Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Wark Say posted:

How the devil did they manage to top "Love Dramatique"?

I think it helped that they saw how much the first one worked and decided to just go with it for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Music video for the (presumably) full version of the OP is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Od7QCsyqkE

It is absolutely perfect :allears:

For real though attaching this guy to Kaguya was the most galaxy brain move this production came up with.

I love how they parodied Scooby Doo of all things. :allears:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
yes very good

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I love the secondary character walk from the opening.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

I love the secondary character walk from the opening.

Oh my god, I was going to ask if someone could make a gif of them since, aside from the production committee and creators, the OP shown here is pretty much creditless!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oIKsaVD0Bk

It looks SO drat CUTE :kimchi:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I'm so glad this is back, it's the exact kind of thing I need right now. Loved the first season enough to consider reading the manga, which is a huge departure for me.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Manga spoilers: for those who have read the manga, do you think this season will reach the confession?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
No. There is a very clear cutoff point for the season way before that.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Noooooo boo hiss

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
We get SHUT UP STUPID as our season finale instead.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 14, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Full OP is out. Is even better than the abridged version we got!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUlhv9ZWK28

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

drat they upped the animation. Watching Misery in the Game of Life!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

drat the board game was so good.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Another amazing episode today.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Did they reuse the "Chika storms out of the student council room crying" scene from Season 1? Like maybe the lights were different, but I think it's basically the same scene. Also, good heavens! I had forgotten that all Fujiwaras are a little loopy.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

A Wild Bakaguya (AND COURT TRIAL) has appeared. :allears:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Moeha is extremely powerful

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So where can I watch it in the UK? I couldn't find it on Funimation's site.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Dabir posted:

So where can I watch it in the UK? I couldn't find it on Funimation's site.

It's available in the UK though you need a subscription to see the latest episode.

I think Funimation is the only legal option though.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
I love how much little sister hates president.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Wait, did they flip the defense and prosecutor sides from Phoenix Wright? Which sides do they go on in Japan?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This show really hit the ground running, episode owns. Court segment was the best :allears:

Nitrousoxide posted:

Wait, did they flip the defense and prosecutor sides from Phoenix Wright? Which sides do they go on in Japan?

They're in the right spots, the difference is those games always show the lawyers from the Judge's POV while here it's all from Kaguya's (the witness stand's) POV.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I love those moments when Ishigami is a bro to Kaguya and vice-versa. Of course it must always be unwittingly in his case because The Fear must be maintained at all costs.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I love this show so drat much.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Running away won't change the fact that you forgot the Pres' Birthday! Shame on you Fujiwara!

Also jeez the entire Fujiwara family is tainted. Moeha has no chill.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 19, 2020

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Moeha is the extremely perfect example of how to correctly portray the "moeblob with creepy boundary issues around other girls" character archetype.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Man! The animation in this series is amazingly great. The increasingly cartoony close-ups are fantastic.

Also, yes, incredible episode in its own right.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mirage posted:

Man! The animation in this series is amazingly great. The increasingly cartoony close-ups are fantastic.

Also, yes, incredible episode in its own right.

It's so good

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1251640741123829761?s=09

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Moeha and Kaguya Court were some pretty stand-out things about this episode.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Moeha will go far in the upper class.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Between her appearance in the trial and the flashback to learning when Shirogane's birthday was, I like that we're seeing more of original Ice Queen Kaguya too.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Moeha would go far as a character in Kakegurui. Seriously creepy.

I laughed incredibly hard at both of the first two episodes but the Kaguya Court scene was next level.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 20, 2020

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I think we're supposed to contextualize Moeha as being one of those people who is like, "Oh I could just eat you up!" its off putting but there's people out there who act like that.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think we're supposed to contextualize Moeha as being one of those people who is like, "Oh I could just eat you up!" its off putting but there's people out there who act like that.

Here's scishow on youtube discussing cute aggression, which is the official term for the latter reaction, although I'm more of the opinion that all of the Fujiwara clan are just crazy.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just recognized what happens at the end of the intro and that has me even more hyped for this season.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I almost wanted this week's episode to end with the student council room door closing, so it would make anime watchers as distraught as the manga did.

Best foil incoming, though!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I love these idiots.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Star-gazing segment was done literally perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Even though I know I'm following the manga the entire second half of the episode made me so sad. I want my student council of morons to be together forever and don't want to think of anything to the contrary.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Star-gazing segment was done literally perfectly.

Shirogane obliviously dorking out about astronomy to a girl who's obviously into you hit a little too close to home for me.