Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Hoo boy I unlocked the comic book suit in Spider-Man and this thing is wild in motion; screenshots hardly do it justice. I would do terrible things to get a whole game made in this art style, it's that drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I mean I'm sure I'm probably a slow learner when it comes to the action gameplay here, I still get relentlessy murdered by those mold turrets

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Never have I felt so alienated (in a gaming context) as to see so many people going "The Control bosses were babytown frolics"

I think I just adopted an early strategy of "don't stop for nothing," put all my points into health, telekinesis damage, and stamina, and nothing gave me too much trouble just by spamming the telekinesis throw at pretty much everything. It does stupidly high damage. I don't think I used the shield power at all in any of the meaningful combat scenarios. Keeping moving is really important, and throwing stuff melts down enemy health like crazy. I was kind of hoping something would nudge me into using different tactics, but I just didn't have a reason to.

I didn't ace everything first try, but I think the only boss that started to frustrate me before I finished it was the Mold. And also the first fight with Former, because I kept falling through the stupid holes in the floor. The mirror fight seemed like it was going to be really hard, but after the first phase it got considerably easier.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Apr 26, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

There's ANOTHER Former fight? ugh

Edit: Maybe it got built up too much by everyone's cryptic hype but the Ashtray Maze... was neat I guess but people's minds being blown being like "This is a PURE GAMING EXPERIENCE" ring false to me

I did sit and listen to all of Trench's monologue in his office though lol, that is the stuff i'm here for

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Apr 26, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

There is something really hypnotic about the Hiss word salad, I get worried sometimes listening to it, it reminds me of that post from a goon who said that he became schizophrenic from reading FYAD

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

moldstomper58

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

DrNutt posted:

Hoo boy I unlocked the comic book suit in Spider-Man and this thing is wild in motion; screenshots hardly do it justice. I would do terrible things to get a whole game made in this art style, it's that drat good.
Yeah, it's amazingly beautiful.
Some of the other suits are just kind of meh... either because of the fabric type or color. But the damned comic suit is a thing of beauty.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Vikar Jerome posted:

i get what you are saying but lol no way. 0 is the best, flat out.

Kiwami 2 has most of the tone and density of Zero while also having the upgrade of the newer engine. Its hard to say which I enjoyed more but they were both far more memorable than Kiwami 1

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There is something really hypnotic about the Hiss word salad, I get worried sometimes listening to it, it reminds me of that post from a goon who said that he became schizophrenic from reading FYAD

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Kiwami 2 is really loving good. Zero is better written, and Judgement has the best ending.

Now, I'd like to hear from the Y's fans. (Y's is for Yakuza's)

Fix fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 26, 2020

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The FF7R ending goes on forever, I thought each of the last four or five bosses might be the final one, and it's totally baffling and disorienting. But drat if it didn't get me interested in the next game, whenever that happens.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I beat Control. Enjoyed all the end stuff and the plot and character work. I've had my fill of the gameplay (especially bosses) and I don't think I'm gonna buy DLC so I guess I'll just watch a playthrough of the Foundation?

Very weird to think that what I will miss will be the collectible documents and audio/video logs...

Fix posted:

Kiwami 2 is really loving good. Zero is better written, and Judgement has the best ending.

Now, I'd like to hear from the Y's fans. (Y's is for Yakuza's)

I was partially through Kiwami 2 before getting sidetracked with a bunch of other games so this is a good reminder to get back to that!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

acksplode posted:

The FF7R ending goes on forever, I thought each of the last four or five bosses might be the final one, and it's totally baffling and disorienting. But drat if it didn't get me interested in the next game, whenever that happens.

Arsenal was hard but very epic.

Motorball boss was handled really well imo, way better than the stationary fight in the original. Makes me glad there was a motorcycle sequence earlier so that I was used to the controls already.

The big bad was super borning.

The actual final final boss was pretty damned cool.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

My progress in Kiwami 2 came to a complete stop once I unlocked the Cabaret Club game. I paid $30 for the game just to spend all my time on a knock-off of Flo's Diner Dash.

Also posting on the subject of Yakuza: This is amazing.

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Apr 26, 2020

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

exquisite tea posted:

The Control DLC boss fights are good, and easy to win!

The one I’m thinking of (the last one) isn’t so much good as it is easy, so long as you do it the specific way Remedy wants you to do it. Any other way is a headache.

acksplode posted:

The end was so aggravating. Beautiful, but aggravating. It’s like they had five different climaxes and couldn’t agree on which one to pick, so they went with all of them. Personally I wish they would have closed it out with chapter 17 and a short movie of them escaping Midgar; everything after that feels like talking after you already made your point & subsequently unconvincing me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hate this so much that I am fascinated by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URCLFqeNHYk

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

I hate this so much that I am fascinated by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URCLFqeNHYk

What don't you like? I thought it was really cool. Best in game event they've done by far.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't even understand what it is because I am old and the idea of a Fortnite concert makes me irrationally annoyed.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The kids hang out in Fortnite to watch a concert, Epic wants the game to be a new Second Life. The olds remember Second Life, no

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I think this video shows it off a bit better:

https://twitter.com/MrDalekJD/status/1253468093659004928?s=20

Basically you turn up to a set place at a certain time, god mode comes on for all and there's an in-game concert. The music isn't exactly my thing (but I don't think it sucks) but the visuals were awesome.

