Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
What if they do the AAA thing, call every show live with fan polls (?) and between every match show a couple of dudes disinfecting the ropes, but not the mat, turnbuckles, or floor. Bonus points if a wrestler starts with a mask, has it fall off his face, continue to wrestle, then put it back on afterwards. At least have some sanitation theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they do that because it's illegal to wrestle in a mask after you lost it

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
More importantly, Aubrey's new "I Said Two" I Want You-style t-shirt is gangbusters.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

duckdealer posted:

Just got an email from fite saying double or nothing 2020 is up for pre-order.

Weird, I got Revolution for $19.99 USD but DoN is listed as $39.99.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Weird, I got Revolution for $19.99 USD but DoN is listed as $39.99.

I noticed that and I have no explanation for it!

Anyone have ideas as to why this is the case?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

first they gave out free samples. next they gave you a 'good deal'. after double or nothing you will be forcefully charged 200 dollars per month for the rest of your life

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

inthesto posted:

I was in total disbelief when Britt said that she had always been a face in the indies. I had checked out an indie match a while ago, and she had a heelish aura then too.
She was mostly wrestling for IWC which is based in Western PA so she was always the hometown face.

And her bringing up Super Hentai is funny because it allows me to bring up this card where he won the 1st Super Indy Tournament that IWC did

quote:

CM Punk def. Chris Hero in the opening round of the Super Indy tournament
Super Hentai def. Orion in the opening round of the Super Indy tournament
Christopher Daniels def. Colt Cabana in the opening round of the Super Indy tournament
Low Ki def. Kid Sensation in the opening round of the Super Indy tournament
IWC Tag Team Champions J-Ru & Scottie Gash def. Denny Gregory & Devil Bhudakhan
Super Hentai def CM Punk in the semi-finals of the Super Indy tournament
Christopher Daniels def. Low Ki in the semi-finals of the Super Indy tournament
Jimmy Vega$ & Shirley Doe def. The Sandman & Balls Mahoney
Super Hentai def. Christopher Daniels in the finals to become first IWC Super Indy champion

IWC is a good indie and hope they make it through COVID-19

They have a pretty great alumni page
https://www.iwcwrestling.com/notable-iwc-alumni/

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Memnaelar posted:

More importantly, Aubrey's new "I Said Two" I Want You-style t-shirt is gangbusters.

https://mobile.twitter.com/coltcabana/status/1253773349047513088

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shard posted:

*issues you a horny ticket*

It says here I have 69 days to pay it?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

It’s a good shirt

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Cavauro posted:

they do that because it's illegal to wrestle in a mask after you lost it

It was different than that. Dynastia (never lost his mask) had a cloth mask over the normally exposed nose and mouth. Then it fell off and was reapplied at the end.

During the same show Dr. Wagner Jr. (lost his mask a year or two ago to Blue Demon Jr.) started with a his normal (not blocking nose or mouth) mask and took it off mid fight.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Late to everything, but doing these tapings at all seems lovely and disappointing

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Ishin posted:

Late to everything, but doing these tapings at all seems lovely and disappointing

Cody literally has a tobacco company, AEW was always going to be capitalist as gently caress

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think Cody's done a pretty good job of tempering expectations without doing the usual combative "sjw dipshit can eat my holes" poo poo.

I would prefer my wrestling presented by organizations committed to the principals of gay space communism but that won't be for another ten years or so.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's a bit much to try and catch up to the thread, but the latest thing is that they're gonna start doing bi-weekly recordings starting two weeks from now?

I'll still enjoy the wrassling, but that sucks and will totally be part of why we get a horrific second spike mid-May with way higher death numbers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

No one knows what the schedule really is until Schiavone announces it.

