Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

what is this y axis

click the link, it's a checkbox labeled "relative change"
tbh I have no idea how it is derived but :wow: :drat: :allbuttons:

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/total-deaths-covid-19?stackMode=relative&country=CHN+FRA+DEU+GHA+IND+IRN+ITA+SWE+GBR+USA+OWID_WRL

e: I think it's cumulative percentage increase from a set small number (10?) which is startlingly meaningless but idk I'm not an expert at anything but masturbation

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 02:23 on Apr 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

yeah we're gonna hold steady at ~2k deaths per day for the next six months

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

atomicgeek posted:

I'm not in the habit of telling people what to do, but also, what are you waiting for here

what if things get worse

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

jk lmao im keeping the real tom hanks blood for myself im sending u subpar jared blood :sad:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

atomicgeek posted:

Your cat, my cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giYvwLM-JEo

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

if there isnt a coup after this the us military are the biggest cucks of all time. of all time

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

bojo better watch out for vampires looking for antibodies

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Pizza posted:

yeah we're gonna hold steady at ~2k deaths per day for the next six months

But Trump said there would only be like 60-65k deaths total and we'll hit that within the next 10 days at 2k deaths/day!

mystes
May 31, 2006

atomicgeek posted:

Why

What could this possibly accomplish
It seems like Trump suddenly decided he was going to do this on the spot when he heard Pence was going to speak at the Air Force Academy commencement. So I guess it will make achieve the goal of making Trump feel like Pence isn't doing anything that he isn't.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

I was waiting for the official news site to confirm, guess this is it. RIC, rest in cheese.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Are prepared subs safe for consumption? I really want one, but have been resisting because they aren't heated. And heating would ruin them.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

the vast majority of deaths will happen after the peak. of course, any reporting of a "peak" will cause untold numbers of idiots to justify going out, so there will no doubt be a few peaks

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/amit_ansu/status/1254127377589784576

lol

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

lol

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1254134874929332224?s=20

So, even assuming the absolute best case here that the American curve is (1) peaking and (2) symmetric, that would imply a minimum 100k US deaths, correct?

that's not including if the US opens up

Bund
Mar 2, 2007

you are getting very hungry

Beachcomber posted:

Are prepared subs safe for consumption? I really want one, but have been resisting because they aren't heated. And heating would ruin them.

prepared food is safe as long as the preparers stay at least six feet from the ingredients

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

atomicgeek posted:

Why

What could this possibly accomplish

truims can only get sexually aroused by rallies

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

If you are going to edit charts make sure it is in black sharpie

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Bund posted:

prepared food is safe as long as the preparers stay at least six feet from the ingredients

And now I want Arby's too. They were good where I grew up.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

spaceblancmange posted:

If you are going to edit charts make sure it is in black sharpie

Bund
Mar 2, 2007

you are getting very hungry

Beachcomber posted:

And now I want Arby's too. They were good where I grew up.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1254134874929332224?s=20

So, even assuming the absolute best case here that the American curve is (1) peaking and (2) symmetric, that would imply a minimum 100k US deaths, correct?

No. Dr. Fauci says only 60k deaths so we've only got a little under 10k dead to go and this will all be over.

my bony fealty posted:

just drink it you can get that poo poo delivered now

unless you live somewhere where you can't :(

We ordered a bottle of whiskey via curbside and checked the box that said they could make substitutions because hey let's not be picky about brands right now but they substituted whiskey for FLAVORED whiskey and now I have a big rear end bottle of toasted caramel "how desperate are you really" that I paid $40 for.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i have a half a bottle of whiskey that i'm keeping around for some unspecific future date because i can't really justify going to the liquor store right now and while I'd like to drink it I don't know if I'm going to want to keep it for later so I'm perpetually in a state of asking myself if I should get drunk

Please do not let goons peer pressure you into getting wasted.

Get wasted because you want to.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

poo poo now im hungry

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
He's going to cancel at the last minute to go golfing or some poo poo, calling it now

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

they're getting a dose of what they signed up for real fast

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Bund posted:

saw an ad for "contactless" drive-thru at taco bell, prepared by people who can't afford to miss work and don't get sick pay

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

got any sevens posted:

"All of this poo poo just to stand in a field and listen."/"All of this poo poo just to stand in a desert and dig a hole so trash can be burned in it."

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Farm Frenzy posted:

if there isnt a coup after this the us military are the biggest cucks of all time. of all time

ur the military now dog

*begins sawing florida off*

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

This better be the plague music in Crusader Kings 3

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

got any sevens posted:

they knew what they signed up for :smugdon:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Peep the timestamp

https://twitter.com/ForeignAffairs/status/934047746817970177

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
What was the previous high in cases confrimed? 36k?

https://mobile.twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1254192057649897476

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

This meme is a real "covfefe" if you know what I mean.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

got any sevens posted:

ya this is true

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Imagine how big your brain must have to be to predict this

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

Meanwhile my wife talks constantly about how much she needs to go shop inside stores, won't do curbside pickup because what if the veggies and fruit don't look nice?? And it's all I can do to just mentally pretend it isn't happening. Maybe me being from a farm and not having neighbors and a k-8 school of less than 200 makes me more eager to return to my childhood comfort of not having anyone near me besides cows, gently caress if I know

Places have gotten so much less lovely about pickup veggies in the last few years. A gig worker isn't working for the store's boss so he has no motive to dump the garbage on pickup orders and stores themselves have realized they were losing big big orders to these shenanigans so it really just seems to be like a cultural shift.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gonna have some dead butterbars.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

420 more than last week. fuc yea rip it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Ive only gotten so-so veggies & fruits twice and I’ve used curbside and/or delivery for years. They weren’t even bad, just not my ideal. It’s not a valid reason to go into a store in a pandemic imo.