Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

HaB posted:

What 1970s sitcom dad furniture set is this? Can I come touch it?

You've probably got most of it!

Ironwood Dressers
Wooden Double Bed
Table Lamps
Pants Press (Do NOT dismantle a trouser press, even when very bored)
Cone

If you need a look at the trouser press & cone, happy to help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

People who buy physical strategy guides... Do you also enjoy going to Blockbuster and sending a Fax?

I would definitely rather have a child using a printed physical guide.

Plus I would like to be able to flip to something quickly and see it easier than a saved photo on my phone that goes to sleep by the time I've planted all the flowers.

Not buying one but it's not crazy.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is it possible to put two inclines right next to each other to make a double wide incline? I thought I saw one in a video...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Can I stack eight inclines together that lead to nowhere, then push my villagers up them to their deaths so I can get genetically superior villagers?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

is that seriously lynn as a mouse concerned over the cone he failed to steal

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Stux posted:

is that seriously lynn as a mouse concerned over the cone he failed to steal

"Ooh, shall I sit here? Shall I sit here?

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

RCarr posted:

Is it possible to put two inclines right next to each other to make a double wide incline? I thought I saw one in a video...

I've tried and it never let me.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

New Leaf posted:

Hey goons! My turnips are currently 520! I'm going to be semi-AFK but feel free to stop by.

closed for now, storming out, will probably have a power outage.. PM me if you're desperate (eastern time)

I won't turn down tips as I (somewhat foolishly) sold my turnips earlier in the week in the 400's, but please don't feel obligated.

Also, Hamlet is in boxes if anyone cares.. He's been with me since Day 1 but he's moving on so Cherry can join us. And Ellie happens to be making a Grass Skirt, but, you know.. who cares.

Please don't stomp my flowers. :)

Self-quoting to the new page, but i'm about to be fully AFK for dinner. Hopefully it doesn't time out, but I'll leave it running in the other room. Surprised I haven't seen more visitors!

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 25, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Chris Pistols posted:

"Ooh, shall I sit here? Shall I sit here?

yeah, well theyre pests arent they. they carry tb.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Chris Pistols posted:

You've probably got most of it!

Ironwood Dressers
Wooden Double Bed
Table Lamps
Pants Press (Do NOT dismantle a trouser press, even when very bored)
Cone

If you need a look at the trouser press & cone, happy to help.

Don’t have that bed or the lamps as far as I can tell.

Also: does anyone remember that pattern someone posted for laying fences between fruit trees so harvesting can be done in a single row?

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Stux posted:

yeah, well theyre pests arent they. they carry tb.

I need to find a Michael for my village. Only suitable candidate on my island is Coach, and I don't think that's a great fit. Suggestions?

HaB posted:

Don’t have that bed or the lamps as far as I can tell.

Do you want that bed exactly as it looks? Remind me of your Switch name in PMs and I'll post it to you (and a lamp)

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

wait you can actually hang doorplates on doors??????? i thought they were just on walls????????

i thought i tried that and i couldn't get it to work????? what the gently caress??????

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly
Finally getting a villager you know you want from an island is the best feeling. No tough choices. No more hemorrhaging miles. The relief of knowing Pervert Pig or Middle-Management Bear isn't going to take up roots in your town tomorrow.

It's a high I'll be chasing for a while.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

New Leaf posted:

Self-quoting to the new page, but i'm about to be fully AFK for dinner. Hopefully it doesn't time out, but I'll leave it running in the other room. Surprised I haven't seen more visitors!

Cheers, let me sell off the last 20 stacks I had. Left a tip with your garden gnome and a doodle on the board. :)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Chris Pistols posted:

I need to find a Michael for my village. Only suitable candidate on my island is Coach, and I don't think that's a great fit. Suggestions?

Do you want that bed exactly as it looks? Remind me of your Switch name in PMs and I'll post it to you (and a lamp)

i dont have enough knowledge of all the villagers to rec any but i wish u well in your honorable journey

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Cheers, let me sell off the last 20 stacks I had. Left a tip with your garden gnome and a doodle on the board. :)

Thanks very much!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hey people, I'm preparing another of my money sink scams games.

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1253800861727244288

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1253802057145827328

But I need your help to make it ready for the grand opening! Please bring any fish bait you can spare, preferably in bulk, and I'll pay you well for it. I'll also let people catalogue my set of colorful wheels if they're interested.

9XK6X

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

New Leaf posted:

gently caress I think I hosed it up for people, I got a communication error. Lemme get back in for your tip!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

a nigga who smoke posted:

Finally getting a villager you know you want from an island is the best feeling. No tough choices. No more hemorrhaging miles. The relief of knowing Pervert Pig or Middle-Management Bear isn't going to take up roots in your town tomorrow.

Is villager a cat?
   YES      NO
    |       |
    |       |
    |       |
    v       v
Recruit   Leave

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I just spent 40k miles looking for either Raymond, Judy, or Coco today. I'm about to spend 40k more and might try to see if I can trade people for NMT... This gacha thing sucks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

E-flat posted:

gently caress I think I hosed it up for people, I got a communication error. Lemme get back in for your tip!

Seems to still be open but Dodo codes are one time use and there are still a few visitors. If it clears out later I might open back up.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

On the other hand, the most conflicting feeling is setting out with a target - some particular personality type you're missing, or maybe a specific villager, but then finding someone really good along (or good enough) the way you just know would be stupid to pass up. (Because you just know you'll see nothing but hippos and rhinos and that horse with the weird eyes for the rest of the day.)