During the Sammy G and Ricky Starks interview, Ricky said something that sounded pretty much like shower making GBS threads. He came in and clarified

https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1253837731844755457

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Wildest thing I ever saw on the internet was a co-worker who had 8 Microsoft Edge tabs open and was Binging things.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

Wildest thing I ever saw on the internet was a co-worker who had 8 Microsoft Edge tabs open and was Binging things.
Every web engineer I know says we should all be using Edge.

I know. It's wild.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Every web engineer I know says we should all be using Edge.

I know. It's wild.

IMO we should all be using Firefox to help prevent a Google monopoly on browser technology via Chromium

But Edge IS nice now

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I switched back to Firefox recently and it's so much better than Chrome (except for random extensions you can't get like the NJPWext on, but I keep Chrome just for watching New Japan now) . Did really feel like I was giving Google a bit too much of my life's story.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You'll never get me to use a non-chrome browser, never

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I used to be a big Firefox head, but I was just having too many issues with it, maybe I'll try it out again

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

coconono posted:

No one knows what the schedule really is until Schiavone announces it.

During the Sammy G and Ricky Starks interview, Ricky said something that sounded pretty much like shower making GBS threads. He came in and clarified

https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1253837731844755457

CALL 1-800-STARKSLINE, COWARD TONY

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I used IE and then it got all bloated and slow and hosed up, and then I switched to Firefox and then it got all bloated and slow and hosed up, so I switched to Chrome and now it's bloated and slow and hosed up.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I used IE and then it got all bloated and slow and hosed up, and then I switched to Firefox and then it got all bloated and slow and hosed up, so I switched to Chrome and now it's bloated and slow and hosed up.

Well, Edge is just going to end up the same. Didn’t you see his Wrestlemania match?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:rip:

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1253881616927281154

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I just wish they would have had her holding up two fingers (ala the botch she saved at All Out).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The first wrestling death of the COVID-19 era :rip:

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

MorningMoon posted:

It's a bit much to try and catch up to the thread, but the latest thing is that they're gonna start doing bi-weekly recordings starting two weeks from now?

I'll still enjoy the wrassling, but that sucks and will totally be part of why we get a horrific second spike mid-May with way higher death numbers.

So, it sounds like:
5/6 Live
5/13 Taped
5/20 Live

Then they have Double or Nothing 5/23 which they're saying will be live. And then there's nothing on what they're doing after, but I'm going to guess that if they do DoN live, they're probably not taping post-DoN material until after, and if they're doing that, they'll probably do 5/27 live too.

Really, none of these shows should exist. I had been comfortable compromising for taped shows that were recorded in a big block. And who knows, maybe the answer is they didn't tape enough, maybe they're burning at a higher rate than anticipated, or maybe those sheriff's deputies that showed up scared them and they shut down taping earlier than intended.

If they want to run something live while they've got everyone assembled for a taping, sure, I guess. If they're seriously talking about running 4 live shows in May that's incredibly irresponsible.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Everyone should really be watching based as hell At The Drive In w/ Joe Bob Brigg tonight on shudder because our boy Jericho is gonna be on it talking about sleazy horror movies

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

quote:

maybe those sheriff's deputies that showed up scared them and they shut down taping earlier than intended.

those people were literally requested to come to aew by aew to make sure they were following proper safety guidelines and was misreported heavily

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

IMO we should all be using Firefox to help prevent a Google monopoly on browser technology via Chromium

But Edge IS nice now

What's the licensing agreement like on Chromium? I currently use Vivaldi, which is a Chromium browser. That's nice because it can use most Chrome extensions, but isn't Google-developed. I wonder if Google got lovely enough with privacy invasion in the Chromium framework if they could legally fork Chromium and tell Google to gently caress off.

Looks like Edge is based off Chromium as well, so if Google snuck some data-mining into Chromium Edge is just as at risk.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

NienNunb posted:

Everyone should really be watching based as hell At The Drive In w/ Joe Bob Brigg tonight on shudder because our boy Jericho is gonna be on it talking about sleazy horror movies

COWARD TONY GET MONSTERVISION BACK ON TNT

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I used Bing when they had an awesome rewards system. I used it in 3 different browsers. You could get free months of Hulu (in one month, I got 6 months of Hulu for free) super easy and $5 Amazon gift cards as well. Then they changed the point system and it became much more of a chore to get it.