Despite not having much interest in it before I've been playing a tonne of Fortnite lately. My sister's got the COVID so her family are all isolating. I'm helping out by babysitting my 7-year-old nephew on it, we play duos together and chat over headsets. It's been really fun. I'm good at the shooting and getting headshots, he's good at building forts for us. We're a good team.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 26, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The travis Scott fortnite thing is amazing and must have taken so so long to set up and do. It's like a masterpiece in in-game advertising.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Just like the Hiss attacking Hedron...

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Question, I was looking to pick up AssCreed Odyssey for the PS4. Apparently there is a gold edition that includes the season pass content, but I can only find one store online here that sells it (physical). Is there a complete edition coming with all content or why is that version so rare? I am confused by all the versions....

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gold is the "everything included" version of the game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The kids hang out in Fortnite to watch a concert

:lmao:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Epic wants the game to be a new Second Life

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The olds remember Second Life, no

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's like a masterpiece in in-game advertising

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

More like Fartshite lmao xd

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So how long before theres a widely known case of a child predator in Fortnite like the ones in Habbo Hotel and similar?

I'm sorry if this post is crude but considering the amount of parents that leave their kids in front of that game without keeping an eye is alarming. Pretty much a :corsair: post but when I was a kid, playing Doom or pen&paper RPGs were extremely edgy and the only social interaction was with the nerds next to you.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Apr 26, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Lmao at complaining at a rap superstar putting out a free concert for people to enjoy in a free video game. Sometimes people just do nice things because the world is trash and we could all use a pick me up.

It’s totally normal to be old and not understand cool things. Imagine how all the 90’s parents felt when their kids came home begging them for the new Japanese anime video game about dog fighting with electric rats.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Watching the video of the concert its definitely very cool and I bet the kids went totally crazy for it. The idea of a portly beardman goon acting like he's too cool for it is also very funny.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

The Human Crouton posted:

Nioh question: I'm two missions in. There are a few parrying techniques, but I'm having trouble with them. Will I be fine playing the game as I have been with just blocking and dodging?

Is parrying more like Dark Souls, where it's not really practical the first time through since you aren't a master at the game yet?

There is a boss coming up who is essentially a parrying tutorial. I was stuck at him for awhile, but I learned to beat him and now I am OK at parrying the red flashes and all the rest of the time I dodge and block.

E: I am assuming you mean Nioh 2 which might be a mistake.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

Gold is the "everything included" version of the game.

I know but it allegedly includes a season pass code, so I was wondering whether there may be a box with the content on the disc now. It is just really weird, the gold version is sold out at major electronics chains, unavailable at Amazon and only one store sells it when they are not a store youd check for games in the first place. Ah well maybe I'll just order it there. 6 days delivery doesn't sound too bad.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Hopper posted:

I know but it allegedly includes a season pass code, so I was wondering whether there may be a box with the content on the disc now. It is just really weird, the gold version is sold out at major electronics chains, unavailable at Amazon and only one store sells it when they are not a store youd check for games in the first place. Ah well maybe I'll just order it there. 6 days delivery doesn't sound too bad.

No, the disc would have to include all the DLC and the two extra games that got a standalone disc release, so they won't do that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:corsair:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao at the olds

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

probably waiting for a Beatles concert in Dark Souls 3, smh

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I only listen to New Kids on the Block in my cassette deck.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

As someone who likes to get stoned and spend an hour yelling at my girlfriend about why the phrasing of John Coltrane was one of the most expressive shows of intangible human passion in history, I think it’s okay that the kids get to enjoy a dumb cool thing. I don’t have to like it. It ain’t that deep.

Escobarbarian posted:

Do more Wall Market and then get back to us.

Will do!

acksplode posted:

Yeahhhh it's maybe not the best game to binge. For all its modernization the structure is very much traditional JRPG. Navigating dungeons is mostly rote -- go forward toward objective, find switch when blocked, when the path forks hit dead ends for loot, wake back up when a fight starts. At least dungeons are usually cool looking environments, though. I have mixed feelings about Wall Market overall: as fun and loopy as it is, Don Corneo is one big diversion from the plot that I actually care about, and the dungeon is just an ugly unremarkable sewer. I will say that there's still a ton of cool stuff ahead of you that's worth pushing toward. The raid on Shinra tower is maybe overlong, I'm still running through it, but everything looks gorgeous, there's plenty of combat, and the plot is finally picking back up. It's weird that the game waits until this late to introduce most of the Shinra execs that are supposed to be my antagonists, but at least the train is moving again.

It’s interesting because I also like the linear aspect and how straightforward it is. I would be totally down if FFVIIR was just a long halfway with great sights and sounds and battles for like 20 hours. Somewhere around the time when I was moving huge mechanical hands around to help Aerith across areas I realized that none of that kind of gameplay does anything for me in the game. The bike stuff was fun at least.

When the game is just beautiful environment + engaging characters + high level of action + story locked in at a solid pace it’s genuinely a 9.5/10 game for me but when the pace stumbles I drops real low.

It’s frustrating how almost every game I’ve bought lately has been full of stuff I absolute love plus big steamin’ deal breakers lol. Maybe I have become The Negative Gamer. Nah though because in 2020 I’m almost onboard with being okay at Dark Souls :psyduck:

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

If TLOU2 takes too long will they also delay it to optimize it for the PS5? Or is this something they’re already doing?

I know they said the game is done and the delay is logistical but it would seem bad for sales if it came out too close to or after the PS5.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Having a concert in a game doesn't seem all that surprising because of the popularity of the game and it's not like chilling in a game is new. When I was growing up players spent tons of time in UO or EverQuest or WoW just hanging out. Sometimes they got married.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

foRtniTe bad