I continue to drag my feet on setting up plot 10 since I really want to make sure I have enough miles to search hard. I'm sitting on 40k (spent about 10k-16k today filling a move-out) and I'm wondering if I should just go for #10 tomorrow and get it over with.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 24, 2020

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

New Leaf posted:

Seems to still be open but Dodo codes are one time use and there are still a few visitors. If it clears out later I might open back up.

I was able to sneak back in. Success! I'm glad I didn't screw it up for everyone :shobon:

e: how much do people typically leave in tips when coming for turnips? I don't have much yet, so I only left a ~20% tip of 50k. It seems a little low in comparison to the tips I imagine those who get like 2.5 million but... :ohdear:

E-flat fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 24, 2020

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Left a tip in front of your gnome, thank you!

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

New Leaf posted:

Dropped $100,000 by your bench.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

New Leaf posted:

thanks buddy! left you some cash behind the bar.

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

E-flat posted:

e: how much do people typically leave in tips when coming for turnips? I don't have much yet, so I only left a ~20% tip of 50k. It seems a little low in comparison to the tips I imagine those who get like 2.5 million but... :ohdear:

Standard tip is just to dump a 99k bag of bells from a successful turnip run. Assuming you have a near-full inventory of turnips you'd barely notice and it's one easy drop.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Lazy_Liberal posted:

thanks buddy! left you some cash behind the bar.

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

Left a tip in front of your gnome, thank you!

LLJKSiLk posted:

Dropped $100,000 by your bench.

Thanks everyone! Goons are the best!

I'll leave it open for a bit longer if anyone needs it.

Electric Sugar posted:

Standard tip is just to dump a 99k bag of bells from a successful turnip run. Assuming you have a near-full inventory of turnips you'd barely notice and it's one easy drop.

Anything helps. I'm not sweating etiquette, whatever people can afford, I appreciate.

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

New Leaf posted:

Anything helps. I'm not sweating etiquette, whatever people can afford, I appreciate.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying it's a hard and fast rule (and doesn't make sense when folks are not working through inventory-volumes of turnips) but they did ask for "standard" - just repeating what I've seen typically done.

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly

Oxyclean posted:

On the other hand, the most conflicting feeling is setting out with a target - some particular personality type you're missing, or maybe a specific villager, but then finding someone really good along (or good enough) the way you just know would be stupid to pass up. (Because you just know you'll see nothing but hippos and rhinos and that horse with the weird eyes for the rest of the day.)

I continue to drag my feet on setting up plot 10 since I really want to make sure I have enough miles to search hard. I'm sitting on 40k (spent about 10k-16k today filling a move-out) and I'm wondering if I should just go for #10 tomorrow and get it over with.

I blew threw probably 50k miles cruising islands between villagers seven and eight without even being that picky. The game just continued to insist that I needed a fourth pig, second mouse/rhino, or some awful looking bear. Today the game was nice enough to give me Diana on my third ticket.

And 100% with you on waiting on that tenth villager. I'm not placing that plot until someone has someone I want in boxes or I have more miles than I know what to do with.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
This Barreleye has to be the most elusive fish... I've caught multiples of everything else but never seen this little poo poo!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Chris Pistols posted:

This Barreleye has to be the most elusive fish... I've caught multiples of everything else but never seen this little poo poo!

It was the last available fish I hadn’t caught.

Fish bait on a Nook miles island and I caught it within 8 bait.

And then I caught another one within the leftover bait I had. And of course it has to be after 9pm.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm convinced that if you catch a rare fish once you're WAY more likely to catch it a second or third time. I got 4 Golden Trout but 0 Stringfish before they went out of rotation.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

lol, I thought Barreleyes must be rare but I just realized I've never fished in the ocean after 9PM so I guess I have another nighttime mission.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

TheBizzness posted:

It was the last available fish I hadn’t caught.

Fish bait on a Nook miles island and I caught it within 8 bait.

And then I caught another one within the leftover bait I had. And of course it has to be after 9pm.

Do we know that Nook Miles islands really do increase the spawning of rare fish or is it just wishful thinking?

Not that I give a poo poo, of course: I'm digging for clams and flying to an island as soon as I have a stack.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It's probably not terribly worth it to use bait for seafish, but that's me. Pier/hilltop/pond can be annoying enough to get spawns for to warrant bait.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Oxyclean posted:

It's probably not terribly worth it to use bait for seafish, but that's me. Pier/hilltop/pond can be annoying enough to get spawns for to warrant bait.

My trouble is if I go from one spot to another on a beach, I struggle to tell the difference between the size of the fish shadows. If I'm chucking bait in one spot (which is what I've resorted to now) I can at least be confident I'm going after the right shadow.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is there any way to turn stuff that's on a table outside?

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Thanks everyone! Goons are the best!

I'll leave it open for a bit longer if anyone needs it.

Thanks for letting me dump my nips! Your island looks amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Electric Sugar posted:

Oh yeah, I'm not saying it's a hard and fast rule (and doesn't make sense when folks are not working through inventory-volumes of turnips) but they did ask for "standard" - just repeating what I've seen typically done.

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it.

Yeah, in my case, I only had enough to buy like 460 turnips this time. Not quite there yet... someday!