Ah the memories, I went 2 years without paying for Hulu and I bought 3 cheap phones ($10 each) from RadioShack to get 18 months of Netflix. I miss those days sometimes.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Hey so I was watching the Dustin Unrestricted video and thinking about Taz and ECW and I realized: What if we only get 4 years?

What if Tony can't justify the money spent, or the Carnies go and Carny, or they just plain run out of ideas and AEW is dead in 4 years?

Have you ever been part of a group that had just started out on something new and big? Eventually the "Us against the World"/Scrappy underdogs attitude of the original group gets diluted and fades away because you can't keep that kind of thing going forever. I think the family (actual family) that is the AEW talent is going to go away some day and I hope if it has to be replaced with a corporate AEW it manages to hold on to a culture of creativity or something.

I don't know.

Right now I'm enjoying the gently caress out of what we are being given. I'm enjoying the talent clearly having a ton of fun and loving wrestling. I'm enjoying wrestlers being allowed to be themselves and present themselves in a way that speaks to them. We're given a rare gift right now, and I'm really happy about it.

side note: At the age of 100, my Grandma died this week. I may be in a weird emotional place right now. LOL.

this was a really stupid post.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

paul heyman was a great booker and wrestling nerd but he wasn't from a family of billionaires and was a terrible businessman

tony khan is the biggest geek in wrestling and IS from a family of billionaires. he's competent dixie carter in that he'll sink anything into it to keep it going and unlike dixie knows what the gently caress he's doing. they built Daily's Place from the inspiration of a wrestling episode of South Park. they'll be fine (not to mention TNT loving them)

besides, if capitalism falls apart we get David Starr's Revolutionary Wrestling Commune :getin:

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Apr 25, 2020

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Hefty Leftist posted:

besides, if capitalism falls apart we get David Starr's Revolutionary Wrestling Commune :getin:

oh yeah.

Wrestling can be good. and good wrestling can't be stopped.

Thanks Leftist!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jonny Nox posted:

Hey so I was watching the Dustin Unrestricted video and thinking about Taz and ECW and I realized: What if we only get 4 years?

What if Tony can't justify the money spent, or the Carnies go and Carny, or they just plain run out of ideas and AEW is dead in 4 years?

Then the company either dies and all the guys spread out to NJPW, RoH and WWE (and the indies and Impact) or Tony sells it, probably to Vince!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jonny Nox posted:

Have you ever been part of a group that had just started out on something new and big? Eventually the "Us against the World"/Scrappy underdogs attitude of the original group gets diluted and fades away because you can't keep that kind of thing going forever. I think the family (actual family) that is the AEW talent is going to go away some day and I hope if it has to be replaced with a corporate AEW it manages to hold on to a culture of creativity or something.

I don't know.

Right now I'm enjoying the gently caress out of what we are being given. I'm enjoying the talent clearly having a ton of fun and loving wrestling. I'm enjoying wrestlers being allowed to be themselves and present themselves in a way that speaks to them. We're given a rare gift right now, and I'm really happy about it.

side note: At the age of 100, my Grandma died this week. I may be in a weird emotional place right now. LOL.

this was a really stupid post.

This is what is known as catastrophic thinking.

Yes, bad things could happen. If bad things happen, we will deal with them. The fact that they could in theory happen doesn't mean they're likely to happen.

I'm sorry about your grandma and I hope you feel better soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
AEW have proven that they have a floor of ~700000 people who will tune in even in the current slump and they keep doing well in the demo, so unless the promotion goes completely off the rails it'll still be an attractive show to have given the viewership numbers of modern television in four years' time.