:

Question

As far as I can tell, I was not knocked out night 1. I woke to "blood rushing to my ears" but fell asleep as normal as far as I can tell.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kloaked00 had no items to destroy guys

i definitely didnt visit hal. I dont know what to tell you beyond that. weird things afoot.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Pander posted:

Okay.

Are you a ghost?

Yes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

I mean, key information here: The same cop claim that fingered sandwolf cleared spoonsy, and today we have multiple people confirming that he's telling the truth. Those are powerful arguments in favor of trusting him.
Yes I do. I'm Cho Chang.

I panic swapped to you after it looked like you were trying to avoid the KCW lunch. This doesn’t clear Andy, obviously, Ravenclaw has a ghost as well.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Pander posted:

Question

I’m not buying it. This is speculation (how polyjuice potion works) layered on top of speculation (that amni was polyjuiced at all) to explain a claim on a night action. It’s quite contortionist. Sure crazy stuff can happen but I like Occam’s razor here that Amni is lying, which also explains the other bits I found scummy.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I panic swapped to you after it looked like you were trying to avoid the KCW lunch. This doesn’t clear Andy, obviously, Ravenclaw has a ghost as well.
It clears you somewhat, though, since I'm now asserting that you're telling the truth.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Seriously?

I mean, I had a theory that ghosts can go into rooms using paintings rather than doors, and thus Spoonsy's very specific "only outside the door" spotting had extra significance since it meant it wouldn't see ghosts.

It doesn't exactly clear or drat you but it's more info.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

It clears you somewhat, though, since I'm now asserting that you're telling the truth.

No...it doesn't.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Wait though, if you're a ghost yourself, how come you're suggesting ghosts are inherently bad?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

for what its worth going back into discord I had green powder on my robes night 2

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

I’m not buying it. This is speculation (how polyjuice potion works) layered on top of speculation (that amni was polyjuiced at all) to explain a claim on a night action. It’s quite contortionist. Sure crazy stuff can happen but I like Occam’s razor here that Amni is lying, which also explains the other bits I found scummy.
Shouldn't you be busy breaking apart the KCW vote to figure things out?

Oh wait you abandoned that after 10 seconds and decided a Liger->Amnistar->Sandwolf vote train was in order.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Kingcobweb, Nearlyheadless Nick, MAFIA GOON, (House Ghost aligned) had their soul removed day 3

Bad guys are ghosts, specifically the house ghosts.

Sorting Hat is our cop.

Zzyzx being cop is now questionable.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pander posted:

Question

The scum strategy yesterday was obviously to get Amnistar lynched after that claim. It’s worth investigating tomorrow who pushed that before the KCW case gained steam.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

OFFICER LIGER posted:

for what its worth going back into discord I had green powder on my robes night 2

Claim?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Amnistar posted:

Kingcobweb, Nearlyheadless Nick, MAFIA GOON, (House Ghost aligned) had their soul removed day 3

Bad guys are ghosts, specifically the house ghosts.

Sorting Hat is our cop.
Good catch, but now it's even more confusing that he simultaneously claimed to be a ghost himself!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Kashuno is a ghost

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

OFFICER LIGER (7): Pander, Pussy Quipped, Mikujin, Amnistar, Jose Valasquez, Pander, merk, Mr. Humalong, Kashuno
Amnistar (2): CapnAndy, Leith Maclaine
Kashuno (0): Amnistar, Amnistar

Not Voting (8): Dexanth, EccoRaven, Epsilon Plus, OFFICER LIGER, Pander, Spoonsy, Tom Tucker, zzyzx

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The House Ghosts being bad guys significantly weakens my sorting hat and my results should not be relied upon unless it decides to tell me “THIS BEAST THIRSTS ONLY FOR SOULS” or something (odds of this happening are nil)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Mmmkay. The robes you were wearing into the RoR, whereupon leaving you couldn't be targeted?

merk posted:

The scum strategy yesterday was obviously to get Amnistar lynched after that claim. It’s worth investigating tomorrow who pushed that before the KCW case gained steam.
Oh absolutely. And after spoonsy's results you can practically hear the scum drool hitting the floorboards, someone saw amnistar at DBD's room.

I think TT's stuck.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

merk posted:

Claim?

dean thomas, Hogwarts aligned student.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Good catch, but now it's even more confusing that he simultaneously claimed to be a ghost himself!

I’m the best ghost.

Hell I’m the best character in the entire series.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Literally who?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Minor sidekick character, was the quidditch sports commentator a lot of the time.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Starting items?
Current items?
Night actions????

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Kashuno is a ghost

Not one of the house ghosts though, I missed that part :ohdear:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’m the best ghost.

Hell I’m the best character in the entire series.
So -- just to be clear -- you're a ghost, but not ghost-aligned?

Mr. Humalong posted:

Literally who?
Dean is one of the background Gryffindors.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leith Maclaine posted:

Minor sidekick character, was the quidditch sports commentator a lot of the time.

I always merged him and Seamus Filibuster in my head

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pander posted:

Mmmkay. The robes you were wearing into the RoR, whereupon leaving you couldn't be targeted?

Oh absolutely. And after spoonsy's results you can practically hear the scum drool hitting the floorboards, someone saw amnistar at DBD's room.

I think TT's stuck.

it's what happened, I havent lied in this game

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

merk and I can vouch that's his flavor name, based on the RoR.

merk:

OFFICER LIGER posted:

i just looked at my discord message and the flavor speaks to me being unable to find the potion in my room and being told I successfully entered the room of requirement, which leads me to think someone could be blocked from entering the room.

i havent been lying but I'm not gonna go blue in the face trying to convince you other wise. my flavor character is dean thomas in house gryffindor. i started the game with no spells and a plant skin potion.right now I have the item breaking spell and the tracking spell.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

merk posted:

Starting items?
Current items?
Night actions????

I had a one time use plant skin potion of protection I could use on anyone. I discovered it stolen right before I went into the room of requirement. The only spells i know and only night actions i have are the ones i learned in ror.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Bins was a ghost too.

Pander cut me some slack I love these crazy night games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

You are incorrect on the second part. That was Fred and George's friend. Lee I think