Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

teacup posted:

With epic games store freebies are they download then free forever like PS plus but without the sub?

Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

You don't gotta download them, they're just added to your account like on Steam

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
It's like Steam. They get added to your game list and you can download and play whenever. You just need to sign up (which doesn't require credit card info or whatever)

Edit:what they said

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

teacup posted:

With epic games store freebies are they download then free forever like PS plus but without the sub?
free forever as long as use the client

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
It should be noted that some(if not all, unsure of this) games are DRM free

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

You just click the "buy" button and it adds it to your library permanently. You don't have to download it until you want to play it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
A series of clicks and its yours forever.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I love you all but I’ve got it now thank you

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
It's so easy to join!

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

You just click a button and it's added to your account and you get to keep it. Hope that clears it up, teacup!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

You just click a button and it's added to your account and you get to keep it. Hope that clears it up, teacup!

I think you need to click twice, ACTUALLY.
:goonsay:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

As you can see, you pay a terrible price for wanting free games from egs.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I think you need to click twice, ACTUALLY.
:goonsay:

Now imagine if there was a shopping cart. You might have to click 3 times then. Epic is really doing everything they can to be user-friendly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/1253670358604845056

Pac-Man now in US. It doesn't seem to be showing just yet though.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

boooo they changed the playstation store so you can't claim the free games unless you have a console registered to your account

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1253685223382036481

quote:

You can download and keep Total War: SHOGUN 2 for free from Monday the 27th of April 2020 from 18:00 BST until the Friday the 1st of May 2020 at 18:00 BST. If you download the game for free during that time, it is yours to keep.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/1253670358604845056

Pac-Man now in US. It doesn't seem to be showing just yet though.

Pac Man Championship is extremely fun, for those of you who haven't played it. The main modes of the game are prearranged time-attack and score-attack mazes where you zoom around the board, chasing sequences of dots and setting up massive combos.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

seems like angry shogun man isn't having it

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

So it’s only free if you download it and if you delete it it’s gone for good?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Presumably no because that's not how any free steam promotion I've ever seen has worked

Zushio
May 8, 2008
It pretty clearly says yours to keep. You probably just have to start the download to register it to your library. That's how almost all free games on Steam have worked. I usually immediately cancel the download and have never lost anything.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Yeah, steam giveaways work such that you have to click on the game to register it in your library, but after that it's just in your library like any other game.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I’ve never seen a Steam giveaway that wasn’t clicking At to my Library. It’s never asked me to immediately download the game.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Look Sir Droids posted:

I’ve never seen a Steam giveaway that wasn’t clicking At to my Library. It’s never asked me to immediately download the game.

It happens from time to time, usually because the publisher set up the wrong link or because Steam got confused for one reason or another.

You can always check your account details to see if the game actually attached to your account properly.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I've had it happen when clicking on those links from the steam client, on firefox I just get a notif saying the game is in my library and then a prompt asking if I want to download the game.

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 is free on Steam now also: https://store.steampowered.com/app/441380/PACMAN_CHAMPIONSHIP_EDITION_2/

Add to account and keep.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

You used to have to "install" free stuff to get it added to your account, but these days you just click and it says now you own it and do you want to install? And you click no and never think about it again

is that Shogun 2 offer regional? still full price for me
e- oh it starts monday, they just decided to post about it again today

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 25, 2020

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

The difference is whether the developers set up the giveaway as an “100% off sale” (which just adds it to your account) or use the “free-to-play” structure (which requires you to start downloading before it adds the game to your account).

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Gave the free-untill-april30 "For the King" a try. Pretty good stuff. Epic games launcher made me do this really demeaning captcha where you rotate a ball until its right side up, tho. Was strange.

Also it crashes once before starting up every time :reject:

Feral Integral fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 25, 2020

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sounds great!

Lol

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Feral Integral posted:

Gave the free-untill-april30 "For the King" a try. Pretty good stuff. Epic games launcher made me do this really demeaning captcha where you rotate a ball until its right side up, tho. Was strange.

Also it crashes once before starting up every time :reject:
That's hilarious, because the version they released on Twitch Prime a while back has the same problem.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

does the free from EGS For The King have drm or can i install it through the launcher then just run a .exe or something after?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
While it's not exactly free per se, Alien Isolation is on sale for 95% off/$2.00 on Steam until the 28th.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/214490/Alien_Isolation/

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

For those of you with VR headsets, Alien Isolation makes for a pants shittingly good VR experience with the MotherVR mod

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

OAquinas posted:

While it's not exactly free per se, Alien Isolation is on sale for 95% off/$2.00 on Steam until the 28th.

There's a deals thread for that: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2408877

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

This thread should really be in PYF, yall take your lists way too seriously

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Len posted:

This thread should really be in PYF, yall take your lists way too seriously

You've been making this exact same post for three months now and it's never been funny.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sleeveless posted:

You've been making this exact same post for three months now and it's never been funny.

Maybe don't post like this is a PYF thread then?

For content: Project Winter is free on steam this weekend and it's an 8 person social deduction/survival game. We had a lot of fun with it yesterday

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

OAquinas posted:

Great game. Probably the best horror game of the generation. And that's a fantastic price and it's super cool of you to point that out and I'd want to try it...

But I already got panic attacks. Got anything warm and fluffy? :v:

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Speaking of questionable content, for all you Amazon/Twitch-Prime-havers Old School Musical and Yono and the Celestial Elephants were recently added.

For the rest of us GOG has a bunch of free games now, mostly older games and a few "prologue" demos but some are pretty good!