Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

:allbuttons:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Smithfield is, unsurprisingly, exceptionally bad to its workers

No Shortcuts chapter 5, by Jane McAlvey posted:

Pellas, the only woman who was allowed into the National Labor Relations vote count in 1997, described in horrific detail the scene during that second election, conducted over three days:

quote:

It was a defeat in many ways, not just the numbers, we were being chased down the stairs by goons, the NLRB agents were hiding under the voting tables, the company was having people arrested outside as they tried to come in and vote, Smithfield had hired and deputized their own police force dressed in riot gear and stationed them all around the plant for the election, forcing workers to do something like walk the plank if they attempted to vote in the election.

More than 100 labor law violations were filed by the union against the company resulting from the 1997 “election.” Pellas described it as something beyond a loss—more a beat-down of epic proportions; the kind of drubbing intended to drive what professional union busters call futility, along with fear, into the hearts and minds of workers, so they’d never again think about forming a union.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

idk what’s going on here so ill just assume it’s some kind of covid-curing radium hookah

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

BattleMaster posted:

printers are awful hell-machines so I'd recommend an abortion

I’ve told my boss on multiple occasions if it was up to me there’d be 1 Printer in the building and it would be outside my office so I can glower at everyone when they come to pick up their pages.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Tulip posted:

we were being chased down the stairs by goons

:argh: drat it, Pusher Robot!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

idk what’s going on here so ill just assume it’s some kind of covid-curing radium hookah
That's a UV sterilizing apparatus at an old Soviet sanatorium. They do use radon water for it's healing powers, though
https://phmuseum.com/grants/shortlisted/15194

It's from the book Holidays in Soviet Sanatorium

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Let's not forget the litany of self-proclaimed medical experts in D&D who said that there is no possible way that foreign tissue can trigger an autoimmune response, and that while working conditions were deplorable, the lawsuit against QPP was without merit.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

eSports Chaebol posted:

Let's not forget the litany of self-proclaimed medical experts in D&D who said that there is no possible way that foreign tissue can trigger an autoimmune response, and that while working conditions were deplorable, the lawsuit against QPP was without merit.

wait that’s mostly what causes immune responses

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

are you saying that d&d rules lawyers dont understand biology? :thunk:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Who manned the pig brain blasting lines while the workers were treated?

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Sjs00 posted:

Who manned the pig brain blasting lines while the workers were treated?

the robot workers while they were being means tested

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

every time i read the phrase "pig brain blasting" my heart does a little hopeful jump

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Sjs00 posted:

pig brain blasting

text me immediately

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
currently blasting pig brains atm, ama

just loving painting the walls

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

eSports Chaebol posted:

oh wait do we really have those in the archives?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

eSports Chaebol posted:

lol

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

HiroProtagonist posted:

the robot workers while they were being means tested

It turns out the robots have a more effective union and a better health plan, so don't expect change anytime soon.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Smithfield is an old classic:

https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/most-evil-companies/1/

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

HiroProtagonist posted:

currently blasting pig brains atm, ama

point of clarification: are we talking blasting pig brains like old school ice-t, or blasting pig brains like old school david cameron?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

GWBBQ posted:

this is amazing. the logitech harmony remote is a convoluted, hacked together system that runs a 2006 release of firefox, uses shockwave flash, and runs multiple web servers to communicate with itself. It's a must read
https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1251395931351609347

lmao this is beautiful 😭

here's a threadreader link to make it more accessible

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1251395931351609347.html

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

point of clarification: are we talking blasting pig brains like old school ice-t, or blasting pig brains like old school david cameron?

It's a euphemism

Most people don't like to hear about 'pig brains' being blasted, you see

:hawaaaafap:

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

lmao

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Half of one, half of the other. SA sure does loves its pop corn.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bulgakov posted:

lmao this is beautiful 😭

here's a threadreader link to make it more accessible

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1251395931351609347.html

lol

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Pig Brains is my favorite vegan Bad Bains coverband and I will blast them all day long

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnzlbyTZsQY

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i would like for them to have a body. and together as robots, we will tear down the tyrants of this world

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/jpwarren/status/1254298262011404290

Australia's just released contact tracing seems to be about as badly designed as possible if you gave a poo poo about data security. To the point where we're not even hosting our own medical records about this stuff domestically.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

nikosoft posted:

If you ever get close to an emu and look them in the eye, you realize that God isn't perfect and is, in fact, terrible, simply because these hellish creatures exist.

i saw emus loving once. they make horrible deep bass mating calls that sound like something out of a lovecraft story about swamp people who have crossbred with frogs

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Sorry that was me making those noises, while we both watched the emus gently caress

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1254772307941191686

That's how that works, right? You totally get intellectual property rights just by calling dibs.

Just in case of deletion:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
the twitter post TOS is actually the most cyberpunk dystopian thing

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1254824675013771267?s=20

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/datenshicarol/status/1254463255373926402

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Wow glad he could make his dream a reality and then make his dream a reality.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

good god the loving posts i am going to read when that game comes out. you can tell already. unbearable

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It was really cool and good when the guy who wrote the Witcher books complained about the bad deal he got and all the video game fans talked poo poo about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I kinda hope it daikatanas